Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Do You Think A Job, Is A Short Term Solution To A Long Term Problem? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Think A Job, Is A Short Term Solution To A Long Term Problem? (1702 Views)

After A Long Day Of Job Hunting / Why Entrepreneurship Is Not The Solution To Unemployment In Nigeria / ECOWAS's Job Is On And Hot!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think A Job, Is A Short Term Solution To A Long Term Problem? by layejosep: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2008
Dear forumites, I have been thinking a way out, what do you think? is getting a paid job not a short term solution to a long term problem? Look at the NLNG guys, the intercontinental and oceanic guys, infact look at the guys in big multinationals, yes good cash,good life,women and all we think. I have some as friends, they complain badly. Hear what they say, i am getting tired of this work, i need to make more money and GET OUT of this Goddamn place.
Well, my case is different, am neither any of these my friends;i know what it is to be unemployed and underemployed,i have been unemployed twice and underemployed once. But i discovered these my friends have great respect for me,though i am not a quarter financially capable as they are.I know exactly money is part of a successful living. I am compelled to ask? DO YOU THINK A JOB IS A SHORT TERM SOLUTION TO A LONG TERM PROBLEM?
Please let me hear your opinions.
Re: Do You Think A Job, Is A Short Term Solution To A Long Term Problem? by babyx(f): 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Poster
In my express opinion(am currently employed but not satisfied, inshort i only discovered the career line i should pursue but making the switch has been somewhat of a challenge but i will soonest move on inspite of this seemingly challenge) a job could be a short term solution(earn a living) to a long time problem(beat poverty) depending on the focus of the individual, where does he or she wants to be and how they intend to get there. Of course we all want to be rich(some want to be wealthy) but there are different routes designed for us.
Some people are comfortable with the "security" of a 30day pay JOB while some are not, why, because we are driven by different purposes and dreams. So the individuals need to discover themselves, who they are, what they want out of their walk on this earth, and how they wnat to go about achieving it.

For fresh graduates, some never know what they should be pursuing until they land their first jobs, then it hits that this aint no classroom inshort nobody ever lectured about the corporate world and how they operate. The initial hype is get a good job(there is no such thing i have discovered myself, after i read from "Robert Kiyosaki"wink and get be paid lump sums. But the truth is any JOB you get should be a LAUNCH PAD to greater heights. Your employer is affording a room to grow(it doesnt look like that when you under pressure at work) the only way to see your JOB as a short term solution to a long term problem.!!! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Rivoc Company Job Offer / Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees At Brayden Consulting / Cadbury Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.