Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? (870 Views)

How Has Nairaland Transformed Your Life? / Ekiti Private Schools On 3 Days Strike Over Levy Imposed By Governor / JAMB Promise To Notify Affected Students! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Dannylux: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
I'm currently studying a course which I took as an alternative to the one I had applied for cuz I didn't make the cut off.
I thought about staying at home to resit jamb for the third time but time is a limited resources and the future is unpredictable, so, I was left with no choice or less choices so I took the course I was offered ignoring discouragements I got from friends that it would be regretful.
So, my question is this; how did it affect your life as a graduate or whats your view on the decision I took?
I know there are a lot of people with this same problem.
Your contributions would be immensely appreciated cuz It's the same as saving a life or rather one's future.
Thanks.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Oluwatola5(f): 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
Me thinks studying a course should be based on your love or passion for it. The course you are studying now, do you in any way feel discouraged with it, or is there no passion, delight in it while doing it? If that is the case, if you can learn to love and appreciate the course i think it will help as that is the key thing in succeeding with your course, be positive........

1 Like

Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Dannylux: 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
Oluwatola5: Me thinks studying a course should be based on your love or passion for it. The course you are studying now, do you in any way feel discouraged with it, or is there no passion, delight in it while doing it? If that is the case, if you can learn to love and appreciate the course i think it will help as that is the key thing in succeeding with your course, be positive........
No passion, and that is the problem.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Oluwatola5(f): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dannylux:
No passion, and that is the problem.
Hmmm......no passion is equivalent to you not wanting to study it, maybe you should just consider dropping out and taking JAMB again and this time you try to meet up with your cutoff mark so you dont fall victim of being given another course again.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Dannylux: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Oluwatola5: Hmmm......no passion is equivalent to you not wanting to study it, maybe you should just consider dropping out and taking JAMB again and this time you try to meet up with your cutoff mark so you dont fall victim of being given another course again.
Alright then and Thanks for your contribution cool
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Amari(f): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
Rather than dropping out,why don't you continue with the course and at the same time take JAMB again?? It's risky abandoning what you already have to go for something you don't have yet. In case you don't finally get your dream course,God forbids though,you can continue from where you are are already instead of losing out completely. Remember,a bird at hand is worth two in the bush. I pray you get your dream course.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Oluwatola5(f): 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
^^^ Alright, which ever way, i wish the OP success and love for whatever he ventures into, a bird at hand should be one which delights you, if not, it wouldnt even weigh a feather.....
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Well, i don't fit in here, so...
But in case this makes FP...
*space booked* cheesy grin
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Amari(f): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
@tola,I'm speaking from experience,who no go,no go know oh.
@chi,lolz.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Oluwatola5(f): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
@Amari, Ok ma'am, you are still my bossress.

@Chi-Chi, lol, but that isnt good enough ooo. A stitch in time saves nine. FP or no FP, help and advice should come in timely.

@OP, fix your eyes on the prize, let your dreams inspire you and lead you till you soar high and reach the apogee of your career, the future is near........You could also consider this, face the course you are studying now, finish with it, then you could go for your choice as a second degree. It all will make sense someday.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Amari(f): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
Tola,I pray oh!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
I applied for a course & got another. I'm in 200L now & even though I don't have "passion" for this course, my G.P is solid & I'm happy. This is life & sometimes, it's not perfect, you just make do with what you have. But if you really hate your present course, you should write jamb again. I hope I helped smiley

1 Like

Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by SecretDreams(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Brb
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Oluwatola5(f): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
Amari: Tola,I pray oh!!!!!!!!!
Lol, it is an undisputed fact
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by tpia5: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by BankManager(m): 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
@OP:
Before giving you a crucial advice which i think may be useful,it would be nice to see you providing answers to these questions below.;
1.What was your desired course before been admitted?
2.What were you given since you said u didn't meet the cut-off..?
3.Which university do you attend currently?(Federal or State;name of the uni inclusive)..
When answers are being provided to these questions,it would be easier to put the square peg in the right hole...
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by tpia5: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2013

small time he will start abusing those who are not in his situation, i guess people should aim to be like him so as not to hurt his sensitive feelings.
Re: How Studying An Imposed Course Affected Your Life? by Capableben(m): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
lack of passion made me write jamb dis year as i was in 100 level biology edu... i just checked my status and i got my dream course chemical engineering........ tHank God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Warms FG Against Forced Re-opening OF Varsities Today / Uniben Official Calender Released !!! / Petrocarbon Engineering Limited: Seeking Offshore Engineering Software Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.