Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING (4028 Views)

Day-old Baby Found Inside Uncompleted Building In Ondo (pictured) / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. / 8–day-old Baby Drugged, Dumped In Uncompleted Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 26, 2013
Its nt been easy living in an uncompleted building. Our house is on a plot of land, duplex and a detached 1-storey building behind. Yet to b roofed, only ground floor inhabited.
Outdoor Groundfloor not yet plastered. Advised to roof first
Here r some of the challenges :
1. Neigbours use your house to describe theirs to strangers.
2. Folks and others see you as a very poor brat
3. You are an agent of mockery
4. You avoid arguement cos they might just shut u up with ur house..
5. The babes runaway after the first day of coming around.
6. You give excuses whenever a friend especially the lady says she want to pay you a visit..

7. People just shake ther head whenever they pass your house cos the edifice is so perfect and eye catching.

There are myriads of problem and most times, the thought of going home during the weekend could be nauseating.

Mum is busy taking care of the children, infact, she has sponsored two for masters. She believe shes investing for a better ending. Housing isnt her priority.
Pop man has tried is best and we acknowledge that too.

Right now, am thinking of how I will gather enough fund to complete our house b4 I even think of building mine. But @ d moment, bobos is hustling, cant afford such luxury now.
Great Forumite, I want to hear you guys speak on your views. Have you experience such? Just give ur advises.

Thank You!

Mod. Feel free to publicize it, its nothing confidential!

1 Like

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2013
[size=40]hmm[/size]
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 26, 2013
It's temporary. Just use some money to fill up the leaking part.

Try and keep the environment clean.
I have seen houses uncompleted, but everywhere around is neat.
It must not be complete before you start feeling good about yourself.
It's gradual process, so far you have a roof above your head.
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2013
Gracias!! Bt btw, no leaking part and the surroundings? Very neat..
D challenging aspect is d building which is yet to be roofed
Chillisauce: It's temporary. Just use some money to fill up the leaking part.

Try and keep the environment clean.
I have seen houses uncompleted, but everywhere around is neat.
It must not be complete before you start feeling good about yourself.
It's gradual process, so far you have a roof above your head.
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2013
Periopthalmus: Gracias!! Bt btw, no leaking part and the surroundings? Very neat..
D challenging aspect is d building which is yet to be roofed

It's nothing. So long it's been floored. Completing the building is like building another house, it will take time.

You can buy just 3 bucket of paint and work on the interior for the main time. Like that you feel comfortable for you and your guest.
Nothing to be ashamed of, your parents are trying to put your education first, which is a good thing, any babe that comes and leaves your house because it uncompleted, count yourself lucky to have escaped a gold digger smiley

5 Likes

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2013
Yea. Thanks
just finished works on water system (pumping machine) using the well (borehole sometimes in future). But some times I think its a misplaced priority..

For d interiors, gotcha #nice#
Chillisauce:

It's nothing. So long it's been floored. Completing the building is like building another house, it will take time.

You can buy just 3 bucket of paint and work on the interior for the main time. Like that you feel comfortable for you and your guest.
Nothing to be ashamed of, your parents are trying to put your education first, which is a good thing, any babe that comes and leaves your house because it uncompleted, count yourself lucky to have escaped a gold digger smiley
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by WisdomMe(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
My prob was dat doing my ND1 & 2 days in skul,I stayed wit my parents & my female frnds neva loved it cos dey want dia privacy wit me. Too bad den. It made me be de visiting type. If I want 2 arrange a girl,I'd go 2 any of my frnd's house available. If I want 2 go 4 night parties, I'd reason 1st wit my parents wit lies cos am frm a religious background
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by ifyalways(f): 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2013
^ what really are your worries? "You can't impress your female friends" or "the genuine need to improve on your living conditions " ?
Be grateful. One day at a time. Bad as you might think it is for you :
You are a landlord. You don't get HBP at the end of each month cos of rent. Under bridge and motor park squatters even pay rent each night in this lagos.
You are wayyyy better off than a lot of homeless peeps.

That your house na "Mansion" when compared to under bridge.

4 Likes

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Sure! That was encouraging.
ifyalways: ^ what really are your worries? "You can't impress your female friends" or "the genuine need to improve on your living conditions " ?
Be grateful. One day at a time. Bad as you might think it is for you :
You are a landlord. You don't get HBP at the end of each month cos of rent. Under bridge and motor park squatters even pay rent each night in this lagos.
You are wayyyy better off than a lot of homeless peeps.

That your house na "Mansion" when compared to under bridge.

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by sheniqua: 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
E go better
My father started with 20 pounds in 1970 and became a landlord in 1974
There is a God
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Yap Sire.. Am a Grad bt under employed @ d moment.. Hoping for d big shot soonest.
chaircover: My dear thank God for so many things.

Thank God that your parents are even together and can put their hands together to send you to school. Do you know how many peoples educational dreams have been cut short when a step mother comes into the picture.

If you dad was the irresponsible type will he even have a plot of land talk less of trying to put a roof over your heads

Thank God for health. God forbid if any of you had a serious medical condition, that house you turn your nose up now will go on sale.

Thank God that the land was not even taken by omo oniles or is in the middle of a land tussle.

Your parents will complete their house in Jesus name and they will live there. The house that people are pointing out, will become the most beautiful in the area in Gods time.

Your part of the deal is to face your studies and pass your exams so that all their efforts wont be in vain. As parents we pray that our children will do better than us, so guaranteed you will even build a better one.

Let people talk and laugh at you and your house . . . . .Its def not over until its over and Where there is life there is hope. You are a very lucky young man. As ify said, many people are renting in terrible terrible and squalid environments.
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Kanwulia: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Adult problems can only be solved by ADULTS ONLY!
Grow up child! kiss
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
i think you dont need to publicize yourself on nairaland.

whatever needs to be done can surely be figured out by you or whoever owns the house depending on how much you/they can afford at this time.

there is nothing anybody wants to tell you here that you couldnt have figured out on your own.

i hope you're not an illegal squatter? because the govt is cracking down on uncompleted buildings which are used as bases for criminal activity.
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
Wisdom-Me:
My prob was dat doing my ND1 & 2 days in skul,I stayed wit my parents & my female frnds neva loved it cos dey want dia privacy wit me. Too bad den. It made me be de visiting type. If I want 2 arrange a girl,I'd go 2 any of my frnd's house available. If I want 2 go 4 night parties, I'd reason 1st wit my parents wit lies cos am frm a religious background

i hope you didnt impregnate anybody during that time!

lord have mercy!
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by sheniqua: 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
tpia@:

whatever needs to be done can surely be figured out by you or whoever owns the house depending on how much you/they can afford at this time.

there is nothing anybody wants to tell you here that you couldnt have figured out on your own.

i hope you're not an illegal squatter? because the govt is cracking down on uncompleted buildings which are used as bases for criminal activity.

You have such a wicked heart

3 Likes

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
op

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by andyanders: 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
Periopthalmus: Yea. Thanks
just finished works on water system (pumping machine) using the well (borehole sometimes in future). But some times I think its a misplaced priority..

For d interiors, gotcha #nice#
I Wouldn't know why you are feeling bad with your present condition. Your parents are wise and have shown that by telling you that their priority is to make sure you guys as a disgrace rather, this present condition will be a reference point to your greater tomorrow. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
250 views so far and lesser comments.. Dats an indication that posting isnt a 10-unit course. You think you are blunt? Nah, u simply concluded ur write up with contradictions.
Anyways, thanks for d piece..
tpia@:

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
^ i do not believe everything i read on nairaland.

your saying you live in an uncompleted building doesnt mean you are the one living there, i dont have to take your word for it.

many crimes have been linked to people taking advantage of uncompleted buildings and using them as their base, and yes, there was a govt crackdown recently on such.

stop advertising yourself on nairaland if indeed your situation is what you described.

and why the heck is hanging out with girls your priority at this time?
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
sheniqua:

You have such a wicked heart

ok, let me attend to you now, why do you say so, ie whats the reason for your smear campaign.

i have a wicked heart, i am bitter, etc etc.

is this related to an upcoming event which i will know of soon?

any attacks on my person will not be ignored though. We will make it legal, I dont support cyber bullying or any form of bullying, good thing you live in america where the laws are followed and you can be tracked.

if you cant be tracked then seun can.

1 Like

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by greatgod2012(f): 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
@op, there is nothing to be ashamed or feel bad for here, this is how about 50% landlords started, and today their stories have changed, they are no longer under the threat or maltreatment of ungodly landlords or housing agents. Therefore, you need to be grateful to God first for the privilege He gave your parents and then to your parents for getting their priorities right.
I pray to God to continue to bless you and your folks to be able to build the house to completion and also give you and your folks the grace to enjoy it for long.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by greatgod2012(f): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
@tpia.......

Easy o, my sister.
Thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
^ ignore my post madam, i wasnt addressing you.

you've typed your own honey and sugar response, i think the op should have read it.

thanks.

we all know you're an angel.

unless you're the op sha, alternate moniker, or you need husband.
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hanging wit girls?
Well, amnt a kid, so dnt scold me on dat..

Our choice of words matter.. Every1 has his their avenue of finding solace.. U av to respect dat fact.

Dnt give condescending comments..
tpia@:
^ i do not believe everything i read on nairaland.

your saying you live in an uncompleted building doesnt mean you are the one living there, i dont have to take your word for it.

many crimes have been linked to people taking advantage of uncompleted buildings and using them as their base, and yes, there was a govt crackdown recently on such.

stop advertising yourself on nairaland if indeed your situation is what you described.

and why the heck is hanging out with girls your priority at this time?
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
are you respecting your parents by putting their business on a public forum?

you did not even go to property section, you and your cohorts brought it to family section for "mogbomoya".

who are you fooling?

certainly not me.

and yes, if your situation is as dire as you made it out to be, why should you be griping about girls at this time?

not even one girl k'aba so pe boya o tie serious die, its "girls". undecided

1 Like

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Public but faceless!
tpia@:
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
ok, if you think so!
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Face the content, 4get d personality.. Do u even know me? What diff will it make if its really my prob or jst a write up?
tpia@:

you did not even go to property section, you and your cohorts brought it to family section for "mogbomoya".

who are you fooling?

certainly not me.

and yes, if your situation is as dire as you made it out to be, why should you be griping about girls at this time?

not even one girl k'aba so pe boya o tie serious die, its "girls". undecided
Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by greatgod2012(f): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
tpia@:
^ ignore my post madam, i wasnt addressing you.

you've typed your own honey and sugar response, i think the op should have read it.

thanks.

we all know you're an angel.

unless you're the op sha, alternate moniker, or you need husband.

thank you ma grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In An UNCOMPLETED BUILDING by tpia5: 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
Periopthalmus: Face the content, 4get d personality.. Do u even know me? What diff will it make if its really my prob or jst a write up?

if it makes no difference then face front and quit looking for a pat on the back.

if you only want praise singers on the thread then state that in your opening post.

however, the security risk remains!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youngest Grandad Ever! (picture) / My Husband Disgusts Me / Why You Will Marry The Wrong Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.