Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (105599 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2011
This is a general thread to continue our discussion re: America, Life Abroad, whether Buzugee is a misogynist or simply looking out for the womenfolk, etc.

This should get you started.  I have to go but will add to this when I return.  Meanwhile, it's your show, Badagry. cheesy Go on and elaborate.

buzugee:

i totally feel your pain bro. i currently live in america and it is an extremely stressful country. very harsh place to live. wouldnt wish it on my enemy.

buzugee:

so OP do not listen to any of these armchair psychoanalysts, psychologists, psychiatrists, mind benders and pseudo-soothsayers. go in search of your happiness in nigeria BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE do not leave america until you have enough money to buy a small house for yourself in nigeria. dunno what house prices are like in nigeria but i am assuming you should be able to get a bungalow for 40 thousand dollars. so try to make some more money. do overtime or whatever it takes to get that money. then go off in search of your happiness.

buzugee:

best ever advice yet. and the person is a 'she' ? please dont spend your fertile and beautiful years in misery in america like so many nigerian women do. before they know it they are over 30, angry, no longer attractive, husbandless and irate in america. i see em in chicago all the time  grin grin grin grin

isale_gan2:

Buzugee or Badagry or whatever you call yourself. tongue I'm gonna rake you over the coals for your not-so-subtle misogynistic "utterances" one day when I'm feeling up to kicking some butt, ok? We'll meet again. wink

buzugee:

lmao you know my intention was not to be misogynistic. i am speaking from experience. i have family members who are female in exactly the same predicament. middle aged, no kids, living alone, in america, and not too happy but dont want to go to nigeria for fear of the unknown. (extended not nuclear family)
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2011
elaborate kini ? grin grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 1:44am On Jan 23, 2011
Badagry,

Don't make me reach into this computer O.  I'll grab your neck with one hand and slap your face off with the other! cheesy Capisce?!

In this thread:

- We will delve into the challenges of living abroad - foreign affairs wink

- We shall provide therapy and support to our fellow Naijas abroad

- We shall attempt to answer general foreign affairs questions from all Naijas or send them somewhere else, preferably to the Romance secction - hehehehe

- We shall give advice on anything and everything to those Naijas living abroad or with family abroad

- We will tackle the age-old question, "what is the meaning of life and what is my purpose in the world?"  Or better still, "which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

- Using your very eloquent and timely presentation, we shall see if you and I can combine our resources and form an entity (be it charitable, for-profit, educational) that will bring together expatriate Naija bachelorettes with Naija bachelors looking to emigrate to Europe or the Americas. * This idea only occurred to me when I saw the below:
buzugee:

all my big sisters friends after years of not finding hubby in england all moved to nigeria in their late thirties. today they all live in lekki and victoria island with their husbands in big houses and 1 or 2 kids. their british 'glow' brought the men to their milkshake as soon as they landed in naija  grin grin
my milkshake brings the boys to the yard  grin

- I also wish to extend my very analytical and problem-solving mind to help Badagry; I see he is world-weary:
i currently live in america and it is an extremely stressful country. very harsh place to live. wouldnt wish it on my enemy.

If you fight me on this, Badagry, I will simply change the name and take away your 15 minutes of NL fame. 

* We will not be doing this; I am not a pi-mp.  I can't speak for Badagry though.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2011
You guys really suck!  smiley

All right, this is my hideout

I'll check back when you come to your senses and admit you need help (I know I do), or when I'm bored.  wink
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2011
sorry!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2011
Go ahead.  Be mean.  You know why I'm seeking out my own lair.  So I won't be in someone's hair.  Hee!  It rhymes.  smiley

I'm out.  tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2011
Oh, man! So that is how it feels to see my edited post. Don't do it. I'll stop!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2011
Bestest of the best vocalists, I kid you not. 

Eva Cassidy:

Fields of Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwDYBWEDSc

People Get Ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-gqfAaHos

Oh had I a Golden Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0kEQSrqu8c

Wayfaring Stranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDyE98AGzw&feature=fvst
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:10am On Jan 24, 2011
More Eva Cassidy:

Songbird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFo1pu4q7Q

I know You By Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDy3lQYPzS4

Autumn Leaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXYu-3r1S8

Wade In The Water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikkxdg3zatE

Ok. No more Eva for a while.  And one last edit, maybe.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:02am On Jan 24, 2011
Fields Of Gold, original by Sting
This version re-arranged and sung by Eva Cassidy

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Among the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in fields of gold

So she took her love for to gaze awhile
In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold

Will you stay with me will you be my love
And you can tell the sun in his jealous sky

I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We will walk in fields of gold
We'll walk in fields of gold

I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We will walk in fields of gold
We'll walk in fields of gold

Many years have passed since those summer days
See the children run as the sun goes down
As you lie in fields of gold

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 7:14am On Jan 24, 2011
hmm what is this topic about?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:41am On Jan 24, 2011
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 8:18am On Jan 24, 2011
People get ready, original by Curtis Mayfield
Rearranged and sung by Eva Cassidy

People get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear diesels are hummin'
You don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord

People get ready for the train to Jordan
Picking up passengers from coast to coast
Faith is the key, open the doors and board 'em
There's room for all, not the loved and lost.

Now there ain't no room for the hopeless sinner
Who's hard on mankind just to save his own
Have pity on those whose chances are thinner
'Cause there's no hiding place from the Kingdom's storm

Oh people get ready, there's a train a comin'
You don't need no baggage, you just get on board
All you need is faith to hear diesels hummin'
You don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord

I'm getting ready
I am ready yeah
Oh, I'm getting ready
I am ready yeah
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2011
Today in America:

All the U.S. morning news shows are saying Oprah's (this month's big publicity stunt is that she's) got a secret to reveal.  Today, I guess.   

Who gives a crap?  Is she finally going to confirm?:
- No one knows who her real daddy is cos . . .  lipsrsealed
- That she's a semi-literate heifer who wouldn't know a good book if it fell on her head; Book Club ko Meat Club ni
- That . . . .

Okay, I'll be nice.  I'm not on the Oprah parade.  'Tis all a bunch of hype.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2011
You ve got something against Oprah?

So as not to derail: WHats the point of this thread again?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2011
Whatever.  What do you want?  Do you not like my thread?

Oops.  Forgot the  smiley

P.S. Stranger, did you like any of the songs?  Do you know anything about Eva Cassidy?  I'm sure there is one very important thing about her you should already know if you searched on her at all.

This thread is already derailed. Talk about anything you want.  I'm gonna let it evolve into my general/all-purpose thread.  I don't care to talk about Oprah - posted it cos it was the 1st "news story" I saw this morning.

How have you been the last couple of days?  How was your weekend?  How's your life abroad? (on-topic for foreign affairs.)  cool
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 25, 2011
awww, so obvious that fstranger has a thing for Isale_gan grin grin Isale, treat my little brother right, occassionaly you might feel the need to pour hot grit on his kikini lol. fight against that urge.

@Isale_

Where in abroad are you?

And I'm looking to move up north (i.e maine, NY, NJ, etc) in a few (very few) months. . . . for jobs and schooling. What type of challenges should I be looking forward to?

I.e, environmental challenges, services, job search, the people etc.

No no, unlike buzugee, am not looking for romance. . . . married, 6 kids.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:25am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

awww, so obvious that fstranger has a thing for Isale_gan grin grin Isale, treat my little brother right, occassionaly you might feel the need to pour hot grit on his kikini lol. fight against that urge.

@Isale_

Where in abroad are you?

And I'm looking to move up north (i.e maine, NY, NJ, etc) in a few (very few) months. . . . for jobs and schooling. What type of challenges should I be looking forward to?

Come to Jersey, i will host you till you find your feet

Only if you can cut it at Princeton, though! grin grin grin

Can you think as fast as moi?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:29am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@Isale_

Where in abroad are you?

Ileke, I'm never sure if you're kidding about the husband and kids. Really. smiley  

I live in the SE.

Your little brother is a terror.  This is what he said before, and I'm not gonna let him forget it.  I think it was all a joke though, poor lad.  smiley

fstranger1:

^^^^

I sense a coup here

Anyway, it is with joy and warm heart that I announce to every one on NL that I just closed the deal on Isale_gan2. I have just booked my ticket to Isale Eko to see her parents and in due time we will announce our engagement programme.

PS: I here by declare that all statement made in this post are true complete and correct to the best of my knowledge, and no other person may communicate, directly or indirectly, with my Isale_gan2 without  my permission.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:33am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke,
Stranger called me the female Becomrich cos I was in this thread talking to myself.  hehehehe.  He edited his post.  I guess he thought I was mad.  Not at all.

Stranger,
Badagry is blowing kisses at me in the other thread.  angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:35am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

awww, so obvious that fstranger has a thing for Isale_gan  grin grin Isale, treat my little brother right, occassionaly you might feel the need to pour hot grit on his kikini lol. fight against that urge.

@Isale_

Where in abroad are you?
isale_gan2:

I live in the SE.

SE is too broad, which state?

PS: Ileke is around 21 or 22. She is still in college and still calls her mom like a lil girl.  I was told by people who know her very well.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:40am On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

PS: Ileke is around 21 or 22. She is still in college and still calls her mom like a lil girl.  I was told by people who know her very well.

Georgia.

I know.  With Ileke, she's either 23 or 33 or 43/44.  Then she calls you her little bro.  Leaves me befuddled cos I'm hoping you're much older than that.

Did you really finish college in 2007?  That's USA right? 

P.S. That would mean you're under 30. Don't tell me. sad
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:44am On Jan 25, 2011
What does this look to you?

22 or 44?

I will take it down as soon as you are done analyzing it:
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:46am On Jan 25, 2011
I can't see squat. I'll wait. smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

PS: Ileke is around 21 or 22. She is still in college and still calls her mom like a lil girl.  I was told by people who know her very well.

Nothing wrong with that. I've called her 7 times today sef. . . . se ko si? I cannot love my mother again? grin

21 or 22? far off.Try 43-44

@Isale
SE . . . like Texas? nah. . . . South anything is it for me jor.

Yes, I'm serious. Married, 6 kids. Very content.

I guess I'll leave you and your pushkin to discuss. Got some assignment to finish  smiley (Advice: Always keep a steel frying pan close, anytime he's around lol)
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:51am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nothing wrong with that. I've called her 7 times today sef. . . . se ko si? I cannot love my mother again? grin

21 or 22? far off.Try 43-44

@Isale
SE . . . like Texas? nah. . . . South anything is it for me jor.

Yes, I'm serious. Married, 6 kids. Very content.

I guess I'll leave you and your pushkin to discuss. Got some assignment to finish smiley (Advice: Always keep a steel frying pan close, anytime he's around lol)

Oh, ok. Ileke. I expect him to go to Poltics in a minute. There's all kinds fight brewing over there.

Hey. Just saw your pic. Are you DD? Terrible question, but I've been that since I was like 13. Horrible at the time. smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:52am On Jan 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

Oh, ok. Ileke. I expect him to go to Poltics in a minute. There's all kinds fight brewing over there.

Hey. Just saw your pic. Are you DD? Terrible question, b[b]ut I've been that since I was like 13. [/b] Horrible at the time. smiley

Thats Awesome!

Wait a minute: whatz DD?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:54am On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

Thats Awesome!

Wait a minute: whatz DD?

Double Deaf. Deaf in both ears.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 25, 2011
@isale

I'm AA on one, ZZ on another. I'm just freaky like that.

Tell your boy to stop posting that picture. That was me from 20 yrs ago. My babies have suckled them dry.

isale_gan2:

Double Deaf. Deaf in both ears.

ROTFL ROTFL!!

OMG!!! You guys will not kill me today grin grin grin grin

Double Dang!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:56am On Jan 25, 2011
isale_gan2:

Double Deaf.  Deaf in both ears.
grin grin grin grin

How did you know she is deaf from just looking at her picture?

Iyami osoronga much?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:58am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

@isale

I'm AA on one, ZZ on another. I'm just freaky like that.

Tell your boy to stop posting that picture. That was me from 20 yrs ago. My babies have suckled them dry.

ROTFL ROTFL!!

OMG!!! You guys will not kill me today grin grin grin grin

Double Dang!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Your assignment will not get done tonight. I will keep you here with all kinds of revelations. hehehe.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:01am On Jan 25, 2011
Ileke,
Have you heard of Eva Cassidy before? If not, click on "Fields of Gold" or "People Get Ready" YouTube links. Great Singer. I've known of her for a decade. Interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) / How To Check If Your Sim Is Registered: Mtn; Glo; Etisalat; Airtel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.