Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday (2176 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2008
The vast majority of Christian churches today teach the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, as a time for rest and worship. Yet it is generally known and freely admitted that the early Christians observed the seventh day as the Sabbath. How did this change come about?

History reveals that it was decades after the death of the apostles that a politico-religious system repudiated the Sabbath of Scripture and substituted the observance of the first day of the week. The following quotations, all from Roman Catholic sources, freely acknowledge that there is no Biblical authority for the observance of Sunday, that it was the Roman Church that changed the Sabbath to the first day of the week.

In the second portion of this booklet are quotations from Protestants. Undoubtedly all of these noted clergymen, scholars, and writers kept Sunday, but they all frankly admit that there is no Biblical authority for a first-day sabbath.

Candid Confessions of the Anglican Church!
1,"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of one holy Catholic Church." Bishop Seymour, Why We Keep Sunday, Article 12

Candid Confessions of the Church of Christ!
2,"There is no direct scriptural authority for designating the first day the Lord's day." Dr. D. H. Lucas, Christian Oracle, Jan. 23, 1890.

Candid Confessions of the Church of Christ!
3, "But we do not find any direct command from God, or instruction from the risen Christ, or admonition from the early apostles, that the first day is to be substituted for the seventh day Sabbath." "Let us be clear on this point. Though to the Christian 'that day, the first day of the week' is the most memorable of all days ,  there is no command or warrant in the New Testament for observing it as a holy day." "The Roman Church selected the first day of the week in honour of the resurrection of Christ. , " Bible Standard, May, 1916, Auckland, New Zealand.

Candid Confessions of the Baptist Church!
4, "We Believe that the law of God is the eternal and imperishable rule of His moral government." Baptist Church Manual

Candid Confessions of the Baptist Church!
5 "The first four commandments set forth man's obligations directly toward God, The fourth commandment sets forth God's claim on man's time and thought, Not one of the Ten Words (the 10 Commandments) is of merely racial significance, The Sabbath was established originally (long before Moses) in no special connection with the Hebrews, but as an institution for all mankind, in commemoration of God's rest after six days of creation. It was designed for all the descendants of Adam." Adult Quarterly, Southern Baptist Convention series, Aug. 15, 1937

Candid Confessions of the Lutheran Church!
6, "I wonder exceedingly how it came to be imputed to me that I should reject the law of Ten Commandments , Whosoever abrogates the law must of necessity abrogate sin also." Martin Luther, Spiritual Antichrist, pages 71, 72

Candid Confessions of the Lutheran Church!
7, e observance of the Lord's Day (Sunday) is founded not on any command of God, but on the authority of the Church." Augsburg Confession of Faith.
Candid Confessions of the Methodist Church!

8 "This 'handwriting of ordinances' our Lord did blot out, take away, and nail to His cross. (Colossians 2;14). But the moral law contained in the Ten Commandments, and enforced by the prophets, He did not take away the moral law, (the Ten Commandments), stands on an entirely different foundation from the ceremonial or ritual law, Every part of this law must remain in force upon all mankind and in all ages." John Wesley, Sermons on Several Occasions, 2 vol, ed., Vol. 1, pages 221, 222

Candid Confessions of the Methodist Church!
9, "The Sabbath was made for MAN; not for the Hebrews, but for all men." E.O. Haven, Pillars of Truth, Page 88.

Candid Confessions of Presbyterian Church!
10, "The Sabbath is part of the Decalogue - The Ten commandments. This alone forever settles the question as to the perpetuity of the institution, Until therefore it can be shown that the whole moral law has been repealed, the Sabbath will stand,  The teaching of Christ confirms the perpetuity of the Sabbath." T.C. Blake, D. D., Theology Condensed, Pages 474, 475.
11, "The Christian Sabbath (Sunday) is not in the Scriptures, and was not by the primitive church called the Sabbath." Dwight's Theology, Vol. 14, p. 401.

Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!
12,"From this same Catholic Church you have accepted your Sunday, and that Sunday, as the Lord's day, she had handed down as a tradition; and the entire Protestant world has accepted it as tradition, for you have not an iota of Scripture to establish it. Therefore that which you have accepted as your rule of faith, inadequate as it of course it is, as well as your Sunday, you have accepted on the authority of the Roman Catholic Church." D. B. Ray, The Papal Controversy, 1892, page 179

Candid Confessions of the Catholic Church!
13,"I have repeatedly offered $1000 to anyone who can prove to me from the Bible alone that I am bound to keep Sunday holy. There is no such law in the Bible. It is a law of the holy Catholic Church alone. The Bible says, 'Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.' The Catholic Church says: 'No. By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day and command you to keep holy the first day of the week.' And lo! The entire civilized world bows down in a reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church. Priest Thomas Enright, CSSR, President of Redemptorist College, Kansas City, Missouri, in a lecture at Hartford, Kansas, and printed in the American Sentinel, June 1883, a New York Roman Catholic journal.

I'll bet that after reading this some will still end up their churches this coming sunday!!!

Salaam
Victory
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 3:47pm On Jul 08, 2008
Looks like no one wants to deal with this one smiley
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 10:27pm On Jul 08, 2008
All you big preachers in here wassup !! NO one wants to play with this one?

Morpheus24 where you at??
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Lady2(f): 4:03am On Jul 09, 2008
History reveals that it was decades after the death of the apostles that a politico-religious system repudiated the Sabbath of Scripture and substituted the observance of the first day of the week. The following quotations, all from Roman Catholic sources, freely acknowledge that there is no Biblical authority for the observance of Sunday, that it was the Roman Church that changed the Sabbath to the first day of the week.

This is a lie. I know I am Catholic. The Church did not admit to this. I don't know where your sources are from but it's not from the Roman Catholic Church.

1 The sabbath was not moved. Who said it was? Don't make a false claim. We do hold the first day of the week to be a holy day because that's the day the Lord rose, but how does that state that the sabbath no longer existed.

Acts 20:7 On the first day of the week we gathered to break bread together.

The meeting did not start later on, but with the apostles.

Please jsut because some Christians are confused as to what the commandments or beliefs of the faith are does not mean that everyone holds this belief. Thanks.

One more time. The african slavery was not spoken of in the Bible. You are not a part of Isreal. Wake up and start loving yourself and stop with the identity crisis.

1 Like

Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Lady  smiley

~Lady~:

This is a lie. I know I am Catholic. The Church did not admit to this. I don't know where your sources are from but it's not from the Roman Catholic Church.

1 The sabbath was not moved. Who said it was? Don't make a false claim. We do hold the first day of the week to be a holy day because that's the day the Lord rose, but how does that state that the sabbath no longer existed.

Acts 20:7 On the first day of the week we gathered to break bread together.

The meeting did not start later on, but with the apostles.

Please jsut because some Christians are confused as to what the commandments or beliefs of the faith are does not mean that everyone holds this belief. Thanks.

One more time. The african slavery was not spoken of in the Bible. You are not a part of Isreal. Wake up and start loving yourself and stop with the identity crisis.

Don't get so emotional lady!

James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore (1877-1921), in a signed letter.

"Is Saturday the seventh day according to the Bible and the Ten Commandments? I answer yes. Is Sunday the first day of the week and did the Church change the seventh day -Saturday - for Sunday, the first day? I answer yes . Did Christ change the day'? I answer no!

"Faithfully yours, J. Card. Gibbons"

The Catholic Mirror, official publication of James Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893.

"The Catholic Church, . . . by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday."

Catholic Virginian Oct. 3, 1947, p. 9, art. "To Tell You the Truth."

"For example, nowhere in the Bible do we find that Christ or the Apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath day, that is the 7th day of the week, Saturday. Today most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the[Roman Catholic] church outside the Bible."

Peter Geiermann, C.S.S.R., The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957), p. 50.

"Question: Which is the Sabbath day?

"Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

"Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

"Answer. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

Martin J. Scott, Things Catholics Are Asked About (1927),p. 136.

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday ,  Now the Church ,  instituted, by God's authority, Sunday as the day of worship. This same Church, by the same divine authority, taught the doctrine of Purgatory long before the Bible was made. We have, therefore, the same authority for Purgatory as we have for Sunday."

Those were your church fathers who made these confessions. I guess you were there with them in the 1800's when they made most of these statements. DO YOU SEE THE SOURCES?

Only on your mind are these statements false, for us here in the real world, these are recorded documents that you can't get rid off. While you're online why don't you search for Cardinal Gibbons of Baltimore?

Why are you attacking me? I didn't write or make any of those statements,

Do you have a calender? your calender will show that sunday is the 1st day and Shabbat the 7th day(ie yor Saturday). You can't change the calender either.

Identity Crisis?, I am African Hebrew  like Mosheh who was born in Egypt, married an Ethiopian woman & worhipped YHWH ONLY!!. Last time I checked these 2 countries are located in the African continent not Europe.

Besides maybe you don't know that the First region mentioned in the Torah are Havilah and Cush both in the African continent. Please read:

Gen 2:10   Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads.
Gen 2:11  The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.
Gen 2:12   And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there.
Gen 2:13   The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Kush.

From Wikipedia:

This article is about the Nubian civilization. For other uses, see Kush (disambiguation).

Kush civilization centered in the confluence of the Blue Nile and the White Nile, and the confluence of the River Atbara and Nile in what is now the Republic of Sudan.

One of the earliest civilizations to develop in the Nile River Valley, the Kushite state was formed before a period of Egyptian incursion into the area. The Kushite civilization is usually erroneously referred to a Nubia,[who?] even in fact the term Nubia refers strictly to a civilization that replaced the Kushite Empire after 350AD. The Kushite Empire is also referred to as Ethiopia in ancient Greek and Roman records. According to Josephus and other classical writers, the Kushite Empire covered all of Africa, and some parts of Asia and Europe at one time or another.

The Kushites are also famous for having been dominated by female rulers who went by the title Kandake and for having buried their monarchs along with all their courtiers in mass graves. The Kushites also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshipped in Egypt, especially Amon and Isis.

The name given this civilization comes from the Old Testament where Cush (Hebrew: כוש) was one of the sons of Ham who settled in Northeast Africa. In the Bible and archaically, a large region covering northern Sudan, modern day southern Egypt, and parts of Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia were known as Cush.

The Hebrew Bible refers to Cush on a number of occasions, though various English translations translate this as "Nubian", "Ethiopia", and "Cushite" (Unseth 1999). Moses wife, Tzipporah, is described as a Kushite in the book of Numbers. Some contend that this Cush was in southern Arabia. See Biblical Cush for a full discussion. Modern Hebrew retains the name "Kushim" for Black people in a somewhat allegorical manner.

That was from wikipedia, Now go do your own search, then come back and then again to lecture me on who I am  smiley ,

Prior to the British change,the region in which Yisrayl and Palestine are in today was formerly known as NORTHEAST AFRICA. The British then changed it to the Middle East after which they created for the Khazars a home state known as Israel today.

Imagine what if the rest of the world today knew that Israel is actually in Africa, That would make Israel an African country, which is what Yisrayl is !!

You however,follow the state religion of the Rome, are you greek? you worship the Goddess Mary and her infant child God/man  Ea-Zeus Christos. Oh I'm sorry  forgot you are a Roman catholic. If you are an African how could you be a roman catholic at the same time?

I dont have any issue with Europeans worshipping their deities, thats the way it should be. Again if you are an African Lady why are you crying,praying ,singing,burning your candles etc to a caucasian male & female deity?

Looks to me like you are the one with an Identity crisis sad 

Please know your self and your true heritage !

Salaam
Yisraylite
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by morpheus24: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2008
Yisraylite:

All you big preachers in here wassup !! NO one wants to play with this one?

Morpheus24 where you at??

Thy beckoneth the god of sleep MORPHEUS. Therefore I must answer.

Again you are repeating blah blah I have already heard all  of this before.

Keep the sabbath day holy Mr. lost son of Israel. I don't have a problem with you doing that. Whats your point that people are being lied to?

That the  Roamn catholics worship on "SUN" day rather than "Saturn" day.  Thats why they are "roman" catholic .You might as well abolish the whole gregorian calendar and wind time back so we use the jewish sorry the "hebrew" calendar which says the world is actually 6000 years old. Blah blah heard all this before like many years ago.

You my friend will always be of the tribes/ethnic groups that exist in West African today untraceable to the ancient egyptians or the ancient Kushitic kingdoms or even the khosian who live in southern Africa except for the Y choromsone E3a which obvious flows through your veins. DNA does not lie, unless of course you say that is another conspiracy of the evil Jews and the "White" man to fool the world. Come on be reasonable.

We can continue to go back and  forth with this.  I do not believe you nor your cohorts and all the evidence you present to me is recycled information which is twisted to suite the Human agenda. so please pray to I AM and no one will bother you, honestly.

As for spewing hatred on this forum well your agenda will  manifest itself in  due time the more you expose yourself to what you really are . You don't need me for that.
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ Morpheus24

smiley I knew you would be too gullible to resist you Khazarian spy  shocked

I guess your butt isn't red enough from the spanking you've received so far, you disobedient little imp smiley

I hope your genetic bloviates and geek-ish rants prove to be your salvation!!!

Re:thy god of Sleep?

Why don't you use this"Thy God of Sleep" instead? huh! are you afraid of a little upper case G?

You brainwashed slowpoke" The English word GOD or God or god or gOD, whatever combo you like,
means absolutely nothing to me.

Are you scared that if you called yourself Thy God of Sleep, Nairalanders would start freaking out? grin

Anyway here is your healthy daily dose of spanking!!! Sleepy GOD!!

[b]1 Chron 16:26 for all the Gods (Elohim) of the people are demons: but YHWH made the heavens.

Yer 10:11 thus you shall say to them: "The gods (elohim) that have not made the heavens and the
earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens."

Psa 95:3 For you O YHWH, are our Almighty Heavenly Father, and a Great King above all gods(elohim).

Psa 96:4 For YHWH is Great, and Greatly to be praised: He is to be Reverenced above all gods (elohim).

Psa 97:9 For You, O YHWH are the Most High above all the earth: You are exalted above every god (el)

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36For YHWH will judge His people and have compassion upon his servants when He sees your strength is
gone and no-one is left, slave or free.

37And He shall say, Where are your gods(elohim), your rock in whom you trusted,

38 the gods (elohim) who ate the fat of your sacrifices and drank the wine of your drink offerings?
Let them rise up to help you! Let them give you shelter!

39See now that I ONLY I,AM HE! There is NO GOD(EL) WITH ME. I put to death and I bring to life, 
I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.                           

Deu 32:36-39                                                                                                                                                               [/b]

No Salaam for you

Yisraylite
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by morpheus24: 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Morpheus24

smiley I knew you would be to gullible to resist you Khazarian spy shocked

I guess your butt isn't red enough from the spanking you've received so far, you disobedient little imp smiley

I hope your genetic bloviates and geek-ish rants prove to be your salvation!!!

No Salaam for you

Yisraylite

DNA does not LIE just like when you go to the bathroom you know the "shit" that comes out the other end of your crack can never be White in color, unless you would beg to differ.

No Salami for you.

MORPHEUS.
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ Morpheus24

Oh! How silly of me to forget these other whoopings for you Sleepy GOD! sad

Zep 1:14   The great day of YHWH is near; It is near and hastens quickly The noise of the day of YHWH is bitter; There the mighty men shall cry out.

Zep 1:15   That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of devastation and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Zep 1:16   A day of shofar and alarm against the fortified cities and against the high towers.

Zep 1:17   "I will bring distress upon men, and they shall walk like blind men, Because they have sinned against YHWH; their blood shall be poured out like dust, And their flesh like refuse."

Zep 1:18   Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them In the day of YHWH's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of His jealousy, for He will make speedy riddance of all those who dwell in the land.

Zep 2:3   Seek YHWH, all you meek of the earth, who has upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of YHWH's anger

Amo 5:26 You also carried Sikkuth* your king And Chiun, your idols, The star of your gods, Which you made for yourselves. 

Nah 1:14 YHWH has given a command concerning you: "Your name shall be perpetuated no longer. Out of the house of your gods I will cut off the carved image and the molded image. I will dig your grave, For you are vile."[/color] 

[color=#990000]Zep 2:11 YHWH will be awesome to them, For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; People shall worship Him, Each one from his place, Indeed all the shores of the nations.

I Shall continue to keep the sleepy God awake

cheesy
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by morpheus24: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Morpheus24

Oh! How silly of me to forget these other whoopings for you Sleepy GOD! sad

Zep 1:14   The great day of YHWH is near; It is near and hastens quickly The noise of the day of YHWH is bitter; There the mighty men shall cry out.

Zep 1:15   That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of devastation and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Zep 1:16   A day of shofar and alarm against the fortified cities and against the high towers.

Zep 1:17   "I will bring distress upon men, and they shall walk like blind men, Because they have sinned against YHWH; their blood shall be poured out like dust, And their flesh like refuse."

Zep 1:18   Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them In the day of YHWH's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of His jealousy, for He will make speedy riddance of all those who dwell in the land.

Zep 2:3   Seek YHWH, all you meek of the earth, who has upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of YHWH's anger

Amo 5:26 You also carried Sikkuth* your king And Chiun, your idols, The star of your gods, Which you made for yourselves. 

Nah 1:14 YHWH has given a command concerning you: "Your name shall be perpetuated no longer. Out of the house of your gods I will cut off the carved image and the molded image. I will dig your grave, For you are vile."[/color] 

[color=#990000]Zep 2:11 YHWH will be awesome to them, For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; People shall worship Him, Each one from his place, Indeed all the shores of the nations.

I Shall continue to keep the sleepy God awake

cheesy

At least you admit I am a "GOD" with a capital "G"

As for whopping. All you have done is post a bunch of misrepresented scripture to me based on your ideology. I don't think you are fooling anyone else on this forum either as they simply seek to ignore you probably out of lack of knowledge of what you are talking about or being intellectually superior to your oppressed brain.

You come on this forum posting jargons about subject matters that have been debated on this forum seeking to stare up mischief. You picked the wrong people and the wrong forum to come to.

Morpheus says "An opressed mind will eventually loose its bearing and slip into a state of constant bipolarism and worse still schizophrenia.

Morpheus says " You are living in a dreamworld. Wake up!!"

THE BLACK ISRAELITES ARE NOT OF AFRICA DESCENT?

Many of you may wonder how the slaves could have been the nation of Israel when they were captured in Africa? First, let me say that the land of Israel is located at the Northeast corner of Africa on the border of Egypt which is in Africa.

When the Europeans, under the leadership of the Italians or Romans, invaded the land of Israel in 70 A.D., historians say that millions of the Black Israelites fled into Black Africa, especially Egypt, to keep from being captured by the White man.

Even before the Roman invasion, the Prophet Isaiah spoke about how many Israelites were leaving the land of Israel and settling in the African nation of Egypt. Years later, so many Israelites had settled in Africa, until they had formed well established cities there.

Read Isaiah 30:1-3, 31:1-3, and Jeremiah 44:1-30.

By the time the Europeans, under the leadership of the Italians or Romans, invaded Israel, historians say that over half of all Israelites were already living in Africa, mainly in Egypt.

Most of our people, who did not flee, into Africa, when the White man came, and stayed to defend our land, the land of Israel, after loosing the war, were taken as slave to Europe, mainly to Rome, Italy.

Shortly after the invasion of the land of Israel, the Europeans also invaded North Africa (mainly Egypt), and as a result, the Israelites were driven further south into the African mainly to Ethiopia. The Ethiopians started a race war there and drove our people into Northwest Africa.

About 1400 years after the 70 A.D. European invasion of the land of Israel (approximately 1500 A.D.), the Black Africans began capturing the Black Israelites they considered to be illegal aliens in their land and sold them mainly to the Arabs, who, acting as slave wholesalers, sold the Israelite slaves to the Europeans. The Europeans then took our people into slavery, from Africa, to the Americas and the West Indies.

The great secret about the slave trade is that it was not based on Africans capturing other Africans and selling them into slavery. But, rather, it was all African nations that were capturing another Black race who had come down into Africa but was not from Africa.

Both history and the bible prove that the, non-African, Black nation that was captured by the Africans was the original and true nation of Israel - the Israelites.

DNA DOES NOT LIE!!!!
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by ifyalways(f): 8:53pm On Jul 09, 2008
Intresting cheesy
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Morpheous24

Who again did you say you were? Look!!  there is home sweet home for you grin
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2008
@Morpheus24

Men! you're stiffnecked, you must be on the verge of insanity,
your posts aren't making sense

What are you saying?, be very clear okay!

Are you of the black nation that was captured by native Africans?
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by morpheus24: 3:39am On Jul 10, 2008
Still taking you round for a loop.

Its very unfortunate you do no know what am doing. Then again how intelligent can you be. I'll give you sometime to marinate on it. When you get it then start asking the right questions.

MORPHEUS SAYS "I am the one"

Morpheus says "TROLL ALERT"
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 4:34am On Jul 10, 2008
@Morpheus24

I told you already your posts are simply trash,because you seem to be the one who doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Silly little insecure man child, If you're Morpheus then I'm Neo grin,

that's why you'll always  get to play second fiddle whenever this son of YHWH is in the building!

you think reviewing my past posts from last  year is being slick?, that's why you're a dullard, you're really not very bright sad

What an intellectually dishonest  midgit  sad , I'm just watching you slowly self destruct

Troll Alert? shocked, Is that the best you can do?,because thats really gay! I'm starting to think you wear p-anties instead of boxers. At least try to be a little more authentic, because your

come backs are as weak as your loopy mind.

Yer 4:22 "For My people are foolish, They have not known ME. They are silly children, And they have no understanding. They are wise to do evil, But to do

righteousness they have no knowledge."

Hsa 4:6   My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.Because you have rejected knowledge,I also will reject you from being priest for Me;

Because you have forgotten the law of your Father, I also will forget your children.

No Salaam for you
smiley
Yisraylite
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by Yisraylite(m): 5:56am On Jul 10, 2008
Cardinal Newman admits in his book that; the "temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, Holidays, and seasons of devotion, processions, blessings of the fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests, munks and nuns), images, and statues,  are all of PAGAN ORIGIN."

-The Development of the Christian Religion Cardinal Newman p.359

"The [Catholic] Church took the pagan philosophy and made it the buckler of faith against the heathen. She took the pagan Roman Pantheon, temple of all the gods, and made

it sacred to all the martyrs; so it stands to this day. She took the pagan Sunday and made it the Christian Sunday. She took the pagan Easter and made it the feast we

celebrate during this season . . . The Sun was a foremost god with heathendom . . . The sun has worshipers at this hour in Persia and other lands . . . Hence the Church would

seem to say, 'Keep that old pagan name [Sunday]. It shall remain consecrated, sanctified.' And thus the pagan Sunday, dedicated to Balder, became the Christian Sunday,

sacred to Jesus"

--William L. Gildea, "Paschale Gaudium," in The Catholic World, 58, March, 1894, p. 809 [A Roman Catholic weekly].

"The mighty Catholic Church was little more then the Roman Empire baptized."-- A. C, Flick, The Rise of the Mediaeval Church, 1909 edition, p. 148. From ancient Babylon came

the cult of the virgin mother-goddess, who was worshiped as the highest of gods--see S. H. Langdon, Semitic Mythology, 1931 edition. This worship was taken over as Mary-

worship by Rome. Heathen sun-worship on Sunday was likewise adopted by the Roman apostasy.

"In order to attach to Christianity great attraction in the eyes of the nobility, the priests adopted the outer garments and adornments which were used in pagan cults." [b]-Life

of Constantine, Eusabius, cited in Altai-Nimalaya, p. 94

"The Church did everything it couldto stamp out such 'pagan' rites, but had to capitualet and allow the rites to continue with only the name of the local diety changed to some

Christian saint's name." -Religious Tradition and Myth. Dr. Edwin Goodenough, Professor of Religion, Harvard University. p. 56, 57

"From the foregoing, which treats merely of the more important solar festivals, it is clear that these products of paganism are as much in force at present ,   as they ever were,

and that Christianity countenances, and in many cases has actually adopted and practiced, pagan rites whose heathen significance is merely lost sight of because attention is

not called tot the source whence these rites have sprung. So heavy was this infiltration that Sir Samuel Dill exclaims: "Christianity is only a sect of the Mithraists." -Roman

Society from Nero to Marcus Aurelius, p. VII
[/b]
Re: Roman Catholic And Protestant Confessions About Sunday by morpheus24: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
Morpheus says "SCHIZO ALERT"

Morpheus says" Religious fundamentalists are sick. Please get them some help before they kill us all"

ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS?

(1) (Reply)

Why We Hate Going To Church –p-square / 10 Muharram 2015 Status, Quotes, Lines Thoughts In Urdu / Islam Delutions And Crazy Opressions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.