Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike (1910 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Kcinho(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2013
The doctors had been on strike since
October 1.
The National Association of Resident
Doctors (NARD) on Thursday announced the
suspension of its more than three-week-old
nationwide strike.
The President of the association, Jibril
Abdullahi, said this to the News Agency of
Nigeria in an interview.
He said that the strike was suspended
following a meeting by National Executive
Council of NARD in Abuja on October 24.
He said a Memorandum of Understanding on
the suspension of the strike was signed at a
meeting between the leadership of the
doctors and representatives of the Federal
Government,
He said that it was agreed that the issues in
contention would be looked into and
implemented as soon as possible.
“Our leaders will go back to their places and
inform their members of decisions arrived at
and work will resume as soon as possible,”
he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports
that the strike started on October1 and
meetings had been held between NARD and
the Federal Government with a view to
resolving the issues at stake.
The doctors went on strike over the non-
payment of arrears of salaries of some
doctors for over four months under the
Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information
System (IPPIS) arrangement.
Other issues in contention were the training
and retraining of resident doctors and the
implementation of the Consolidated Medical
Salary Structure (CONMESS) at the Enugu
State University Teaching Hospital.
premiumtimesng.com/news/147235-nigeria-resident-doctors-suspend-nationwide-strike.html
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2013
"He said that it was agreed that the issues in contention would be looked into & implemented as soön as possible". Hmmm havent we been down this road before? I'm expecting another strike in 3mnths time, i'd better double my savings for the rainy day. All those my dependants are gonna be on a long thng 4nw
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by uchvic(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2013
Takin a deep breath.... Dis is a welcome development
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by prettyprettywow: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Did the federal govt meet their demands with "immediate effect"?. I thought they said the govt "must" meet all their demands with immediate effect and they a'int going back if they are not met?
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Kcinho(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
prettyprettywow: Did the federal govt meet their demands with "immediate effect"?. I thought they said the govt "must" meet all their demands with immediate effect and they a'int going back if they are not met?
I guess they considered what the patients are going through and also the workload for their superiors (consultants) and the medical students too.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Kcinho(m): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2013
olrotimi: "He said that it was agreed that the issues in contention would be looked into & implemented as soön as possible". Hmmm havent we been down this road before? I'm expecting another strike in 3mnths time, i'd better double my savings for the rainy day. All those my dependants are gonna be on a long thng 4nw
Chief, e be like u dy give scholarship. make d thing reach ur boy na.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by prettyprettywow: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Kcinho:
I guess they considered what the patients are going through and also the workload for their superiors (consultants) and the medical students too.
were they not aware of the above before uttering such statement? This is a typical example of going back to eat your vomitus. they should have still remained home till govt meets all their demands with immediate effect nah.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Kcinho(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
prettyprettywow: were they not aware of the above before uttering such statement? This is a typical example of going back to eat your vomitus. they should have still remained home till govt meets all their demands with immediate effect nah.
I'm sure if the government no pay soon, something worse will happen. Some of these guys are now broke. Meanwhile wisemen use the strike do better private practice.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 26, 2013
Hatred comment
prettyprettywow: were they not aware of the above before uttering such statement? This is a typical example of going back to eat your vomitus. they should have still remained home till govt meets all their demands with immediate effect nah.
Re: National Association Of Resident Doctors Suspend Strike by Kcinho(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2013
Laalamed: Hatred comment
Gbam! U code.

(1) (Reply)

Help! A Drastic Change In My Menstrual Cycle / 7 Things You Should Never Eat Or Drink After 9 PM To Keep Your Heart Healthy / The Negative Effect Of Frying Your Food; See All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.