Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,390 members, 7,954,568 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil (8401 Views)

8-Year-Old Pupil Arrested In Ogun For Reporting His Teacher / BREAKING: School Building Collapses In Jos, Several Pupils Feared Dead. / Photos: Indian Parents Climb School Wall To Help Their Kids Cheat On An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by karlmax2: 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
date: October 24, 2013
The wall of a primary school, Ketu Adiye Owe Primary School, Ado Odo/Ota local government area of Ogun state, South West Nigeria has collapsed, killing a pupil with four others sustaining injuries.

The affected classroom, located in an erosion-prone area within the school compound reportedly caved in, while the children were observing their break time.

The injured pupils were said to have been treated in a private hospital before the Local Government Council Chairman, Comrade Rotimi Rahmon, rushed to the school premises shortly after the incident, and directed that they should be taken to the General Hospital.

The local government chairman, who expressed regrets over the unfortunate incident, also directed that the standing wall of the affected classroom be brought down immediately.

He also directed all school headmasters in the LGA to ensure that any structure or object that can endanger pupils are removed from school premises.

He appealed to all residents of the local government to maintain peace as the government would continue to act in the best interest of the people.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/24/primary-school-wall-collapses-kills-pupil-in-ota/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by fromuk(m): 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by vallycan: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
God pun.ished d government for not intervening in issues like this even wen I believe sincerely dat d wre informed... d rate of corruption an embezzlement an other vices as reduced d educational sector forgetting dat d are d king major route to any spheres of success u attained.... dis is barbaric... r.I.p..to d death...
seriously d govt are not trying if not dat dis ASUU strike is affecting us d students d most, I wud about. support dem in collecting more money frm d damn fooollllz.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by abagoro(m): 11:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wicked leaders we've had. Things like these motivate me to join active politics but sometimes critics don't make good leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
vallycan: God pun.ished d government for not intervening in issues like this even wen I believe sincerely dat d wre informed... d rate of corruption an embezzlement an other vices as reduced d educational sector forgetting dat d are d king major route to any spheres of success u attained.... dis is barbaric... r.I.p..to d death...
seriously d govt are not trying if not dat dis ASUU strike is affecting us d students d most, I wud about. support dem in collecting more money frm d damn fooollllz.
are we suppose to blame the government or the school management?

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by gbanikiti(m): 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
The school authorities had to wait for the wall to kill someone before it dawned on them that the school wall is old? So stoopid of them. angry
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
This kind of event is coming to a school near you soon!!

School authorities, government, banks, everything is incompetent!!! poor, bad, disgusting!!!!! Nigeria, please die now or change!

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by 7WillyWilly: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
0lumide: This kind of event is coming to a school near you soon!!

School authorities, government, banks, everything is incompetent!!! poor, bad, disgusting!!!!! Nigeria, please die now or change!
Olumide Olumide Olumide, how many times i called you, 3x. The only solution is Ooduduwa Republic

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by solomon111(m): 12:04am On Oct 25, 2013
Poor and incompetent state govt.
What are they doing with their federal allocation?

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 25, 2013
7WillyWilly:
Olumide Olumide Olumide, how many times i called you, 3x. The only solution is Ooduduwa Republic

Leave me alone willy willy, no be me kill you...

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:15am On Oct 25, 2013
0lumide: This kind of event is coming to a school near you soon!!

Nigerian government are incompetent both those from North and South. East and West. We suppose to hold our leaders accountable for things they fail to do. How can we do that when youths like u and other tribal bigots from both yoruba and igbo will be busy insulting other tribes leaders and piple forgetting that their leaders and piple are not saint either. The youths in Arab world rose up against their bad leaders but in nigeria we will be busy defending criminals as long as he or she is from our tribe, with that mentality I dont expect any change for better rather corruption and incompetence will get worst.

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 25, 2013
Ucheosefoh: Nigerian government are incompetent both those from North and South. East and West. We suppose to hold our leaders accountable for things they fail to do. How can we do that when youths like u and other tribal bigots from both yoruba and igbo will be busy insulting other tribes leaders and piple forgetting that their leaders and piple are not saint either. The youths in Arab world rose up against their bad leaders but in nigeria we will be busy defending criminals as long as he or she is from our tribe, with that mentality I dont expect any change for better rather corruption and incompetence will get worst.

Sun go shine when thunder go fire you!!!!

name where I joined in tribal bashing idiot!! i HATE YOU NOW, YOU ARE IGNORED BY E BY E!!!

EMPTY HEADED JUGUNU!!
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Tuntheycr7: 12:31am On Oct 25, 2013
Eyah
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:09am On Oct 25, 2013
0lumide:

Sun go shine when thunder go fire you!!!!

name where I joined in tribal bashing idiot!! i HATE YOU NOW, YOU ARE IGNORED BY E BY E!!!

EMPTY HEADED JUGUNU!!
Dont curse me but u can keep hating u know its a ticket to early grave.
Time to start bringing it out for
you foools!!!! STELLAH BETRAYED
NIGERIANS AND IGBOS ARE HELL
BENT ON DEFENDING HER? OMG!!!!
HOW MUCH IS SHE PAYING YOU?
AREN'T THERE IGBOS WHO DIED IN AIR CRASHES? WHAT IS WRONG
WITH YOU PEOPLE?
OOOOO BREAK UP NIGERIA OOO
BREAK UP NIGERIA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE DON'T WANT A UNION WITH
THE IGBOS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN NDUME WAS TAGGED A
BOKO HARAM SPONSOR, NO HAUSA
MAN CAME OUT TO DEFEND HIM
OOO..
WHEN FAROUK WAS CAUGHT, NO
NORTHERNER CAME OUT TO DEFEND HIM OOOO
WHEN ABACHA'S WEALTH WAS
BEING SEIZED ALL OVER, NO HAUSA
MAN SAID NO OO
WHEN BODE GEORGE AND TAFA
BALOGUN WERE JAILED, YORUBAS DIDN'T CRY OUT OOO
MANY MANY OOOOO WHAT IS
WRONG WITH IGBOS? YOU CAN
CALL ME A TRIBALIST ALL YOU
WANT BUT ANSWER MY
QUESTION!! WHY MUST THE IGBOS DEFEND STELLA ODUAH? SHE HAS
BETRAYED NIGERIANS IGBOS
INCLUDED OOO NOT JUST YORUBAS
OOO...
THE PENSION CRIMNINAL,
NORTHERNERS DIDN'T SHOUT OO.. BAMAGA TUKURS SON IN SUBSIDY
FRAUD, NORTHERNERS DIDNT
SHOUT O.
WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE LIKE THIS?
TINUBU WENT TO COURT, YOU
DIDN'T HEAR YORUBAS TRYING TO STOP THAT OR USE PROPAGANDA
TO DEFEND HIM. HE CAME OUT
CLEAN!

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by sheniqua: 3:04am On Oct 25, 2013
The affected classroom, located in an erosion-prone area within the school compound reportedly caved in, while the children were observing their break time.

I thought they said erosions don't happen in the south west

13 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by LMAyedun(m): 3:20am On Oct 25, 2013
7WillyWilly:
What is this one saying?
Ooduduwa Republic Ko, dudu Republic ni.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Ismahill(m): 6:47am On Oct 25, 2013
After bad tin dn hpn 4 kaba.na im u go see local government chairman cum dy tlk rubbish.YEYE PEOPLE.GO GV DM 100,000 As usual.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by gratieao: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:

You de mind them. Southwest are in Bondage, following their leaders like mumu

8 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by ifyalways(f): 7:20am On Oct 25, 2013
I know the Nld resident,disgusting phoools would forget it was someone's child that just died,a mother just lost a child and yet mooorons who are lucky to be on the internet have turned this to politics.

May same fate befall y'all ! Disgusting pigs

6 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by ifyalways(f): 7:24am On Oct 25, 2013
May God comfort the parents and family of the dead child. Its so sad and I feel their pains. And for those still in the hospital,I speak healing and speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2013
Jesus, that's how an innocent child has died just like that?! My condolences goes out to the parents. the greed and incompetence of the government was to blame. At least the LG leadership showed some empathy. RIP dear child.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Lilimax(f): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2013
omg cry
What a sad loss to their parents!sad
God will comfort them.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Sllowppoisoon: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2013
SaD
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by bllaster1: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
Oya SW prove that you do not tolerate corruption in your region. Rally around for the sack of the gov.
Remember innocent children were involved.
We are waiting.
Dont tell me the gov. Is not the principal, because stella no be pilot too.

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by rozayx5(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
if this happened in Akwa Ibom or SE , this thread would have reached 5 pages by now, over uncommon transformation shouts, tribalistic comments, i rest my case

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by anonimi: 9:35am On Oct 25, 2013
I hope the parents do the right thing- SUE the state and LGA authorities for gross negligence.
It is time we make those responsible actually RESPONSIBLE. It is not just about some local official showing belated sympathy that does not serve as a deterrent to OUR public SERVANTS sleeping on duty while receiving huge allocation monthly.

Meanwhile in other news the CLUELESS governor of the state is STARTING the demolition of houses SUPPOSEDLY for planned road construction while NOT adequately focusing on the education of all residents of the state.
Maybe he plans to import Chinese technicians & people to maintain the roads IF/when finally completed.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Akshow: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:

still bashing despite the death of a child. Only God can save u and ur fixated hate for d sw. We all knw d erosion prone area in dis country, so bask in ur senseless stewpidity ewu Burundi

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:40am On Oct 25, 2013
Death everywhere in this country.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by Akshow: 9:41am On Oct 25, 2013
bllaster1: Oya SW prove that you do not tolerate corruption in your region. Rally around for the sack of the gov.
Remember innocent children were involved.
We are waiting.
Dont tell me the gov. Is not the principal, because stella no be pilot too.
see senseless analogy. May God enlighten ur frozen brain.
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by bllaster1: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2013
Akshow: see senseless analogy. May God enlighten ur frozen brain.
So becos it is not in ur favour dats why it is senseless.
You must do this home work else i punish u child

1 Like

Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by dridowu: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Primary School Wall Collapses In Ota, Kills Pupil by misslaw(f): 9:55am On Oct 25, 2013
hmmmmmm,my condolences too deir parents

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Secondary School Students Kissing (Another Photo) / Students Owe UNIOSUN N2billion School Fees -VC / Two Students In Court For Stealing Recharge Cards From Cripple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.