Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian (6220 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Gamine(f): 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2008
There is nothing wrong in eating pork

there is just a high possibility of infections

i mean i watched House and this lady had tapeworms in her brain and in her thigh!!! shocked

Abeg o!

i no go chop am!

my mouth don close lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by bawomolo(m): 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2008
i hate pork, the taste just isn't right at all. beef or turkey for me
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by ow11(m): 8:42pm On Sep 28, 2008
quote ''. . .I'll eat a pig's a** if they cook it right. . .''

Yeah, I'll eat it! I can't see anything wrong in eating pork, Pork like any other type of meat is not too good if it isnt cooked properly.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Cayon(f): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2008
@davidylan and others who quoting the Book of Acts about  what God created don't call unclean.  I only hope y'all know that Peter was dreaming.  Y'all need to go back and read the entire scripture Acts Ch 10 and 11.  Peter had a dream.  We are not to eat swines flesh nor bottome crawlers, these foods are unclean. 

Growing up we never eat pork, in fact my mother and father are vegetarians.  It was after I hit the good ole USA i start eating pork and all other meat.

Right now, i don't eat pork or shell fish.  I am trying to stop eating all meat.  slowly but surely.

Acts 10:9-23
Peter's Vision
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance (daydreaming). 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."

15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

16This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon's house was and stopped at the gate. 18They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

19While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three[a] men are looking for you. 20So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."

21Peter went down and said to the men, "I'm the one you're looking for. Why have you come?"

22The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say." 23Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Horus(m): 8:07pm On Dec 20, 2008
Christians profess to be such devout followers of Jesus (Yashua) of 2008 years ago, but they eat pork when Jesus (Yashua) NEVER did this. Remember in Mark 5 : 13 Jesus (Yashua) was the one who cast the devil into the swine. They use this saying "It's not what goes into a person, it's what comes out" to say they can eat pork. El's Holy Torah (known as the old testament) in Leviticus 11 : 7, 8 "And the swine, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you.
8: Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean to you." This was a Law and nothing changes. Don't try and tell us that the book of Acts has made the consumption of pork lawful, because you want to justify the eating of pork. First of all the book of Acts was written by Luke and not a divinely inspired scripture, so it has little or no validity. In addition, Jesus (Yashua) of 2008 years ago said that "Not one jot or tittle" of the law would change. The book of Leviticus received by Moses contains the original laws.

Matthew 5 : 18
" For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all be fullfilled".

Now if Jesus (Yashua) of 2008 years ago said the law could not change, then why are you "Christians" still eating pork?
Eating pork is a concept of the 13th self Acclaimed Apostle Paul, the liar, himself admitted that he was changing the law. Romans 3 : 7 "For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

So Christians stop being hypocrites, you know that the law has not changed, besides you know little or nothing about the animal that you love to eat.
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Bastage: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2008
I think most religious avoidance of pork is based on a metaphysical (ie spiritual) reason, not necessarily the physical aspect.

It probably had everything to do with the physical aspect and not the spiritual.

One has to realise that the early Jews and Muslims were nomadic desert tribes with no access to refrigeration.
Pork is one of the most dangerous meats to eat if stored or prepared incorrectly.
The last thing any tribe needs (especially if it is on the eve of a battle) is a severe dose of food poisoning running through it's ranks. Hence it was simpler to just ban the meat.

Take a look at the other foodstuffs that are "banned" and you will see that likewise they too are very dangerous to eat if not handled correctly - ie: shellfish.

Easiest way to keep your people healthy and get them to stay away from something - "God says so".
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Cayon(f): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2008
worm in woman's brain - she is a pork lover

This was on the news last month. Be sure to click on[b] Click here for a video.[/b] on the right

Warning: Video is gross

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,455067,00.html

Peace
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Kuns: 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2008
@All,

As a christian, are you still eating pork?

Do you still eat sauage rolls in church? Let you do after sunday service? What did the bible say about this?

Is it ok, to bless the pork before eating it? shocked

Leviticus 11: 7,8 and I quote "And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8: Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you."

What about those biscuit that is made from animal (pork) fat?

Are you born again pentecostal christians still going to Mcdonalds to eat hamburgers (pork, the swine) and chips?

What about beefburgers (40% pork, 60% beef), Is it ok?

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8: Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Is it ok to pray over the hamburgers before eating like we do in church?

sad undecided
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2008
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by MrCrackles(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
Disgusting animal
No go area for me
!
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Kuns: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2008
I am wearing the mask to a deity/God, you are talking in the flesh to a Deity.

What you are confused, I am a Deity (God) is ALL things.

Whatever subject you you want to discuss, bring it on.

Apparently, our people are only interest mainly in religion and Jesus.
the other half in Islam (Muhammedians), we can discuss this too.

If you want to eat pork to right ahead, all I can do is to show you that it is bad for you.

But like I always say ,  Don't believe me ,  you check it out for yourself.

What do you know of the creation of the swine ,  my ancestors created it and you, my people are not suppose to be eating it.

@tpia If I told you about why you shouldn't eat the swine from an ancient Tamareyeaat (Tamareian, ancient African) perspective. People will start babbling in tongues calling Jesus.

So I didn't give you that, I gave you what you want, so that you will learn to want what I have to give.

You follow.

tpia wrote

So its really no business of yours what people eat.

save your sermons for your congregation.

I'm not telling you nothing ,  I know you love you bacon sandwiches.

If you want to eat dog, cat and rat combine,  go right ahead,  and stuff yourself,  till you get sick and diseased.  cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Kuns: 12:40am On Dec 23, 2008
@tpia

Talk to yourself , maybe all that pork you been eating , you have tapeworm in your brain. cheesy
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by A40(m): 12:49am On Dec 23, 2008
Gross!!
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by Kuns: 1:15am On Dec 23, 2008
@All

Are you still eating pork?
Re: Whats Your View About Pork (meat From Pig) As A Christian by tpia: 3:57am On Dec 23, 2008

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is The Torah And Injil? / How To Kill A Witch/wizard In Your Family & Environment ( Photos & Videos) / So You Dont Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.