Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? (11976 Views)

Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Nigerian Governor's Wives (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by stanech: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2006
The best goveronor is Governor Donald Duke of Cross river he is the only gov without a chief, Dr, Alhaji or Rev in his name
other good governors are Gbenga Daniel, sokoto and bauchi state governors,

words opposite
Duke Igbinedion
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 8:48am On Jun 17, 2006
gbade. x:

Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? lol, i'd pick The Lagos State Governor Ahmed Tinubu.GBAM!

Where is ur proof?

babadee:

1. Gov Bola Ahmed Tinubu 0f Lagos - Keep decieving the people, they are probably blinded to the poor state of affairs in Lagos by your Jiggi Bola.

I still havent seen what you meant by ur statement, pls more convincing proof?
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by sleekmike(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2006
Achike Udenwa of Imo State is the worst Governor ever.
His leadership is the worst thing that happened to imo state.
1. Education- He left the Imo state educatioinal standard worse than he met it
2. Health- he did not
It can go on and on.
If he escapes the EFCC on the L.G. funds, then something is fishing somewhere
To his people Orlu, he did nothing remarkable. He could not bring the Imo state university to Orlu even when the school has no business being in Owereri.
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by toshmann(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2006
i thot no one will mention achike ude-onwu's name?

grin
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by slimnike(m): 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2006
Give what belongs to ceser to ceser.Lucky is the Man.
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2006
Worst performing guvnors
the nominees are
1 peter odili
2 Orji Kalu
3 Lucky Igbinedion
and the award goes to
Drum roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by thirdeye(m): 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2006
Guys don't you notice one thing about the non-performing governors? they are all UGLY!! Ladies runs away from them when they were young.They are all suffering from carry over of childhood rejections,that's why they believe everybody hates them .So they must fight the people back .Let's take the rol call
IGBINEDION,ASIWAJU,ATTAH, E.T.C
check the performing once
DUKE,MUAZU,DANIEL, E.T.C
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2006
it has nothing to do with their looks orji is not ugly and odili is not ugly abeg give anada excuse.

they are just sick ass bastards and they only wanna use our money for luxurious cars only
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by juddywoko(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2006
Well 2 me oo,d worst Governor ever is gover lucky igbinedion of edo state.u guys should try and take a travel 2 edo state and see 4 ur selves the bad image of that state.though it's my state but the gov did not do anything atall, the people of d state are all complaining and reining curses on him.he doesn't care about d welfare of his people.he is selfish,stingy and wicked.even his father is disappointed in him.only God to save us,
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by juddywoko(m): 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2006
@ ashiwaju.do u want to tell me that u have not benefitted 4rm tinubu's administration?na wa 4 u oo.abeg leave d man o jare! infact he is d best governor so far aside donald duke of cross river state.so think twice and repost ur reply ok.
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2006
it is either you are not following the topic or you misunderstood me, pls read my post again!
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by juddywoko(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
@ i was actually referring 2 d statement u made dat he is deceiving people.but i think he has really done much 4 lagosians.abi he never pay ur NECO OR WAEC FEE B/4?
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2006
I still insist you go back and read my earlier post! and i would keep mute henceforth if you still dont understand my post! or do you need someone to interprete for you?
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by mrmayor(m): 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2006
stanech:

The best goveronor is Governor Donald Duke of Cross river he is the only gov without a chief, Dr, Alhaji or Rev in his name
other good governors are Gbenga Daniel, sokoto and bauchi state governors,

words opposite
Duke Igbinedion

To All Duke Fans,

I have seen people state how great Mr Donald Duke is, all I know about the guy is he's building a Nigerian version of Dubai,TINAPA.I must commend for at-least having a vision.
My grudge is whats his performance on the real issues like Health,Education,Creation of Jobs,Law and Order and respect for Human Rights.
I don't know about you guys but any PDP governor is a THIEF in my book,he will never get a knock on the door from EFCC.

Cheers
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by somebody(f): 2:08am On Jun 22, 2006
mrmayor, if other governors had such vision(TINAPA) in at least one aspect in their state, then I think the people won't complain so much. Truth is TINAPA and obudu would provide employment for thousands as well as income and increased profile for the state. From what I've heard Duke examined the opportunities for development in Cross River and thought tourism was the best option for his state. My calabar friend told me quite recently that Duke cannot finish TINAPA before he leaves and that he is deceiving himself. That'll be pretty sad but the point is that he at least tried while others like igbinedion and co were sleeping. Whether or not he is a thief, he would be remembered for his vision in Cross River cause while others slept at night, he was toiling upwards in the night. cheesy
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by slimnike(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2006
naijababe:

Worst performing guvnors
the nominees are
1 peter odili
2 Orji Kalu
3 Lucky Igbinedion
and the award goes to
Drum roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State
@Niajababe God will bless You.You really know how to give an award.Up Lucky, grin grin
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2006
@ somebody

I concor.

@ Mr Mayor

Duke has tried atleast in one aspect and if Igbi and Attah could atleast try see beyond them and make smething good in anada aspect that would be 1+1+1 and like that they ll all make something good outta their states. None of the Guv's is 100 percent clean or has reached their peak even bola and gbenga but in their capability they have tried and people can atleast see that. No body expects a scrapper in a day you know, if you do and i do, we do and we make things work and make it happen.

Ayo Fayose just bought three Escalades for what? u ask me, i dont know! Attah, 1000 BMW worth 5million each? for what ? i dont know!
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by milikiya(m): 4:52am On Jun 25, 2006
WORST PERFORMING NIGERIAN GOV? THAT'LL BE RASHEED ADEWOLU LADOJA.AND THE BEST IS EKITI STATE GOV.OOPS!!!! AM I ALLOWED TO SAY THAT?
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2006
what are your claims against ladoja? Are you sure you understand the topic atall?

With your conclution that ekiti (fAYOSE) is the best gov , it is either u dont understand nigeria or u just dont understand politics or you just want to boost ur poSt counts

***hisssssssssss***
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by naijaflyer(m): 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2006
Given my extensive experience around Nigeria (which is to be expected given my schedule of duties for the Government of the Federal Republic) and the level of interaction I've achieved with these fellows, my honest opinion is as follows:

Worst Governors
North West - Ahmed Sani (former colleague of mine who's doesn't practice what he preaches, living a decadent life of debauchery with his cronies and deceiving the masses)
- Adamu Aliero (Kebbi State - can't even point to one vision plan apart from reviving the Argungu fishing festival, the capital, BK, is just a glorified trading post with no decent hotel)
- Saminu Turaki (Jigawa State - has a lofty vision, and would have succeeded if he wasn't into governing from LHR, JFK,SIN,HKG,DXB,JNB and FRA airports. i.e. He attends to matters of state, awards contracts and treats files at the executive lounges before boarding the next flight.
North East - Senator Ali Sheriff (more concerned with his 75 jeeps and a hummer to match every colour of his pair of shoes) is still enjoying the effizy of his office. Maiduguri's once vibrant kanuri business community is running to Chad and Kano because of the Governor's non-challance.
- Bonnie Haruna (Adamawa - enough already said in an earlier post, I can only add that you try locating a decent hotel in Yola if you won't come up with horrors)
- Rev. Jolly Nyame (Taraba - 3 terms in governance with nothing concrete? Jalingo gives me the shivers. i can't even try landing a plane on that airstrip he points to as his most visible achievement).
North Central - Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa, no contest. He actually lives in Abuja, and goes to Lafia 2ce a week for a couple of hours to run the state).
- Abdulkadir Kure (Niger - is more concerned with sitting back and doing nothing since IBB, Abdulsalami, David Mark, Lawan Gwadabe and Gado Nasko (who diverted FCT projects to minna) had done all the work.
- Joshua Dariye (Plateau - see what he and Mantu have done to our once peaceful state. infrastructure in J-town is dead).
- George Akume (Benue - really has no idea of what to do with power other than settle petty scores).
South South - Lucky Igbinedion (Chei!!! My beloved benin city has suffered!! what did edo do to deserve him a second time? Anenih has plenty questions to answer!!)
Peter Odili (Just like Lucky, but has access to more cash. PH that was once the 'garden city' is unbearable. As for the level of brigandage in Rivers, )
Victor Attah (woke up when he had 20 months to go and is feverishly trying to leave a legacy in AKS).
South East - Achike Udenwa (still the same infrastructure I've known in Owerri since the time of Mbakwe. even had the temerity to list the opening of Mr. biggs as one of his achievements. what a gas!!!)
- Orji Uzor Kalu (Umuahia is still in the state it was when my pop was in Biafran Intelligence. Aba still has the level of filth and lawlessness that i knew in my youth, and as for his "populist" style of governance, he can't even hold a candle to the Ashiwaju and Mr. Spotless (Fayose).
South West - Adebayo Alao Akala (Oyo - the dude doesn't have a plan, and when you ask him he turns around to claim that he's hamstrung by Adedibu. whew!!)
Prince Olagunsoye Onyinlola (Sometimes we actually wonder if it wasn't a mistake giving him the Osun seat instead of Omisore).

But of course, I have to acknowledge those that are performing creditably, and that is not just in terms of infrastructural development, but working on a sustainable vision:
Donald Duke (if only he could drop his vicious brand of politics), Gbenga Daniels, Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu, James Ibori (I'm sure some of you would be shocked but go round the whole DT and compare with 9 yrs ago), Chimaroke Nnamani (leave thuggery and elimination of opposition aside), Sam Egwu (has a very workable vision and is concentrating on education which is the key, considering how backward Ebonyi used to be), Bukola Saraki (correct man), Ahmed Markafi (you try governing a volatile state like KD), Adamu Mu'azu (another correct man - sometimes i can't believe the pace of improvement in Bauchi, its astounding especially when you consider how much the state receives from FAAC, and his ability to maintain the peace despite the level of volatility), Attahiru Bafarawa, Bukar Abba Ibrahim (he's had 3 terms and hasn't done badly - take a trip to potiskum, damaturu and Gashua, and compare with how they used to be) and last but not least, Mohammed Danjuma Goje (who has done a lot for Gombe within so short a period).

Anybody wey im name no dey the list, na 'all motion no movement' person like them Agagu, Ibro, Shekarau, Goodluck Jonathan, etc.
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2006
naijar flyer, u re indeed wonderful with that analysis. Since "ashiwaju" & "Ogidi Omo" don make the good list then you truly know whats up in Nigeria.

Big up and i look forward to more of da analysis.
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by stanech: 7:12am On Jul 03, 2006
Governor Igbenedion just reached the peak of the highest mountain in Africa mountain Kilimanjaro. Really he is an illitrate
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Mystique(f): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2006
Gov. Lucky Igbinedion is definately the worst angry angry
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by dafman(m): 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2006
Naijaflyer you've said it all, infact i could quote you. You got the one about Ibori 100% right, when you leave benin to warri you sometimes wonder if there's some magic going on there, you can hardly see an untarred road these days in warri, benin city is the complete opposite
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Jul 03, 2006
is Mr. Lucky Igbenedion really that terrible? how did he win a second term then? I am ashamed for Edo people o
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Ashiwaju(m): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2006
if u say the edo people should be ashamed then u should also say shame on all nigerians for letting obj win the 2nd time, its the tradition u know
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Mystique(f): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Ashiwaju

Quite beautifully put wink
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Chxta(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2006
wink
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Mystique(f): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2006
Hi Chxta, Uve been kinda quiet
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Chxta(m): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2006
Mystique:

Hi Chxta, Uve been kind of quiet

Nah, just for the period that I was on the move. How's work? When can we continue our Hausa lessons?
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by Omohi(m): 9:14am On Jul 05, 2006
I Think Odili is d worst governor ever.The guy is a fraud,he uses Rivers state money to play politics dats all he does.
angry
Re: Worst Performing Nigerian Governor? by slimnike(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2006
I think You Guys should change this topic to:Lucky the Best fraudulent Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Has Lost It's Value - CBN / Ijaws/niger Deltans Were Never Igbos/Biafrans - Stop Stealing Their Identity. / Buhari Takes Anti-corruption Campaign To London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.