Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians (22853 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Ministers Laughing At Nigerians During The Federal Executive Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Lilimax(f): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2013
gbanikiti: Really? And what interests are you talking about? The one that affects you and I directly? Guy,abeg shift for one corner! Don't sound silly because you're trying to defend your girlfriend.
Ocho okwu angry
Wetin happen nah grin
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by tellwisdom: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2013
He is mad. The deed has already been done. So he should stfu angry
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2013
He's simply a racist. Most Republicans are very racist.
But see wetin yahoo boys don cause. They're partly to be blamed.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by tellwisdom: 11:24am On Oct 25, 2013
litetias: Misplaced priorities. Nigerians want people to take them seriously but won't take themselves seriously. Undergraduates have been home idle for months, public funds are being siphoned left and right, Super Eagles coaching staff are being owed seven months salary even after bringing pride to the country, UK is demanding ransom before you enter their country because they don't trust you while your government couldn't stand up for you unlike China which did for their people yet what matters to Nigerians is a foreigner telling them the truth about themselves. What a shame. #onlyinNigeria

My guy, make your ways to the senate house and help us. No body dey hear wetin you dey talk for here. undecided

4 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by gbanikiti(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2013
Lilimax: Ocho okwu angry
Wetin happen nah grin
Will his apology make ASUU to call off strike?

Will his apology stop scamming in Nigeria? Mbanu! There are so many things bothering this country. This is least of them. angry

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by daylae(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2013
CFCfan: After this episode, no national US politician will ever make any derogatory jokes about Nigeria

#naija no dey carry last grin
and as we demand from them the respect we deserve we should also redefine ourselves so as to bloat -out those common derogatory rhetorics and innuendoes that has stick to the name Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Tonylyte(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Polio:
Is there any need for that you little stupid piece of crap!
You have no respect and morals!
olodo! Go and boil stone and eat, it wil help cure ya stew-pidity. U called naija a trash, and am calling you a fool. I stay glued, you can walk to the moon.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by toprealman: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2013
Silly cunts. The bait will forever be sent, let the greedy fools swallow it and pay!
I get these mails at least twice a week and deal with them appropriately.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by mrperfect(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2013
There is nothing new om what he said.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Donrissy(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2013
I think the necessary persons should set up a committee to look into the 'abuse'.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by lamba3: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2013
I still don't get how that offends Nigerians undecided
And its nobodies fault that Americans are so idiotic enough to keep falling for email scams.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Polio: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2013
Don-rissy:
I think the necessary persons should set up a committee to look into the 'abuse'.

Look at yourself, set up a committee to look into the abuse?

You are a disgrace to the human race!

The stupid mentality of setting up useless and ineffective or unnecessary committees here and there will bring Nigeria down to its knees one day!

Change your frigging mindset and face the important issues
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by nijanigga: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2013
Just to discredit Obama, who wants all Americans to have access to affordable health care. Meanwhile the clown is insured under the health insurance of his wife who works with goldman sach, and cost $20,000/year. In texas if you work minimum wage for a whole year, it's less than $20,000. Wickedness of the wacko man.
http://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-angers-nigerian-americans-obamacare-remarks-025953889--abc-news-politics.html

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by joshuaidibia(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
israel007: He should come out and say it in clear terms: 'NIGERIANS I AM SORRY!,
Odawise we'l strip him naked and force him to dance round WALLS STREET,on eke market day.

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by dipznano: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Where is the apology?

Why don't you sit up and take a look as to how things are done, how things work, when people are proactive. A senator was insultive and progressive Nigerians will not tolerate such. Nigerian outrage has reached CNN, the Huffington Post, MSNBC, etc. Local news, national news, and international news. The Nigerian Ambassador to the USA has made his own statement. A public apology must come for his public abuse.

Ok......... Sidon der undecided

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Bome01(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
carujmonella: What sort of bullocks is this?. Where is the fùcking apology?. Are we this gullible or what?. This ill-bred móronic slowpoke didn't apologize even for a nanosecond!!. There's nothing in his spittle-like rants that suggested the ídiot apologized. A man of his calibre ought not to be making unguided speeches which sole aim is spite other countries. Until he issues a formal unreserved apology, the Nigerians/ambassador to US, should discard this rants of his to the dustbin.

And please MODs, change the topic of this thread and remove the "apologises" cos the fool didn't apologize. angry

MUKINA EDIT THE TOPIC, the dumbass didn't apologize. Get this nonsense outta the front page undecided
Patrick Obahiagbon. . . I dey hail oh!
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by justplainpaul(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
This fool called Ted cruz no know say Nigerians dey very patriotic. one wicked Nigerian sniper fit splash him brain on top the pot roast weh him dey eat every sunday morning. angry
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Ikenna94: 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
crazyman! Wat of d numerous psychotic mad men on shooting spree in america.usa.dis man is surely racist

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Atyodos: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
u funny no be small [quote
author=mascot87]He should watch his mouth against next time because
we will not take it likely with him both physically, mouthlyundecided
spiritually,vexingly and lookingly
angry[/quote]
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by benbazus: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
babe_online: Nigeria is not the only country in the world.

When Nigerians stop been criminals, you all will stop being mentioned for horrible things.

#truthisbitter

If you are a Nigerian, which i doubt you are then you are a criminal. Simple logic.
How can somebody classify a nation as criminals because a couple of people committed criminal acts.?

2 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by mascot87(m): 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
nijanigga: Just to discredit Obama, who wants all Americans to have access to affordable health care. Meanwhile the clown is insured under the health insurance of his wife who works with goldman sach, and cost $20,000/year. In texas if you work minimum wage for a whole year, it's less than $20,000. Wickedness of the wacko man.
http://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-angers-nigerian-americans-obamacare-remarks-025953889--abc-news-politics.html
Ob**a is a foool, why should the legalization of abortion be inscribed in his so called Obamacare?They should not accept that foolish Obamacare health care service until they remove the legalization of abortion angry
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Where is the apology?

Why don't you sit up and take a look as to how things are done, how things work, when people are proactive. A senator was insultive and progressive Nigerians will not tolerate such. Nigerian outrage has reached CNN, the Huffington Post, MSNBC, etc. Local news, national news, and international news. The Nigerian Ambassador to the USA has made his own statement. A public apology must come for his public abuse.

However, he never apologised and I honestly don't think he should. Nigerians are starting to look overly sensitive about everything and if we continue on this path of screaming "blue murder" about everything, best believe we would start looking like those who always pull the race-card out of their ar.ses over every little thing.

Yes, the joke was in the bad taste. However, Nigerians need to move on. I don't know anyone who has an e-mail that hasn't received an e-mail from a Nigerian prince with $2,000,000,000. You and I would have probably used Nigeria figuratively if we were in his shoes. Just the same way Arabs are the face of terrorism, Chinese are the face of thin eyes, Somalis are the face of hungry children, and most people do cite the Brits whenever they joke about people with bad teeth. However, the difference is that, most of these other people aren't sensitive like Nigerians. Perhaps, it's because we've an overly big ego for nothing - and/or probably because Obama was attacked. You know the first black president blah blah blah.

Lil Wayne said, "Tougher than Nigerian hair." Nigerians cried. Alan Sugar said, "Nigerians can't be trusted over financial promises." We moaned and started byt.ching about. Spike Lee said whatever he said about Nigerians and piracy after visiting Lagos. We threw hissy fit over that as well. The list is endless. Honestly, we're notorious for so many things - adding hissy-fit, crying and moaning would definitely become problematic. There are more important things to focus on than wasting energy on a joke a dyckhead cracked in bad taste.

Anyway, the day I see outrage from Nigerians over how messed up the country is would be the day I'll become a proud Nigerian again. Till them, tell those numbnuts running around like pikeys without caravan to shut it - and get back to work. Massa is coming. The outrage should be about how a c4 is about to explode under Nigeria and how extreme corruption has destroyed the country.

I'm out.

PS: "Diss me and you won't get a reply" - Drake

3 Likes

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2013
shymexx:

However, he never apologised and I honestly don't think he should. Nigerians are starting to look overly sensitive about everything and if we continue on this path of screaming "blue murder" about everything, best believe we would start looking like those who always pull the race-card out of their ar.ses over every little thing.

Yes, the joke was in the bad taste. However, Nigerians need to move on. I don't know anyone who has an e-mail that hasn't received an e-mail from a Nigerian prince with $2,000,000,000. You and I would have probably used Nigeria figuratively if we were in his shoes. Just the same way Arabs are the face of terrorism, Chinese are the face of thin eyes, Somalis are the face of hungry children, and most people do cite the Brits whenever they joke about people with bad teeth. However, the difference is that, most of these other people aren't sensitive like Nigerians. Perhaps, it's because we've an overly big ego for nothing - and/or probably because Obama was attacked. You know the first black president blah blah blah.

Lil Wayne said, "Tougher than Nigerian hair." Nigerians cried. Alan Sugar said, "Nigerians can't be trusted over financial promises." We moaned and started byt.ching about. Spike Lee said whatever he said about Nigerians and piracy after visiting Lagos. We threw hissy fit over that as well. The list is endless. Honestly, we're notorious for so many things - adding hissy-fit, crying and moaning would definitely become problematic. There are more important things to focus on that wasting energy on a joke a dyckhead cracked in bad taste.

Anyway, the day I see outrage from Nigerians over how messed up the country is would be the day I'll become a proud Nigerian again. Till them, tell those numbnuts running around like pikeys without caravan to shut it - and get back to work. Massa is coming. The outrage should be about how a c4 is about to explode under Nigeria and how extreme corruption has destroyed the country.

I'm out.

PS: "Diss me and you won't get a reply" - Drake

We can all express that outrage come 2015 elections.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by toshmann(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
ogugua88:

Where is the apology?

This is a toxic senator from Texas. Nothing will please him more than seeing a bunch of foreign niggers running around in a thick accent protesting what he said about their country. It will not only make him more popular in Texas if he refuses to fully apologize but it will also bring out more rabid right wing modafokas to make more intense statements about Naija. grin
These people openly abuse the POTUS and get more popular, how much more abusing a foreign country that already has a bad name.

Nne relax o.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by gbishman: 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
Its dude from his body language and expression doesnt seem sober or remorseful, well the harm has already being done let him go his way let for me he is a racist and thats my take on the issue.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Nedlog(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
nnocurruption: No need to apologize for saying the truth Nigeria is trash.
y do u judge d general,using d particular,u r trash urself!
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by gnykelly(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
the honourable man has the manner of a pig.
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by okeke2: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
DONT ACT AS IF MOST OF NIGERIANS ARE NOT SCAMMERS!! I WENT TO YABATECH TO SEE A FRIEND HE IS IN COMPUTER DEPARTMENT SEE AS HE'S MATES ARE SCAMMING PEOPLE ONLINE SO STOP PRETENDING
HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH THE BEST THING FOR PEOPLE GOING ABROAD IS TO DENY HAVING ANY CONNECTIONS TO NIGERIA( IF ONLY IT WERE DAT SIMPLE)
U R ALL JST FOOLISH HYPOCRITES DEY TELL U D TRUTH AND YOU DENY
R U GOOD CHRISTIANS/MUSLIMS OR JST USING DAT AS A DISGUISE
EVEN GOD WILL BE LAUGHING AT US

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by okeke2: 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbishman: Its dude from his body language and expression doesnt seem sober or remorseful, well the harm has already being done let him go his way let for me he is a racist and thats my take on the issue.
SERIOUSLY IT EVEN OFFENDS ME
SO WHY SHOULDNT DIS WHITE FU.KIN BYASSED PIECES OF SHI.T CRITICISE US WHEN WE HAVE A TERRIBLE BACKGROUND
AND WE ARE FOOLISH TO LET THEM IN THIS COUNTRY WHEREAS BEFORE THEY LET YOU IN TO THEIRS U WILL SWEAT
WE NEED TO KICK THEM OUT
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Polio: 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
okeke2:
SERIOUSLY IT EVEN OFFENDS ME
SO WHY SHOULDNT DIS WHITE FU.KIN BYASSED PIECES OF SHI.T CRITICISE US WHEN WE HAVE A TERRIBLE BACKGROUND
AND WE ARE FOOLISH TO LET THEM IN THIS COUNTRY WHEREAS BEFORE THEY LET YOU IN TO THEIRS U WILL SWEAT
WE NEED TO KICK THEM OUT

Stop fuc...king convulsing and start channelling your aggression into something that can impact your community positively!
Your rants on a public forum wont change the perception of the world about Nigeria until you and your ilks start doing something positively to change your ways!
Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by TheBookWorm: 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
Of course Nigerian-Americans will want an apology. We believe in the American system and simply wish to be treated fairly and not generalized. Unlike some Nigerians back in Nigeria, we do not tolerate ridicule of our community from our elected officials. This is what it means to live in a progressive country like the US. The weak are able to speak their mind freely, and the strong have to listen. I know this may be a new concept to some of you, but the collective Nigerian community in the US has spoken.

1 Like

Re: US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians by Asabeq(f): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
U and the people that liked your post, making you 5 Id iots are from a generation of thrash!
I know its gay s that will support this man
Silly people
nnocurruption: No need to apologize for saying the truth Nigeria is trash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Immigration Clears 60,000 Passport Backlogs In 4 Days – Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo / British Court seized Abacha loot worth £211m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.