Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

New Website For The Critics - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New Website For The Critics (1200 Views)

How I Got My Adsense With Just 24 Posts On A New Website Of Just 2 Weeks Old! / Pls help review my new website / Tansian University Launches A New Website Http://www.tansianuniversity.edu.ng/ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Website For The Critics by phantomcat(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2006
Guys check this one out www.eagle8consulting.com tell me what u think.
Re: New Website For The Critics by kazey(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2006
Animation not necessary. Menus just don't do it . The layout doesnt look good. You might want to re-design it, But I can't blame you much, since this could be your first try on web design. wink
Re: New Website For The Critics by layi(m): 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2006
The design is really really bad. Obviously ur first site.

Use animations only when needed not too much else you'll turn ur site into a "tomandjerry.com".
Get a better architecture for the site. Make it easy to navigate and keep it simple. Webmaters now focus on functionality and no longer aesthetics.
Re: New Website For The Critics by my2cents(m): 4:56am On Jun 11, 2006
After recovering from a bout of dizziness, I said to myself, "this is the very first time that I will admit that I am not as dumb as I thought" smiley

No offense man, but what in the world were you trying to accomplish with the "Ali baba and the night of 1001 tales" menus? Are you designing that site for yourself (in which case, it looks good and your knowledge of flash is stellar cool) or for pple who may actually find the menu thing in particular very, very annoying?

I rest my case.
Re: New Website For The Critics by phantomcat(m): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2006
Thanks guys it really was my first wink. and the client really liked the animation. I think the site is too slow in loading suprised nobody mentioned that cool, and I think that i should change some of the pics on it. some are just too big for it lipsrsealed.
Re: New Website For The Critics by kazey(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2006
phantomcat:

Thanks guys it really was my first wink. and the client really liked the animation. I think the site is too slow in loading suprised nobody mentioned that cool, and I think that i should change some of the pics on it. some are just too big for it lipsrsealed.

Quite interesting grin
Re: New Website For The Critics by layi(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2006
, and the client really liked the animation.

To the blind, a 1-eyed-man can see.
Re: New Website For The Critics by Farriel(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2006
I think it's imperative that you take the time to learn the basics of web design, phantom.
Re: New Website For The Critics by phantomcat(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2006
Apart fdrom the landing page what else is wrong? just want specifics so i will know what to correct.
Re: New Website For The Critics by Garuba(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2006
Here are a few things I think need to be worked on:

1. the menu bar needs to be changed, those rounded edges are not professional especially for the type of company
2. Use more of a white background for the main pages. It makes it easier to read
3. Use pictures with a better resolution so they dont look jagged when stretched. The pictures in the header are greatly suffering from severe antialiasing issues
4. Reduce the size of those logo bullets. It seems that they are the focus of attention instead of the text beside them
5. Keep fonts and font sizes consistent
6. I think the different seminars/programs that this company has should be grouped under one page. This will allow for a smoother tree structure
7. The Flash logo should only be on the first page. It shouldn't have to reload on every new page
8. Keep the entire website consistent interms of viewing resolution. If you look at some business websites, they are usually centered so that they look the same on any size screen.
9. Design a more consistent logo because the one on the splash page, im sorry to say, doesn't quite cut it.

I hope these help. Sorry if they sound harsh and direct
Re: New Website For The Critics by phantomcat(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2006
Thanks Garuba i dont think its harsh. According to tradition it is those that listen that grow. thanks i will check the points highlighted.
Re: New Website For The Critics by netzymes(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2006
Congratulation on getting your first job. I think it is a matter of approach.

You have to be able to advise your client on many different levels on issues to do with his website. A lot more work needs to be done on structuring content before a line of code is written. For examples at first glance I will not know what 'LDI' 'LDO' etc are. You could group these into seminars or 'programmes'.

The client has to remember or be reminded about the audience for the site.

Websites are a bit 'horses for courses' and I think you have got it wrong here. Your topic is about development and professionalism - so you have to define the audience. They will be very different from the MTV audience. They are busy professional that what information quickly! You need to deliver that information.

-> Some helpful books - 'Don't Make Me Think' and anything to do with Information Architecture. - check Amazon.com

Hope this helps. Good luck with future projects.

--
Tim (eMarket)

http://www.darwin.com.ng
http://www.ip4properties.com
http://www.ip4hotels.com
http://www.purefoto.com
Re: New Website For The Critics by phantomcat(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2006
One thing i like about niaraland is the amout of resource available. This is a big thanks to you netzymes i am reviewing all replyes to this post. i will tell u when to check for changes.

(1) (Reply)

A New Forum For Nigerians / Nigeria Programmers Forum, Register and Start Posting / How 5-day Old Balewite.com Has Come Under Attack By Nigerian Hackers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.