Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? (12679 Views)

Is MouthAction Okay In Christian Marriage? / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Any Difference Btw The Roman Catholic Church And The Today Protestant Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Most times the catholic church has been left to become the only vocal voice condemning abortion.Just recemntly Governor Rochas asssented a bill making some categories of abortion legal.I was taken aback by comments some christians who applauded the decision.In view of my understanding of the scriptures,abortion is murder and should not be encouraged.

I just want to know if abortion is alowed on the doctrine of most protestant churches or islam or is it just that these nairalanders just took the position just to spite the catholic church.

https://www.nairaland.com/1414763/okorocha-catholic-doctors-war-over

3 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Enegod(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Pygru: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: I justv wanted to know if abortion is alowed on the doctrine of most protestant churches or is it just that these nairalanders just took the position just to spite the catholic church.
I don't support abortion.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pygru:
I don't support abortion.

is it your church doctrine or personalview?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
I think most non-Catholic "churches" just like to avoid the topic because they are not strong-willed enough to stand for truth.

If they preached against vices like abortion and internet fraud regularly, most pentecostal "churches" would be empty in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo: I think most non-Catholic "churches" just like to avoid the topic because they are not strong-willed enough to stand for truth.

If they preached against vices like abortion and internet fraud regularly, most pentecostal "churches" would be empty in Nigeria.

this people really amaze me.You need to see the ferocity with which they defended this evil
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
The devil must be rejoicing that people who disguise as christians are actively encouraging the massacre of our most innocent and defenseless brothers and sisters: babies in their mothers wombs.

chukwudi44:

this people really amaze me.You need to see the ferocity with which they defended this evil
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo: The devil must be rejoicing that people who disguise as christians are actively encouraging the massacre of our most innocent and defenseless brothers and sisters: babies in their mothers wombs.

yeah.If only we come together to stop this evil.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

yeah.If only we come together to stop this evil.
How is abortion evil?
The catholic church has till this day refused even accent to the use of proper contraceptives. I have no problem when you guys have an opinion on religious issues, but when common sense says otherwise then there has to be a problem.
Baby factories have been popping up left right and center, this menace has to be curbed and at the root of the matter is giving these young women the chance to terminate it before it becomes a bigger crime.
At least Imo state can become the capital in Nigeria where people travel to have a proper medical termination of their pregnancies.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
^^^

The same way it would be evil for me to cut you to pieces.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo: ^^^

The same way it would be evil for me to cut you to pieces.

I am pretty sure you can do better than that, the debate on abortion since forever has and will always be where the line is drawn on who is a human being.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
How is abortion evil?
The catholic church has till this day refused even accent to the use of proper contraceptives.
I have no problem when you guys have an opinion on religious issues, but when common sense says otherwise then there has to be a problem.

So common sense is to kill an innocent human being?

The devil sure knows how to make evil look like good.

Chrisbenogor:

Baby factories have been popping up left right and center, this menace has to be curbed and at the root of the matter is giving these young women the chance to terminate it before it becomes a bigger crime.
At least Imo state can become the capital in Nigeria where people travel to have a proper medical termination of their pregnancies.

Pregnancy is terminated by birth.

Human life is terminated by abortion.

3 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
How is abortion evil?
The catholic church has till this day refused even accent to the use of proper contraceptives. I have no problem when you guys have an opinion on religious issues, but when common sense says otherwise then there has to be a problem.

Mind stating clearly that the above is your personal opinion which is not backed by sacred scriptures?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo:

So common sense is to kill an innocent human being?

The devil sure knows how to make evil look like good.

Pregnancy is terminated by birth.

Human life is terminated by abortion.

Bros,
This is very simple common sense, aside from the fact that none of the crowd calling it murder bother to check if these babies have been thrown into canals or abandoned in motherless babies homes or even sold.

Lemme ask you then if a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?
Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was raped by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?

3 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Pygru: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

is it your church doctrine or personalview?
both.
Deeper life also preach against abortion. I was opportune to attend their Bible study on monday.
Choosen,Mfm, ..... Maybe.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
striktlymi:

Mind stating clearly that the above is your personal opinion which is not backed by sacred scriptures?
Sadly, I am not a zombie. You can read the story of a man about to slit the throat of his child for God and think its sacrifice, then come here and ask people to carry babies from rape.
Is it everything you read in the bible you practice?
Lemme indulge you self, where exactly does the bible say terminating a pregnancy is wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
So you agree that human beings should not be killed. So please tell me why human beings should not be killed but lower animals can.

What makes us special?

Chrisbenogor:
I am pretty sure you can do better than that, the debate on abortion since forever has and will always be where the line is drawn on who is a human being.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Sadly, I am not a zombie.

If by the above you mean you are not a christian then my work here is done. The thread is meant to sample the views of other Christians who aren't Catholics.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo: So you agree that human beings should not be killed. So please tell me why human beings should not be killed but lower animals can.

What makes us special?

The question my brother is the definition of Human being. Thats why I talked about where to draw the line.

PS,
This would flow a lot better if you answered my questions as well
I repeat
If a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?
Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was Molested by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Bros,
This is very simple common sense, aside from the fact that none of the crowd calling it murder bother to check if these babies have been thrown into canals or abandoned in motherless babies homes or even sold.

A sin is a sin is a sin. If it is wrong to kill a one minute old baby by throwing him in a canal, it is also wrong to kill a baby one minute before birth.

YES or NO?

Giving up a child for adoption is a good option.

[quote author=Chrisbenogor]

Lemme ask you then if a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?

For example...

My response would depend on the case.

But before then, ponder on this: If sustaining your terminally sick child would be such a strain on your resources and would make you starve to death, would you kill your child?

Chrisbenogor:

Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was raped by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?

In as much as it is a very difficult and traumatic situation, it is still wrong to kill the innocent human being. The right thing to do is to spare the life of that innocent child of God.

Again, ponder this: if a man discovers that the boy he has grown to know and love as his son is actually the product of his wife's affair with his driver, should the man keep the child that will traumatize him in his home or should he kill the boy?

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
striktlymi:

If by the above you mean you are not a christian then my work here is done. The thread is meant to sample the views of other Christians who aren't Catholics.
First off you would not find me discussing in a trinity thread for instance. Thats in the full purview of religion, this topic however cuts across the fact that the catholic church has stood by certain practices which affect the lives of people I think it can be discussed. If you feel however that you cannot, no problems shift.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Bros make una leave dat dude.Chrisbenogor is an atheist.They lack morals so don't even bother arguing with him.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Pygru: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Anyhow you look am, Abortion na murder.
And you will also be thwarting God's plan.
Genesis Chapter 25
20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.
21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she [was] barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If [it be] so, why [am] I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations [are] in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and [the one] people shall be stronger than [the other] people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

^You seeeee. She never born and bible don already call am children!!
Luke 1:44
King James Bible
For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

4 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
First off you would not find me discussing in a trinity thread for instance. Thats in the full purview of religion, this topic however cuts across the fact that the catholic church has stood by certain practices which affect the lives of people I think it can be discussed. If you feel however that you cannot, no problems shift.

I am done discussing it with Atheists. See https://www.nairaland.com/1329378/right-choose#16324667

This is the turn of my Christian brethren who aren't Catholics.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pygru:
both.
Deeper life also preach against abortion. I was opportune to attend their Bible study on monday.
Choosen,Mfm, ..... Maybe.

How come there are not very vocal when it comes to matters of abortion?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pygru: Anyhow you look am, Abortion na murder.
Genesis Chapter 25
20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.
21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she [was] barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If [it be] so, why [am] I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations [are] in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and [the one] people shall be stronger than [the other] people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

King James Bible
For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Well said bros.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
For example...

My response would depend on the case.
Can you kindly give what your response would be? Because like you said somewhere if at all you say you can terminate the pregnancy because it threatens the womans life then its murder still, if you leave it and the woman dies, still its murder. Whose life is better ?

But before then, ponder on this: If sustaining your terminally sick child would be such a strain on your resources and would make you starve to death, would you kill your child?
Make me starve to death, lol ok your analogy is kinda flat but lemme humor you, I would try till my resources are exhausted and then anything that happens after that well that would be sad.

In as much as it is a very difficult and traumatic situation, it is still wrong to kill the innocent human being. The right thing to do is to spare the life of that innocent child of God.
I understand the need to sound politically correct, I know you believe in God and you worship God and I know you believe God sees your inner most thoughts so there is no need for you to save face here. You would ask a girl 13 years old, who was raped viscously by 6 armed robbers to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?
Lets start with the girl, how would it affect her psychologically. In Nigeria at least what most people do is move her away to a place where she would have less glare from the society still it would be nine months of horror. Even when the child is born I am very sure most of us have pissed our parents to the edge while growing up, you expect this not to be a source of constant emotional and psychological pain to her?
Lets move to the child, when he asks who is father is what fable would you give to him? He would eventually find out that he is son of "armed robbers" and trust little kids who ever get a hint to tease the hell out of the child, yet more psychological trauma........would you even allow your brother marry a woman who already had a child before?
Sighs.......the need to be politically correct.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Shekson(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
I am totally I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ support of abortion I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ early weeks of pregnancy. A foetus isn't an human being.
And for God's sake we have had incidences of women giving birth and dropping babies at hospitals and religious institutions cos they couldn't take care of dem.
I saw a family of four kids with their mum after their dad ran away. These kids can't afford to buy ordinary bathing soap. They sleep I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a shop. If their poverty strucken mum had aborted at least two, then the oda two can have the little luxury of living on the available manageable resources. The burden becomes shifted on govt. Public schools are being flooded. Hau much can the govt afford on free quality education on exploding population of these kids?
Government daily preaches family planning. Religious institutions are meant to be preaching this but they don't.
I believe so much in legalizing abortion!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Syncan(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ Chukwudi, I would've preferred you adjust the topic a little to read "Non-Catholic Churches" Instead, for the purpose of this thread, for this is a serious issue.

Pygru: Anyhow you look am, Abortion na murder.
Genesis Chapter 25

King James Bible

@ Pygru, you have simply brought it out to the limelight, now lets see who has a contrary view, which he/she thinks is inspired of God.For this is a thread meant for those who say they follow Christ.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
No true religion or person supports abortion IMO
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dugochi: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
The question my brother is the definition of Human being. Thats why I talked about where to draw the line.

PS,
This would flow a lot better if you answered my questions as well
I repeat
If a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?
Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was Molested by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?
give the baby up for adoption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Pastor Kumuyi Preached This Morning That Surprised Many. / Assassination Attempt On Tb Joshua: Devil Is A Liar / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.