Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions (25458 Views)

BBM on iPhone and related issues / BBM On Android And Related Issues / How Can I Used BBM On Wifi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by alotofgrace(m): 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2013
virtuoso01:
(3). What is the future of other mobile IM services like WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber etc. Especially WhatsApp?.

Something tells me that if WhatsApp does not step up its game soon, they could well have an exodus on their hands.

that is particularly untrue!
whatsapp does not only run on bb , android, and iOS....roger that?
the only step up needed by whatsapp is to include file sharing
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by wabbyland(m): 2:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
the bbm is over-hyped. though I have it on my phone, it just sucks when u try to change your dip. someone help me out. pls no insults or offensive replies. thanks
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
VOTE AND WIN On Ma Signature NOWW! U Might be the lucky one!
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
OCTAVO:
Oga, I will only comment about your post in bold. Do you think everyone give a hoot about bbm?
Whatsapp is exceptionally cross platform for your info. Do you know how many millions of java phone user using whatsapp? Lest I mention windows os phones too. Bbm is only restricted to bb, android and ios. So, evidently, it is bbm that still needs to sit up in order to catch up with whatsapp (if it ever will).

Question for you? How many people still use java phones. You'll have to be a caveman to still be using one. Windows OS. Dont know of many users on that either.

On your question as to whether everyone gives a hoot about bbm. BBM had over 10 million downloads on Google Play Store alone. That is besides the figures on apple store too. So Mr. It looks like you are the only one who doesnt give a hoot, which seriously I doubt cos if you didnt, you wouldnt be posting.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
alotofgrace:

that is particularly untrue!
whatsapp does not only run on bb , android, and iOS....roger that?
the only step up needed by whatsapp is to include file sharing

......and the fact that whatsapp is notoriously insecure. You don't believe me? Then wait till your phone gets stolen and see what happens. It took me 2 weeks of back and forth mails to deactivate it. It so happens that the stolen fon was a blackberry and the whatsapp was installed on it. A simple log on to another phone with the new bbm using my existing BBID was all it took to transfer the id on the new phone. And that took less than 5 mins. 2 weeks down the line and I have still not deactivated the whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by thelastmediator: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
I tried to download it from Google play but got a message that my device is not compatible. my device is SG tab2, 10.1, any hope?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ruq: This don't even need to ponder on. The creation of the BBM app just proved that every BlackBerry device just got shitier than what it was before. I can tell you people never saw this coming, it just goes to tell you that what BlackBerry users have been buying all this while is a well designed phone that already has an in built and personal messenger.

Just like a tweet said. 'Downloading the BBM app is like buying five remotes for the same TV'. See you now have BBm app, i'm sure you have the likes of whatsaap, wechat and the others. Now think of someone who has all these apps plus 2go, nimbuzz and the rest. When you have all these apps on your phone like I do, with the same list of friends in all the apps, tell me what's the point ? and even whatsapp works on BB devices so Downloading five different apps to chat with the same group of people is kind of pointless and dont leave out that most of this friends you can also chat with on FB. RIM didn't do their research well.

IMO the creation of whatsapp just made me know that BB devices are just hyped and are not for app driven people like me. Till today I don't regret ever getting a Bb even if at one point i was thinking of getting one.

No one asked if you regretted not getting a bb although the fact that you mention it suggests you really did regret not getting one. Hey!, you downloaded it, so whats your fuss. And I'm sure you kept your eyes peeled for when RIM finally decided to launch. 10 million downloads in less than 24 hours and some critter still says RIM didn't do their research well? Common, does whatsapp has that record? NO APP IN THE WORLD HAS THAT RECORD.

Dude, you said it yourself, the blackberry phones are well designed. GREAT admission from a clueless BB critic.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
thelastmediator: I tried to download it from Google play but got a message that my device is not compatible. my device is SG tab2, 10.1, any hope?

Try updating your OS.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by odizeey(m): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
twosquare: More than voice note people ...BBM cannot send videos whereby Whatsapp can.....And voice note is not perfect on BBM...u can only record live before sending (don't know if am wrong ) while on whatsapp u can choose an already recorded voice, even a music and send it 2 d other party.....Whatsapp rocks...BBM still got some catching up to do
my broda,goto send>file>den u will b directed to whr ur video or audio or any file is. Thank u
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by longjohnsilver: 3:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
princefunmi:

Question for you? How many people still use java phones. You'll have to be a caveman to still be using one. Windows OS. Dont know of many users on that either.

On your question as to whether everyone gives a hoot about bbm. BBM had over 10 million downloads on Google Play Store alone. That is besides the figures on apple store too. So Mr. It looks like you are the only one who doesnt give a hoot, which seriously I doubt cos if you didnt, you wouldnt be posting.
Dude the fact the you and your friends don't use java phones anymore doesn't mean others don't use it , Mr I LIVE IN THE SKY...so wat if BBM has 10 million downloads...what were u expecting before, this is plain simple..it was newly released and since it is free for you to download all you lose is some data in downloading lobatan...had it been that it had a price tag for downloading do you think the download would be that much...abeg make we hear word jhur...
And on whatsapp you can block contacts..even tho the block contacts can still read ur status but he can't send u msg (almost d same as deleting on bbm)..although I rock both bbm and whatsapp and odas IMs...at the end of the say shebi na to chat...just go with the flow jhur

2 Likes

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by UsaNumber: 3:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
You can get a US phone number for making and receiving calls and sms at http://www.usacallsms.com
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Sike(m): 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2013
Excuse me please, who has a Blackberry charger here?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Mozzyb1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
with WhatsApp hider app. u can hide ur last seen. no one will know when u are online and d last time u come online. so with that I still believe WhatsApp remain the best.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by odizeey(m): 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Dis una hiding n last seen mata sef tire me o,u download watsapp to hide? If u think u r too important den don't download,credit stiLl dey market. Na by force to chat?
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by nonny1212: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
7b023b67... Both male and female friends.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Kelprince22(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2013
I cant install d bbm on my tecno l3 ooooo wat is wrong
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by chiefololade: 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
Though I am presently using tecno to ping but was a constant bb user since 2011. When I switched to tecno I didn't really enjoy whatsapp for the following reasons
1. Privacy is so poor in such a way that you will just see anybody on your chat and I so much hate the last seen feature cos people will be disturbing you and still blame you for not replying them.
2. Typing on bbm is more efficient than on whatsappdont know if anyone has ever noticed this... Irrespective of the keyboard of your device, they are different.
3. Present Status of whatsapp affects the operation of the phone.. try putting your status in offline.
4. Viewing profile picture is not so good as the picture will have to load for some seconds before it can be clear.
5. The messenger comes with an expiry date

2 Likes

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by jjagz: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
OP, I disagree, with your BBM for all, so data plan for all. I wrote something about it on another thread. Amma search and bring it here.

All data used in legacy BB phones pass
through blackberry's data centers which
compress the data heavily so that the
bandwidth eventually used is so small
that networks can afford to give out
bogus data plans without stressing their
capacity.
For the Android and iOS however, the
data is direct from server to phone. So
special data compression. So no
cheaper data plans.
It works like this. On a BB if you point
your browser to the url nairaland.com,
the phone sends a request to
blackberry's servers, which request the
page from oga Seun's servers
compresses it and sends it to the
phone. On Android or iOS, the phone
requests the page from Seun's servers
directly, no compression involved.
That's why Opera Mini and UCWeb are
popular with those platforms. They offer
that kind of compression in a way.
BBM messages still pass through BB
servers, which is why as Android users
will notice, the data used by BBM
wouldn't be so much.
OP, hope you get it now?

Whatsapp matter na different case. Just yesterday somebody took my number from one useless group chat. BBM offers privacy and beautiful functionality. For free. Whatsapp , infact, let's not go there.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
if u change ur phone, and sign in fresh to d bbm, u will be given a new pin. it shd not be a big deal because u only give ur pin to new invitees, once u get a new pin, ur old contacts are still there, u just start giving d new pin to new invitees. thatsall.

one thing i like about d bbm is d updates. i don't need to broadcast(cos i hate it too) i just update my status and my contacts get d info. simple.

whatsapp no get status updates. if i block u on whatsapp, u start disturbing me with phone call, very annoying. but an alternative to bbm

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by sarutobie(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
OCTAVO:
Oga, I will only comment about your post in bold. Do you think everyone give a hoot about bbm?
Whatsapp is exceptionally cross platform for your info. Do you know how many millions of java phone user using whatsapp? Lest I mention windows os phones too. Bbm is only restricted to bb, android and ios. So, evidently, it is bbm that still needs to sit up in order to catch up with whatsapp (if it ever will).
One word for this post 'DENIAL'....
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by initialize(m): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2013
Tumababa don talk. I see you o
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by docadams: 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
I can't install bbm on my techno phantom A2 and Samsung note 10.1. Please help!
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Suntemi(m): 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2013
tumababa: if u change ur phone, and sign in fresh to d bbm, u will be given a new pin. it shd not be a big deal because u only give ur pin to new invitees, once u get a new pin, ur old contacts are still there, u just start giving d new pin to new invitees. thatsall.

It should be. What If I put my pin on so many threads on Nl and change my phone tomorrow and my pin changes, what if someone sees the old pin and need to contact me. Bro, changing of pin makes no sense. Pin should be linked to user's email address and not devices. If I change my phone 5 times in 3 years, my pin changes 5 times. It doesn't make sense.

That's the reason I never bought Blackberry and they are doing same with Android and iOS again.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by OCTAVO: 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2013
docadams: I can't install bbm on my techno phantom A2 and Samsung note 10.1. Please help!
Download your bbm FROM THIS SOURCE
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by ewizard1: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
OCTAVO:
The post in bold made me wonder if you have ever used whatsapp before!!
I rest my case cheesy

Mr OCTAVO! It seems you dont know what they call iM. You quoted me in a BBM Whatsapp comparison thread. I said the feature of BBM being able to share ANY FILE beats whatsapp.. You mentioned Whatsend! Fine, I have checked the Whatsend... its total POO! The app got just 137 downloads on Playstore. shioor! Both users must have d app to make the sharing work! Na rubbish joor.

Fine, RIM did not plan it well from d scratch! They started it for Business Purposes... Team Boss can connect to thousand of colleagues in just 1click. Its very clear, BBM killed whatsapp and I'm sure Whatsapp team know that.

Guess what, the most unique feature. .. you never lose your PIN! What else.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by pendusky(m): 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2013
space booked...BRB
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Tupacx: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
twosquare: More than voice note people ...BBM cannot send videos whereby Whatsapp can.....And voice note is not perfect on BBM...u can only record live before sending (don't know if am wrong ) while on whatsapp u can choose an already recorded voice, even a music and send it 2 d other party.....Whatsapp rocks...BBM still got some catching up to do

With bbm on OS10 you can make free calls, it will only charge your data and not your airtime
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Tupacx: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2013
thelastmediator: I tried to download it from Google play but got a message that my device is not compatible. my device is SG tab2, 10.1, any hope?

It doesn't run on tabs, only phones.
Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
Tupacx:

It doesn't run on tabs, only phones.

Where did you get that information from.

The BBM app, only runs on Android OS 4.0 and above. And if my memory serves me correctly the SG tab 2 is on 4.0
So for the life of me I can't figure out why it won't run.

It works on tablet, that I know for sure.
Fellow should just download it from elsewhere other than playstore.

That's what playstore keeps saying if you are using a tablet. At least thats what it said the last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: BBM On Android And Iphone: My Questions by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
princefunmi:

guy! I use a java phone! Many pple use java phone. Wp is the most selling phone in europe and south america so shut up! Stop making noise cos u could afford and android. An im sure its tecno ure using.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Resest My Tecno H6 Privacy Protection Password? / 10 Best Selling Phones Of All Time (Photos) / OPPO A12 & A31 Launched in Nigeria: Features And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.