Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? (798 Views)

How To Boot Windows 8.1 Directly To Desktop / Fix: Google Chrome Won’t Launch To Desktop Mode In Windows 8 / My Dell Inspiron 1545 Vista Laptop Hangs Before Getting To Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? by nazzyon(m): 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2007
I asked this question just to know if anyone is having a problem with their PC or Laptops.

And hopefully the Gurus might contribute from their experience.
Re: How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? by rufaai(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2007
I have a desktop PC of these features:
40GB Hard Drive
512MB RAM
Intel Pentium IV
DVD Writer
60 Speed Samsung CD

It boots to desktop withing few secs, actually lessthan 1min. But these days, with a virus in it takes morethan a min to boot to desktop and takes morethan 2min to shutdown.

My Toshiba Laptop Intel P3, 256MB RAM starts faster than my Desktop.

My Nokia 9300i takes couples of sec to load to Desk!

thats all I have!
Re: How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? by Ralvy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2007
Less than 30secs
Re: How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? by inze(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2007
Mine takes close to 2-3 mins to boot to desktop,

Its a 256MB 1.73 Ghz, Celeron M Laptop

I n z e
Re: How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? by rufaai(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2007
WOOW! - My system is FREE! Boot fast,

I bought a software, GR8, Try it,

Tuneup Utilities
Re: How Fast Does Your System Boot To Desktop? by Cactus(m): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2007
at least 15mins. thanks to database servers, and application servers and so many other services eh eh

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Windows Media Player / New ; How To Generate An Insane Traffic To Your Blog / My Laptop Hangs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.