Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? (32915 Views)

Revealed:Nigerian Hospitals And Their Penchant For CS Over Natural Birth / Talk About Labour; cs & delivery Experience / Careless Doctors Slashes Babies Head During Cs, Mother Begs Fashola For Justice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by yinkes(f): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
How does one deal with a big tummy after a CS.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by bebechuks: 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
I hv a 6 weeks baby now nd I delivered tru c/s. My stich has closed, nd m reli healing cuz I eat fruit, I will advice u to eat fruit a lot,it will pass,its a phase, pls when can u start meeting ur husbby after c/s?
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
free2ryhme:

why did you opt for CS ? at least you were give other options

lets start from there

She said she had a medical condition and CS was the only Option! Don't you people read?
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
bebechuks: I hv a 6 weeks baby now nd I delivered tru c/s. My stich has closed, nd m reli healing cuz I eat fruit, I will advice u to eat fruit a lot,it will pass,its a phase, pls when can u start meeting ur husbby after c/s?

My sister, heal first before thinking about meeting your husband undecided

Anyway, your body will tell you. Don't go tear that wound o

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Greenfriend: 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Abisquare, I understand all U feel. I am presently in UPTH. First, ensure optimal hygiene (stay in a cool place, avoid nylon clothes and have ur regular sanitized baths). Secondly, take Tramadol tablets (100mg, better at night cos of it's sedative effects; also, take it with a lot of fruits) anytime U feel d pain. Thirdly, do Kegel exercises (by holding ur urine intermittently about 3-4 times during every urine stream) so as 2 enhance ur pelvic floor (d muscles responsible 4 vaginal delivery). Fourthly, take enough water (about d size of 2 Ragolis bottles daily) 2 clear ur respiratory tract and prevent/treat cough (cough syrups might amplify/worsen d sedative & constipating effects of Tramadol if U sue both). Take Vitamin C regularly (2 tablets every 8 hours) 2 optimize healing. Also, pls don't joke with ur exclusive breast feeding cos of its weight-losing properties amidst other benefits. Lastly, have patience and develop a favourable motherly disposition now. All d best (08034053406)

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Cestmoi1(f): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
maryhaam: Whew! now I'm getting scared
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by StEdwin(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
sissy_ijebu:

Sis forget good hospital matter! Please don't come here and mislead people. No pain after CS? You be robot ni? The first 3 days after CS made me have a glimpse of what hell is like. You wan cough abi u wan sneeze abi u wan even laugh? Worse was when my little little madam dey try extract milk,every vein in my system stand attention.When you get up from bed or change position its like your heart's gone drop. Unless its life threatening please when your doctor says push you better push because Cs no be am . Its 3 years now and the experience is still fresh.

I am sorry ladies but in nigeria when u have GPs performing the job of an obstetrician, that's what you get.

First and foremost, there shouldn't be so much pain after c.s except the doctor refuses to give d proper pain control meds like either pethidine or tincture of morphine sulphate.......that helps in alleviating the pain.

Secondly, suturing should not cause u so much pain if each of the layers of the abdominal wall were sutured nicely. If u can see the stitches, then it's bad suturing cos no one does that any more.....a subcuticular stitching is what is used now......I don't see y someone complained earlier of a friend who had a hole. ..... C/s is not a contaminated procedure. It should require any hole being left if d doctor knew what he was doing.

The uterus should also be massaged before it's placed back inside the abdomen to hasten up it's contraction back to it's normal size.....

In essence....the procedure shouldn't give u that much discomfort.....u should be back to ur normal self after maximum 3days.

Visit a well qualified obstetrician. .....

3 Likes

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by dominique(f): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
free2ryhme:

why did you opt for CS ? at least you were give other options

lets start from there
|
|
\|/

abisquare: My CS was durin to my health challenge its nt my first choice I was battlin wit high BP and @ d tym of delivery d baby hrt rate droped and dat was d only way to safe my baby cos it was say to b imminent fetal distress and d only opt was immediate CS. I tank GOD 4 his wonders
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by AyeeIdris(f): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
All those talking about a painless CS. There is NO such thing in any country in the world, advanced or otherwise. It is a major stomach surgery. You realize how many layers the doctor has to cut through to get to the baby. Didn't even know d human stomach had that many layers. Watch an operation on YouTube.There is no amount of painkillers that u would take that u won't feel the pain. I have had one. I wish never to go through the experience again. Atleast after normal delivery, u are well. For CS, to laugh, to cough is hell. I will never understand why anyone opts for elective CS.
However, if ur doctor recommends it, don't hesitate. The life of your child is worth more than a few weeks of discomfort.

2 Likes

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by dominique(f): 1:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
abisquare: Tanks dominque bt am no longer on any drugs d doc stop d ones am usin and dnt perscribe any oda and I dnt lyk self medication and am tired of complainin to dem anytym I visit d hospital dey just say its normal evn b4 I finish sayin my complains. Pls 4 how long were u havin discharges ?

I didn't have dischages for more than a week (I'm assuming you're referring to afterbirth bleeding). I was concerned when you said the wound was still open and you were in pain. An open wound could easily get infected and nothing stopping you from using painkillers like paracetamol for relief. And like I said, vitamin C helps wounds to heal fast. Best thing is to go have it checked by the doctors. You can use a different hospital to get a broader perspective of what is happening with you.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by free2ryhme: 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2013
Phema:

She said she had a medical condition and CS was the only Option! Don't you people read?

I believe you are the one that needs to read

show where in her post she claims to have a medical condition. U drink to much garri ijebu
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by StEdwin(m): 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
bebechuks: I hv a 6 weeks baby now nd I delivered tru c/s. My stich has closed, nd m reli healing cuz I eat fruit, I will advice u to eat fruit a lot,it will pass,its a phase, pls when can u start meeting ur husbby after c/s?

That depends on u.... compared to those that delivered vaginally, those with c/s can have a faster return to sexual activities with their spouse or partner (s). This is cos in c/s, d vagina doesnt need any healing process so it is just in its pre-pregnancy state....... The point is u can begin when u start feeling comfortable.
For vaginal delivery, a period of 3-6weeks is advisable as the abstinence period.

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
St. Edwin:

I am sorry ladies but in nigeria when u have GPs performing the job of an obstetrician, that's what you get.

First and foremost, there shouldn't be so much pain after c.s expect the doctors refuse to give d proper pain control meds like either pethidine or tincture of morphine sulphate.......that helps in alleviating the pain.

Secondly, suturing should not cause u so much pain if each of the layers of the abdominal wall were sutured nicely. If u can see the stitches, then it's bad suturing cos no one does that any more.....a subcuticular stitching is what is used now......I don't see y someone complained earlier of a friend who had a hole. ..... C/s is not a contaminated procedure. It should require any hole being left if d doctor knew what he was doing.

The uterus should also be massaged before it's placed back inside the abdomen to hasten up it's contraction back to it's normal size.....

In essence....the procedure shouldn't give u that much discomfort.....u should be back to ur normal self after maximum 3days.

Visit a well qualified obstetrician. .....

I did not have my Cs in Nigeria. I quoted her because she mentioned having no pain whatsoever which is misleading. Cs should be a no go area for a woman who can have a normal delivery. There's no way anyone is dodging that pain! I remember the pain clearly and I will not opt for Cs again if its possible. Have had 2 births, normal and Cs so I know what am saying
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by free2ryhme: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2013
dominique:

was the quotes part of the original post ? .. Or do you think i have time to scan pages to get the full gist ..
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by StEdwin(m): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ayee Idris: All those talking about a painless CS. There is NO such thing in any country in the world, advanced or otherwise. It is a major stomach surgery. You realize how many layers the doctor has to cut through to get to the baby. Didn't even know d human stomach had that many layers. Watch an operation on YouTube.There is no amount of painkillers that u would take that u won't feel the pain. I have had one. I wish never to go through the experience again. Atleast after normal delivery, u are well. For CS, to laugh, to cough is hell. I will never understand why anyone opts for elective CS.
However, if ur doctor recommends it, don't hesitate. The life of your child is worth more than a few weeks of discomfort.

My dear, c/s is a surgical procedure and we all know every surgery has an amount of pain. But a medical practitioner should not allow pain limit his patients' recovery time..... The procedure, stitching.....and after care such as Giving the patient, pain killers, as well as encouraging them to get out of bed and walk around, doing deep breathing and a little coughing can speed up the healing process......
I have seen c/s being performed and ladies subsequently discharged after 3days.....maximum 5days.....
The human body has the ability to begin repair as soon as a first minute an injury occurs...it's only we humans either as patients or healthcare practitioners that complicate things.....
It all depends on how good ur doctor is....and how good the hospital is in terms of having the right care.....

2 Likes

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Forwetinnah: 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
dasparrow:

Don't complain. It is the price you have to pay for wanting to be a mother. No one said it was going to be easy. If God had not blessed you with a child, you would have jumped from church to church like the average Nigerian desperately seeking for the 'fruit of the womb.' Ain't that so?

Who be this abeg? Very insensitive comment..and im sure you're a man, typical! Congrats Madam! You'l get better with time

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by StEdwin(m): 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
sissy_ijebu:

I did not have my Cs in Nigeria. I quoted her because she mentioned having no pain whatsoever which is misleading. Cs should be a no go area for a woman who can have a normal delivery. There's no way anyone is dodging that pain! I remember the pain clearly and I will not opt for Cs again if its possible. Have had 2 births, normal and Cs so I know what am saying

I'm not doubting the pain factor.....All surgical procedures carry a certain level of pain. But I m saying it depends on d doctor giving the appropriate care from admission to post-surgery. .....With a co-operative patient and a good doctor, u should be fine after a week....and then ur 6week maternity should be enjoyable. I m glad u have had 2 normal deliveries after the first c/s.....it only means u have had good care givers thus far......And I think coupled with ur previous c/s experience, that may have motivated u to have a normal delivery later.....
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Caracta(f): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
sirgreen: My experience was bad! I moved after the operation, like standing up and took a walk in d evening, the next day I could not even stand up.
my nipples refused to latch so the baby could not suck, imagine were nurses had to come and use syringe to try n make the nipple latch. horrible
after the 4th day the doc refused to prescribe pain killers.
I was still bleeding till the 4TH week.
general body disorder, I cant imagine going thru another one even as am pregnant again, I pray for a normal delivery

AMEN!!!

*deep sigh* Oh dear Lord...
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by dominique(f): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sike: Awwwwww!! I feel your pain. Sorry ehn?

Lol, thanks. If anyone had told me then that I would completely forget the pain, i won't have believed. I try to recollect the pain these days, but can't seem to.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by dominique(f): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
free2ryhme:

was the quotes part of the original post ? .. Or do you think i have time to scan pages to get the full gist ..

That's the thanks I get for helping you fish out the reason the Op has to go for a cs .. Or you think she has the time to answer a question she had already answered earlier.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
I've experienced both V birth and CS. The first was a CS while the second one was through V, but I remember
telling myself I'd opt for elective CS if I'm having another baby. Labour pain can be unbearable, plus the small V tears can be painful. God is really good though, stopped feeling any pain even before my baby was named and V birth doesn't look unappealing again.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Forwetinnah: 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Boll2010: Wetin concern me........my own be say make I pump her....... she get belle.......make I care for her durin labour,durin pregnancy,cook her sumtymz wen less busy......den I pray for her all thru the delivery....I gez v done my part God shld do dat......no one care for a wack doctor......n she beta push n spread dos legs well......cuz if we dey fu!ck sef she dey open wella.......excuse no for her not to open legs n push.....jah guide my upcomin wife thru the delivery!! Deal with it ladies.....I also vibrate sumtyms wen gushin out those SPE!RMS

You vibrate in Ecstacy not pain mr man, we are talking about REAL pain, the type a woman goes through to bring a new life into the World and you're here posting bleep!! For you to even think women opt for CS cause they can't OPEN their legs or PUSH well shows you know NOTHING about child birth. Some of you men should learn to choose your words well with certain issues..it is real wa for some of una!!

4 Likes

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by chrystee: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
I too had a CS delivery. I expected d worst after but to my uttermost surprise I didn't feel so terrible. I only remembered dt I had a wound when I cough or sneeze. I drove my car about 3weeks after and started lying on my tummy at 6weeks. And I had twins so dealing with the being a new mom of two and a surgery wound would hv taken a toll on me. My twins are 14weeks now and I don't remember dt I had them via CS. I think I was just lucky and also the doctor who did the CS is really experienced. Very soon, u won't remember it anymore. But for a quicker healing process and to avoid infection I was told to clean the surface with methylated spirit regularly and I did that.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Walelavender(m): 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
I really commend Nigerian women who go through CS in this country! How come the whites hardly complain of complications after thiers? It just shows how unprofessional the crop of Doctors we have in this country(though some do it well). Even @ that,the bill is scary & if U settle for cheaper ones,you are in soup for that. The Nigerian Medical Council should fix this anomaly!
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Evanisgud(f): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
sissy_ijebu:

Sis forget good hospital matter! Please don't come here and mislead people. No pain after CS? You be robot ni? The first 3 days after CS made me have a glimpse of what hell is like. You wan cough abi u wan sneeze abi u wan even laugh? Worse was when my little little madam dey try extract milk,every vein in my system stand attention.When you get up from bed or change position its like your heart's gone drop. Unless its life threatening please when your doctor says push you better push because Cs no be am . Its 3 years now and the experience is still fresh.
sis der is best doc. My child is a yr nw there was noting like pain, I had him around 3pm, i started breastfeedin ard 9pm same day. I was on my feet d nx moring nd tuk pap same moring by doc instion. I dnt pray 4 it bt i thk is d best wt gud doc.

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by Ramanto(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
I feel for women alot,they are the cream of the society.I pray the kids u gave birth to will all benefit u and appreciate ur pains for them..guys plz let's all try and treat women right

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by free2ryhme: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
dominique:

That's the thanks I get for helping you fish out the reason the Op has to go for a cs .. Or you think she has the time to answer a question she had already answered earlier.

na im make you carry the matter for head like gala seller ...

so how market grin
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by abisquare(f): 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
No body force u to comment u can as well kip ur opinion to ursef
free2ryhme:

na im make you carry the matter for head like gala seller ...

so how market grin

1 Like

Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by abisquare(f): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Am glad wit all d responses I got I taught I was d only one goin thru dis seein pple wit diff experinces honestly speakin I wil rada opt 4 normal delivery next tym den CS cos wit V d pain is just 4 d period of d delivery wich I experinced evn b4 d CS was later carried out all d same as long as u ve a cutie to smile to at d end of it I now belive it worth a while Kudos to all d mothers out there may we reap d fruit of our labour. AMEN
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by bannykel: 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2013
I gav birth tru CS and it healed up 3weeks after wit de help of drinking bleeded tomatos and complan but it was after 9month my abdomen was normal. It can be challenging afterall cos of alot of DON'T s dat is involved.
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by abisquare(f): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
To all d guys out dia luv and respect all d women in ur lifes d deserve daily praising its nt easily @ all, as 4 my little prince I wil make sure he adores women in all ways possible. Big hugs to all d mothers out dia. IYA NI WURA
Re: Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? by free2ryhme: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
abisquare: No body force u to comment u can as well kip ur opinion to ursef

lets cut the fun and be serious ..

I know of someone who did fibroid operation and almost a year later did CS for a birth operations .. the cuts are healed perfectly thanks be to God first and better Doctor .. i am not mocking you however you are mature enough to know that if there is any complications ( itching ) whatsoever complain to your doctor who performed the operations to administer some medications. we are not doctors !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Records New COVID-19 Case, Traces 119 Contacts / Baby Aisha Mustapha Born With Heart Outside Her Chest Dies / Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.