Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Why Do People Lock Their Phones? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Lock Their Phones? (1600 Views)

Why Do 80% Of Nigerians Lock Their Phones? What're You Hiding? / People Who Film Or Snap Others Secretly With Their Phones / Why Do People Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
I don't feel the need to lock my cell-phone
but i've seen many of my friends and colleagues do or practice that act. .
Sometimes it gets me curious to know what they
hiding undecided

Why do some people need that
security of privacy around their Mobile?

Drop your reasons!

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Tiyazman(m): 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
As for me, i've got alot of p0rn videos on my phone... And i don't want a situation where my junior ones pick my phone and go straight to the videos thinking they will see some cartoons to watch and WHOOLA!! Na kelewa go dey stare for their face!!! grin grin

I drop my fone carelessy tho wink

#TeamGOM
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tiyazman: As for me, i've got alot of p0rn videos on my phone... And i don't want a situation where my junior ones pick my phone and go straight to the videos thinking they will see some cartoons to watch and WHOOLA!! Na kelewa go dey stare for their face!!! grin grin

I drop my fone carelessy tho wink

#TeamGOM
Hmmm. . .that's a good reason tho, but as god i will like to advice you to stop the habit of dropping your mobile phone carelessly, that's how my first BB Bold 3 got lost. . . I just dropped it and since then never seen it.

Be a good disciple cool

#TeamGOM
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Tiyazman(m): 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
god_of_music: Hmmm. . .that's a good reason tho, but as god i will like to advice you to stop the habit of dropping your mobile phone carelessly, that's how my first BB Bold 3 got lost. . . I just dropped it and since then never seen it.

Be a good disciple cool

#TeamGOM
Ok sire, Ebony i see you. . . Oya drop your reason ni grin

#TeamGOM#

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by GentleMimi: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
If its a guy...po*rn
lady....text mssgs/hiding her phone credit
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by prof800(m): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
for many reasons..privacy and keeping away those who like to poke their noses in other's matters..
I use no password lock for any of my gadgets or devices tho.
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
GentleMimi: If its a guy and nadia...po*rn
[s]lady....text mssgs/hiding her phone credit[/s]
I put pin coz of my Indecency nd 18+ pics..

Dazzal!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by GentleMimi: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2013
nadia_SA: I put pin coz of my Indecency nd 18+ pics..

Dazzal!
Badt gurl. grin
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
GentleMimi:
Badt gurl. grin
grin tongue

Y u dey hide ur fone credit?
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by GentleMimi: 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
nadia_SA: grin tongue

Y u dey hide ur fone credit?
when u've got younger ones wif no ''respect for privacy'' in their dictionary......
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by DarryOsh(m): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
My cell phone is always locked...not for any serious reason though.There is absolutely no indecency on my phone.

The only things on my I do not like any random person to go through are my text/chats. I dont pick people's phones and begin to go thru their stuff and i wil never undersatnd why people do that. I have learned that the average person who handles ur fone for 15 minutes wud check ur pics, mayb ur music...ur apps and the next thing is ur texts/chats.

I dont want people seeing personal messages (i like to keep my messages)...i hate the idea of a random person seeing the bank alerts on my phone and trying to judge hw much i am worth financially. If i had the assurance that no one would read those stuffz, i would not password my phone.
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
Cos of privacy! My Aproko friends will check your messages and even go about stealing ladies numbers! tschew. Those guys ehn! I lock all my gadgets! with face recognition sef, incase they try to crack my passwords or pattern grin cheesy
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
I hate locking my phone. Looooooonnnnggggg thhinnnggg.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
and another thing! there are some yeye kids. when you go visit their elder brother/sister, they will want to collect your phone by force (most probably to play game) - this is very annoying.
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 29, 2013

Dazzal!
Baddest geh ever liveth *in Olamide's voice*

#TeamGOM tongue
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
speedyboi: and another thing! there are some yeye kids. when you go visit their elder brother/sister, they will want to collect your phone by force (most probably to play game) - this is very annoying.
LOL,Like the first day i visited my ex-girlfriend at their home, their last born was a pin in the ass. . .he was just around Chealsea and i like 'the eagle hunting some chicks' . . . I just gave him my phone to go play with and that's how we got free and got to kiss LOL cheesy

#TeamGOM
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 30, 2013
GAME NA!!
cos if i leave am, my brother go use game finish the battrey
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 30, 2013

Dazzal!
if i get hold of your phone ehn, na hacking tinz. Then i go grab vasline in case.
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2013
OP bro, you really don't want people to know how I use my vaseline, right?
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by drealdoc89(m): 8:53am On Oct 30, 2013
1)cos of privacy:stuffs like bank alerts,messages meant for ur eyes only etc.
2)to protect ur fone frm unauthorized usage:i remember keeping my fone nd cumin back to get it to make a call nd i ws bin told my acct is too low for d destination u r tryin t call(credit tampered)
3)to conceal some tins(known fact)
In conclusion,sm persons will just pick up ur fone nd check ur acct bal. Nd if dir s enof credit,dey wil tend t want t use it,they wnt give up nt mindin wt u say or do.(ds wnt b possible wen dey pick up d fone nd its lock)
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2013
runzlord: if i get hold of your phone ehn, na hacking tinz. Then i go grab vasline in case.
tongue
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 30, 2013
I never drop my phone carelessly At home nobody dares Touch my phone..cept my Cousin Sisters doe got a weakness for them female folks...
But if my bros touch my phone..angry
Yaga yaga..
All hell would break lose grin

I usually put it on lock so nobody reads my whatsapp msgs..n my pockets/body does not press somtin else..

N i never keep indecency on my phone..

My memory card was ordered from the Vatican..
Holy See Thingz..
Been used on 4 diff phones for d past 3 years..
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by homesteady(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2013
I've only locked my phone once! And it turned out to be a nightmare grin I wanted to unlock it, but the phone was telling me Password incorrect! I felt like running crazy that day! After like 3 hours, the password now worked!
Nobody told me to remove the password grin I immediately went to disable the password grin
And since then, I've never locked my phone! BTW, what do I have to hide? smiley
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by AbuMikey(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2013

Younger ones, they always want to hold your phone,prolly to play games or view pics and vids!!

[s]Meanwhile,no one touches my phone,so, I did use a 15 characters password on my phone,but it got to a point when I just disabled the pass-lock.[/s]

Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Danhumprey: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Austeenx: OP bro, you really don't want people to know how I use my vaseline, right?
grin grin
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Popowaa: 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
I dont want any kid wasting my airtime while playing with my phone.I dont lock my phone with any alterior motives.
Re: Why Do People Lock Their Phones? by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 31, 2013
runzlord: GAME NA!!
cos if i leave am, my brother go use game finish the battrey
same thing bro....i got nothing against anybody going through my stuffs but i would'nt like a low battery.my younger once na game freak
I SORRY FOR MY PHONE THAT DAY WEY THEM GO KNOW MY PASSWORD

(1) (Reply)

Seun And His Team Are Clowns / Origin Of Indigo Cloth In West Africa / Very Funny:- Everybody Is Busy Talking Election But None Of You Noticed This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.