Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,789 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1228521 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Prinzofparis:

Lol, my brother this is 9ja oh!!!... The rich are not 'sleeping on the bicycle' neither are the well connected queuing for BRT to go to bonny island.

We can only pray the integrity of the company works in our favour and we maintain the right level of integrity also when we get there considering the importance of NLNG to Nigeria. They need the best hands on deck as I see the company playing a major part in the future of this country.

Hopefully BrassLNG and OK-LNG will kick off soon, NLNG staff will most likely be needed on secondment upon start up.
Employing through the back door wouldn't make sense at all because the wrong hands will get the right jobs and in the long run mess things up.
Yeah. I pray and hope for the best. That's all I can say o. I have done my part. The rest is in God's hands

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by checkup: 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
okeyjames:

My childhood neighbor just resumed with NNPC as a graduate entry level even though recruitment is said to be on a hold, he didn't do any test or interview!!!!!wink

Your childhood friend must have lied to you. He is not a staff(GT) but on contract (If he was actually employed by NNPC). the last successful recruitment for GTs was August 2012. 100% certain for fact.
For NLNG, lets pray for the best.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
Prinzofparis:

Lol, my brother this is 9ja oh!!!... The rich are not 'sleeping on the bicycle' neither are the well connected queuing for BRT to go to bonny island.

We can only pray the integrity of the company works in our favour and we maintain the right level of integrity also when we get there considering the importance of NLNG to Nigeria. They need the best hands on deck as I see the company playing a major part in the future of this country.

Hopefully BrassLNG and OK-LNG will kick off soon, NLNG staff will most likely be needed on secondment upon start up.
Employing through the back door wouldn't make sense at all because the wrong hands will get the right jobs and in the long run mess things up.

Going through the back door doesn't mean you are a wrong hand. No one can honestly say if you knew someone who could pull off back door entrance for you, that they will reject it.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
checkup:

Your childhood friend must have lied to you. He is not a staff(GT) but on contract (If he was actually employed by NNPC). the last successful recruitment for GTs was August 2012. 100% certain for fact.
For NLNG, lets pray for the best.

Finally someone has said how it is. *sigh*. People get into this coys but as contract staff. Most times they just lie about it.

You think say e ease to just call Head HR and your child is on ful staff pay roll. you think recruitment just goes through one man? Its honestly harder than most people make it look.

In other news, since we are in the "knowing someone" era, I also know one pregnant woman who's unborn child already has a slot too. *sigh* aint IM a b**** grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tooloadedtofail: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
And the company was an oil and gas multinational starting with "M" ......And the year was 2009.....Am I right?

okeyjames:
I also had the believe that he was either lying or he had been lied to. We choose not to believe because we actually can't do anything if the info checks out right.

I once was involved in the recruitment process of a very well known multinational company. Wrote first stage test with about 400 persons in attendance, then had a second stage test with about 20 successfuls from the 400. 10 out of the 20 were invited for interviews. At the interview, we saw 5 other guys smiling like sheeps while sitting in one corner forming caucus, so as a social guy, I tried to relate with them and discovered some were already contract staff and some knew someone in the company.

After the interview, we exchanged contacts and thanks to nairaland we kept in touch. 2 weeks later 3 of us out of the 10 received mails that we were successful at the interview and the other 7 received regret mails.

I was in touch with one of those contract guys and he said the company had already taken who they wanted even before putting up any job advert, that they only came to show face at the interview to fulfill all righteousness (they didn't do any tests but just showed up for the interviews)

A month later, that same 5 contract/IM guys went for medicals and resumed for the same opening while the 3 of us that got success mails were kept in the dark.

3 months later, the 3 of us got mails from the company that they regret bla bla bla and that they have other candidates to choose from and all that many stories. This is a very well known multinational.
There are many other stories like this happening in great companies and multinationals in Nigeria.

My childhood neighbor just resumed with NNPC as a graduate entry level even though recruitment is said to be on a hold, he didn't do any test or interview!!!!!

Let's just hope when we all get to wherever we are going to, we will be professional and use TRUE integrity when we can.

NLNG is a great company with high integrity as the facts from past experiences and many people who were successful in the past, especially in 2007 have been vocal about the level of integrity of the recruitment process.

In the end, I believe it will come out favourably for us.

We choose not to believe o. The way the guy was saying it, I personally saw flaws in his statements. If na true mehn, we no fit do nothing about am. But for our sakes, I hope it is not true. Infact, It is not true! wink
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
scarletdp:

Going through the back door doesn't mean you are a wrong hand. No one can honestly say if you knew someone who could pull off back door entrance for you, that they will reject it.

Your candour is what I find to be most fascinating about u. Respect man.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
scarletdp:

Going through the back door includes having someone pull off strings for you...they are all wrong and you definitely are a WRONG HAND if integrity is part of the shared values of the company's staff. Yes, 99% of persons will like to be put through the back door if given the chance, this doesn't make it right!!...

Someone who can be put into a company through biased means will definitely be likely to do things that compromise standard acceptable modus operandi.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
scarletdp:

Finally someone has said how it is. *sigh*. People get into this coys but as contract staff. Most times they just lie about it.

You think say e ease to just call Head HR and your child is on ful staff pay roll. you think recruitment just goes through one man? Its honestly harder than most people make it look.
Whether as contract or full time staff, what is wrong is getting employment simply because you know someone in the company when it is not a family business.

I know an FMCG that conducted recruitments where thousands applied and in the end they staffed the contract workers they had with them, without taking even anyone out of the thousands of external applicants who passed their tests and interviews. These contract guys most likely got their contract role via IM and now they are full time staff.

Anyway, NLNG will do what is right in terms of integrity in final list, I am 95% certain of this.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
NPComplete:

There is nothing open and/or honest about this sentence 'going through the back door doesn't make you a wrong hand'.

For me, If you go through the back door, you are definitely a wrong hand. There are always accepted channels of getting employed by any company. Anything out of the accepted is unacceptable therefore it is definitely wrong.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
CHM11:

There is nothing open and/or honest about this sentence 'going through the back door doesn't make you a wrong hand'.

For me, If you go through the back door, you are definitely a wrong hand. There are always accepted channels of getting employed by any company. Anything out of the accepted is unacceptable therefore it is definitely wrong.

Seriously? Are we really having this argument?
First off, my reference to his candour has more to do with his admission that most of us will probably use d backdoor option if it is available to us and our screams here against such methods being used in this race is owing to the fact that we are somewhat impotent hence our moral high ground.
Fact: most of us will try the backdoor option if possible. It doesnt imply we have diminished intellectual capacities but that the average human is very stingy in the expenditure of energy and would seek the path of least resistance to achieve a goal.
Secondly, let's look at the parts of your riposte I highlighted.
Wrong by whose standard? Accepted to whom?
There are accepted ways to get a job. Do u realise recommendation is part of those accepted ways. U think Obama's teenage kids are going to go through rigorous recruitment processes to get the top jobs when they come of age?
How do we define a wrong hand? While integrity is part of a companies values, getting the best hands is also important to them too. So let's assume a company started a recruitment process and then get 10 good hands in d process then along comes a genius dude making waves and they decide to give him a chance and he proves himself a magnitude of order better than the 10 and they take him. Pray tell, is he still a wrong hand according to your standard?
I get the point u are making. Sometimes such backdoor methods allow poor hands in. But not always. Life isn't always black and white. It is fifty shades of grey. wink

8 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
CHM11:

There is nothing to argue about here bro. I never said it was right or wrong, I was actually indifferent about it. First you wrote the wrong hands would get the job because they didn't go through the whole process, that statement is flawed as a company can only determine one as wrong, ON THE JOB and not the process that leads to getting the job.

These tests don't really reveal how well one will do when on the job, they just set a parameter to separate thousands of people that will nevertheless perform well when given the chance.

Some contract staff will claim, why would a coy go through the stress to recruit fresh grad to train when they themselves already know the job. Why not just take and convert them coz if we are to be honest, passing True , False and Cannot say questions or solivng quickly some ratios, Percentage changes etc doesn't make one the right man either. Most of this dudes are on contract maybe because of Educational qualification.

I understand all you have said and believe me you are right in totality, only from where you stand.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
NPComplete:

Sometimes such backdoor methods allow poor hands in. But not always. Life isn't always black and white. It is fifty shades of grey. wink

You just killed me. *Claps with a smirk*
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
NPComplete:

Ditto
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
NPComplete:

Seriously? Are we really having this argument?
First off, my reference to his candour has more to do with his admission that most of us will probably use d backdoor option if it is available to us and our screams here against such methods being used in this race is owing to the fact that we are somewhat impotent hence our moral high ground.
Fact: most of us will try the backdoor option if possible. It doesnt imply we have diminished intellectual capacities but that the average human is very stingy in the expenditure of energy and would seek the path of least resistance to achieve a goal.
Secondly, let's look at the parts of your riposte I highlighted.
Wrong by whose standard? Accepted to whom?
There are accepted ways to get a job. Do u realise recommendation is part of those accepted ways. U think Obama's teenage kids are going to go through rigorous recruitment processes to get the top jobs when they come of age?
How do we define a wrong hand? While integrity is part of a companies values, getting the best hands is also important to them too. So let's assume a company started a recruitment process and then get 10 good hands in d process then along comes a genius dude making waves and they decide to give him a chance and he proves himself a magnitude of order better than the 10 and they take him. Pray tell, is he still a wrong hand according to your standard?
I get the point u are making. Sometimes such backdoor methods allow poor hands in. But not always. Life isn't always black and white. It is fifty shades of grey. wink
I smell sense here.....and honesty too. Que sera sera
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by okeyjames(m): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
CHM11:

Bros if your uncle comes to your house and tells you to give him your cv that he has a slot in Exxon Mobil>>>>Will you or will you not give him your CV? Does that make you a wrong hand? Be honest in your reply
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
CHM11:

Going through the back door includes having someone pull off strings for you...they are all wrong and you definitely are a WRONG HAND if integrity is part of the shared values of the company's staff. Yes, 99% of persons will like to be put through the back door if given the chance, this doesn't make it right!!...

Someone who can be put into a company through biased means will definitely be likely to do things that compromise standard acceptable modus operandi.

I agree.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
NPComplete and scarletdp

Awesome view points guys and I must say I understand your line of thought now.
NPComplete, I'm sorry I misconstrued your earlier post.

I must make clear though that there is a difference between right/wrong and excellent/poor.

Consider, someone who got into a company via the back door but does the job EXCELLENTLY as an engineer on field is excellent on the job but such a person will most likely be a wrong hand when it comes to morals and integrity. In the long term, such a person might mess things up as he will probably use his excellent influence to bring others who are poor hands into the company through the backdoor too.

If you have some designated channels of recruiting as your only RIGHT channels as a company. It is WRONG to use any other means that is not in the books.

This is naija though, we are just sharing ideas, we all know what happens on the real ground.......we hope its stopped or reduced to the barest minimum soon.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
You mentioned NNPC why don't you mention the name of this "multinational as well? Ypu should really.

Prinzofparis:

I also had the believe that he was either lying or he had been lied to. We choose not to believe because we actually can't do anything if the info checks out right.

I once was involved in the recruitment process of a very well known multinational company. Wrote first stage test with about 400 persons in attendance, then had a second stage test with about 20 successfuls from the 400. 10 out of the 20 were invited for interviews. At the interview, we saw 5 other guys smiling like sheeps while sitting in one corner forming caucus, so as a social guy, I tried to relate with them and discovered some were already contract staff and some knew someone in the company.

After the interview, we exchanged contacts and thanks to nairaland we kept in touch. 2 weeks later 3 of us out of the 10 received mails that we were successful at the interview and the other 7 received regret mails.

I was in touch with one of those contract guys and he said the company had already taken who they wanted even before putting up any job advert, that they only came to show face at the interview to fulfill all righteousness (they didn't do any tests but just showed up for the interviews)

A month later, that same 5 contract/IM guys went for medicals and resumed for the same opening while the 3 of us that got success mails were kept in the dark.

3 months later, the 3 of us got mails from the company that they regret bla bla bla and that they have other candidates to choose from and all that many stories. This is a very well known multinational.
There are many other stories like this happening in great companies and multinationals in Nigeria.

My childhood neighbor just resumed with NNPC as a graduate entry level even though recruitment is said to be on a hold, he didn't do any test or interview!!!!!

Let's just hope when we all get to wherever we are going to, we will be professional and use TRUE integrity when we can.

NLNG is a great company with high integrity as the facts from past experiences and many people who were successful in the past, especially in 2007 have been vocal about the level of integrity of the recruitment process.

In the end, I believe it will come out favourably for us.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
okeyjames:

Bros if your uncle comes to your house and tells you to give him your cv that he has a slot in Exxon Mobil>>>>Will you or will you not give him your CV? Does that make you a wrong hand? Be honest in your reply
Lol bro, my first job after NYSC was a referral from my fiance's dad. Even with that High profile recommendation, I still wrote 3 tests and attended two interviews....before I got the offer.
I thought he pulled all strings until I was in the company and had first hand experience as to how things were done . The best a referral can do there is get you a spot for the first stage test. If you fail, it ends there.

Yes I will give him my CV but I would expect to be put through the recruitment process too. Lol

I may be excellent in the job specs which will help me grow steadily on the job. A time will then come when I am probably a member of the management team, and I decide to compromise on quality to cut cost or I can decide to be involved in things that are against company policy simply because my moral compass points south.

Men....when ph people and those wey miss AC go finish jare make person start expect feedback joooor...

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
Whats's the full meaning of this IM that has been much used in this forum recently?

Also just saying most of these peeps that get in through "back door" are well schooled. as in foreign bachelors and masters degrees you'll be schocked. They have access to the "back door" because most times their parents are so wealthy and connected that they cannot be bothered about writing aptitude tests and the likes. Where do you think Children of commissioners, ambassadors,ministers, governors, and the likes work? Where they pay #250,000 per month? cheesy.

It's really sad that meritocracy "in recruitment" is fast becoming unfashionable. But thing is those rich kids that get i through the "back door" are so well schooled that they will likely perform as well as those that get in on merit. lol.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
scarletdp:

By back door I mean 'going through channels that accepted by company standards'
NLNG for example could be two tests and an assessment centre for gt, then a test and interview for experienced hires.

As it regards 'WRONG HAND', I don't mean 'Bad at the job'.

Hope you get my point?

Nice reasoning btw.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by masagoody(m): 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
i just dey observe......
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
coolio2014:
You mentioned NNPC why don't you mention the name of this "multinational as well? Ypu should really.

I mentioned NNPC because the GT recruitment for NNPC is still on hold as many of us know.

I didn't mention the multinationals name because it wouldn't add any positive value to the point I was trying to make.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by princewealth: 5:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Going in, please don't forget to say a word or two on my favor to Baba God.

I'm I prepared? I think, I believe.

is my preparation good enough?
only favor can see me through.

looking at presidential from my hotel room.

you can't bet the Presidential treatment ahead.

the best achievement for you today is.
pray for my success.

Good morning Nigeria.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ghostmist: 7:56am On Jul 23, 2015
princewealth:

pray for my success.

Good morning Nigeria.
our best achievement today is to pray for your success??
Because you are...??
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 8:18am On Jul 23, 2015
ghostmist:
our best achievement today is to pray for your success??
Because you are...??

Because he's a Prince?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 8:19am On Jul 23, 2015
Prinzofparis:

By back door I mean 'going through channels that accepted by company standards'
NLNG for example could be two tests and an assessment centre for gt, then a test and interview for experienced hires.

As it regards 'WRONG HAND', I don't mean 'Bad at the job'.

Hope you get my point?

Nice reasoning btw.

Alrighty Bruv, I get you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by weomet: 10:15am On Jul 23, 2015
CHM11:

Lol bro, my first job after NYSC was a referral from my fiance's dad. Even with that High profile recommendation, I still wrote 3 tests and attended two interviews....before I got the offer.
I thought he pulled all strings until I was in the company and had first hand experience as to how things were done . The best a referral can do there is get you a spot for the first stage test. If you fail, it ends there.

Yes I will give him my CV but I would expect to be put through the recruitment process too. Lol

I may be excellent in the job specs which will help me grow steadily on the job. A time will then come when I am probably a member of the management team, and I decide to compromise on quality to cut cost or I can decide to be involved in things that are against company policy simply because my moral compass points south.

Men....when ph people and those wey miss AC go finish jare make person start expect feedback joooor...

Did anyone hear directly that there will an extra week for those that missed their AC or is it just an assumption? I remember someone said there will be an extra week for those who missed their AC.
Also, has anyone who had their AC in lagos been reimbursed?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by weomet: 10:41am On Jul 23, 2015
coolio2014:
Whats's the full meaning of this IM that has been much used in this forum recently?

Also just saying most of these peeps that get in through "back door" are well schooled. as in foreign bachelors and masters degrees you'll be schocked. They have access to the "back door" because most times their parents are so wealthy and connected that they cannot be bothered about writing aptitude tests and the likes. Where do you think Children of commissioners, ambassadors,ministers, governors, and the likes work? Where they pay #250,000 per month? cheesy.

It's really sad that meritocracy "in recruitment" is fast becoming unfashionable. But thing is those rich kids that get i through the "back door" are so well schooled that they will likely perform as well as those that get in on merit. lol.

okay, i guess i will just comment after much hesitation...
The whole idea of 'front door' is to ensure that everyone has a level playing field to compete on. Regardless of connection, or wealthy or education it is "right" that everyone stands a equal chance of getting in, the use of 'back doors' is definitely wrong. I read posts were people(e.g scarletdp) said "CHM" (i think) should be real as most people would use d "back door" if they could...I do not doubt that most will use such a 'back door' if it was within their reach but it still does not make it right.
It is important that we disabuse our minds from thinking that the number of people doing that a particular thing makes it right, and that we should not refrain from some acts because everyone does not .
most of the obstacles we experience as youths in this country are due to the appointment of persons into positions all because they 'know someone/have the right connection'. As we are soon to be the 'leaders of tomorrow' - in the near future, we must move beyond even refusing 'back doors' to refusing to open 'back doors' for others. Only then can we have a morally clear conscience and sustainable progress as a society.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
princewealth:

pray for my success.

Good morning Nigeria.
I smell fear in your post..
Excess fear for that matter..
Are you sure you are psychologically prepared for today.??
By the way, tell us how it went..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NPComplete: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2015
weomet:

okay, i guess i will just comment after much hesitation...
The whole idea of 'front door' is to ensure that everyone has a level playing field to compete on. Regardless of connection, or wealthy or education it is "right" that everyone stands a equal chance of getting in, the use of 'back doors' is definitely wrong. I read posts were people(e.g scarletdp) said "CHM" (i think) should be real as most people would use d "back door" if they could...I do not doubt that most will use such a 'back door' if it was within their reach but it still does not make it right.
It is important that we disabuse our minds from thinking that the number of people doing that a particular thing makes it right, and that we should not refrain from some acts because everyone does not .
most of the obstacles we experience as youths in this country are due to the appointment of persons into positions all because they 'know someone/have the right connection'. As we are soon to be the 'leaders of tomorrow' - in the near future, we must move beyond even refusing 'back doors' to refusing to open 'back doors' for others. Only then can we have a morally clear conscience and sustainable progress as a society.

The only main reason we are facing these obstacles u have alluded to is that there aren't enough jobs to begin with.
In a country were jobs are being created on a massive scale over the years to match the flourishing population, u hardly hear of complains like these. That isnt a pointer to the inexistence of such methods.
There will always be backdoor recruitment as long as there are humans and there are recruitments. If the gospel according to John is to be believed, after Jesus "recruited" Andrew, the first thing Andrew did was to help in "recruiting" his brother Simon Peter.
The only thing we should keep praying for is that many great indigenous companies not unlike NLNG spring up in Nigeria thus making subsequent generations less inclined to pontificate about backdoor recruitments.
Preclusion of backdoor recruitment is not left to the integrity of the employees alone. Even people who came in sweaty and disheveled through the front door may still feel obliged to let in one or two relatives easily through the back door. The only way backdoor recruitments can be prevented is for there to be a series of checks and rigorous vetting done at different points in the recruitment process to ensure only those who meet the prearranged criteria make it through.
Even after that, there will still be that lucky guy who was born to circumvent rules and thwart procedures. You have probably heard some of them giving almost incredible testimonies in your Sunday service. smiley
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by weomet: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2015
NPComplete:

The only main reason we are facing these obstacles u have alluded to is that there aren't enough jobs to begin with.
In a country were jobs are being created on a massive scale over the years to match the flourishing population, u hardly hear of complains like these. That isnt a pointer to the inexistence of such methods.
There will always be backdoor recruitment as long as there are humans and there are recruitments. If the gospel according to John is to be believed, after Jesus "recruited" Andrew, the first thing Andrew did was to help in "recruiting" his brother Simon Peter.
The only thing we should keep praying for is that many great indigenous companies not unlike NLNG spring up in Nigeria thus making subsequent generations less inclined to pontificate about backdoor recruitments.
Preclusion of backdoor recruitment is not left to the integrity of the employees alone. Even people who came in sweaty and disheveled through the front door may still feel obliged to let in one or two relatives easily through the back door. The only way backdoor recruitments can be prevented is for there to be a series of checks and rigorous vetting done at different points in the recruitment process to ensure only those who meet the prearranged criteria make it through.
Even after that, there will still be that lucky guy who was born to circumvent rules and thwart procedures. You have probably heard some of them giving almost incredible testimonies in your Sunday service. smiley

So what you are saying is that backdoors are alright as long as:
- the 'gospel of John' exists
- there are enough jobs to go about
- they also use such in the developed world
- there are people born to circumvent rules and thwart procedures.

I will just ask one question in order to keep this issue short. If your friend fails to get a job and learns that it was because his/her slot was taken by another person who used a 'backdoor'. Would you tell your friend some/all of the four points i noted and conclude that 'these things happen' or would you empathise with your because you believe the he/she has been wronged?

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.