Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja (29941 Views)

Tragedy Averted As Aircraft Tyre Bursts / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Air Crash Averted In Lagos After Abuja-bound Plane Develops Fault After Take-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by dont8(m): 1:04am On Oct 29, 2013

Another air disaster was averted at the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja on Monday as a Med-View Airlines aircraft from Lagos suddenly took to the air again at the point of landing in Abuja.

The pilot told the passengers that he took to the air again to avoid a collision with another aircraft on the tarmac.

The airline Flight VL2104 took off from the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos at noon and was scheduled to land in Abuja at about 1.05pm.

The pilot had already announced final descent into Abuja and asked all passengers and cabin crew to fasten their seat belts but the pilot suddenly took off to the air again with barely 30 seconds to touch ground.

The plane had 150 passengers on board. A correspondent of The PUNCH was one of the passengers.

After about three minutes of gaining altitude, the pilot announced that he decided to take off again to avoid colliding with an aircraft that was on ground.

He said that after he had been granted clearance to land, it was later discovered that the other aircraft was not fast enough, hence his decision to take off.

The aircraft hovered for another 20 minutes in the air before finally landing at about 1.30pm.

While the drama lasted, the passengers were panic-stricken, especially when the plane entered into turbulent weather on air.

The PUNCH correspondent said that among the passengers were five different complete families.

One of the passengers, a nursing mother, who was breastfeeding her son at the time the pilot took off again reportedly withdrew the breast from the boy’s mouth and started praying profusely while the baby’s cry rented the air.

When the plane finally landed, the passengers struggled to disembark.

“Are you still sitting down? Let me rush down in case it will suddenly take off again,” a middle-aged man was heard teasing one of his co-passengers.

The incident came less than a month after an Embraer aircraft operated by Associated Airlines with registration number SCD 361, conveying the corpse of a former Governor of Ondo State, Chief Olusegun Agagu, from Lagos to Akure for burial, crashed on October 3 shortly after take-off at Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos.

Thirteen passengers in the crashed plane were killed, including a commissioner in Ondo State, Deji Falae.

http://www.punchng.com/news/another-plane-crash-averted-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by dont8(m): 1:06am On Oct 29, 2013
This ish is getting boring and crazy, I smell sabotage!

9 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by 80million1: 1:13am On Oct 29, 2013
*speechless*

2 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by dont8(m): 1:36am On Oct 29, 2013
I am more than speechless, it's getting boring already, the place needs 'fresh air', cos it's hot to handle for some people already.
#80million:
*speechless*
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by BluMalam(m): 2:10am On Oct 29, 2013
This report is very questionable.

Med View airlines solely airlifts muslim pilgrims, amongst which pregnant/nursing mothers are not found as they are forbidden to go on pilgrimage. Therefore the 'nursing mother' angle invalidates the story completely. Correct me if i'm wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by luvmijeje(f): 2:15am On Oct 29, 2013
This is getting too much, for the main time, the President should move Oduah to ministry of women affair till he grows a big ball. He should stop playing politics with with our lives.

9 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by dont8(m): 2:20am On Oct 29, 2013
You are wrong, my friend. They offer domestic flights; for now, they fly Lagos-Abuja-Enugu-Yola and Porthacourt daily.

For more, you can visit their site http://www.medviewairline.com
Blu Malam: This report is very questionable.

Med View airlines solely airlifts muslim pilgrims, amongst which pregnant/nursing mothers are not found as they are forbidden to go on pilgrimage. Therefore the 'nursing mother' angle invalidates the story completely. Correct me if i'm wrong.

29 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Ikengawo: 2:27am On Oct 29, 2013
Yo. Ro. Ba.

5 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by gbanikiti(m): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2013
“Are you still sitting down? Let me rush down
in case it will suddenly take off again,” a
middle-aged man was heard teasing one of his
co-passengers.

LOL! grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Tolexander: 7:08am On Oct 29, 2013
The pilot told the passengers
that he took to the air again
to avoid a collision with
another aircraft on the
tarmac
shey the plane no gat break to apply in order not to hit the plane in the tarmac instead of going back to the air?

“Are you still sitting down?
Let me rush down
in case it will suddenly take
off again,” a
middle-aged man was heard
teasing one of his
co-passengers
.this woman don board 'molue' tire.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by xynerise: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2013
Tolexander: shey the plane no gat break ni?
No, the acceleration don rust
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2013
Nonsense! The onslaught by Tinubu's Punch and co has now reached the extent of reporting everything that happens in the industry as another "averted crash". Yeye dey smell.

36 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Tolexander: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Nonsense! The onslaught by Tinubu's Punch and co has now reached the extent of reporting everything that happens in the industry as another "averted crash". Yeye dey smell.
i can see that sincerity is your deficiency!

If the plane had not gone back to the air and had hit the plane in the tarmac, what is that called?

If car jam car what is it called?

37 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by dridowu: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Ds news is scary
dont8:
“Are you still sitting down? Let me rush down in case it will suddenly take off again,” a middle-aged man was heard teasing one of his co-passengers.

but ds point is got me laughing
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Ngokafor(f): 7:55am On Oct 29, 2013
.....Breaking news!!!.. a 'massive' crash averted yesterday in abuja..

..feelers from a 'reliable source' was that the near crash was as a resault of the terrible fart released by the pilots..

..in other to prevent such things from happening in future,Stella must go!!!..she cannot be allowed to sit around and watch Nigerians die because of her incompetence...how can she allow pilots fart indiscriminately and endanger the lives of nigerians like that!..

...P.S..the above is the kind of junk journalism that will make headlines soon cos we are getting there..smh..

23 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by LMAyedun(m): 7:56am On Oct 29, 2013
Na wah ooo.

Since Octo.3rd of Agagu's air disaster there've been one air disaster averted, a plane collision or one #255m car scandal all within the aviation sector within a month.

Is all these a form of setup to discredit Stella Oduah to get her fired or what?

Nigeria, I hail thee
dont8:
When the plane finally landed, the passengers struggled to disembark.

LOL!!! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by gerald09(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2013
Now it tym to blame stella for packing the plane @ d tamac.

15 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by sCun: 8:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Blame it on Stella?
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by LMAyedun(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Keneking:

Na wa for this people from the west sef.
Are you Okay?
Was 'West' mentioned in the report?
Olodo!!

13 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Trailblazerng(m): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2013
gerald09: Now it tym to blame stella for packing the plane @ d tamac.
Lolz, you wicked o!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2013
Tolexander: i can see that sincerity is your deficiency!

If the plane had not gone back to the air and had hit the plane in the tarmac, what is that called?

If car jam car what is it called?
So every swerve or slowing down/acceleration of vehicles on the road should now be reported as averted road crash? Yeye dey smell big time!

26 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Abacharles(m): 8:20am On Oct 29, 2013
“Are you still sitting down? Let me rush
down in case it will suddenly take off
again,” a middle-aged man was heard
teasing one of his co-passengers. Omo, you no fear?
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by gerald09(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Stella must go, for packing the plane @ d tarmac and leaving it dere

Stella must go for not cleaning the Med View plane windscreen in d morning b4 take off, which prevented the pilot from not noticing a plane @ d tarmac.

Stella must go, cos she no inform the pilot that dere was a plane on the tarmac during landing.

Stella must go, cos she no do routine checks @ d tarmac.

Stella must go cos she didn't check planes before it takes off

Stella must go, Stella must go.
Stella must go, cos

17 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by Tolexander: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
So every swerve or slowing down/acceleration of vehicles on the road should now be reported as averted road crash? Yeye dey smell big time!
thank God you can also perceive the yeye in the air.

Don't you know planes are sophisticated engines that command attention when a little thing happens most especially on board?

Compare the numbers of road accidents that can be equated to a plane crash.
Compare the traffic to a plane crash news to a road crash news.

10 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by ilaugh1: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2013
Nonsense story to sell a newspaper. The other plane wasnt moving fast enough, the Pilot noticed and went up again. So, you begin to blame Stella, GEJ and the entire Nigeria for the other plane not moving fast enough. Beside, it is a common practice for a plane to stay in the air if it couldnt land properly.

16 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by israel007: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2013
Same thing happened to us 2 months back. And it was same medview
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by favouredseed(f): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Blu Malam: This report is very questionable.

U are very wrong, Med-view also goes domestic routes, I even boarded it on a domestic route few days back.

2 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted In Abuja by LMAyedun(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2013
Ikengawo: Yo. Ro. Ba.
This guy should be arrested, he is a criminal & an illiterate.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Crushes Man To Death In Port Harcourt (photos) / Photos Of Gashaka-Gumpti National Park In Taraba, Nigeria / Three Die In Lagos Bus Explosion (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.