Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians (22868 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Ministers Laughing At Nigerians During The Federal Executive Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
benbazus: [color=#000000][/color]

If you are a Nigerian, which i doubt you are then you are a criminal. Simple logic.
How can somebody classify a nation as criminals because a couple of people committed criminal acts.?
My message is clear.

Of course not every Nigerian is a criminal
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by frankson1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbanikiti: Ok! Let's keep waiting for the apology. I hope he does that in good time or else we will stage a protest to US embassy. tongue

Make I carry ♍Ɣ‎​ KEKE go repair nd get ready for the protest. cheesy
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Asabeq(f): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
She's just a wanna be "bitter truth teller"

benbazus: [color=#000000][/color]

If you are a Nigerian, which i doubt you are then you are a criminal. Simple logic.
How can somebody classify a nation as criminals because a couple of people committed criminal acts.?
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by skiesoduah: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
I know Ted Cruz very well. He is cocky basttard who think he's smarter than a 5th grader.

If anyone of you is waiting on him for a direct, proper or open apology haha good luck waiting.

That was just a lame attempt of stupid not so funny joke from him. He should leave that to Leno. Earlier this year on Leno, she said I quote "American economy is so bad that Nigerian scammers don't send us emails anymore" ok we get that kinda joke especially coming from a real comedian.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Asabeq(f): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bros why keke pls get a power bike and I'll be right behind holding your waist grin

frankson1:

Make I carry ♍Ɣ‎​ KEKE go repair nd get ready for the protest. cheesy
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by 99100(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
What should i say?
Ok......
Aren't there 419ers in Naija and d world at large?
But 70% of 419ners are my neighbours alias ndi kpomo
Make una leave d senator alone ...[/color]
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by omofat: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2013

Pastor Felix Awotula with Redeemed Christian Church of God says he fielded calls at his church throughout the day.

Oniro oshi. Who and who were calling him?
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by deb(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Nonybb: It is normal. He just said the bitter truth and it hurts

Don't be stewpid there are actually more American scammers in the whole world but US will never talkl about it or make it obvious. We Nigerians are the stewpid ones to quickly wash our dirty linens in the public without shame.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by WarriPikin1: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
OSUN DEFENDERS AGAIN!
Believe them and you will believe anything!
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Polio: 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
deb:

Don't be stewpid there are actually more American scammers in the whole world but US will never talkl about it or make it obvious. We Nigerians are the stewpid ones to quickly wash our dirty linens in the public without shame.

Either way it doesnt change the bloody fact that a lot of Nigerians are scammers!

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
It is always amusing how offended we get when others do to us what we do to each other all the time. Everyday on nairaland people make generalisations about each other's tribe. You hear things like this tribe is lazy and that one is full of kidnappers, blah blah blah because of the actions of a few. So why do we expect outsiders to think any different of us? The Senator is guilty of what majority of us are, judging a group based on the actions of a few.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by soulglo: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
He is not sorry. He is just pandering to the Nigerian votes in Texas. Idiot
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
okeke2: DONT ACT AS IF MOST OF NIGERIANS ARE NOT SCAMMERS!! I WENT TO YABATECH TO SEE A FRIEND HE IS IN COMPUTER DEPARTMENT SEE AS HE'S MATES ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE ONLINE SO STOP PRETENDING
HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH THE BEST THING FOR PEOPLE GOING ABROAD IS TO DENY HAVING ANY CONNECTIONS TO NIGERIA( IF ONLY IT WERE DAT SIMPLE)
U R ALL JST FOOLISH HYPOCRITES DEY TELL U D TRUTH AND YOU DENY
R U GOOD CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS OR JST USING DAT AS A DISGUISE
EVEN GOD WILL BE LAUGHING AT US
Brother from another mother. smiley
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Polio: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
tatiana009: It is always amusing how offended we get when others do to us what we do to each other all the time. Everyday on nairaland people make generalisations about each other's tribe. You hear things like this tribe is lazy and that one is full of kidnappers, blah blah blah because of the actions of a few. So why do we expect outsiders to think any different of us? The Senator is guilty of what majority of us are, judging a group based on the actions of a few.

Peach!
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by whitecat007: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
Your father house is trash
nnocurruption: No need to apologize for saying the truth Nigeria is trash.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Tactless but true to be honest, sorry

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by whitecat007: 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
This man would have long apologized if it were another national with worst criminal past, but hey! Since Nigerians are not brother's keepers, an a..hole senator who may have corruption as his family name will keep calling us out.

This must not die, pressure should be on him to eat his words, so others can learn to respect Nigeria

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by 190: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
grin grin
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
TheBookWorm: Of course Nigerian-Americans will want an apology. We believe in the American system and simply wish to be treated fairly and not generalized. Unlike some Nigerians back in Nigeria, we do not tolerate ridicule of our community from our elected officials. This is what it means to live in a progressive country like the US. The weak are able to speak their mind freely, and the strong have to listen. I know this may be a new concept to some of you, but the collective Nigerian community in the US has spoken.

cool
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by kinky90(f): 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mr senator ur grandfathers used our old men 4 slavery, since we now know ur greedy nature is our time to pay u guys back. 19 meeeeeeeennnnnnnn carry go jare
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Hourglass4real: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
joshua idibia: Odawise we'l strip him naked and force him to dance round WALLS STREET,on eke market day.
grin
joshua idibia: Odawise we'l strip him naked and force him to dance round WALLS STREET,on eke market day.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by manny4life(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Polio:

Either way it doesnt change the bloody fact that a lot of Nigerians are scammers!

A lot ? I guess you're one of them na...Shioor
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by adconline(m): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
GustavoFring: Like I said before,

Where were these Holier-than-thou Nigerians when Olu Maintain was singing Yahoozee at Africa Rising in 2008?

Did they complain when Olu Maintain chose to glorify 419 scams at an event that had eminent world leaders in attendance?

Did they retort when Colin Powell was dancing to Yahoozee tunes?

These gaddem hypocrites wont let us hear word now....as if a lot of them in that Texas are not internet scammers anyway undecided

Shior!!

Use ur dictionary to look for these words:
Intention and Context.
Olu Maintain/Colin Power never intended to malign/insult hard working Nigerians, but Cruz was tactful in his message.. Nigerians are scammers and President Obama " comes" from that part of the world.. Black Africa. link POTUS and u get the picture!

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Where is the apology?

Why don't you sit up and take a look as to how things are done, how things work, when people are proactive. A senator was insultive and progressive Nigerians will not tolerate such. Nigerian outrage has reached CNN, the Huffington Post, MSNBC, etc. Local news, national news, and international news. The Nigerian Ambassador to the USA has made his own statement. A public apology must come for his public abuse.
Stop your rants. The Senator spoke the truth.

You are not more patriotic than me. Hypocrite
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2013

Do you know how many Americans commit frauds? Maddorf stole over 50 billion us dollars. George Bush lied that he was sure there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The softwares used for frauds, are they programmed by Nigerians.Do you know how many top hackers are Americans.

American bankers wrecked the World's economy. Do we go about calling Americans bad names. There are more scammers in America than Naija. We are just labeled bad because we are behind in technology.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
barcanista: Stop your rants. The Senator spoke the truth.

You are not more patriotic than me. Hypocrite

Those kind of misguided words coming from a senator is very wrong. It is not about patriotism but right and wrong.

By the way, China has over 300 million active users online. Do you think even one percent of them don't scam? That is 3 million scammers. Why aren't we screaming Chinese are scammers?

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by guiddoti: 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
donphilopus:

SOURCE
It is a pity that a 'white pig' will use such a word on a country of over 160 million. May be, there is no scammer in the US. The joke is very expensive that hardly will one be able to retrive it.

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by ddeola: 3:04am On Oct 26, 2013
A senator who doesn't think will never be a good senator. What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Myself2(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2013

Mumu,which one is the bitter truth here,that Nigerian email scammers have been hired to run Obamacare

Would you be kind enough to post a link to the news story that covered such an important event ??I mean the hiring of Nigerian email scammers to run Obamacare.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Polio: 8:17am On Oct 26, 2013
manny4life:

A lot ? I guess you're one of them na...Shioor

No i am not, dingbat!
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Those kind of misguided words coming from a senator is very wrong. It is not about patriotism but right and wrong.

By the way, China has over 300 million active users online. Do you think even one percent of them don't scam? That is 3 million scammers. Why aren't we screaming Chinese are scammers?
rubbish.... Senator Ted shouldn't apologize for speaking the truth. Even I as a Nigerian in Nigeria is very skeptical to do business with some Nigerians
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You are just ranting and raving. But come to think of it did Cruz not speak the truth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Police Headquarters Is On Fire. [photos] / APC Members Storm Hotel In Port-harcourt Over Congress Results. Photos / Maria Amadi: Youths Protest Against Ultimatum To Release Nurse's Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.