Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1227162 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 12:17am On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
which approval grin ? It's no graduate trainee anymore. I know a friend in shell that's a manager now. I am not sure she will want the position of a trainee even if na double salary. Our "lawmakers" are turning the industry into something else. I hope what it is now with Venezuela won't be the case in a short term.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/napims-shell-total-agip-disagree-selection-gas-projects-10bn-lng-trains-7-8/

E reach to ask "which approval". Let's speculate on what we know
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 8:09am On May 10, 2017
chuksze:

Yet another shifting cultivation.
There’s no surprise in that. I wld have been astonished if they act(ed) swiftly.

Was wondering the reason for all the excitement. If I have learnt only 1 thing in the past 4 years!! (chaii) it is “Be patient, it’s not over until the final whistle and I carry the cup” i.e. never celebrate early. The hangover from celebrating last year is still affecting some of us.
Ask Bayern Munich (1999, 2012), AC Milan (2005), Italy (Euro 2000) etc.

Until we receive mails with attachments (preferably offers) I see absolutely no reason to rejoice.

In the end, my Father’s will is being played out perfectly. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 8:12am On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:
My prayer is that the new guys will be in by the time Chelsea begin their title defense...
So if they don't win the league we are finished. cry
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 8:14am On May 10, 2017
ceetee:

So if they don't win the league we are finished. cry

To be fair Tottenham aren't going to catch Chelsea in this lifetime...I'm only saying this because I am a Gooner.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 8:19am On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

To be fair Tottenham aren't going to catch Chelsea in this lifetime...I'm only saying this because I am a Gooner.
Ok fair enough. But imagine if you said
"My prayer is that the new guys will be in by the time ARSENAL begin their title defense..."
Everyone will just pack their bags and go home. Cos the successful ones are not yet born...... grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 8:20am On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
which approval grin ? It's no graduate trainee anymore. I know a friend in shell that's a manager now. I am not sure she will want the position of a trainee even if na double salary. Our "lawmakers" are turning the industry into something else. I hope what it is now with Venezuela won't be the case in a short term.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/napims-shell-total-agip-disagree-selection-gas-projects-10bn-lng-trains-7-8/

I'm not saying you are lying but there is no way a person who was only qualified to be a graduate trainee could be a manager in Shell within 4 years....maybe your friend is telling porkies grin grin grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 8:21am On May 10, 2017
ceetee:

"My prayer is that the new guys will be in by the time ARSENAL begin their title defense..."
Everyone will just pack their bags and go home. Cos the successful ones are not yet born...... grin

I didn't....this talking in code is tiring....the information is out there and if you choose to disbelieve it's up to you.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 8:23am On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

I didn't....this talking in code is tiring....the information is out there and if you choose to disbelieve it's up to you.
I never talk in code. What u see is what u get....it was just a football joke.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 8:40am On May 10, 2017
This got me cracking up grin grin grin grin

ceetee:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 8:46am On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

I'm not saying you are lying but there is no way a person who was only qualified to be a graduate trainee could be a manager in Shell within 4 years....maybe your friend is telling porkies grin grin grin
should I share the linkedin profile with you?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
should I share the linkedin profile with you?

Please do
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2017
ceetee:

I never talk in code. What u see is what u get....it was just a football joke.

I understood the joke...it was speaking only of myself.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:53am On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

Please do
You can search with the position name. HR. Account Manager. I know for sure sky is that starting point if you are truly brilliant and smart in Shell. I can't say about NLNG.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
You can search with the position name. HR. Account Manager. I know for sure sky is that starting point if you are truly brilliant and smart in Shell. I can't say about NLNG.

Thanks for clarifying...Your friend is not a liar and neither are you.

Allow me to explain.

A HR Account Manager is the glorified description of a HR Client Services officer...the role is likened to that of a relationship manager in a bank...job description has manager, job grade is not a manager.

The HR Account Manager is basically your HR Account Officer...I personally know a Senior Officer seconded to Shell as HR. Account Manager...said officer is not even close to being manager in parent company.

smiley

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

Thanks for clarifying...Your friend is not a liar and neither are you.

Allow me to explain.

A HR Account Manager is the glorified description of a HR Client Services officer...the role is likened to that of a relationship manager in a bank...job description has manager, job grade is not a manager.

The HR Account Manager is basically your HR Account Officer...I personally know a Senior Officer seconded to Shell as HR. Account Manager...said officer is not even close to being manager in parent company.

smiley
at least it is glorified grin . I am not sure "trainee" with that years of experience is grin . If the description has manager, it means the individual is being reported to by some Folks and is responsible for some actions and decisions. I want to believe it's more challenging than a trainee role.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 1:31pm On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
at least it is glorified grin . I am not sure "trainee" with that years of experience is grin . If the description has manager, it means the individual is being reported to by some Folks and is responsible for some actions and decisions. I want to believe it's more challenging than a trainee role.

LOL

from my understanding, it is not a supervisory role.

You manage the relationship between HR and the employee...The term 'trainee' is not necessarily a job description. It is a description of status within a company usually immediately after employment and prior to confirmation.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

LOL

from my understanding, it is not a supervisory role.

You manage the relationship between HR and the employee...The term 'trainee' is not necessarily a job description. It is a description of status within a company usually immediately after employment and prior to confirmation.
ok, let's call it junior manager. grin but not in grade . I never said it was a job description, it's a position as you said status as such there are limited responsibilities compared to that of a confirmed employee. Ok, I understand, your point is NLNG is looking to recruit "Graduate" employees and not Trainees as people see it as there can be Trainee Senior Managers at sometime in an organisation grin
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 10, 2017
Fate has chosen to dilly-dally with us; hide and seek games.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 4:25pm On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
ok, let's call it junior manager. grin but not in grade . I never said it was a job description, it's a position as you said status as such there are limited responsibilities compared to that of a confirmed employee. Ok, I understand, your point is NLNG is looking to recruit "Graduate" employees and not Trainees as people see it as there can be Trainee Senior Managers at sometime in an organisation grin

you're trolling now...If you think you are going to make manager in 2 years you're dreaming lol
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

you're trolling now...If you think you are going to make manager in 2 years you're dreaming lol
well, what you mean is General manager/ product line manager, HRM e.t.c . I want to believe you know what's called fast track program. 2 years may be small but not 3 or 4 for account managers. Like you called it glorified... fact remains title is "manager" grin

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by cc150615(f): 7:30pm On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

After resisting the urge to comment on this matter for so long, lemme say why don't you leave whoever wants to be deceived by some well packaged LinkedIn profile to believe whatever they want, when they come into the real world they'll understand better.
I laffed so hard when I read 'the sky is your starting point if you're really smart and brilliant in shell'. The young man said it with so much assurance. People should learn to forget the ideals and deal with the real world before beating their chest on whatever.
Sorry if I derailed the thread but I just had to let this out!

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 10, 2017
cc150615:

After resisting the urge to comment on this matter for so long, lemme say why don't you leave whoever wants to be deceived by some well packaged LinkedIn profile to believe whatever they want, when they come into the real world they'll understand better.
I laffed so hard when I read 'the sky is your starting point if you're really smart and brilliant in shell'. The young man said it with so much assurance. People should learn to forget the ideals and deal with the real world before beating their chest on whatever.
if you can't package yourself well, you should not expect any better than you get. @ second bolded, will you say brilliant minds don't shine in multinational companies. I know not one not 2 not even 3 peeps in IOCs that are doing well. I can say boldy that they are brilliant. Do you know me that you know where my assurance is coming from? 2 got the job before end of service, 1 after Masters, the other after 2 year at home. See no matter the politics, hardwork and brilliance will always tell. Yes, we know politics exist. What's there in the real world. You made no sense as you did not state what's obtainable in the real world in your own thoughts.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 9:39pm On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
well, what you mean is General manager/ product line manager, HRM e.t.c . I want to believe you know what's called fast track program. 2 years may be small but not 3 or 4 for account managers. Like you called it glorified... fact remains title is "manager" grin

It's easier to talk when you're outside. I rest my case.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2017
cc150615:

I love this comment.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by thegreengooner(m): 9:41pm On May 10, 2017
majekdom2:
if you can't package yourself well, you should not expect any better than you get. @ second bolded, will you say brilliant minds don't shine in multinational companies. I know not one not 2 not even 3 peeps in IOCs that are doing well. I can say boldy that they are brilliant. Do you know me that you know where my assurance is coming from? 2 got the job before end of service, 1 after Masters, the other after 2 year at home. See no matter the politics, hardwork and brilliance will always tell. Yes, we know politics exist. What's there in the real world. You made no sense as you did not state what's obtainable in the real world in your own thoughts.

Don't worry we have heard...there is no such thing as packaging. Let me just drop that truth here.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

It's easier to talk when you're outside. I rest my case.
you perhaps didn't understand my posts. I said, I am not sure an individual who is 3 years gone in shell and already has the glorified title- Manager will want to take up to "trainee" position in NLNG. You mentioned and said, it's not possible to be a manager in 3 years with shell. I came up with the position, you called it glorified- "Bad belle talk" -and said it's not regarded as I see it. I came with another posts and you have just said it's easier talking when I am outside. I understand business structures and I know the type of managers you are talking. Note I didn't mention pay or benefit. My point is simple the guy has progressed beyond what NLNG should call a trainee.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 10, 2017
thegreengooner:

Don't worry we have heard...there is no such thing as packaging. Let me just drop that truth here.
aren't you contradicting your "company" that insinuated th individuals have packaged their profiles. Should I say you both are confused... @ bolded, that's your opinion and its no truth!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by SmartFarms: 10:24pm On May 10, 2017
I am just very confused.... with the recruitment, with the argument up there, with everything...

Lemme just head back to my SmartFarm! NLNG will call when they want to.

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:17am On May 11, 2017
I think they should remove "care" as one of their values... In this recruitment they have not portrayed that in the tiniest bit... What stops them from communicating with the "medicalisted" people? Send another "higher assurances" mail while you get your act together instead of leaving everyone to speculate what they feel might be going on.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dane15: 9:19am On May 11, 2017
Dear All,

We thank God for finally abolishing the walls of separation between "medicallisted" and "waitlisted" in terms of the definition of "successful" in this race. This is a news that has set our group buzzing with joy.

God can do anything, anyhow, anywhere and at anytime. The only obstacle is our belief.

However, another Medusa has raised its ugly head and we need the help of both groups to tackle this menace and it is the proposed NLNG Act amendment.

This is an issue that may affect us both now and after resumption as well and for this reason we need to come together as a team to tackle it. Teamwork nor be for mouth...

We are therefore requesting every successful candidate to retweet these tweets:

1. @ProfOsinbajo @NGRSenate @SPNigeria @YakubDogara Sirs, please reject the NLNG Act Amendment it is anti FDI & Nigerians will lose 18K+ jobs.

2. https://twitter.com/aMichaelO6/status/862572187911421954

3. https://twitter.com/adepetcares/status/862564440109187072

4. https://twitter.com/Tajuddeeng/status/862567086131957765?s=09

5. @dawisu @Omojuwa @DrDamages @SaharaReporters http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/nlng-act-amendment-cripple-trains-78-25bn-investment/ … Please retweet

The handles of the Senate President and the Nigerian Senate have been tagged. Let us leave out NLNG and the bosses so they will not think we are sponsored.

Let us also do an additional 4 creative tweets per day. Please we are honorable people. Let us not use insults in our tweets. It should be politely crafted.

Five tweets from all 140 of us could lead to 10,000 tweets per day.

Remember the T in ITEC/ITREC. Teamwork nor be for mouth.

Let us make some NOISE for our employer.

Your dear Successful,

Dane15

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 9:33am On May 11, 2017
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scholarBaba: 10:11am On May 11, 2017
Employer that has refused to make any commitment to you and left us in limbo for soooooo long

Please dont be offended by the post, nothing personal against you. Just that i will be more disposed to raising a voice for them if they can only show some atom of care for us all also.

They should at least say something reassuring to us in official capacity.

Thats all.

dane15:
Dear All,

We thank God for finally abolishing the walls of separation between "medicallisted" and "waitlisted" in terms of the definition of "successful" in this race. This is a news that has set our group buzzing with joy.

God can do anything, anyhow, anywhere and at anytime. The only obstacle is our belief.

However, another Medusa has raised its ugly head and we need the help of both groups to tackle this menace and it is the proposed NLNG Act amendment.

This is an issue that may affect us both now and after resumption as well and for this reason we need to come together as a team to tackle it. Teamwork nor be for mouth...

We are therefore requesting every successful candidate to retweet these tweets:

1. @ProfOsinbajo @NGRSenate @SPNigeria @YakubDogara Sirs, please reject the NLNG Act Amendment it is anti FDI & Nigerians will lose 18K+ jobs.

2. https://twitter.com/aMichaelO6/status/862572187911421954

3. https://twitter.com/adepetcares/status/862564440109187072

4. https://twitter.com/Tajuddeeng/status/862567086131957765?s=09

5. @dawisu @Omojuwa @DrDamages @SaharaReporters http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/nlng-act-amendment-cripple-trains-78-25bn-investment/ … Please retweet

The handles of the Senate President and the Nigerian Senate have been tagged. Let us leave out NLNG and the bosses so they will not think we are sponsored.

Let us also do an additional 4 creative tweets per day. Please we are honorable people. Let us not use insults in our tweets. It should be politely crafted.

Five tweets from all 140 of us could lead to 10,000 tweets per day.

Remember the T in ITEC/ITREC. Teamwork nor be for mouth.

Let us make some NOISE for our employer.

Your dear Successful,

Dane15

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.