Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process - Education (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process (250559 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / 2015/2016 Yabatech Admission,post Utme And Screening Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
Doclight: Pls nairalanders advise me, i won't to option ui, medicine. But afraid of d shortlisting especially nw it's 1 uni, 1 poly etc. Pls advise me
UI Is not stable in her admission process, but if I am to judge with this year I would say UI Discarded the shortlisting process.

Who know what they intend to do next year? I have gat an advise for you, if you have a strange feeling about UI, I think you have to fill another school in place of HER .
Nevertheless, you are good to go if I am to judge with this year.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Teeklef(m): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
Doclight: Pls nairalanders advise me, i won't to option ui, medicine. But afraid of d shortlisting especially nw it's 1 uni, 1 poly etc. Pls advise me
abeg no vex o,concerning jamb stuff am still a learner,wot do u mean by 1university,pol,col,is dia nt going to be a space for 2nd choice in jamb form again or wot?...........thanks
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls i nid details on unilorin admission

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by tIce(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
emekakelvin: 2 candidate
tenkx boss .....plz wat abt english edu in OAU
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sadia1992: Pls i nid details on unilorin admission
u do jamb score 200 and above then write their postume and score a heavy mark in it bet me u are in.

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2013
Teeklef:
abeg no vex o,concerning jamb stuff am still a learner,wot do u mean by 1university,pol,col,is dia nt going to be a space for 2nd choice in jamb form again or wot?...........thanks
no more second choice in all the tertiary institutions e.g one for university,one for poly etc

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by ChocolateBarbie(f): 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
emekakelvin: 164

of all the School I have checked MBBS has the highest applicant follow by Accountancy.
May God Help you people
Tanshu buh pulleez help mi check Civil enq. Nd comp.sci. Same sch.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 4:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
@emekakelvin I would advise u that you should stop posting statistics of candidates per course here because you are discouraging some folks from taking those courses which they could eventually be admitted to if they had choosen it.

Admission into the university is not by population but by what you have upstairs so guys don't be afraid pick the course and university u desire and burn the midnite candle to pass their postume then everything is settled

This is my pricinple- if you read your book you pass but if you don't read it you fail.

#shalom

2 Likes

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
promisechild: @emekakelvin I would advise u that you should stop posting statistics of candidates per course here because you are discouraging some folks from taking those courses which they could eventually be admitted to if they had choosen it.

Admission into the university is not by population but by what you have upstairs so guys don't be afraid pick the course and university u desire and burn the midnite candle to pass their postume then everything is settled

This is my pricinple- if you read your book you pass but if you don't read it you fail.

#shalom
Well said.
Taking another instance, the issue on ground is a two-edged sword, the high figures in some courses of any institution would push some individual away from picking, but it may also boost the innerman of some individual to work hard.

No p sha, Your advise has been heeded,but let me reply some individual who requested to know the number of applicant in some respective field before your initial post.
God bless

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Capableben(m): 4:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
Idrismusty97: Yep

08128735162 lets relate bro
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChocolateBarbie: Tanshu buh pulleez help mi check Civil enq. Nd comp.sci. Same sch.
Computer science----51
Civil engineering-----58
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by adenikejummy(f): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2013
Adex097:
Here in Nigeria, there's nothing like best school (they are all below standard), we only have better schools (if you know what I mean) ...
»»»»Back to your question«««««
I'd advise you to choose a federal university that has your state of origin in its catchment area .
Good morning cool
frm ogun wnt to choose uni ibadan d only sch @ ogun is funaab nd oou I am an art student cnt go to funaab nd I dnt wnt oou state sch. Any advice @ fynestboi and pple wt gud thought need ur opinion on dis
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
T.ice:
tenkx boss .....plz wat abt english edu in OAU
10 Applicant
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by adenikejummy(f): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
emekakelvin: UI Is not stable in her admission process, but if I am to judge with this year I would say UI Discarded the shortlisting process.

Who know what they intend to do next year? I have gat an advise for you, if you have a strange feeling about UI, I think you have to fill another school in place of HER .
Nevertheless, you are good to go if I am to judge with this year.
gud noon, I did nt really undastand dis post abt ui cos thinking of choosing d sch for nxt year jamb, can u pls shed more light on dis
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Dawinlove: Pls advise on the books I should start reading in preparation for jamb..my course is linguist or masscom..I need names of textbooks,govment nd literature books to read bfor jamb!

These books am about to list now is the key to defeat any examination if you can get hold of them as a student I bet you would be matriculated come next year

1.Government- 1. Comphrensive govt 2. Government explained

2.English- fundamental formula in eng lang 2. A-Z jambe use of english 3. Invisible teacher

3.literature-mastery of literature and exam focus

4 for all science subject get lamlard

5.Economics- economics made easy,fundamental economics and comphrensive economics

#shalom
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Odunhana: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
adenike jummy: frm ogun wnt to choose uni ibadan d only sch @ ogun is funaab nd oou I am an art student cnt go to funaab nd I dnt wnt oou state sch. Any advice @ fynestboi and pple wt gud thought need ur opinion on dis
My dear, you had better not fill FUNAAB. Hope you can see what happened this year. As per school to choose. Select from U.I, UNILAG, OAU.... They all have Ogun as their catchment area.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Odunhana: 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
adenike jummy: gud noon, I did nt really undastand dis post abt ui cos thinking of choosing d sch for nxt year jamb, can u pls shed more light on dis
What he was trying to point out was that U.I usually shortlist with O'level. But this year, they didn't use O'level to shortlist. However U.I is dynamic with admission process, they can continue with the method next year.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by adenikejummy(f): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Odunhana: My dear, you had better not fill FUNAAB. Hope you can see what happened this year. As per school to choose. Select from U.I, UNILAG, OAU.... They all have Ogun as their catchment area.
aii tnx, nd I also heard dat ui do make use of o'level had 5bs, 2c nd 1a in my result. Wnt to go for eida mass com or philosophy or po_science
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
adenike jummy: gud noon, I did nt really undastand dis post abt ui cos thinking of choosing d sch for nxt year jamb, can u pls shed more light on dis
[b]I were trying to explain the dynamic and wavering nature of UI.
UI operates on different basis in regard admission process. In time past, Their aptitute test was Oral interview, after much critics it was change to the normal ppt standard.

The UNIQUENESS of UI pume was gotten from the shortlisting process, they believed On a 60:40 (waec:jamb) ratio,thus creating fear for individual with low grade in waec to blast The UTME or get no shortlisting approval.

Days went bye and it was date for Shortlisting candidate for the pume exam in the year 2012. Most candidate with low grade in waec were afraid of not been shortlisted in the exam,despite scoring above 250,but they were shortlisted. No more can really tells the story of 2012 UI experience,because some years back candidate that score 260 were not considered--------This is the wavering part of it

Taking this year as reference, UI shortlisted everybody for the pume irrespective of their jamb score or waec grade. Nobody expected this,but UI decided.
You see we dont know if UI is going back to her old system or sticking with the new system.[/b]
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Dawinlove(m): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
emekakelvin:
The best text for govt is ROUNDUP GOVT and Comprehensive Govt.

I know not the best text for LITERATURE
Tanks man,any1 wit idea of literature texts
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
Odunhana: What he was trying to point out was that U.I usually shortlist with O'level. But this year, they didn't use O'level to shortlist. However U.I is dynamic with admission process, they can continue with the method next year.
thank you chairman
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Odunhana: 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
emekakelvin: thank you chairman
I salute oooo...... TEAM OAU on the dot next year.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by rioemmanuel(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
what is d full meaning of mbbs
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by topsonkay(m): 6:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
rioemmanuel: what is d full meaning of mbbs
Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Idrismusty97(m): 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
promisechild: @emekakelvin I would advise u that you should stop posting statistics of candidates per course here because you are discouraging some folks from taking those courses which they could eventually be admitted to if they had choosen it.

#shalom
What emeka is doing is actually Right!!. No matter what you have upstairs 600 people cannot be admitted to a single course in the same school.The worst part is that jamb registration will run till march next year(this means even more aspirant) and they is just one choice for each tertiary education. The future aspirants should be aware of what they are getting themselves into
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by ChocolateBarbie(f): 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
emekakelvin: Computer science----51
Civil engineering-----58
thanks a milli
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by adenikejummy(f): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
Pls help me check d statistics of d following courses mass com,po-science nd philosophy in d ff sch unilag,oau nd ui. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Capableben(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
adenike jummy: Pls help me check d statistics of d following courses mass com,po-science nd philosophy in d ff sch unilag,oau nd ui. Thanks in anticipation.

http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme/CheckInstitutionStatisitics.aspx
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
Odunhana: I salute oooo...... TEAM OAU on the dot next year.
Me gan prostrate oooo, Odunhana of Life grin grin grin
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2013
ChocolateBarbie: thanks a milli
All thanks to God
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by fatsonm: 9:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
labodinho: I've replied yur PM.
where will i check it? I haven't seen it yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (117) (Reply)

2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / National Common Entrance Examination Result 2021/2022 Is Out | See How To Check / The Difference Between " I'm And Am" And How To Use Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.