Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon (5018 Views)

★ 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Tiwa Savage’s Husband, Teebillz - Timenaija.com / Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) / 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Kim Kardashian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by nenergy(m): 12:59am On Oct 27, 2013
Mavis Beacon is more than a fictional character created for the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing software. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about her.

• Mavis Beacon debuted as simply a photo of a model on the software's packaging in 1987.

• The model chosen to be the face of Mavis was Haitian-born Renee Lesperance who was discovered working behind the perfume counter at Saks 5th Avenue Beverly Hills by one of the software developers, in 1985.

• Mavis's name comes from a combination of Mavis Staples (one of the software developer's favorite singers) and the word beacon (an allusion to her role as a guide to typing).

• Because of Mavis Beacon's race, some retailers were initially reluctant to display the product. However, once the popularity of the program became evident, many of these distributors reversed their decision and began to display the line of software bearing Mavis Beacon's image.

• There have been several models chosen to represent the confident efficiency of Mavis Beacon; her image changes to represent a "modern professional typing instructor."

• Mavis Beacon is often thought to be a living or historical figure by the public. This confusion has led many to contact the software developers seeking to speak to, interview, or book Mavis for an event.

• As a result of Mavis Beacon's continuous use in computer typing software, and her image on millions of software boxes, many consumers have reported confabulations (false memories) of Mavis Beacon winning typing contests or appearing on talk shows.

Compiled using information from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavis_Beacon
Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by jhydebaba(m): 1:06am On Oct 27, 2013
6 things I know about her

1. She's female
2. She's not male
3. She's not a Nigerian
4. She's goes to the toilet
5. She takes her bath
6. She's the face of Mavis Beacon
Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by talk2hb1(m): 1:24am On Oct 27, 2013
jhydebaba: 6 things I know about her

1. She's female
2. She's not male
3. She's not a Nigerian
4. She's goes to the toilet
5. She takes her bath
6. She's the face of Mavis Beacon

grin grin grin
Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by Hogbemisola(m): 1:42am On Oct 27, 2013
I love Mavis Beacon
Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by fr3do(m): 3:42am On Oct 27, 2013
Her voice dey ginger my typing

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by Gee001: 6:04am On Oct 27, 2013
Yeah I remember her back then when I started my computer classes, was thinking she was just λ mere fictional character. Never knew there was more I needed to know. Tnx. Op abeg whr she from again?

Ok Haiti *zooms off

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by nenergy(m): 7:07am On Oct 27, 2013
Gee001: Yeah I remember her back then when I started my computer classes, was thinking she was just λ mere fictional character. Never knew there was more I needed to know. Tnx. Op abeg whr she from again?

Ok Haiti *zooms off
Zoom off to do wetin?lol
Re: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Mavis Beacon by Abbey2sam(m): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2013
I don book space be that o

(1) (Reply)

Ladies See Kinds Of Positions That Make Men Smile When Making Love / Regina Daniels Finally Acting Her Real Age [PICS] / Nina Ivy Dances Pantless In A Net Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.