Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,174 members, 7,829,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

I Condemn The Strike By Medical Personnel In Strong Terms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Condemn The Strike By Medical Personnel In Strong Terms (473 Views)

The Strike Was Suspended Not Called Off – PENGASSAN President / Air Force Personnel In Abuja Streets (Photos) / Pengassan Would Not Be Joining The Strike As Promised - NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Condemn The Strike By Medical Personnel In Strong Terms by here: 8:29am On Oct 24, 2013
I like to start by saying I have come to appreciate nairaland as one of the avenues presently where most Nigerians can atleast say how and what they feel.
I also like to say that I condemn the strike by medical personnel particularly in the FCT.

My Case:
I came in this morning and a cleaner was sitting around the clock in area and I asked if everything was ok.She replied that a relation who is a serving police officer was on an okada and a car hit them but didnt stop. This happened around 6pm or so but they finally got a hospital around Jabi to take him around midnight. National Hospital, Garki and others wouldnt take him for the strike. He has been in coma as scan says he has blood in his brain. It also happened in Rivers state where UPTH this year discharged everyone, imagine that when some patients where even having tubes on them.

You might never feel concerned but I must say its entirely wrong for people who signed to save lives to choose when to. Yes I have had a close case last year when there was strike also, you needed to have gone to all the maternity wards to see what our women where being subjected to; no beds and you find women lay on bare floors. Its a sad case people where going into surgery for the hospitals that even accepted them but when they came out had no bed to place them.
I do not expect this to get to front page but if it does I hope everyone can add their voices and share their experience and let someone hear we hate how they (medical doctors) treat us. Vet doctors have never gone on strike so why will doctors for humans always choose to no matter their reason,is it that there cannot be other options like propose a legislation or as a body write to the National Assembly and add week long protest like every other employee would do?
Note that no one is even investigating the medical malpractices (another subject for another day)

Suggestion:
Since they claim not to be in essential services and someone would argue they have every right to protest by staying away from work(but every doctor will say a doctor can perform 70% of his task with just simple tools,paper and pen at a desert.Then why will someone go on strike for condition of service?). I recommend a massive recruitment of medical personnel by the military who shall be placed on reserve status to be used (activated) in times of emergency like this. We are really in state of emergency(crises) by the action of these medical personnel at the moment.

Finally:
Our people are being lost and everyone seem not to care because they are not related to us. I felt pained because this woman is looking for 750,000 when she is barely a cleaner.
I have advised her to contact the HMO for the man’s agency to see if he is registered so they can get approval and send to this hospital so he can be treated, but how about persons without insurance, the ordinary Nigerian who these guys signed to save?

(1) (Reply)

2015:power Shift To North Not Negotiable—northern Leaders / Money Embezzlement;is This Madness?? / Orie-irri Raps DESOPADEC Over Electricity Transformer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.