Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group (16497 Views)

Biafra: MASSOB, Niger Delta Group Team Up To Actualise Struggle / Niger Delta Group Criticizes Asari-dokubo Over Buhari Statement / Niger-Delta Group Condemns Tompolo's Acquisition Of War Ships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Manchidede(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
WARRI- THE Niger Delta for Peace, Credible and Visionary Leadership, NDPCVL, rose in robust defence of embattled Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, saying, she should be left alone.

NDPCVL in a press statement by its national president, Mr. King-jerry Prebor, said, “She is the best thing that had happened in the aviation industry in regards to new looks, renovation, equipment, trainings of staff, among other things in our airports.”

“The House of Representatives should be concerned with laws that will better the lives of the people, such as the ban of air crafts above 30 years from date of manufacture. It is an open secret that the air crafts bought and used by our air line operators are far above 30years.

The death rates are as a result of old age of the planes brought into the country. Why are the lawmakers looking at only one side when it is obvious that the neck will ache? It is their failure that has cost the nation millions of lives, they failed to move a motion to save the lives lost, but instead are shouting about cars bought by NCAA, not even for the minister’s personal use,” he said.

Prebor asserted, “It is true that the Central bank Governor Malam Sanusi and the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili raised an alarm that law makers will shut down the country, why did they not raise a motion to look into that.

“The motion moved by Hon. Samson Osagie, seconded by Hon. Shehu Gusau of APC failed to include why our refineries are not working, casualization of workers in the oil industry with peanut as salary, ASUU strike, low salaries for the military, police and civil servants.

“We, the NDPCVL are watching with keen interest the activities of the lawmakers; we urge them to live up to expectation as it will not be business as usual. They should make enabling laws to force air line operators to buy brand new air-crafts to make the air space save for air users,” he said.

According to him, “The major problem affecting the aviation sector is too many unnecessary interference, the ministers in the various ministries should be allowed to take charge absolutely and that that will bring productivity,” he added.

source: vanguard news

More at http://..com

http://www.facebook.com/

5 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
KUL
Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by stebell(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Seriously, I want to go wit dis group.

Long tym seeing a group of peeps frm a region supporting their own

15 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by slimghost(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice one! Let the hawks leave the woman alone!!!

4 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
NDPCVL, Another false contraption. Morally bankrupt, cash-and-carry ethnic entrepreneurs trying to force the bitter pills of arrant nonsense down our throat. Making laws that will better the lives of the people does not stop the NA from investigating those whose heinous greed and avarice have contributed to the sorrows of the people. Yes, we can argue that the lawmakers are themselves the epitome of corruption, but it is their responsibility to appropriate and monitor by oversight how judiciously our collective wealth is being managed by the executive.

The pervasive morass of unemployment has created a fertile ground for politicians to hire unemployed youths and political jobbers who camouflage themselves as civil society groups and ethnic organizations to protect their interests and masquerade the guilty in a garb of innocence.

67 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by PointB: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
About time.

I hope all concerned listen and cease heating up the polity with their hate and envy for hardworking folks.

10 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by MrCal: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Period!
Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by MrCal: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
I think she has released a press statement on hour the said cars was agreed on and was bought. From the statement, she has justified herself. So, should be left alone.

7 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Mrhod: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
The situation of dis country, has got to a point were integrity has no place in our dictionary, people want to make money by every means. We hv more than 10000 group in dis country.

19 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rightly the best aviation minister this country have produced in decades.

19 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by ikeyman00(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
@@@

take dat(m): 3:52pm

NDPCVL, Another false contraption. Morally bankrupt and cash-and-carry ethnic entrepreneurs trying to force the bitter pills of arrant nonsense down our throat. Making laws that will better the lives of the people does not stop the NA from investigating those whose heinous greed and avarice have contributed to the sorrows of the people. Yes, we can argue that the lawmakers are themselves the epitome of corruption, but it is their responsibility to monitor by oversight how judiciously our collective wealth is being managed by the executive.

The pervasive morass of unemployment has created a fertile ground for politicians to hire unemployed youths and political jobbers who camouflage themselves as civil society groups and ethnic organizations to protect their interests and masquerading the guilty in a garb of innocence.

and where were u when FFK and Bankole were running riot eh

12 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by grafikii: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
While other states are developing some are busy defending ministers

8 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2013
PointB: About time.

I hope all concerned listen and cease heating up the polity with their hate and envy for hardworking folks.
Is this a plea?

1 Like

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by PointB: 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
take dat: Is this a plea?

Whatever works for you - a plea, a threat, a warning anything that works for you! PointBlank doesn't give a damn!

16 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

take dat(m): 3:52pm

and where were u when FFK and Bankole were running riot eh
Is there anyone stopping the government from prosecuting them? Whose fault is it, that those accused of monumental graft are being let off the hook, and those who still have their case files with the EFCC and others before different court of law are running wild and riding high, as free as the wind? Is it a fault of mine or the Yorubas, that this administration is complacent in the fight against corruption, and that the President is 'all bluster and no balls', 'flashes of fire here and there but no smoke'?

22 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by ikeyman00(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
^^ok
Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
PointB:

Whatever works for you - a plea, a threat, a warning anything that works for you! PointBlank doesn't give a damn!
No vex, keyboard warrior!

3 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by stunning4real: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
Buying a car is not d problem but d price at which those cars were bought is d problem. In a country where there are lots of unemploy graduate. Yet som1 approve d purchase of such outrageous amount 4 cars that wil not b buried wit. Majority of Nigerian leaders have sold their conscience and soul to d devil.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by ebamma(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2013
another group of touts and sycophants parading as an an ngo, i bet u after this oduah saga is over, u will never hear about this group again

16 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by cashkid042(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
well said. we hv had enough of their shit.they shud put their moni wia their mouth is cool cool
Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
ebamma: another group of touts and sycophants parading as an an ngo, i bet u after this oduah saga is over, u will never hear about this group again
We have many of them here also. Those whose line of defense is rested on the guilt of others, and those who label an individual involved in reckless expenditure as a victim of ethnic vendetta and witch hunt because such a person has performed cosmetic surgery, with scars still visible on our airports.

19 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by atlwireles: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
take dat: We have many of them here also. Those whose line of defense is rested on the guilt of others, and those who label an individual involved in reckless expenditure as a victim of ethnic vendetta and witch hunt.

And you are the man free of bigotry? This is Nigeria, shake us, we will shake you, push us and we will push back. Enough of the noise making. Worry about the political criminals in your neck of woods, you are overrun with them. We can and have always dealt with our own public officials, when public funds are mismanaged. Can you say this for your zone/region

12 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by ballabriggs: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
Another agbataeke group aka man must wack.

What does her theft of over N100 million have to do with the nonsense submitted by this group.

Why is her car more pricey than President Jonadunces car? If this criminal group can answer this then they are safe. Till then they are bunch of rogues seeking relevance and a share of the kickback from Dede Cosmas.

They should watch their mouth or I send amadioha to visit them.

11 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Kponkwem(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
SS/SE looking out for each other in a raging antagonistic ocean. Good development.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Kairoseki77: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
We have no one to blame for corruption but ourselves.

Tribal bigots will always rally around known thieves and protect them from punishment.

I never want to hear a Nigerian complain about corruption again.

I can't take you seriously anymore.

13 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
atlwireles:

And you are the man free of bigotry? This is Nigeria, shake us, we will shake you, push us and we will push back. Enough of the noise making. Worry about the political criminals in your neck of woods, you are overrun with them. We can and have always dealt with our own public officials, when public funds are mismanaged. Can you say this for your zone/region
And who is shaking or pushing your fragile frame? Is hypocrisy etched in your genetic make-up? When the misdeed of one of your own is being highlighted, it is then you remember that each region should 'worry about their respective political criminals' even when its known to all that you are excessively obsessed with the cabal of elite in the SW. I do not shy away from the fact that, we are being lorded by criminal elite who abound in all regions/ethnic groups.

Can you give us examples of how you have successfully dealt with your thieving public officials?

11 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Rossikk(m): 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2013
Kairoseki77: We have no one to blame for corruption but ourselves.

Tribal bigots will always rally around known thieves and protect them from punishment.

I never want to hear a Nigerian complain about corruption again.

I can't take you seriously anymore.

You're wrong. The MAIN reason for SS and SE support of Oduah is that she's actually done a fabulous job as aviation minister. She's remodelling 15 airports nationwide for example. That's unprecedented. So peeps are very reluctant to see her thrown under the bus for as yet indeterminate reasons. If she had nothing to account for her stewardship - or was just average - I doubt she'd get all this support from 'her people'.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by atlwireles: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
take dat: And who is shaking or pushing your fragile frame? Is hypocrisy etched in your genetic make-up? When the misdeed of one of your own is being highlighted, it is then you remember that each region should 'worry about their respective political criminals' even when its known to all that you are excessively obsessed about the cabal of elite in the SW. I do not shy away from the fact that, we are being lorded by criminal elite who abound in all regions/ethnic groups.

Can you give us examples of how you have successfully dealt with your thieving public officials?

Take it or leave it, my state of delta, lead by deltans fought Ibori to standstill. When certain regions provided him safe haven. The same can be said for Edo with their ex gov, and Bayelsa. Fight corruption in your zone and worry less about other people's backyard. I want you and your e-warriors, to turn your energy on public officials from your neck of the woods.

1 Like

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Kairoseki77: 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rossikk:

You're wrong. The MAIN reason for SS and SE support of Oduah is that she's actually done a fabulous job as aviation minister. She's remodelling 15 airports nationwide for example. So peeps are very reluctant to see her thrown under the bus for as yet indeterminate reasons. Of she had nothing to account for her stewardship - or was just average - I doubt she'd get all this support from 'her people'.

No. You are lying to yourself.

Rossikk, I would believe you if you weren't an Igbo. As a pro African/pro-black person that you claim to be, you should be the FIRST person to demand Oduah's resignation. Except we see you here defending a thief. Why?

Stella Oduah has brought shame to our nation. She has stolen from every Nigerian. She has no remorse, has never apologized, and refuses to return the money she ate.

There are no excuses for her behavior and I am ashamed of the behavior of the NL Igbos with the way they keep protecting her.

Like I said, I will NEVER take complaints about corruption seriously after this. I am sure that I am not alone in this feeling.

Spits

If a Nigerian in government is stealing, they should be thrown out and punished period. No excuses, no shifting the blame, no pointing fingers, no whining. EVERY Nigerian is from some tribe. If tribal bigots continue to protect criminals in our government we will NEVER stop corruption. Divide and conquer is what the white man did to us during colonization, and we are still doing it to ourselves in 2013.

19 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by takedat(m): 6:32pm On Oct 24, 2013
atlwireles:

Take it or leave it, my state of delta, lead by deltans fought Ibori to standstill. When certain regions provided him safe haven. The same can be said for Edo with their ex gov, and Bayelsa. Fight corruption in your zone and worry less about other people's backyard. I want you and your e-warriors, to turn your energy on public officials from your neck of the woods.
Even though, unlike you I am not an ethnic jingoist. Let me remind you in case you have a short memory.

The Oghara people who organized aggressive protest marches to shield Ibori from the jaws of the EFCC are no longer Deltans? The same people who celebrated a jail bird's birthday in absentia. Delta is now a haven free of corruption, after electing Uduaghan to another term of fraud and folly?

You dealt with Lucky, Alams and Sylva? How? Through plea bargain or presidential pardon Tell us the role you guys played in the get-out-of-jail cards offered to them and their two-for-one-kobo conviction? You are a clown!

16 Likes

Re: Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group by Rossikk(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Kairoseki77:

No. You are lying to yourself.

Rossikk, I would believe you if you weren't an Igbo. As a pro African/pro-black person that you claim to be, you should be the FIRST person to demand Oduah's resignation. Except we see you here defending a thief. Why?

Stella Oduah has brought shame to our nation. She has stolen from every Nigerian. She has no remorse, has never apologized, and refuses to return the money she ate.

There are no excuses for her behavior and I am ashamed of the behavior of the NL Igbos with the way they keep protecting her.

Like I said, I will NEVER take complaints about corruption seriously when they come from the SE after this. I am sure that I am not alone in this feeling.

Spits

If a Nigerian in government is stealing, they should be thrown out and punished period. No excuses, no shifting the blame, no pointing fingers, no whining. EVERY Nigerian is from some tribe. If tribal bigots continue to protect criminals in our government we will NEVER stop corruption. Divide and conquer is what the white man did to us during colonization, and we are still doing it to ourselves in 2013.

Dude please get real. Tell me something. Who do you think is not ''a thief'' in govt? EVERYONE IS. There's no point lying to ourselves. Jonathan himself will be a much richer guy by the time he leaves office than when he got in. I know this, he knows this, we know this, the whole world knows this. Same as every other member of his cabinet, every minister, every state governor, every commissioner etc etc.

So we might as well sack the entire govt., instead of using Oduah as ''an example'' or scapegoat. Funny thing is that you call her a thief but what has she stolen? Armoured cars for security? She says the purchase followed due process. Why not let her case be examined before crucifying her?

Meanwhile let me tell you something. As we speak there are VARIOUS shady deals being implemented by many other public officers, who are NOT PDP members or Jonathan allies, and therefore are NOT subject to the same opposition ''media scrutiny''. So, it is not surprising to see Oduah's people ''defending'' her, against such brazenly selective ''investigative journalism'' by a media supposedly ''concerned about corruption''.

So there are many permutations to this. Certainly people compare this federal govt to earlier regimes, and feel progress is being made.

We have to be very careful that in our attempt to ''fight corruption'' (according to the opposition's selective methodologies) we don't end up dismantling the huge progress the nation has made under the current federal administration. So it is not as clear-cut as ''hang the minister!!''

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We’ll Deliver 20,000mw Of Power In Four Years: Buhari / Operation Positive Identification: Buratai Explains Reasons For Drill / Ganduje Is APC Best Performing Governor - Governors Forum’s Progressive Tracking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.