Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1224440 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by barbiesparkz2(f): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
dway4ward:
What has happened so quick that moderator had to remove?

No idea.
Hope all is well here.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Machini(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
grin Now we are talking.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by LumiNG: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
I think the Fact find works both ways. It's of no use asking the right question(s) if you cannot use the insights gained from the assessors' responses to justify your selection.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
LumiNG:
I think the Fact find works both ways. It's of no use asking the right question(s) if you cannot use the insights gained from the assessors' responses to justify your selection.

I quite agree.
Just felt that the assertion of only one correct answer seemed a bit far-fetched.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Guest01: 6:35am On Aug 14, 2015
No right or wrong answer in a fact finding assessment. The factors being considered are your decision making skill, your ability to probe by asking pertinent questions, your ability to think on your feet, your attitude during the conversion, your ability to defend the arguments in favour or against the decision you made(There are arguments in favour or against any of the options). It is an intelligence testing exercise.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adob16(f): 8:07am On Aug 14, 2015
smiley
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adob16(f): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2015
On Fact Finding, I think they tested some of the following

Analysing
Learning and reserching
Coping with pressures and setbacks
Deciding and initiating action
Persuding and influencing
Presenting and communicating info
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2015
So if you asked 3 questions, What are the requirements, What is the preferred location and what is the budget? You believe you will be alright? None of the options satisfied the 3, you had to make a compromise. You needed to have asked enough questions to justify the compromise. But obviously too little time and too fast information reel out.
I even remember the preferred location was vague. We will be alright in the end.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2015
NanaF:

AC went well.

Group stage was first for me and I loved my group members. I believe we did well. Playing back the conversations in my head, I'm impressed with the memebers of the group. I was the group leader. The mock group session I did at Jarus Hub was useful for this.

My best was the Fact - finding , my facilitators were so nice and it was a very interesting exercise. I liked the fact that there is no right answer, whatever you choose as a recommendation, they have challenges to throw at you. Very engaging.

The presentation was good. Long read. I was able to bring out all my points in due time. I was quite nervous at this point though cus it was my last exercise .

The interview....... Hmmmm. What I didn't like? I wished they weren't all anonymous because questions about their experience working at NLNG wasn't allowed. I found other questions to ask though and learnt a thing or two.
Please what were the other questions you basked, and the things u learnt from them.? @bolded.. ..
In my own case, the fact-finding was really tough. I had to change the first choice I made after they started interrogating me intensely.
*This comment is the 5000th***
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2015
dway4ward:
Truth is the key is in the attitude displayed. Will your reasoning for standing firm be backed by ensuring no budget overshoot or just the appearance of not being a flip flopper; or will your reason for changing recommendation be because you believe location will be more important than budget in the long run or just flowing with the tide. These show different attitudes and its now to compare the attitudes with the 4 NLNG core values and 10 behaviors.
So technically there are no wrong answers but wrong attitudes to be displayed. Again, all inferred.
Guy, e be like say you are an insider.. You know a lot about the company.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Jarus(m): 10:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Let me a real life example.

My company, an oil and gas company, recetly engaged KPMG and PwC to advise us on an issue.

Same facts, same situations, etc.

KPMG advised, after analysing the case, that we should do X. PwC advised we should do Y, the opposite.

These are world class consultants, with consultants that have probably more than 20 years experience, spanning many countries.

Yet, they both presented like 5-page analysis of why we should do X and Y.

They were paid thousands of dollars to advice us on that decision.

Yet, different perspectives.

That happened in my company like 2 years ago. That's a real life business.

I tend to believe fact-finding doesnt have one single right answer. There may be 'more right' but you can actually defend a 'less right' and still perform better.

My advice is, go for the one you will be able to justify more. Be prepared to defend loopholes in it. Every choice will always have cons.

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Bros I no be insider ooh. I just had 2 years to prepare for the 1 day, there's so much information you can get in that period. Saying these so the successful ones can quickly imbibe the company culture.
Na God eye we all dey look to.
tk4rd:

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by tk4rd: 11:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Oga Jarus, I want to ask..
Were you aware that fact-finding was part of the a.c exercise when you were doing the mock exercise.?
Or the integrity/secrecy oath kept the "hint" away from you too.??
#Justasking#..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
tk4rd:
Were you aware that fact-finding was part of the a.c exercise when you were doing the mock exercise.?
#Justasking#..

Jarus session was useful for the group exercise i.e working in teams. I'm not sure whether he had hints or not , but most likely not .

He did a Role Play exercise, that didn't happen. The presentation at the mock was based on a short narrative and was nothing like what we encountered.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
Maximum of 2 months wait....we will soon shout hallelujah.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Switlife: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
Jarus:
Let me a real life example.

My company, an oil and gas company, recetly engaged KPMG and PwC to advise us on an issue.

Same facts, same situations, etc.

KPMG advised, after analysing the case, that we should do X. PwC advised we should do Y, the opposite.

These are world class consultants, with consultants that have probably more than 20 years experience, spanning many countries.

Yet, they both presented like 5-page analysis of why we should do X and Y.

They were paid thousands of dollars to advice us on that decision.

Yet, different perspectives.

That happened in my company like 2 years ago. That's a real life business.

I tend to believe fact-finding doesnt have one single right answer. There may be 'more right' but you can actually defend a 'less right' and still perform better.

My advice is, go for the one you will be able to justify more. Be prepared to defend loopholes in it. Every choice will always have cons.

Mr Suraj on point! You will soon be poached from that your company.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hehehe somebody just edited his/her post, but I read and screengrabbed it before he/she changed it. grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Crr7: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
dway4ward:
So if you asked 3 questions, What are the requirements, What is the preferred location and what is the budget? You believe you will be alright? None of the options satisfied the 3, you had to make a compromise. You needed to have asked enough questions to justify the compromise. But obviously too little time and too fast information reel out.
I even remember the preferred location was vague. We will be alright in the end.
Yeah, in the end we will all be right.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
ladyF:
Hehehe somebody just edited his/her post, but I read and screengrabbed it before he/she changed it. grin
Lol somebody pleaded with somebody so somebody will edit somebody's post.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
ladyF:

Hi ladyF, are you the same person who is always first to comment on almost all Nairaland's posts? Just curious cheesy
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
adenitemi:

Hi ladyF, are you the same person who is always first to comment on almost all Nairaland's posts? Just curious cheesy
lol grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
₦ 500,000/M smiley

₦ 600,000/M cheesy cheesy

₦ 700,000/M grin grin grin

₦ 800,000/M grin grin grin grin

₦ 900,000/M undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Some people are already fainting
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
TheSauce:
₦ 500,000/M smiley

₦ 600,000/M cheesy cheesy

₦ 700,000/M grin grin grin

₦ 800,000/M grin grin grin grin

₦ 900,000/M undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Some people are already fainting

Which one did your 'sauce' tell you? grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
NanaF:

Which one did your 'sauce' tell you? grin

My Sauce told me 1,000,000,000,000,000 per day. Use whatever currency you want. grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
tk4rd:

It doesnt take an insider to know that. It is on their website for those that border to research their site.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Jarus(m): 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
tk4rd:
#Justasking#..

If I had exact details, I would be glad to share.

I ran the mock based on general knowledge of how AC works, not on specific NLNG. In other words, we used general template.

The AC ran for like 2 months and even the 'secrecy' thing affected me too. None of my candidates disclosed anything to me until after the whole batches had completed. A couple gave general feedback. No one was specific. And of course, I respected their decision. They are adults and this was a business relationship, I can't force them.

So we ran the general template throughout and good to hear now that the "secrecy" period is over that it was helpful, especially for group discussion and confidence/familiarity building.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by sexyjob(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
When I remember all that happened before and during the AC. I lose hope but because God is on the throne and he is merciful, I shall have a unique testimony. By standards of men, I have failed. Surprisingly, by my standard I am sure I failed. But, who am I or who are you to decide my destiny? God has the final say. #TeamTestimony

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 2:41am On Aug 15, 2015
Presentation for me was bloody. I spent a considerable amount of time reading the material and was nearly caught napping. I was just able to squeeze in a presentation.

That evil scarletpimperne had waaaay too much insight into the AC. Some stuff he emailed me after I had done my AC popped my eyes. the SHL Multiple Assessment Portfolio link alone was a dead give away.

Northville all the way for Fact finding. On time and within budget. When you manage projects those two things alone and u are a Project Management super star

Oooh and for group work, for the first 10mins everybody was yarning dust. Shout out to my group leader who Controlled the conversation well, my group scribe who wrote all our decisions down on d flip chart and my group timekeeper who kept screaming that we were running out of time! I was overjoyed when one mechanical engineering grad wasn't on my floor let alone my group. That guy was spoiling for war.

Shout out to d bonny girl and spacyzuma who gave mehn appetite to eat the snails with reckless abandon.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2015
airsaylongcon:
Presentation for me was bloody. I spent a considerable amount of time reading the material and was nearly caught napping. I was just able to squeeze in a presentation.

That evil scarletpimperne had waaaay too much insight into the AC. Some stuff he emailed me after I had done my AC popped my eyes. the SHL Multiple Assessment Portfolio link alone was a dead give away.

Northville all the way for Fact finding. On time and within budget. When you manage projects those two things alone and u are a Project Management super star

Oooh and for group work, for the first 10mins everybody was yarning dust. Shout out to my group leader who Controlled the conversation well, my group scribe who wrote all our decisions down on d flip chart and my group timekeeper who kept screaming that we were running out of time! I was overjoyed when one mechanical engineering grad wasn't on my floor let alone my group. That guy was spoiling for war.

Shout out to d bonny girl and spacyzuma who gave mehn appetite to eat the snails with reckless abandon.

The snails tho grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2015
Was Northville the one on the new construction site, or the one with a twin building with no creche close by?
airsaylongcon:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 9:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Also in project management you do not manage strictly around the triple constraints, they are a good measure of project success, but if your project is within time, budget and scope; but stakeholders unhappy it'll be a failure cos it won't be used. So there's a bit more to it.
airsaylongcon:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by spacyzuma(m): 9:16am On Aug 15, 2015
airsaylongcon:

LMAO grin
You're welcome!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.