Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say (602 Views)

What Is Your Say On This Question & Answer Website / Have Your Say Please! / New Gmail Mobile View :- What's Your Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say by sisqology(m): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
Okay, I was trying to help my lil cousin fill a Remedial Form for uni Ilorin, I googled their website and I stormed in it, I almost ran out sad

1. They used joomla(notin wrong), only God knows the kind of developer they gave it to, abi na designer. The colour combo is bad.

2. They failed to remove the default joomla Favicon on unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/component/content/article/243-notification/1959-advertisement-of-remedial-programme-for-2013-2014-academic-session
I doubt if their developer knows what is called that

3. Some parts of the website were built using tables(unnecessarily).. Why sad

4. Why do they have two fixed DIVs on either side of the website?

5. On opera mobile, the mobile version is cluttered, please why is it a "mobile version" everything is out of place

6. On mobile again, the logo makes me sick

What's happening in Naija? Is it that these institutions are stingy or they gave to their students to build and they are "failure"?
This is a bad thing.

What other Naija University website have u cme across? Whereas, "poor"?
Re: Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say by writers4hire: 8:01pm On Oct 29, 2013
Why not contact them? maybe they'll contract it to you.
Re: Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say by Successguilders: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
sisqology: Okay, I was trying to help my lil cousin fill a Remedial Form for uni Ilorin, I googled their website and I stormed in it, I almost ran out sad

1. They used joomla(notin wrong), only God knows the kind of developer they gave it to, abi na designer. The colour combo is bad.

2. They failed to remove the default joomla Favicon on unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/component/content/article/243-notification/1959-advertisement-of-remedial-programme-for-2013-2014-academic-session

5. On opera mobile, the mobile version is cluttered, please why is it a "mobile version" everything is out of place

What's happening in Naija? Is it that these institutions are stingy or they gave to their students to build and they are "failure"?
This is a bad thing.

maybe it was awarded as a contract to a family member grin
sisqology: Okay, I was trying to help my lil cousin fill a Remedial Form for uni Ilorin, I googled their website and I stormed in it, I almost ran out sad

This is a bad thing.

maybe it was awarded as a contract to a family member
Re: Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say by sisqology(m): 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
Successguilders:
maybe it was awarded as a contract to a family member grin
maybe it was awarded as a contract to a family member

But family member to who now? sad the vc?
Re: Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say by solid3(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2013
I think you can help 'em out for 15k. all they need do is claim to be a nairalander. tongue
Re: Nigerian Institutions Website, Have Your Say by sisqology(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2013
*solid*:
I think you can help 'em out for 15k. all they need do is claim to be a nairalander. tongue

Hian! U think I'll collect 15 for that kind of website ni?

Na 3paged website jare, no db or backends :-P

(1) (Reply)

How To Write SEO Friendly Blog Post / Online IDE For Both Web/game Development / Ghg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.