Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha (3960 Views)

South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious :by Dr Olufunke Adeniyi / Yummylicious Abacha Recipe (with Pic). Spoil Yourself A Lil. / Abacha: Igbo Delicacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Iceman296: 12:50am On Oct 26, 2013
..Following This Recent Cholera Outbreak Linked to Abacha, It Reminded me of My University Days Back in the East because Abacha was Practically my Best Food then.

I Have Virtually Travelled To all Eastern states and Sometime I'm Mused over which of these State Prepared the Best Abacha. For me, I'd Say Enugu State Together with Their "Okpa"

Please Share your thoughts, Which Eastern state Do You think Prepares the best.

PS- I'm From Imo, So No Favoritism!

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Afam4eva(m): 12:52am On Oct 26, 2013
Enugu invented and prepares the best Abacha smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Iceman296: 1:33am On Oct 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Enugu invented and prepares the best Abacha smiley
True that. Abacha Have been Feeding Biafrans Since 1902.

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Mamacita007(f): 2:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Enugu hands down!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by bisi16(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2013
No dispute, enugu.. Am from anambra
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by MrMac10(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2013
Anambra 4 Life

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by EzePromoe: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Enugu

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
Enugu all the way. Other states can follow. #irepimostate

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by oluchijud(f): 12:19am On Oct 28, 2013
I've tasted abacha from different eastern region.. I feel d Isochi pple of Abia prepare it best... It's their native food, they'd rather eat abacha dan rice during festivities

2 Likes

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Iceman296: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
oluchi jud: I've tasted abacha from different eastern region.. I feel d Isochi pple of Abia prepare it best... It's their native food, they'd rather eat abacha dan rice during festivities
That's Interesting, I have Eaten that Of Abia But Haven't been to "Isochi".

Would love to try it though!
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Ununne(f): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2013
In my opinion I think its d Nsukka people of Enugu State. That food was a life saver in my Uni days.... The type from Oji River is so YUCK!!!!! *plenty ogiri, no garden egg leaves, no ugba, as if that's not enough they will garnish it with unwashed mangala fish*. I am from Anambra but I have the best recipe for abacha- the way I had it back then in Nsukka

2 Likes

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by ifysimple(f): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2013
Enugu state

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Danhumprey: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2013
Please,no offense. What is 'abacha'? Or better still,tell me the English name of the food. Thanks. smiley
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Iceman296: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2013
Danhumprey: Please,no offense. What is 'abacha'? Or better still,tell me the English name of the food. Thanks. smiley
Its Called "African Salad" Predominantly Eaten in the Eastern Part of the Country.

Would Try and get you a Picture of it.

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Dannylux: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Danhumprey: Please,no offense. What is 'abacha'? Or better still,tell me the English name of the food. Thanks. smiley

Abacha - Tapioca or African Salad

and the answer is ENUGU

I'm from Anambra..

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Danhumprey: 11:20am On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Danhumprey: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2013
Iceman296:
Its Called "African Salad" Predominantly Eaten in the Eastern Part of the Country.

Would Try and get you a Picture of it.
Thanks.
Dannylux:

and the answer is ENUGU

I'm from Anambra..
Thanks,bro.
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Iceman296: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dannylux:

and the answer is ENUGU

I'm from Anambra..

I'm Glad You All Agree with me that its Enugu. Theirs can be Compared to none.

But I heard there are Other Villages who prepares Abacha as their man Traditional Food. Some In Abia and Ebonyi Precisely!
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Biim: 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Abacha with ugba, kpomo, liver and fried fish make mega sense, I will give it to Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Lilimax(f): 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
bisi16: No dispute, enugu.. Am from anambra
Agreed!
They call it 'jigbo' in most towns in Enuguundecided!

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Lilimax(f): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
There's a particular type of Abacha they prepare
with Agbungbu or Fio-fio (pigeon pea in English).

Although not very popular but very
delicious and with good nutrition value cheesy
Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Teespice(f): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Enugu state makes the best abacha. Any other one na counterfeit.

1 Like

Re: Which Eastern State Prepares The Best Abacha by Iceman296: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lilimax: There's a particular type of Abacha they prepare
with Agbungbu or Fio-fio (pigeon pea in English).

Although not very popular but very
delicious and with good nutricious value cheesy
Interesting, I would Love to try this One!

Mods FP.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Avoid Eating Instant Noodles / Someone Please Explain How To Cook Vegetable Soup For Me / Elephant Killed At Zogirma Village In Kebbi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.