Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History (1815 Views)

Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
The All Progressives Congress
has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of shielding
corrupt leaders in the country.
APC stated this in its first official reaction to the
N255m bullet-proof car scandal involving the Minister
of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah.
The party said it was shocked at Jonathan’s approach
in the matter.
In a statement by its Interim National Publicity
Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Sunday, the party
said, “We now understand why corruption has grown
wings under the Jonathan Presidency, and why the
administration may as well go down as the most
corrupt in the country’s history.”
It pointed out that the handling of the cars’ scandal
was a test case for Jonathan’s anti-corruption war.
The statement reads in part,“It has now emerged that
the money spent on the cars was not appropriated,
which is a violation of the Nigerian constitution; that
due process was not followed in buying the cars, as the
Bureau of Public Procurement has testified, and that
the Minister, who was said to have approved the
purchase , violated the law by approving an
expenditure over the N100m limit.
“These revelations make the Oduahgate a
straightforward case that should have been summarily
dealt with by the President. Instead, he has engaged
himself in rigmarole by setting up a diversionary
administrative panel in what is now looking like an
orchestrated ploy to buy time, hoping this issue will die
down and the Minister will escape being sanctioned.
“Unfortunately for Mr.
President, Oduahgate is
not just another
scandal, but a
referendum on his
administration’s fight
against corruption, and
on the legacy he intends
to leave in this critical
area.”
APC also accused
Jonathan of “thumbing
his nose at Nigerians,”
who have expressed
outrage at the action of
the Minister, by
approving her trip to
travel to Israel as part of
his entourage.
According to the party,
no one believes the
‘dummy’ being sold to
the public, that Oduah
was denied access to
see the President in
Israel.
It added that “the
egregious act of putting
the Minister on his
(Jonathan) entourage,
at a time she is at the
centre of a terrible
scandal, calls to
question the President’s
sense of propriety and his commitment to the war
against corruption.”
The statement further observed that the body language
of the President over the matter was an indication that
he’s also corrupt.
It also wondered whether the President was aware of
the joke making the rounds about five “super Ministers
that he can neither sanction nor remove, irrespective of
their actions”
However, in a swift reaction, the Peoples Democratic
Party, said the opposition, especially the APC, does not
have any moral right to accuse the Jonathan
administration of corruption.
It described the APC as a party made up of those
whose main business is corruption.
“The APC lacks the moral right to accuse our dear
President and our great party of corruption. Most of the
opposition leaders ought to be behind bars.
Its Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Abubakr
Jalo, while reacting to the allegation said, “We are
happy the President has set up a committee and has
ordered for an investigation into the issue. This shows
that he has respect for the law.”
The party therefore advised the APC “ to remove the log
in its eyes before removing the speck from the eyes of
others.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
These thieves also know how to point fingers.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by bloggernaija: 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
PDP - share money.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by donphilopus: 12:25am On Oct 29, 2013
He's already the most corrupt leader na

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Arobam: 12:35am On Oct 29, 2013
Most corrupt leader because of a 255m scandal involving an autonomous parastatal in the Aviation sector? That amount will make APC governors laugh in the face of the 1 Billion Naira they use(steal) in constructing a kilometer of road in the South West.

See http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buharis-spokesman-accuses-acn-governors-of-corruption-says-they-award-one-kilometer-road-for-one-billion-naira/

Do I need to talk about Tinubu's Alpha Beta and their looting of Lagos Taxpayers money or the 1.68km Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge which cost a whooping $300m/29Billion? Do we need to talk about the scandalous Lekki-Epe expressway buy back?

APC Governors will rank as the most corrupt ever.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by tomakint: 12:55am On Oct 29, 2013
I think the OP needs a sedative to relax his hyperactive muscles. Jonathan can never occupy the 1st to 7th list of the most corrupt President where we have the likes of Obj, Abacha, IBB, Abdulsalam, Shagari, etc.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by DerideGull(m): 1:02am On Oct 29, 2013
A mere governor of a state in SW region of Nigeria has his Yacht anchored off Lagos Lagoon and no idiotic newspapers from the zone even question why public money was used to purchase Yacht for a personal usage yet the fools have the alacritous pedigree to insult Stella Oduah because NCAA bought two BMW cars for ministry of aviation. What an idiotic country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Mekusnwa: 1:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Arobam: Most corrupt leader because of a 255m scandal involving an autonomous parastatal in the Aviation sector? That amount will make APC governors laugh in the face of the 1 Billion Naira they use(steal) in constructing a kilometer of road in the South West.

See http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buharis-spokesman-accuses-acn-governors-of-corruption-says-they-award-one-kilometer-road-for-one-billion-naira/

Do I need to talk about Tinubu's Alpha Beta and their looting of Lagos Taxpayers money or the 1.68km Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge which cost a whooping $300m/29Billion? Do we need to talk about the scandalous Lekki-Epe expressway buy back?

On point bro. APC is far more corrupt than PDP would ever imagine.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Dollarman101: 1:11am On Oct 29, 2013
grin grin grin grin I just dey laugh. Let me just take it that the OP meant least corrupt president.
Jonathan's corruption(if any, because all I see it's propaganda) dey learn work for where former presidents dey.
At least, GEJ appointed a minister of Petroluem who answers to national Assembly regularly but OBJ was himself the Petroluem Minister.
Obj as president cornered all the oil deals and dished out oil blocks to his cronies.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Mallamabdul: 1:25am On Oct 29, 2013
I have looked at it critically and arrived at the irresistible conclusion that all the talk about Jonathan and corruption is far over exaggerated to demonise the president. Take subsidy issue for instance. President Jonathan himself initiated the moves to stop subsidy so as stop massive corruption that has characterized its management for ages. This move was misunderstood and protests sponsored by the very cabal who feed fat on Petroluem subsidies.Eventually, they(cabal) had their way.

it is only a sincere president with a motive to fight corruption that will take concrete steps to end the subsidy regime. Even when that bid partially failed, President Jonathan rose to the occasion and probed those involved through the IMOUKEHEDE committee. He did not stop at mere setting up committees, he took it a notch higher by prosecuting all those indicted in the report. He is the first president to do so in Nigeria and we urge the judiciary to expedite trial on all oil subsidy suspects

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by uzomagic(m): 1:30am On Oct 29, 2013
DerideGull: A mere governor of a state in SW region of Nigeria has his Yacht anchored off Lagos Lagoon and no idiotic newspapers from the zone even question why public money was used to purchase Yacht for a personal usage yet the fools have the alacritous pedigree to insult Stella Oduah because NCAA bought two BMW cars for ministry of aviation. What an idiotic country called Nigeria.

Our problem in this Country is selective amnesia, we turn a blind eye to the log in our eyes and focus on the stick in other peoples eyes. Lai Mohammed has lost the moral locus to speak on corruption given what his party is doing at the state level. He should first of all tell us about the ongoing criminal trial of the speaker of Lagos state, kuforiji by EFCC.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Dpeacemaker101: 1:32am On Oct 29, 2013
If APC is saying GEJ is corrupt, then what word shall be used in the case of Bola Tinubu their Demi god with his family members in every political position in the south west? He is still looting tax payers money in that geo political zone even when he is not in power and claims to be a progressive, unless I don't understand the meaning of progressive any more.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Gorillaunit: 1:38am On Oct 29, 2013
APC and their media drama again, I wonder who still believe those group of criminals and hypocrites. They are just out to deceive their fellow bigots and blind followers, real Nigerians know better.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Mandelaguy(m): 1:57am On Oct 29, 2013
While I have a problem with the "inflated cost" of the 225M cars but the fact still remains that they were bought by NCAA for the Ministry of Aviation. It was not bought in the name of Stella Oduah. It's a bit excusable that way because it will remain a property of the Ministry of Aviation.

Lai Mohammed should look inwards and address several allegations of monumental corruption rocking the states under their leadership. The opon IMO project was a massive scam with Ogbeni Rauf's son as consultant. AJIMOBI uses billions to do a single kilometer. Fashola is ripping lagosians off in the name of concessioning. I wonder what he does with our IGR/Statutory allocation if we have to pay for tolls for using internal roads(not trunk A highways) in Lagos. What of Amosun who ORGANISED a fanfare to commission a single bridge built with billions?
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by divatosin(f): 2:04am On Oct 29, 2013
Gorilla unit: APC and their media drama again, I wonder who still believe those group of criminals and hypocrites. They are just out to deceive their fellow bigots and blind followers, real Nigerians know better.

APC are just a bunch of hypocrites. Imagine how Fashola misled the whole world into thinking that he built a power plant in Alausa. It turned out to be a 10MW plant, a glorified Generator set, that can only power street lights and the secreatariat. Meanwhile, the management of OANDO PLC came out to reaffirm that they are the ones who actually built the plant.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Bukkyade: 2:12am On Oct 29, 2013
Why won't all these my APC egbons face our own problems here in SW, and leave GEJ to do his work must they have something to say every time there is an issue with the FG? Abeg criticize small small, because una(APC) no holy pass. I don talk my own finish

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Louis88: 2:13am On Oct 29, 2013
IGR-20B.
Monthly allocation- 22B

IGR + Monthly allocation= Owambe for Tinubu in an urban jungle called Lagos where people pay tax for enjoying any little social amenity.

EKO ONI BAJE OOOO
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Maduale: 2:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Inspite of all these hysteria about GEJ being corrupt, three things stand out for me as his zero tolerance for corruption:

1. His decision to close the leakage pipe of corruption called subsidy.
2. His decision not to jump into the wasteful and corrupt venture of turn around maintenance of Refineries like his predecessors used to siphon good money.
3. His decision to move for dissolution and disintegration of Nigeria's corruption cow-NNPC as encapsulated in the new Petroluem Industry Bill.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Countryman93: 2:28am On Oct 29, 2013
grin Before Stella resigns, I urge APC to prevail on Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly to resign for glaring acts of money laundering and other corruption charges for which EFCC is prosecuting him in court.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Zutchy: 2:37am On Oct 29, 2013
Mallamabdul: I have looked at it critically and arrived at the irresistible conclusion that all the talk about Jonathan and corruption is far over exaggerated to demonise the president. Take subsidy issue for instance. President Jonathan himself initiated the moves to stop subsidy so as stop massive corruption that has characterized its management for ages. This move was misunderstood and protests sponsored by the very cabal who feed fat on Petroluem subsidies.Eventually, they(cabal) had their way.

it is only a sincere president with a motive to fight corruption that will take concrete steps to end the subsidy regime. Even when that bid partially failed, President Jonathan rose to the occasion and probed those involved through the IMOUKEHEDE committee. He did not stop at mere setting up committees, he took it a notch higher by prosecuting all those indicted in the report. He is the first president to do so in Nigeria and we urge the judiciary to expedite trial on all oil subsidy suspects
GBAM!!!!

You hit the nail on the head. Judiciary should wake up to the tempo of these criminal trials against oil subsidy suspects.
I was happy to see justice Okunnu of Lagos State High Court rule against the oil subsidy suspects. It's a good step in the right direction.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=664841160216577&l=68ccfe2ab6
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by talktimi(m): 5:01am On Oct 29, 2013
Mallamabdul: I have looked at it critically and arrived at the irresistible conclusion that all the talk about Jonathan and corruption is far over exaggerated to demonise the president. Take subsidy issue for instance. President Jonathan himself initiated the moves to stop subsidy so as stop massive corruption that has characterized its management for ages. This move was misunderstood and protests sponsored by the very cabal who feed fat on Petroluem subsidies.Eventually, they(cabal) had their way.

subsidy issue misunderstood ke ? It wasnt misunderstood anything lailai, matter of fact it was perfectly understood and thats why the protests were massively sponsored with jamborees ft a-list artistes at ojota et al while gullible Nigerians exhibited their stupid1ty by supporting those who are killing them (subsidy thieves) even after the facts have been persistently, clearly spelt out. But as they say, if you want to hide something from a black man (NIGERIAN) write it in a book/newspaper. I dont want to say the op is an idi0t by putting this header which is actually misleading but i'll admit he's frustrated or at best confused if not how can 225 million naira make someone the most corrupt president naija has ever had which is even mere coins to the 12 billion dollars gulf war wind fall abracadabrad by Babangida or even the 4.15 billion naira per km (eventually) road magic being performed by Fashola & his boyfriend Tinubu. Most Nigerians really have a warped sense of priority and thats why 5 > 27 in Rivers state grin
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by talktimi(m): 5:08am On Oct 29, 2013
Countryman93: grin Before Stella resigns, I urge APC to prevail on Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly to resign for glaring acts of money laundering and other corruption charges for which EFCC is prosecuting him in court.
fortunately (?) for us, our in house e - activists have cleverly decided to sweep this particular matter under the carpet CHAI ! See people blowing dust out of peoples eyes when they have stones in their own eyes. Even Lai Mohammed the perpetual noise maker has kept an eerie silence on this matter & when you ask, they might cleverly say "the case is before the courts" while using their myopic, selective yardstick, the speaker is supposed to have resigned by now. Smh for dem
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Splinz(m): 5:47am On Oct 29, 2013
WATTA WORLD. D POT ALWAYS CALLING D KETTLE BLACK! ISN'T IT A FUNNY WORLD? APC CAN GO AHEAD & DECEIVE THEIR SELF & D IGNORANT, WE D WISE & LEARNED KNOWS BETTER! APC- BUNCHES OF HYPOCRITES!
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by omenka(m): 7:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Arobam: Most corrupt leader because of a 255m scandal involving an autonomous parastatal in the Aviation sector? That amount will make APC governors laugh in the face of the 1 Billion Naira they use(steal) in constructing a kilometer of road in the South West.

Ostrich syndrome.
He's the most corrupt for stealing over 1.6trillion naira in a single year!! Abacha has got nothing on this dude.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Gbawe: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2013
omenka:

Ostrich syndrome.
He's the most corrupt for stealing over 1.6trillion naira in a single year!! Abacha has got nothing on this dude.

Some ethnocentric Nigerians just prefer to blind themselves to the crazily stupendous and monumental looting that has gone on under GEJ. I do not know where to begin with those sort of Nigerians. Even now, oil theft is highest under this ultra-corrupt President with Nigeria literally bleeding money !!! How many stupendous scams and depleted accounts since GEJ came on board? How many criminals remain at large swaggering unrepentantly everywhere? How many 'path-finding' committees have been set up and then ridiculed or ignored?

Jonathan is literally destroying Nigeria in a way so crude that even non-Nigerians are doing away with diplomatic decorum to wade in and challenge us to act !!! Yet this action will never come because of how everything, for Nigeria today, is now so tainted with ethnocentric myopia to the extent many miss the crux of the matter which is that GEJ is a shockingly horrid President to all Nigerians !!!!

Some god-forsaken bigots can continue to come here daily to reel off Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani distractingly, every time the misrule of GEJ is highlighted, but it is their own children's future they are destroying with their inability to recognise that wrong is wrong in relation to our number one citizen !!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by FreeGlobe(f): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2013
^
gbawe he is not more. corrupt than Tinubu and Fashola
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by gbanikiti(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2013
Goodluck Jonathan is corruption personified!

EOD!
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Gbawe: 8:29am On Oct 29, 2013
@Omenka. Can you see an example of the ethnocentric Nigerians I am talking about below? State, with precise examples and statistics, the corruption linked to GEJ that is harming all Nigerians and all some amoral elements are capable of doing is mentioning some Yoruba names as if that should blind Nigerians from noting how inadequate and incompetent their President is in this day and age !!!!

FreeGlobe: ^
gbawe he is not more. corrupt than Tinubu and Fashola
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Gbawe: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2013
gbanikiti: Goodluck Jonathan is corruption personified!

EOD!

Absolutely !!! Are we clowning around here or playing with scenarios that never transpired or is it the numbing reality that the entire world helped Nigeria to witness and document, under GEJ , the biggest subsidy scam recorded in the history of Nigeria? Shall we talk about record-high oil theft going on under GEJ right now that his 'boys' boldly come out to tell the rest of us is "resource control"?

Should we inspect the scams? Should we look at how, when we most need to reshape our nation along the lines of moral uprightness, our number one citizen is the same character who has never ever led by example? Yet some remain obsessively and bigotedly interested in only mentioning Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani names every single time the misruling antics of GEJ are highlighted. Pathetic. Perhaps Nigeria is doomed anyway. Who even cares any more?
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Icareless(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Naija Naija Naija wen una go change eh eh wen oooo, wen una go fight for una right eh dis so kald politicians are milkin una country dry nd instead make una cum 2geda as 1 una dey fight una self how weird can u all be eh.
SMH4 NAIJA
REVOLUTION D BEST WAY 4WARD if una like agree if una no like make una no gree we go all
Suffer am 2geda
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by 99100(m): 11:01am On Oct 29, 2013
Without reading d trash up there,@op, Shut up! and stop that childishness,stupidity and hypocrisy of urs. It is bad for ur health.
Re: Jonathan May End Up As The Most Corrupt Leader In Nigeria’s History by Zutchy: 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2013
Gbawe:

Some ethnocentric Nigerians just prefer to blind themselves to the crazily stupendous and monumental looting that has gone on under GEJ. I do not know where to begin with those sort of Nigerians. Even now, oil theft is highest under this ultra-corrupt President with Nigeria literally bleeding money !!! How many stupendous scams and depleted accounts since GEJ came on board? How many criminals remain at large swaggering unrepentantly everywhere? How many 'path-finding' committees have been set up and then ridiculed or ignored?

Jonathan is literally destroying Nigeria in a way so crude that even non-Nigerians are doing away with diplomatic decorum to wade in and challenge us to act !!! Yet this action will never come because of how everything, for Nigeria today, is now so tainted with ethnocentric myopia to the extent many miss the crux of the matter which is that GEJ is a shockingly horrid President to all Nigerians !!!!

Some god-forsaken bigots can continue to come here daily to reel off Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani distractingly, every time the misrule of GEJ is highlighted, but it is their own children's future they are destroying with their inability to recognise that wrong is wrong in relation to our number one citizen !!!

You ended up bad mouthing without supplying any single evidence in support of your claim that GEJ is corrupt.
Now let's take the subsidy scam you cited. Farouk probe covered 2009-2011. Yaradua was president in 2009 and not GEJ.
President Jonathan came into office in 2010. Therefore the period under review covered a year under Yaradua and two under GEJ.
It is therefore illogical to blame GEJ for every fraud that occurred under this period.

Secondly, Farouk report revealed that NNPC could not account for 300B on kerosene Subsidy, 387 billion on fuel subsidy(PPPRA) while oil marketers and trader companies could not account for about 800B. NOTE. The report didn't indict Jonathan nor Diezani but PPRA/NNPC/OIL MAKETERS for subsidy fraud. We understand the duo of Jonathan and Diezani should share liability because the buck stops at their tables but to accuse them of stealing the 1.6 Trillion in the face of this Farouk report is wicked.

Thirdly, even GEJ himself acknowledges the endemic fraud in subsidy regime hence his resolve to stop subsidy in 2012 but the same cabal sponsored protests to frustrate that move.

Fourthly, even when Farouk probe report ran into troubled waters, GEJ pursued vigorously the completion of the AIG IMOUKEHEDE led subsidy investigation comittee report and began implementation by forwarding the report to EFCC for investigation and prosecution. That marked the first time in our history where people are charged for oil corruption in Nigeria

Today, many people are undergoing various degrees of trials by EFCC at various courts for subsidy. It's unprecedented in the fight against corruption in the oil and gas sector.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto To Name Boko Haram Sponsors If Granted Amnesty Read More At TODAY / Fear Of Ebola: This US Air Passenger Isn't Taking Any Risks At All..lol / Breaking! Mend Issued Threat To Attack Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.