Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? (1879 Views)

Which Nigerian Musician Has The Best Stage Performance? / Who Has The Best Stage Performance Amongst All Ur Favourite Nigerian Artistes / Why Isn't The Radio Rocking No More?/ How Will They Stop Downloads Etc: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by elektra80: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2013
I was outside the country sometimes last year and there was this concert, A few Nigerian Artists were on stage. It was a much publicized concert, the gate fee was a fortune. But what really bothered me was the artists on stage didn't even put up any stage worthy performance, they were all miming and lip syncing. From D'Banj to 9ice, from Kas to Davido, M.I, Tiwa Savage, .. all of them. I mean If they will come on stage to mime their songs, then why do we pay a lot of money to invite and watch them, we can as well get a dj to play their songs.

The last time D'banj came to Malaysia, I heard he was paid $50,000 because I am close to the organizers. $50,000, plus ticket, plus hotel and chicks, and yet u come on stage to mime ur song.. that is a scam. The last time 9ice and Nigga Raw also came same thing, they came on stage by 4am and finished by 5am after miming a few of their songs, and yet they get paid lots of money. Now I am not talking small parties like a birthday or wedding, in such case miming ur song is no problem, I am talking about real concerts where u are supposed to actually perform ur songs.

I watched Rihana's 777 concert and wow, the babe really did a lot of work. So much energy and she performed all songs live, no lip syncing, no cd's. All the beats were manufactured right there on the stage... that is how a live concert should be. Now I am not asking Nigerian artists to manufacture their beats on stage, but at least have cd's of ur instrumental and then sing the actual songs instead of playing their sings and they lip syncing. Our artists are getting lazy, before a stage performance they get high and come and perform rubbish because they know whatever they give we fans will take. There re a few artists out there they give a real stage performance. I watched Asa on stage some times ago and I was really impressed. Did all songs live, there was a live band, no stupid instrumentals, so much energy, value for money.. that is how a stage performance should be.

So who do I blame? I don't blame the artists, I blame the organizers and the fans. If Organizers can insist that these artists put up a good performance or get sued, if fans can boo them and throw things at them whenever they come to lip sync instead of screaming and hailing them, maybe they can learn to work hard and really earn the huge amount they are paid. What do u have to say peeps, all opinions are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by Infomizer(m): 8:12am On Oct 29, 2013
I'll blame the organizers here. Only few fans know that what they get is junk. The majority 'll take whatever you give 'em (e.g what's up 9ja) and be happy. I was at motherlan some years back and Lagbaja murdered the audience. Jazzman olofin performed his hit track (lip-synced of course) there that same night but the difference was clear! Lip-syncing sux...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by elektra80: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Infomizer: I'll blame the organizers here. Only few fans know that what they get is junk. The majority 'll take whatever you give 'em (e.g what's up 9ja) and be happy. I was at motherlan some years back and Lagbaja murdered the audience. Jazzman olofin performed his hit track (lip-synced of course) there that same night but the difference was clear! Lip-syncing sux...

Yes Lip- syncing really sux. If u ask me I prefer to watch the sharp band at comedy club than watch Davido lip-syncing on stage. Gone are the days where artists need to work hard to perform on stage, these days they give us rubbish. If only fans can rise up against them and demand a REAL performance or ask for a refund... or better still boycott their shows.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by Infomizer(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2013
elektra80:

Yes Lip- syncing really sux. If u ask me I prefer to watch the sharp band at comedy club than watch Davido lip-syncing on stage. Gone are the days where artists need to work hard to perform on stage, these days they give us rubbish. If only fans can rise up against them and demand a REAL performance or ask for a refund... or better still boycott their shows.
That's what you'll do as a soji fan, the average fan wouldn't. The average fan wins because s/he is in the majority. Tis pitiable tho'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
We are been exploited by greedy promoters and marketers... And most of their shows are even album listening party not the original stage performance those American musicians perform on stage...
The same Whizkid ll perform in London and the gate fee ll be £10 - £15.. But when they perform on home soil, tickets are sold for N10,000 and above.
There's even this new trend of VVIP, a table could go as high as N1 million.. WTH.. And people still go, its pure dross

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by elektra80: 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ogbeche77: We are been exploited by greedy promoters and marketers... And most of their shows are even album listening party not the original stage performance those American musicians perform on stage...
The same Whizkid ll perform in London and the gate fee ll be £10 - £15.. But when they perform on home soil, tickets are sold for N10,000 and above.
There's even this new trend of VVIP, a table could go as high as N1 million.. WTH.. And people still go, its pure dross

Oh yes, the new thing now is the so called table for 10 for 1 million. I was at AY's Easter show earlier this year, Non of the artists that performed put up a good show, they were all miming their songs and fans were praising them.. If not for the comedians that actually did well, it would have been a waste of time and money. Fans need to realize that these artists are conning us . Maybe they need to watch what we call a real live performance someday. The only time lip syncing or miming should be forgiven is when the artist dances on stage , e.g P Square. We know it is hard to dance and sing at the same time

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artists Stage Performance, When Will They Stop Cheating Us? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2013
elektra80:

Oh yes, the new thing now is the so called table for 10 for 1 million. I was at AY's Easter show earlier this year, Non of the artists that performed put up a good show, they were all miming their songs and fans were praising them.. If not for the comedians that actually did well, it would have been a waste of time and money. Fans need to realize that these artists are conning us . Maybe they need to watch what we call a real live performance someday. The only time lip syncing or miming should be forgiven is when the artist dances on stage , e.g P Square. We know it is hard to dance and sing at the same time
and do peeps actually pay N1 million to listen to boring and repeated jokes that AY and the other comedians crack?
EFCC needs to start combing these events grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Murdered It? (BELIEVE- DJ Neptune Ft Sarkodie And Phyno) / Download Music: Tekno – Wash (prod. DJ Coublon)‎ / Has Ruggedman's Music Become Blunt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.