Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias (1404 Views)

PDP Condemns House Fracas, Accuses Buhari Of Bias / Godday Orubebe (PDP) Accuses Jega Of Bias / Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by asha80(m): 7:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by asha80(m): 7:11am On Oct 26, 2013
i have a funny feeling that ngige is beginning to see the handwriting on the wall. Somebody help me post the full article as i am using my phone.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Chino48: 7:26am On Oct 26, 2013
Asha you go pay for the post nah..
Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Chino48: 7:27am On Oct 26, 2013
By Onyebuchi Ezigbo
The All Progressives Congress ( APC) has expressed concern over an alleged plot by the Independent National Electoral Commission to favour the All Progressive Grand Alliance in the November 16, 2013 election.

However, INEC Spokesman, Mr. Kayode Idowu denied the allegation and insisted that the Commission was too responsible in discharging its duties to be partisan. He said, "INEC is a responsible and neutral umpire of the electoral process. It does it's job by established rules, not partisan whims. The claim is utterly baseless and there is no point event joining issues with the party".

The party also said it has uncovered plans by some elements within the Presidency to give support for the candidate of APGA, Chief Willy Obiano in an effort to humiliate APC during the gubernatorial contest.

Speaking in an interview with THISDAY, the Interim National Publicity Secretary of APC, Alhaji Lai Muhammed said judging from the outcome of the recent validation of voters register carried out by INEC in Anambra state, it is evident that the commission is biased in favour of APGA.

He accused the electoral body of tampering with the voters register in order to favour APGA.
"INEC already has shown its bias. You see in 2011 elections, there were about 2.1 million registered voters in Anambra state, but INEC came to say they were conducting verification of the register and the figure went down 1.8 million voters. The commission then carried out continuous registration for a month or so and they now say that the figure is 1.7 million.

"So clearly, INEC is tampering with the register and we have seen that it is in the areas where APC is perceived to be very strong, they have deliberately deleted and disenfranchised many people. Whereas in the areas where APGA is perceived to strong, they have manipulated figures upwards, he said.

Lai Muhammed also alleged that certain notorious elements known for their antecedents in rigging have been pencilled down for deployment by INEC to conduct the election.
According to him, APC has identified some of short listed officials as card-carrying members of the Peoples Democratic Party ((PDP).

"All these we will bring out to the open very soon. We are also aware that the commission has posted notorious riggers to preside over the election in Anambra and we shall resist their being deployed because their track record is clear for everybody to see.

"We know some of them who are card-carrying members of the PDP. Many of these officials are more PDP that even Mr. President or Bamanga Tukur. We are going to also alert the international community that the Federal government, INEC and the PDP are not keen on holding a free and fair election in Anambra state. Everything on the ground now indicates victory for APC in the Anambra election.

"We aware of the various plans by the Federal Government to ensure that the Anambra election will not be free and fair. Sources have clearly indicated that the only interest of the Federal government and the PDP especially is to humiliate APC. You know that PDP has lost out from contesting the election.

"What we see is that the November 16 election will be between Presidency, APC and then other parties. But we want to assure them that they will meet their waterloo, we know all the shenanigans they are planning and we will expose in due course.
"We also want to assure them that it will not be like the Delta Senatorial bye-election, we will be very vigilant and expose them before the election and during the election. We can assure them that they would not get away with the kind rigging they did in Delta," he said.

APC's Spokesman described as baseless, a report that suggested that there was a rift between it and the party's governorship candidate, Dr. Chris Ngige.

He said the party has been in the forefront of mobilizing support both financial and otherwise in aid of the campaign efforts in Anambra state.

"Both Tinubu and Governor Fashola hosted a fund raising dinner two Sundays ago in Marina, Lagos where millions of Naira were raised to support the campaign efforts of the Anambra Governorship candidate of APC, Dr. Chris Ngige.

"There is nothing that dominates the attention of APC than the Anambra governorship election. In fact our victory at the governorship poll is a top priority. We spend a greater part of our last meeting of the interim executive on Tuesday strategising on the Anambra election and later that evening we also held another meeting for more than three hours with the Ngige national campaign committee.

"The meeting was attended by several governors of APC where far-reaching decisions were arrived at, all about the Anambra election. Anybody who says that the leadership of APC has abandoned Ngige does not know what he is talking about; as matter of fact in a few weeks time key national leaders of APC will be relocating to Awka to lend their support to the campaign efforts, " he added.

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by asha80(m): 7:30am On Oct 26, 2013
i wonder if lai mohammed realises that a lot people are beginning to see him as a nuisance and a cry wolf.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Oduduwaisreal(m): 7:32am On Oct 26, 2013
[quote author=asha 80]i wonder if lai mohammed realises that a lot people are beginning to see him as a nuisance and a cry wolf.[/quote
I think you are the nuisance here

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by gregg2: 7:37am On Oct 26, 2013
As usual, the Liar is confused. First, he insinuates presidency is plotting to rig for APGA something doesn't add up is PDP not fielding a candidate? Later the jihadist claims INEC is deploying PDP card carrying members to supervise the election to rig for APGA?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Chino48: 7:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Ngige has accepted defeat already..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Turbocharged: 7:52am On Oct 26, 2013
asha 80: i wonder if lai mohammed realises that a lot people are beginning to see him as a nuisance and a cry wolf.

Oo! You are just begining? For a long time now I have known him to be that.
Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by gregg2: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2013
Chino48: Ngige has accepted defeat already..

Truth is, APC can never win Anambra this time even with Ngige's popularity among some sections of Anambra. He belongs to the wrong party and mingles with the wrong folks - simple! Tell me your friends and I'll tell you who you are.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Omexonomy: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2013
That was how dey cried in edo state
that was how dey cried in ondo and all south west state.
Go and ask oshiomole how he cried and almost died.
Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2013
Na so dem de do, APC is only Good at accusing inec, pdp and the presidency, they can never find anything Good in other people, tufiakwa.
Re: Anambra Guber:apc Accuses Inec,presidency Of Bias by gratieao: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2013
As matter of fact in a few weeks time key national leaders of APC will be relocating to Awka to lend their support to the campaign efforts, " he added.

Make una no forget come with ransom money o in case of any "kidna" boy's no de smile @ all

(1) (Reply)

Buy & Access Nigerian Email Addresses Phone Numbers @ Www.ohnewmedia.com / There ’ll Be Attempt On Jonathan’s Life This Year - Ayodele / My Experience In NAFDAC Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.