Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

The Philosophy Of Reality - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Philosophy Of Reality (2345 Views)

What Type Of Reality Do You Accept And For What Reasons?.... / The Philosophy Of Truth Through Pictorial Arguments / Rapsody Of Reality***how This Words Can Change Your Life*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 2:46am On Oct 29, 2013
Bidam: There is nothing wrong in saying God did it.I am not interested in your mohammed theories and philosophies. But i will give you a reality check on Christianity.

The problem with you is that you believe truth to be accumulation of factual knowledge using the five senses(which sometimes give a lie anyway wink )

Factual knowledge may be true,but it is not of itself the truth.

People can do and believe all kinds of true things without having the truth.

Most in Christianity believe the bible is the word of God,that Jesus died for the sin of man,that God loves the world,etc. All these things are true,but they do not necessarily give the truth to those who believe them.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way,the truth,and the life(John 14:6a)

Truth is a highway;it is a way of thinking; and in its highest understanding,it is a person, JESUS CHRIST.

Most intelligent minds higher than yours from other faith,philosophies and belief system have accepted this person.The MAN, JESUS CHRIST.

Your journey is yet to begin my friend, you are still dancing on the touch-line.come explore the story of this man.You will be amazed at the richness of His teachings that beats every man-made concepts,traditions,philosophies and ideologies.

The bolded is brilliant. It is useless, however, to use the Bible to convince someone who doesn't believe it to be true.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 29, 2013
texanomaly:

The bolded is brilliant. It is useless, however, to use the Bible to convince someone who doesn't believe it to be true.

Please, that post was a whole lot of nonsense.

Furthermore, your statement is not complete. What you should have said is

texanomaly:

It is useless, however, to use the Bible to convince someone who bases his opinions o facts, evidence and logic.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 29, 2013
Bidam: There is nothing wrong in saying God did it.I am not interested in your mohammed theories and philosophies. But i will give you a reality check on Christianity.

The problem with you is that you believe truth to be accumulation of factual knowledge using the five senses(which sometimes give a lie anyway wink )

Most in Christianity believe the bible is the word of God,that Jesus died for the sin of man,that God loves the world,etc. All these things are true,but they do not necessarily give the truth to those who believe them.

Truth is a highway;it is a way of thinking; and in its highest understanding,it is a person, JESUS CHRIST.

Most intelligent minds higher than yours from other faith,philosophies and belief system have accepted this person.The MAN, JESUS CHRIST.

Your journey is yet to begin my friend, you are still dancing on the touch-line.come explore the story of this man.You will be amazed at the richness of His teachings that beats every man-made concepts,traditions,philosophies and ideologies.

I hope you know that "God did it" is a logical fallacy on its own? "God of the gaps"!
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 5:36am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please, that post was a whole lot of nonsense.

Furthermore, your statement is not complete. What you should have said is

Did you really just highjack my quote for your own diabolical intent?

smh tongue
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 29, 2013
texanomaly:
Did you really just highjack my quote for your own diabolical intent?

smh tongue

Diabolical? Get off the hype- contrary to nairaland public opinion, I am not the devil
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 5:47am On Oct 29, 2013
Pinkie (Tex)- "What are we going to do today Brain?"

Brain (LB)- "The same thing we do everyday Pinkie. Try to take over the world."

I hope that translates. tongue
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 29, 2013
texanomaly: Pinkie (Tex)- "What are we going to do today Brain?"

Brain (LB)- "The same thing we do everyday Pinkie. Try to take over the world."

I hope that translates. tongue

Why do you assume that I have watched Pinky and the Brain? I did as a child but still......
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by texanomaly(f): 5:58am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why do you assume that I have watched Pinky and the Brain? I did as a child but still......

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

I hope you know that "God did it" is a logical fallacy on its own? "God of the gaps"!

The same God came down and still did it.Don't you get it?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 29, 2013
Bidam: The same God came down and still did it.Don't you get it?

And you wonder why atheists never take you seriously.

shm undecided

Did you see God come down?
Is there any evidence that he came?
The earth is 0.0001% of space. God came down there.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 29, 2013

Since ure not interested in my mohammed theories, Im not interested in your message. Immediately I saw that, I didnt waste my time reading the rest. I discuss with sensible people
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2013
texanomaly:

Here is someone who says he isnt interested in mohammed theories. Can the quran be used to convince him?
I didnt read his message up to the point he was trying to use the bible to convince anyway. I don't know how to converse with idiots.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

shm undecided

God responds by sending his WORD into the hearts of men who yield to His promptings.It is as good as saying God came down and did it.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 29, 2013
Bidam: God responds by sending his WORD into the hearts of men who yield to His promptings.It is as good as saying God came down and did it.

Yawn......sending his words to Jews abi?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 29, 2013
rationalmind:

Here is someone who says he isnt interested in mohammed theories. Can the quran be used to convince him?
I didnt read his message up to the point he was trying to use the bible to convince anyway. I don't know how to converse with idiots.
The reason why i said i am not interested in mohammed theories is because i am not a muslim.we have an islamic section where you can pose that question to our muslim brothers.I have not read the quran so i won't be in a better position to answer you question.To you my reply may sound arrogant but i just told you the truth na..dats common sense.

A student of history anwers history questions not mathematics.

A student of biology
attempts biology questions because he has studied them.If you give him a maths question he might fail in his attempt.

I am breaking it down into simple tenses because your monikker doesn't sound as if you are rational or you have a working mind that is rational.

In a forum,you don't insult people who hold opposing views.You ask questions to clarify their positions. If you don't agree,you part ways as friends.

I have atheist friends and muslim friends who don't agree with my views.But they don't throw insults at me.

You post reeks of irrationality.Good day.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2013
Bidam: The reason why i said i am not interested in mohammed theories is because i am not a muslim.we have an islamic section where you can pose that question to our muslim brothers.I have not read the quran so i won't be in a better position to answer you question.To you my reply may sound arrogant but i just told you the truth na..dats common sense.

A student of history anwers history questions not mathematics.

A student of biology
attempts biology questions because he has studied them.If you give him a maths question he might fail in his attempt.

I am breaking it down into simple tenses because your monikker doesn't sound as if you are rational or you have a working mind that is rational.

In a forum,you don't insult people who hold opposing views.You ask questions to clarify their positions. If you don't agree,you part ways as friends.

I have atheist friends and muslim friends who don't agree with my views.But they don't throw insults at me.

You post reeks of irrationality.Good day.

Like I said, I don't know how to converse with idiots. Ure not interested in my mohammed theories neither am I interested in anything you have to say. That is not difficult to understand. Is it?
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn......sending his words to Jews abi?
Lol, Mankind
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Bidam: Lol, Mankind

lol...No.....JEWS
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2013
rationalmind:

Like I said, I don't know how to converse with idiots. Ure not interested in my mohammed theories neither am I interested in anything you have to say. That is not difficult to understand. Is it?
Yeah..Yeah..I keep getting blessed.Thanks.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

shm undecided

did you see a dinosaur turn into a chicken?
Or a so called monkey ancestor turn into a man?
People saw God among them and recognized him in Jesus Chridt. The records are there. The power of his life is here in us to speak for itself through us.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: did you see a dinosaur turn into a chicken?
People saw God among them and recognized him in Jesus Chridt. The records are there. The power of his life is here in us to speak for itself through us.

lol.....I understand. You have watched too many creationist cartoons.

Dinosaur turned into chicken...zzap!
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: did you see a dinosaur turn into a chicken?

He believes the records of a Jewish zombie and dismisses that of fossils... lol. grin

Oh boy, don't stretch. Just keep him in that non-scientific box you have in your head.
Re: The Philosophy Of Reality by Joshthefirst(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2013
aManFromMars:

He believes the records of a Jewish zombie and dismisses that of fossils... lol. grin

Oh boy, don't stretch. Just keep him in that non-scientific box you have in your head.
no actually. All other records, including that of...wait. You won't bother to even listen. So what's the point?

If I am a fool for believing the bible, then I am the greatest fool on earth. Case closed.
If you do not want to pose any question or comment regarding the thread, I trust you have enough self control to shut up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Reverend Sisters Harsh And Hostile? / A 78 Year Old Man Has Since The 80s Being Building A Dooms Day Shelter. (photo) / If We Evolved From Monkeys, Why Are There Still Monkeys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.