Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process (10290 Views)

Repulsive Odour Forces Reps To Adjourn Till Nov 17 / Sultan Bello Mosque Faults NDA Admission / Reps To Strip President Of Power Over Oil Licences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2013
REPS TO X-RAY NDA ADMISSION PROCESS

[img]http://dailytrust.info/images/stories/legislators/ihedioha_0_2.jpg[/img]
Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha

Following reports of alleged lopsidedness in admission process in the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) the House of Representatives yesterday ordered its Committee on Defence to quickly commence an investigation into the process to cover the past 10 years in order to determine the veracity of annual admission trends.

Weekly Trust had last Saturday published a list of successful candidates admitted into the academy from Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno and Taraba where the lists reflected religious and ethnic variations. But the Director Defence Information, Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, maintained that the process had duly recognised “all the factors that are of national character”.

Reacting to the development, the Chairman, Supreme Council for Shariah in Nigeria, Sheikh Zubairu Surajo and the Chairman of the Council of Imams and Ulama in Kaduna, Shiekh Usman Abubakar Babantine after a meeting frowned at an observed lopsided nature of admission.
After a meeting, the Islamic bodies issued a statement in which they noted that the recent admission is shocking and unbelievable which no responsible community would accept.

“The result clearly shows that Muslims of Nigeria were systematically marginalized, a plan we foresee is intended to gradually get rid of our Muslim youths from the armed forces and other security agencies in Nigeria,” said the joint statement.

It is against this that representative Aliyu Sani Madaki (PDP, Kano) moved a matter of urgent national importance on the floor of the House.
Rep Madaki, who is the chairman, committee on Lake Chad, noted further that as the only degree awarding institution not subject to JAMB admission process, NDA should serve as a symbol of unity in Nigeria. “The imbalance recorded in the last admission/recruitment into the NDA Kaduna, and its implication on our polity has offended the provisions of Section 219(a&b) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended),” said the member.

Deputy Speaker, Emeka Ihedioha (PDP, Imo) who was presiding over the session at the time however cautioned House that issues like this involving religion and ethnicity are very sensitive and therefore members must take note. He therefore referred the matter to the committee on Defence for further legislative work. It was given two weeks to submit its findings to the House.

Source

3 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Impulse80(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2013
First
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by holyvirgin: 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
Who needs muslims to defend our territory since their only interest is in killing innocent nigerians. Are they tired of bombing and causing havoc in the country? Btw NDA has more muslim northerners than any other region in nigeria so what is the noise for?

9 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by igbeke: 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Who needs muslims to defend our territory since their only interest is in killing innocent nigerians. Are they tired of bombing and causing havoc in the country?
not all muslims are dare devils, atleast dos in d south hav human face. (saying dis without sentiment). but dos in d north, producers of boko solders who have been sabotaging d efforts of d JTF in d north. we no longer need more of dem.

Btw NDA has more muslim northerners than any other region in nigeria so what is the noise for?
wat do u expect? its a feel of insecurity. dey are known for whinning and crying like littles babies when dey feel d odds are turning against dem.

6 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by doctokwus: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
During previous govts of muslim leaders wen admissions not only into d nda but other national institutions were lopsided in their favor,dey ddnt cry foul.Wen other states,ethnicities& religion were being marginalised in favor of d north,all was well and good,now dat that lopsidedness is being addressed by somebody on d other side of d religious/ethnic divide,d bigots now see everything wrong wt it.Let admissions be on merit,dey wud say no;wen u are in power,reflect other regions in ur appointments,dey wud conveniently 4get d principle of so called national character;but wen tit-4-tat is employed,dey shout.Pls,dey shud spare us their cries of marginalization

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by DerideGull(m): 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
Against the backdrop of this nonsensical and ignorant postulation from northerners and Muslims in particular, I have strongly suggested that nothing more could serve as symbol of unity in Nigeria than have NDA in eastern and western regions of Nigeria.

These idiotic rapscallions only think about unity of Nigeria when everything is situated in northern region of Nigeria or goes in their favor. I guess there is no point blaming these dirty jackasses from northern region but cowards from southern Nigeria who were made to think Igbo man was their problem.

Where is symbol of unity of Nigeria when NDA, Staff College, S&T Depot, Command and Strategic School and Air force Training schools are all located in northern region? I hate the cesspit called Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by igbeke: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
DerideGull: Against the backdrop of this nonsensical and ignorant postulation from northerners and Muslims in particular, I have strongly suggested that nothing more could serve as symbol of unity in Nigeria than have NDA in eastern and western regions of Nigeria.

These idiotic rapscallions only think about unity of Nigeria when everything is situated in northern region of Nigeria or goes in their favor. I guess there is no point blaming these dirty jackasses from northern region but cowards from southern Nigeria who were made to think Igbo man was their problem.

Where is symbol of unity of Nigeria when NDA, Staff College, S&T Depot, Command and Strategic School and Air force Training schools are all located in northern region? I hate the cesspit called Nigeria.
u just said my mind,bro.

5 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by fkaz(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
With Religion and ethnicity @ play in governance, nigeria won't survive
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Jayses(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
I just hope this issue will be well address because i want to attend that school and frm de look of things connection plays a vital role in getting admission, but i belief with Jesus all things are possible.

3 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) Kaduna published in Daily Trust News paper of Friday August 23, 2013 the list of successful candidates into the 65th Regular intake (course 65). Read the shocking facts from the following majority-Muslim States:1. Adamawa:- Muslims -3- Christians -102. Bauchi:- Muslims – 7- Christians – 73. Borno:- Muslims – 5- Christians – 84. Gombe:- Muslims – 4- Christians – 105. Kaduna:- Muslims – 3- Christians – 116. Kebbi:- Muslims – 6- Christians – 77. Taraba:- Muslims – 3- Christians – 10And surprisingly they want us to believe that there’s no Muslims in Plateau State at all, because all the candidates from there were all Christians.

5 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Brimmie(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hmmmmm BPG..
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by politicalpastor: 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
I once attend the school in kaduna, good experience, but it was strictly based on who you known.
the but its quiet interesting .
Impulse80: First
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by HAH: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
I was really shocked to see 7 out of the 11 candidate from Borno are christians and 9 out of the 11 from kaduna. Not to talk of gombe,adamawa,bauchi,taraba,fct,kebbi,niger and kogi, who have mostly chritians, according to an insider even some with muslim names are actually christian, siting particularly a calabar girl who got admitted under Borno. Even among the South western state 90 percent are christians.

Obiously there is an agenda going on .

3 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by gboso1ne(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Yassar2688: The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) Kaduna published in Daily Trust News paper of Friday August 23, 2013 the list of successful candidates into the 65th Regular intake (course 65). Read the shocking facts from the following majority-Muslim States:1. Adamawa:- Muslims -3- Christians -102. Bauchi:- Muslims – 7- Christians – 73. Borno:- Muslims – 5- Christians – 84. Gombe:- Muslims – 4- Christians – 105. Kaduna:- Muslims – 3- Christians – 116. Kebbi:- Muslims – 6- Christians – 77. Taraba:- Muslims – 3- Christians – 10And surprisingly they want us to believe that there’s no Muslims in Plateau State at all, because all the candidates from there were all Christians.

continue smoking
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by checkdate(m): 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
P E O P L E D E C E I V I N G P E O P L E
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by gboso1ne(m): 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Na dem sabi,even d reps dey involved 4 dis maata coz if u no knw person mind u not just persons,u no go even enta NDA gate
so let the rich and influential continue 2 fight on dis coz e no affect agbero 4 street
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by erictoonice: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
its so needless trying to keep people who doesnt want to be together, the energy which is sopposed to be directed to developement of this country is being to kerp it together, lets just go on our own and be free frm all this, its so simple we are such different people lets jst go our own way ooo!!"
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by axhead(m): 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
Yassar2688: The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) Kaduna published in Daily Trust News paper of Friday August 23, 2013 the list of successful candidates into the 65th Regular intake (course 65). Read the shocking facts from the following majority-Muslim States:1. Adamawa:- Muslims -3- Christians -102. Bauchi:- Muslims – 7- Christians – 73. Borno:- Muslims – 5- Christians – 84. Gombe:- Muslims – 4- Christians – 105. Kaduna:- Muslims – 3- Christians – 116. Kebbi:- Muslims – 6- Christians – 77. Taraba:- Muslims – 3- Christians – 10And surprisingly they want us to believe that there’s no Muslims in Plateau State at all, because all the candidates from there were all Christians.
. Pse mr man,don't mislead people on nairaland.every body knows only 7 or 8 candidates are given direct entry per state so I wonder where you got the figures above from.the nda admission process is one of the fairest admission process in Nigeria.I know nothing will come out of the probe.this is all because some peoples personal intrest was not favored.anyway we are watching

7 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by HAH: 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
I can tell authoritatively that one of the new cadet from Imo could not pass the screening, he came almost last in the running, He was screened instantly but to the surprise of even the officers he was recalled after three days.

Guess what ? The boy is the son of one of GEJs cook in the villa.

1 Like

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
House of Rep are a jobless bunch... This is their law making assignment. How does dis change the admission process. The army is not a democratic institution that is why they have a coas.

1 Like

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by HAH: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by saintjoel(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2013

Are you sure you aren't on cheap drugs mixed with codeine.
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Lilimax(f): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
Where did you get these figures from angry?
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by KenJak(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rubbish. Why are they(the house and the muslims) blind to notice every department/office of Nigeria situated in the north,why are they not complaining? Stupidity. Whey are they not complaining about their sons(boko haram) to be only muslims too?
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by CaptJHMiller: 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
You people complaining should use ur head, haba!! Does everything have to be spelt out to u?? Simple thing like this you can't read between the lines and solve the puzzle, tomorrow you wil want to rule millions of people.. No wonder we have drunkards and dullards as rulers.

This is how he meant it to look like.

Yassar2688: The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) Kaduna published in Daily Trust News paper of Friday August 23, 2013 the list of successful candidates into the 65th Regular intake (course 65). Read the shocking facts from the following majority-Muslim States:

1.Adamawa:- Muslims -3 Christians -10
2. Bauchi:- Muslims –7 Christians –7
3. Borno:- Muslims –5 Christians –8
4. Gombe:- Muslims –4 Christians –10
5. Kaduna:- Muslims –3 Christians –11
6. Kebbi:- Muslims –6 Christians –7
7. Taraba:- Muslims –3 Christians –10

And surprisingly they want us to believe that there’s no Muslims in Plateau State at all, because all the candidates from there were all Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
And who cares if you are a xtian or muslim ,this is the Nigerian Defence Academy not xtian/muslim defence academy.
as far as the those admitted were Nigerians and fufilled federal character who cares .
please tell these politicans to stop messing with the military .as a military man the defence of Nigeria must come first before any religion at all.thats all

10 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Boboedom: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
These our jobless house members will probe everything but themselves. The N32m quarterly allowance that they get has not been probed yet. Unserious people
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by amuniiopz(m): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wen I say dis xtaiz hav hidden agenda my brodas wil tnk am just jokin...I cnt witstand dem anymre na dem full our universities 4 hea....mak dem pack go dea south aftaol hu nid yu fools....shegu...go 2 yur fuckin south let's see hw yu wil feed yursef...d mst anoyin tin is dat 1 can nt scul dea...I praise ABU 4 admitin majority of muslims....na sentiment una want na..#fucking hate dis xtains...I mean it.
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by fr3do(m): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
if Muslims are this few then it was by merit

7 Likes

Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by nijanigga: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
why the hullabaloo ? all the Muslim youths have defected to book haram and civilian jtf. others can't be waiting for them, we need to admit guys who are ready .
Re: Reps To X-RAY NDA Admission Process by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
amuniiopz: Wen I say dis xtaiz hav hidden agenda my brodas wil tnk am just jokin...I cnt witstand dem anymre na dem full our universities 4 hea....mak dem pack go dea south aftaol hu nid yu fools....shegu...go 2 yur fuckin south let's see hw yu wil feed yursef...d mst anoyin tin is dat 1 can nt scul dea...I praise ABU 4 admitin majority of muslims....na sentiment una want na..#fucking hate dis xtains...I mean it.
even though its your life i pity you ,you mean at this age you are spewing rubbish like this from you mouth or fingers rather.i blame your upbring & level of exposure for this .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Guber: PDP Unsettled Over Candidate As INEC Deadline Ends Today / Thomas-Wilson Ikubese Joins Alliance For New Nigeria (ANN) / Ekiti Warns Against Attacking ‘Legitimate’ Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.