Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) (1661 Views)

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! / Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge / Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 3:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Just what it reads above.

Let's roll, if:
- You post on Nairaland,
- And you're in Yankee, which for our purposes refers to all of USA (and Planet Earth), not just New England. grin

What's the latest over here:
- Congress and government shutdown, now reopened at least till beginning of next year;
- Immigration Reform, which they will not do despite all their mouthing off;
- Slight winter has hit the S.E.;
- JeSoul still missing. shocked

Discuss anything and everything, not limited to just USA news.

A sort of "lounge," if you like. cheesy
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by fr3do(m): 3:21am On Oct 27, 2013
'Nairalanding from The USA'
Biitch its the world wide web!
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 3:46am On Oct 27, 2013
fr3do: 'Nairalanding from The USA'

Hey you little bastardo. Face your studies at Uniben and lay off the ganja before you graduate to heroin. It makes you stupid. Olodo.
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by tpia5: 3:53am On Oct 27, 2013
what is all this.

and why are you all over the place these days, thought you limited yourself to general section and o ye my people.

did you win the lottery or something?
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by tpia5: 4:05am On Oct 27, 2013
and you already have a " lounge here",

https://www.nairaland.com/590933/buzugee-nairaland-want-talk-living

why do you need another one?

gosh, you and your gang are insufferable.
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by tpia5: 4:05am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by tpia5: 4:07am On Oct 27, 2013
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by Omexonomy: 6:26am On Oct 27, 2013
Eating and packing white mans sh1t in yankee coming hear to open ur smelling mouth
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by fr3do(m): 6:26am On Oct 27, 2013
isale_gan2:

Hey you little bastardo. Face your studies at Uniben and lay off the ganja before you graduate to heroin. It makes you stupid. Olodo.

The idio.t really got time
He even viewed my profile
Nigga get a job
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 11:30am On Oct 27, 2013
tpia@:

You and I can talk in here. It's cool. cheesy
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by tpia5: 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
You really think you're all that, dont you?

Did i at any time indicate i wanted to talk with you?

Who are you?

Nbo lo ti ja wa?
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
It's a brand new week.

So, what's happening in USA today? undecided

- Lots of talk about "what Obama knew and when he knew it" about NSA eavesdropping on European leaders personal communications!

That line is so tired! undecided

Is it possible a whole president wouldn't know about his country's security policies? Give us a break!

- Some talk of Racial Profiling by high end department store Barney's;
- Anti-Obama senator Ted Cruz in the news - about where he was born and his own eligibility for presidency of the USA;
- The doctor imprisoned for contributing to Michael Jackson's death has completed his sentence;
- This horrible crime news (below) from the Northeast:

Mother, four children killed with meat cleaver in New York
http://news.yahoo.com/mother-four-children-killed-meat-cleaver-york-004625168.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York woman and her four young children were hacked to death with a meat cleaver in their Brooklyn home, and the father's cousin was charged with their murders on Sunday, the New York Police Department said.

Responding to an emergency call on Saturday night, police found two boys, two girls and their mother with multiple wounds at their home in Brooklyn's Sunset Park neighborhood.

Ming Dong Chen, the 25-year-old cousin of the children's father, was at the home and was taken into custody. He was charged with five counts of murder, criminal possession of a weapon and assaulting a police officer, a police spokesman said.

Three of the children were found dead at the scene. The woman and one of the children were later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

The victims were identified as William Zhuo, 1; Kevin Zhuo, 5; Amy Zhuo, 7; Linda Zhuo, 9; and Qiao Zhen Li, 37.

Li's husband returned home after the police arrived and is not suspected of any involvement in the killings, police said.

Police declined to discuss a possible motive for the killings.
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
fr3do: 'Nairalanding from The USA'

tpia@:
what is all this.

and why are you all over the place these days, thought you limited yourself to general section and o ye my people.

did you win the lottery or something?

tpia@:

tpia@:
still more:

https://www.nairaland.com/633694/naijababe-discusses-everything-living-abroad

tpia@:
https://www.nairaland.com/841432/current-migration-trends-nigerians-african#9918429

tpia@:
You really think you're all that, dont you?

Did i at any time indicate i wanted to talk with you?

Who are you?

Nbo lo ti ja wa?

Omexonomy: Eating and packing white mans sh1t in yankee coming hear to open ur smelling mouth

fr3do:

The idio.t really got time
He even viewed my profile
Nigga get a job

This thread has a lot of potential. It's my favourite one I've ever created. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin Very promising. wink
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by Jbluv55(m): 12:47am On Oct 31, 2013
isale_gan2:

This thread has a lot of potential. It's my favourite one I've ever created. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin Very promising. wink

OK......So if I may ask :
what kind of discussions exactly do you plan to have in this thread to get it to 100 pages? tongue

And what's d mystery behind ur moniker? smiley

And what's d connection btw you n tpia@? wink
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 1:11am On Oct 31, 2013
I'm not going to waste energy speculating on the motivation for some NLers' behaviour, puh-leeze! I'm not a psychotherapist. undecided

More important, I have no idea how the thread will turn out. It depends how much time I devote to updating it. lol. I've created other threads that have generated lots of posts before. * We can discuss anything. * I noticed there are a couple of special interest "lounges" here, so why not one for USA folks (and their buddies)? cheesy

This one is just a way to get more posters interacting in this section. This area of NL has seen better days; cry It used to be a very hot section full of lively debate and funny characters. cool

My moniker means Isale-Gangan; At the time I registered, in 2010, the maximum character in the name field was 10, so I had to do Gan "squared." Get it? wink
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by Jbluv55(m): 1:25am On Oct 31, 2013
*We can discuss anything*
Really? Anything as in ANYTHING? grin
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 2:01am On Oct 31, 2013
Jbluv55:
Really? Anything as in ANYTHING? grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm gonna check your posts. You sound like trouble. Only registered in August, and already have 2k posts! Of course, it's easy to rack that up in Forum games. tongue

Anything, as in, the thread is not about a specific event or news item. Use your discretion. lol. I can't tell you what to post. smiley lipsrsealed

BTW, (temporary) moderator, please un-hide my hidden post o. I wasn't responding to anyone. Spambot didn't like me editing a large photo out of the post.
Shukran, Mukinatudeen. wink
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by Jbluv55(m): 4:21am On Oct 31, 2013
isale_gan2:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm gonna check your posts. You sound like trouble. Only registered in August, and already have 2k posts! Of course, it's easy to rack that up in Forum games. tongue

Anything, as in, the thread is not about a specific event or news item. Use your discretion. lol. I can't tell you what to post. smiley lipsrsealed

BTW, (temporary) moderator, please un-hide my hidden post o. I wasn't responding to anyone. Spambot didn't like me editing a large photo out of the post.
Shukran, Mukinatudeen. wink
Trust me, my type of trouble is the type you'd love to invite grin so don't be in a hurry to run away from ur own thread just yet.
So as a newbie to ur corner don't you think courtesy demands you give me a comfy sit, maybe some Chinese food and some red wine? wink
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
Jbluv55:
Trust me, my type of trouble is the type you'd love to invite grin so don't be in a hurry to run away from ur own thread just yet.
So as a newbie to ur corner don't you think courtesy demands you give me a comfy sit, maybe some Chinese food and some red wine? wink

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How did you know I'm likely to run if it gets too hot dicey? undecided You know me from somewhere? shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by Jbluv55(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
isale_gan2:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked How did you know I'm likely to run if it gets too hot dicey? undecided You know me from somewhere? shocked shocked shocked
*strolls into room, finds it dusty n filled wt cobwebs.....uses one of the party clothes @ the corner to clean a chair, sits down and reads the note she left for me, writes a reply......*

Why not let's wait 4 it to get that hot dicey for us 2 determine dearie...wink

Meanwhile abt knowing you? Not fully yet but am willing to get to (if you r nice to me wink).
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by blacksta(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fluff things here again

ok

since we are browsing the web from the USnairlanding from the USA -I rep New York ( Utica Avenue) grin
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Daylight Saving time has ended. Back to Standard Time.

In March, we spring forward;
In November, we fall backward.

Eastern time went from 8am to 7 a.m. currently.

You'll notice it is brighter outside at this time than it was yesterday morning.

Nigeria is now 6 hours ahead. undecided

[img]http://theobamacrat.files./2013/03/kids-spring-forward-5x7-85-ppi.jpg?w=468&h=334[/img]
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Blacksta, you've come with your wahala. grin

Jbluv55:
Not fully yet but am willing to get to (if you r nice to me wink).

grin grin grin grin cheesy

I'm not nice to anyone. angry

smiley
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by blacksta(m): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
isale_gan2: Daylight Saving time has ended. Back to Standard Time.

In March, we spring forward;
In November, we fall backward.

Eastern time went from 8am to 7 a.m. currently.

You'll notice it is brighter outside at this time than it was yesterday morning.

Nigeria is now 6 hours ahead. undecided

[img]http://theobamacrat.files./2013/03/kids-spring-forward-5x7-85-ppi.jpg?w=468&h=334[/img]
Wow - Are you serious - Newest finding this century
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
tongue
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by blacksta(m): 10:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Foreign Affairs 0000000000000000000 grin

wetin concern the above with the Obama spying on it citzens and world leaders grin
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
This is the lounge. Whazzamata wiv you? angry
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by Jbluv55(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
Interesting. Is an alien Nairalander allowed into this Lounge this day?
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by blacksta(m): 12:10am On Nov 05, 2013
isale_gan2: This is the lounge. Whazzamata wiv you? angry

sitting room or parlour - LOL

you may have opened this thread in the wrong section - I would leave that to you and the mods -

Anyway Isale Adogan Part 2 - what was the discussion topic again tongue
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
So, we had biennial elections all over the place yesterday.

In some localities and jurisdictions in the U.S., the first Tuesday in November every year, is Election Day.

This Off-year Election, some of the big contests were:

The former chairman of the Democratic Party, Terry McAuliffe, is now the Governor-Elect of the state of Virginia. McAuliffe was always one these very dogged and aggressive debaters. Never backing down when challenged. The kind of guy you want on your side when the going gets tough. A real bulldog. hahahaha. Seen him lots of times on Meet the Press and those other politico shows. He's a mixture of old style Chicago Ward politics and the new highly-educated refined attractive image-conscious progressive. I'm not sure I like his politics - Haven't followed VA politics and I hate the Clintons who were his buddies. I just remember him being fun to watch under intense discussions or interviews.

Christie is re-elected governor of New Jersey. And his very well-known though unannounced campaign for the 2016 presidential election begins.

DeBlasio is elected Mayor of New York.

http://www.nytimes.com/news/election-2013/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2013

In Atlanta, the very popular and well-respected Mayor Kasim Reed, who reminds me of Gov. Fashola of Lagos, won re-election with 84% of the vote.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/23877984/voters-to-cast-ballots-for-atlanta-mayor

P.S. Edited; I must have woken up and thought it was November 2014. undecided shocked
Re: We Built This City: Nairalanding From The USA (LOUNGE) by isalegan2: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Jbluv55: Interesting. Is an alien Nairalander allowed into this Lounge this day?

Alien? undecided

Hey, look! It's Nitlad. angry

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asia's Billionaires See Fastest Wealth Growth: Report / Robert Mugabe Claims His VP Hired Nigerian Babalawos To Kill Him / 5 Facts About French Presidential Election Front Runner Emmanuel Macron's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.