Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

How To Boot Windows 8.1 Directly To Desktop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Boot Windows 8.1 Directly To Desktop (561 Views)

Fix: Google Chrome Won’t Launch To Desktop Mode In Windows 8 / My Dell Inspiron 1545 Vista Laptop Hangs Before Getting To Desktop / How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Boot Windows 8.1 Directly To Desktop by uanda(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
Since the release of Windows 8, one of the biggest complaints of its users has been a way to boot their PC directly to desktop than to the tile-filled metro screen first. No doubt Windows 8 is a great Windows OS and I love it, but it was not built as other previous Windows OS versions.

And for many years of using Windows OSes that boots directly to desktop people have become used to booting their PCs directly to desktop, so when the Windows 8 and subsequent Windows 8.1 update was released, users were faced with the challenge of booting their PC to a metro screen first before navigating to their desktop.

So today I want to teach you how to boot Windows 8.1 directly to desktop and dispense the metro start screen. If you haven’t upgraded yet to Windows 8.1 you can check out the Windows 8.1 features and how to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

How to Boot Windows 8.1 directly to desktop:

Boot your Windows 8.1 PC to the metro screen and then use either keyboard shortcut Winkey+D or click on the Desktop tile to navigate to your PC desktop.

Right click on any empty space on your desktop taskbar and select “Properties” from the context menu

SOURCE:http://naijamode.com/?p=220

(1) (Reply)

Ebooks For Digital Library / Brand New Android Laptop For Sale / Dad Not In Support Of My Music Career--olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.