Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

London Knife crime - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / London Knife crime (2790 Views)

Knife-weilding White House Intruder and Alleged Army Vet Bypasses Secret Service / If You Ever Commit A Crime, Would You Like To Serve Your Term At HALDEN PRISON? / Muslim Mother Of 5 Beaten To Death In Hate Crime In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Knife crime by LadyT(f): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2008
Why are so many young black kids involved in this rubbish?

Why have so many parents lost control?

Why has the parent lost the right to be a parent?
Re: London Knife crime by Finecat(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2008
LadyT:

Why are so many young black kids involved in this rubbish?

Why have so many parents lost control?

Why has the parent lost the right to be a parent?

Because so many black parents are involve with crack cocain. Bunch of idiots, then they turn around and accuse the white men for their problems.
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2008
Finecat:

Because so many black parents are involve with crack cocain. Bunch of idiots, then they turn around and accuse the white men for their problems.
wow wow wow,easy man,its deeper than that
@poster
the first thing is that the government has taken controll and discipline of kids off the parents hands so they r powerless to discipline kids,these kids know that and will always use that to intimidate parents untill it gets to a stage where they cannot be controlled
also,teachers are powerless to discipline or controll students,so u ll get situations where students will square up to teachers and the rest of the class will urge him on and all the student will get is some few hours detention e.t.c

most of the kids especially from the minority who cannot be controlled or disciplined by the parents,and whose parents due to poverty and almost none existent opportunities or government help feel they have been let down by the government,this feeling gets picked u my the children and grows into resentment,thats why they seek out an alternative family/role model to look up to in the gangs and a group of people who share the same sentiments of resentments of the government /system with them

for the government to sort it out,first they should encourage neighbourly/community interaction,also instead of government cutting funding to help communities/parents/kids,they should give them more funds
they should help the parents and these kids and show them a sense of belonging
Re: London Knife crime by ayomifull(f): 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2008
Its sad but some of the parents has failed in their responsibilit. It starts with tenagers leaving the house for nights and the parents think 'this is abroad you cant be too hard on them', some pierce their made kids ears (something they would ordinarily not do should they be in their country), boys wearing trousers falling to their their kneels, girls showing off all vital parts they would not allow in their respective countries, and the parents thinks its cool, its a free world and you will be jailed if found instiling some discipline in your kids, nonsense. Some are too busy with work they dont know what their kids are doing, some dont see their kids for days due to work, work, work which to them is more important.

Its really sad, a friend of mine who teaches in a school in UK tells of different stories daily and one wonder if these parents really deserve to have kids at all. They can not train their children when they can be corrected and then it becomes a problem when its too late to put things right.
I wonder if its by force to leave abroad. You'll see some kids and argue they are Nigerians until you hear their names, its quite disgraceful and their parents thinks its a country where you cant chastise the kids, rubbish! Everyone will give account to God.
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2008
ayomifull:

Its sad but some of the parents has failed in their responsibilit. It starts with tenagers leaving the house for nights and the parents think 'this is abroad you can't be too hard on them', some pierce their made kids ears (something they would ordinarily not do should they be in their country), boys wearing trousers falling to their their kneels, girls showing off all vital parts they would not allow in their respective countries, and the parents thinks its cool, its a free world and you will be jailed if found instiling some discipline in your kids, nonsense. Some are too busy with work they don't know what their kids are doing, some don't see their kids for days due to work, work, work which to them is more important.

Its really sad, a friend of mine who teaches in a school in UK tells of different stories daily and one wonder if these parents really deserve to have kids at all. They can not train their children when they can be corrected and then it becomes a problem when its too late to put things right.
I wonder if its by force to leave abroad. You'll see some kids and argue they are Nigerians until you hear their names, its quite disgraceful and their parents thinks its a country where you can't chastise the kids, rubbish! Everyone will give account to God.
the thing is that its not these parents faults,if you touch a hair of your kids head,smack or even raise your voice at them its child abuse all the kids from the age of 4/5 years old know how to dial emergency,when a student clocks the age of 15/16,they teach then their rights and tell them how they can leave their parents house if they so wish e.t.c so already the kids know their rights and know theres nothing the parent or teacher can do, as at last year british children were the worst behaved in the whole of europe
Re: London Knife crime by LadyT(f): 8:34pm On Jul 09, 2008
Im sorry in my house IYA TITI was the only law.If she gave you the beating of your life you better not dare tell anyone or you know you are finished. The problem is so many people who should not breed are breeding!

They dont know the fight thing about children or how to train a child! Children need rules and beatings if needed and not just a light slap a serious slapping. Poverty is not an excuse or the fact the father is not there. Forget what the government says. Train your child.

Im just shocked that we blacks that claim to have a strong culture and heritage are falling victim to this madness!

You cant fold a dry fish! You start the disciple from day one.
Re: London Knife crime by Akolawole(m): 2:09am On Jul 10, 2008
@Titi

Gone are the days when Britain used to be "great".

They stupidly change the laws that allow child protection, Child abuse among others and we've seen the effect on the streets of UK now.

Stabbing! Stabbing!! Stabbing!!!
Re: London Knife crime by SeanT21(f): 2:31am On Jul 10, 2008
"Train the child in the way he should grow, when he is old he will not depart"

Parents needs to monitor what their Kids watch and Listen too.

Whipping Children don't make a child good. I had my share of whipping but i chose to be good. Those parents needs to take their child to Church or get them involve in a religious group or something. Help them decide what they wanna be in the future. Those kids needs to develop morals and values. Instead of them going around stabbing eachother, their parents needs to sit down with them and train them to do the right thing. All those kids need is someone to tell them "look don't do this and don't do that".
Re: London Knife crime by landis(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2008
Simple: Stay in your country and FIX it.

grin cheesy grin

There are places in FRANCE, the police will not go, they simply allow the foreigners to kill themselves, same pattern is playing out in UK.
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2008
and we r back to the government failing parents,
LadyT:

I'm sorry in my house IYA TITI was the only law.If she gave you the beating of your life you better not dare tell anyone or you know you are finished. The problem is so many people who should not breed are breeding!

hmmmn,from the united kingdom me i know o,mama titi was just lucky that titi and her other children didnt rebel because she wouldnt have been able to do anything about it.
whats a parent to do when teachers drum it in children's heads their rights right from the age of like 5 years old and,tell girls they can have an abortion without telling the parents e.t.c
the only reason nigerians are suceeding a bit in london is because of the large concentration of nigerians, thereby having a sort of mini nigeria,so the children are insulated from western values,in spite of that there are many nigerian youths amongst these knife and gun weilding gangs
Re: London Knife crime by Blatant: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2008
Kids in the UK are actively taught to report their parents. Schools have specially trained teachers who brainwash the children and make them believe that their parents dont love them as much as the government. The result is that parents lose control of discipline in their homes and the children become extremely unruly and uncontrollable.

White children go through this also but they have a more supportive society than black children have. Black children dont get to see any positive black role models, all they see on TV about black people is rap music and atheletes and this will make them have less aspiration than their white counterparts who see white rols models on TV everyday.

When a parent has outlawed from having firm control over his/her children in early years, those children have a tendency to turn out wild, especially in the pervading circumstances for a lot black people in the UK (London in particular).

The UK has lost the plot in a lot of things, not just about children but so many other things that have been turned on their heads. I heard recently that the government is seeking ways to increase conviction rates in cases where a woman reports a man for rape. It's political correctness driving the wrong moves and the wrong focus. If a woman regrets sex with a man, she can claim rape and the man is already guilty as charged unless he has irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

Too many times when there are powerful pressure groups, they turn everything upside down. The children's pressure groups have the source of their incomes and existence based on continued push for children's rights irrespective of what this does to the rest of society. . . that's the only way for them to justify their continued existence
Re: London Knife crime by Sagamite(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2008
lucabrasi:

wow wow wow,easy man,its deeper than that
@poster
the first thing is that the government has taken controll and discipline of kids off the parents hands so they r powerless to discipline kids,these kids know that and will always use that to intimidate parents untill it gets to a stage where they cannot be controlled
also,teachers are powerless to discipline or controll students,so u ll get situations where students will square up to teachers and the rest of the class will urge him on and all the student will get is some few hours detention e.t.c

most of the kids especially from the minority who cannot be controlled or disciplined by the parents,and whose parents due to poverty and almost none existent opportunities or government help feel they have been let down by the government,this feeling gets picked u my the children and grows into resentment,thats why they seek out an alternative family/role model to look up to in the gangs and a group of people who share the same sentiments of resentments of the government /system with them

for the government to sort it out,first they should encourage neighbourly/community interaction,also instead of government cutting funding to help communities/parents/kids,they should give them more funds
they should help the parents and these kids and show them a sense of belonging

GBAM!!!

That is the core of the problem expressed right here.

Stupid country, I need to get me arse out off here as under no circumstance would I raise a child here.
Re: London Knife crime by Sagamite(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2008
Akolawole:

@Titi

Gone are the days when Britain used to be "great".

They stupidly change the laws that allow child protection, Child abuse among others and we've seen the effect on the streets of UK now.

Stabbing! Stabbing!! Stabbing!!!

GBAM!!!

When I see Nigerian fools that are promoting that Nigeria should also do the same and ban smacking of children under he pretext of child rights, it makes my blood boil.

Most children biologically have a need to be guided by strict and clear boundries or else they would rebel to test their worldly powers to see where life actually sets a boundary for them. Most humans are built mentally to explore the world in all aspects. Becuase of some few exceptional abuse cases by parents does not mean we should destroy society as a whole in the name of preventing these few cases.
Re: London Knife crime by Mustay(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2008
This topic is already being discussed under travel section:

London - The Worse Place To Live In.

lipsrsealed undecided
Re: London Knife crime by Akolawole(m): 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2008
Ironically the Kids of Rich and Mighty are highly discipline.

They dont mess about.

I remember Prince Harry intend to swap church to watch England match against Brazil. His Dad refused saying maids will record the match for him. Off to church.

In their private schools and catholic schools, Discipline is 100% but for others.
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2008
Akolawole:

They don't mess about.

I remember Prince Harry intend to swap church to watch England match against Brazil. His Dad refused saying maids will record the match for him. Off to church.

In their private schools and catholic schools, Discipline is 100% but for others.
yes because the social services will not dare step their foot/feet into balmoral or any of their residences to complain about the royal families parenting skills,the conservatives have been shouting for parental controlls to be strenghtened and for them to be given more of a free hand
Re: London Knife crime by oldie(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2008
It is a class thing stupid!
The poor think the system owes them everything
Including training and disciplining their kids

How many middle class to upper class kids have been knifed or killed on the streets?
Very few or None!
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2008
@oldie
sorry but was the stupid comment directed at me or the poster?
Re: London Knife crime by Sagamite(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2008
Akolawole:

They don't mess about.

Some of the downsides of democracy.

In democracy you have to listen to the opinion of a wide range of people, no matter how stupid or ignorant you know they are and in most cases you have to pander to the will of the most vocal NOT the most correct people.

When the public at mass (remember majority of the public in any country are shallow brained) were convinced by liberals to request for the non-smacking of kids and refer to it as child abuse, the government had to implement laws banning it despite knowing it is not a completely valid argument.

I remember reading that the law banned smacking in public schools but allows it in private school. Incidentally, a majority of the lawmakers that introduced the law send their own children to private school.

Not their problem when morons ask for moronic laws, their problem is how to win the election.
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
dont tell me you are a believer in thomas hobbes social contract, hmmmn thats another thread on its own o
Re: London Knife crime by Sagamite(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2008
lucabrasi:

don't tell me you are a believer in thomas hobbes social contract, hmmmn thats another thread on its own o

Wetin be "thomas hobbes social contract"?
Re: London Knife crime by tpia: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2008
where is kobojunkie to give us a "deeper" and "more balanced realistic" view of this knife crime problem in London?

maybe the knives and juvenile criminals are being shipped over from Nigeria?

abi what other explanation for this inexplicable kind of thing in the sanctified streets overseas?

oya, kobojunkie, come and give us your take on this situation.

Or maybe its all a lie and there's no knife crime in London. undecided undecided

Must be a fabrication by the Nigerian press. undecided
Re: London Knife crime by oldie(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2008
lucabrasi:

@oldie
sorry but was the stupid comment directed at me or the poster?

I knew this might be asked after I posted
As a rule I do not insult people in real or virtual life
The comment was directed to nobody
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2008
oldie:

I knew this might be asked after I posted
As a rule I do not insult people in real or virtual life
The comment was directed to nobody
ok seen,no worries thats why i asked as well instead of lunching out
Sagamite:

Wetin be "thomas hobbes social contract"?
sorry its rousseau i wanted to write and he s a political scientist amongst about 4 or so who wrote or supported the monarchy form of government and how we have sign a contact with them bla bla,complicated but heres a link
http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/contract/section7.html
Re: London Knife crime by naijadiva2(f): 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2008

so right. the social services in america is every kids best friend. parent raise even a finger, the child will threaten to make that one call. even when there is no proof of child abuse, some parents still get in trouble.
Re: London Knife crime by LadyT(f): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2008
I dont understand why these children dont fear their parents though.

Fear, love and respect should be instilled into these children from day one.

You fear your parents so you dont misbehave

You love your parents when they give you a good beating you dont want them carted off to prison so you dont tell anyone

You respect your parents you listen to what they have to say and you do as you are told!
Re: London Knife crime by davidif: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2008
yep, this is what happens when you replace discipline with anger management classes or religion with ethics. You have an atheistic and unruly populace.

Let this be a warning to all Nigerians abroad who think that flogging (egba) is archaic, you will one day wake up to hear that your kids are doing drugs and have criminal records. The bible said it best "spoil the rod and spoil the child" and we all know that the bible doesn't lie because its the word of God.
Re: London Knife crime by davidif: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2008
@finecat

Does this really happen in the UK I thought it was only in the US.
Re: London Knife crime by lucabrasi(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2008
i wouldnt say crack cocaine is the cause,rather its just a by product of the whole malaise just like knife crime , you ll prolly get more drug dealers and gangs on the streets than junkies
the really annoying thing is that when an african child is being hyper or always jumping up and down like kids do,they look for a medical way out instead of discipline
Re: London Knife crime by Sagamite(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2008
lucabrasi:

sorry its rousseau i wanted to write and he s a political scientist amongst about 4 or so who wrote or supported the monarchy form of government and how we have sign a contact with them bla bla,complicated but heres a link
http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/contract/section7.html

Wow, good piece of work.

I had not seen this before. Heck, I have never read a political science book or piece of work before. My opinion was just based on my observations and pensive reflection of society.

This guy captured and concurred with a lot of my thoughts.

I only support democracy because it appears to be the best of the pragmatic options we have at our disposal. But personally I don't believe in a vote for every man. Imagine an idiot that never listens to the news, has no solid thinking process or understand the bedrock of issues going out to vote on those same issues.

My ideal option is to have a system that assesses people's intelligence and knowledge against certain thresholds and select only those that are above the threshold to vote.

But I am aware this might not be pragmatic as it is not infallible to corruption, manipulation and civil unrest. E.g. how do you explain to an passionate and physically strong idiot that he is too stupid to vote and convince him to accept this without any violence (especially while you might have a selfish candidate that is obviously likely to lose without the likes of the idiot's vote, telling him (the idiot) he has been cheated).
Re: London Knife crime by Sagamite(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2008
davidif:

yes, this is what happens when you replace discipline with anger management classes or religion with ethics. You have an atheistic and unruly populace.

Let this be a warning to all Nigerians abroad who think that flogging (egba) is archaic, you will one day wake up to hear that your kids are doing drugs and have criminal records. The bible said it best "spoil the rod and spoil the child" and we all know that the bible doesn't lie because its the word of God.

I hope they are listening!!!

I have seen a lot of them with this kind of opinions and they sure irritate me.

You bring up your kids like westerners do, you are likely to have a western behaved kid.

You bring up your kids like Africans do, you are likely to have a African behaved kid.
Re: London Knife crime by Hannibal: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2008
lucabrasi:

i wouldnt say crack cocaine is the cause,rather its just a by product of the whole malaise just like knife crime , you ll prolly get more drug dealers and gangs on the streets than junkies
the really annoying thing is that when an african child is being hyper or always jumping up and down like kids do,they look for a medical way out instead of discipline

The major cause is the moral decadence and 90% fault should go to the Government.

Their moronic effort to wield their power in families is the major cause of this violence.
Parents can no longer discipline these kids the way they want . . . .Teachers can't touch them so it's a system where the kids know they can do anything they want.

Parents don't even care again . . . . . . They stay in the pub till midnight not caring about the vice their wards get into.
Drugs, violence, gangsterism and knife crime thrive when there is no control from the people closer to these kids.
There can never be any improvement until the Government back off and give the parents and the teachers to cane these mannerless lots.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Joe Biden Receives More Votes Than Any Other Candidate In US History / Inside Story: Viral Meme Of Russia Using $200 Fuel To Crash US $10M Drone / What Did Chamberlain Do? Anti-obama Campaigner Digs Himself A Hole.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.