Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? (5688 Views)

Please,how Effective Is The Mixture Of Lime And Lipton,in Weight Loss / Postinor How Effective Is It? / Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by villybest(f): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Please I want to ask health practitioners here, how effective is wrapping the tablets inside balls of swallow,as way of taking drug,because my children don't like taking it with any form of liquid,I always hide it inside eba.I hope it will still do its work in the body.
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by Coldfeet(f): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
I am not a health practitioner but I have had experience It does work! My mum gave wrapped tabs in eba to me as a child cos I couldn't stand their taste!! I do same for my lil girl too! She in particular won't even allow you near her with them! What I do is to hide it inside eba to give her and it still works.
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by doofanc: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2013
Don't do that o. I think it will destroy d drug. Drug must b swallow only with water or non alcoholic juice
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by joshuapharm(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
If it's a drug that must be taken with food, it's not bad. But if its one that must be taken on an empty stomach, les say ampicillin, then we'd av absorption problems and the drug myt not and most times won't give the desired effect. Then u also need to understand the action of heat on drugs, a very hot lump of eba myt just degrade ur drug b4 u swallow sef.. So u see, u shud always ask ur doctors AND pharmacists every info about ur drugs before you leave the hospital or pharmacy. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by Emmyk(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
It's effective. I use it on does drugs that will jeki ara e shey giri cheesy
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nothing is wrong with it biko
After all, the stomach churns all the contents it has: foods and drugs and convert them to chyme.
It also store the food before emptying everything into the intestines.

So, even when u don't mix ur drugs with garri, ur stomach wl do it for u

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by adeoladrg(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
U wont ever understand, would you?
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by adeoladrg(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
U know what? When next u av malaria and ur doctor prescribes halfan, go home, prepare eba and ogbono and take it with the drug. Now come back and tell me how it went.
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by Coldfeet(f): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
The op was talking about his kids! So the issue of hot eba can't come in cos no one feeds their kids hot eba! Especially not when you want to put tabs in it. Moreover to the poster above *halofantrine hydrochloride* (HALFAN) is NOT and SHOULD NOT be prescribed to kids. When next you want to counter someones opinion please do so SENSIBLY! Some drugs are meant to be taken on an empty stomach so op before you do that let you pharmacist know that your kid have issues taking drugs maybe he/she may prescribe one that doesn't require taking before meals.

2 Likes

Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by adeoladrg(m): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
Coldfeet: The op was talking about his kids! So the issue of hot eba can't come in cos no one feeds their kids hot eba! Especially not when you want to put tabs in it. Moreover to the poster above *halofantrine hydrochloride* (HALFAN) is NOT and SHOULD NOT be prescribed to kids. When next you want to counter someones opinion please do so SENSIBLY! Some drugs are meant to be taken on an empty stomach so op before you do that let you pharmacist know that your kid have issues taking drugs maybe he/she may prescribe one that doesn't require taking before meals.

Hian! Na fight? i didnt knoe, but still children shudnt take tablet, and if it bcoms necessary then it must be crushed and dispersed in water. Peace.
Re: How Effective Is Taking Medicine(tablets),wrapped With Balls Of Garri? by Coldfeet(f): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
adeola_drg:

Hian! Na fight? i didnt knoe, but still children shudnt take tablet, and if it bcoms necessary then it must be crushed and dispersed in water. Peace.
You don't get it still do you? All good though! peace to you too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidney Disease More Prevalent Cause Of Death In Nigeria Than Aids And Malaria / Ogun Confirms 2 New COVID-19 Cases / “some Girls Intentionally Get Pregnant And Abort Just To Have Big Boobs” – Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.