Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP (1561 Views)

Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget / Senate Uncovers N701bn Illegal Withdrawals From Natural Resources Fund / I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Afam4eva(m): 3:51am On Oct 30, 2013

NAPEP: Senate uncovers N12bn fraud

ABUJA — The Sen-ate, yesterday, uncovered N10 billion belonging to the National Poverty Eradication Programme, NAPEP, that got trapped in some failed financial institutions in the country, while N150 million meant for the supply of spare-parts for the tricycles, otherwise known as Keke NAPEP, was carted away by a contractor.

The Senate made the discovery while grilling the Co-ordinator of NAPEP, Alhaji Murktar Tefawa Belawa over N12 billion poverty reduction fund.

The agency claimed it lacked the structural framework to possibly recover the missing funds and that it had been unable to recover the money because some of the banks had ceased to exist.

The Senator Ahmed Lawan-led Committee on Public Account also discovered how the agency paid additional N171 million as Customs duties for the spare-parts that were not supplied and another N605 million carted away by some Keke NAPEP operators on the umbrella of Keke Riders Association of Nigeria, KRAN.

The agency was alleged to have also paid another N1.4 billion for projects that were not verified by the Auditor General of the Federation.

Representatives of the AGF at the session, told the panel that some of the contracts, which the agency had paid for were yet to be verified.

National Coordinator, NAPEP, Alhaji Tefawa Belawa, told the committee that beneficiaries of the intervention fund failed to remit another N700 million revenue and that the agency had since written the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, on how Auto Ban Limited had disappeared with the said N150 million paid for the supply of spare-parts.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/napep-senate-uncovers-n12bn-fraud/#sthash.C8zBU7nA.dpuf
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by sheniqua: 3:55am On Oct 30, 2013
And the saga continues
I thought Tafawa balewa was dead
I didn't know he was still holding office
How old is he now?
130? grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by slap1(m): 4:25am On Oct 30, 2013
Nigeria can only get worse. Take it or leave it.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by seunfly: 5:29am On Oct 30, 2013
Corruption everywhere, i hope some people will not come and stand by this man the way some have been supporting stella and her corruptions.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by LMAyedun(m): 5:36am On Oct 30, 2013
sheniqua: And the saga continues
I thought Tafawa balewa was dead
I didn't know he was still holding office
How old is he now?
130? grin
Yes, he died Jan.15 1966 but he is holding a posthumous political office.
Olodo!!!
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by donphilopus: 5:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Where are we heading to??
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 30, 2013
Can there ever be a country again ?

Nigeria ?
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Tolexander: 5:51am On Oct 30, 2013
seunfly: Corruption everywhere, i hope some people will not come and stand by this man the way some have been supporting stella and her corruptions.
definitely!
The foundation has been laid!

1 Like

Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by gbanikiti(m): 6:02am On Oct 30, 2013
donphilopus: Where are we heading to??
my brother,I have no idea! This country is finished!
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by sCun: 6:06am On Oct 30, 2013
Crucify him! Crucify him!
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by lincolnj88: 6:46am On Oct 30, 2013
you see one of the reason for almajiri and boko haram
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2013
Even napep people sef? Wen next i enta keke napep ah wnt pay :/
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by donphilopus: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: my brother,I have no idea! This country is finished!
grin grin grin grin grin True Talk.. Aviation sector is corrupt, the rest are equally corrupt
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by ifyalways(f): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2013
This country is gone. Corruption everywhere.

Tufia!
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by mekuslogan: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2013
seunfly: Corruption everywhere, i hope some people will not come and stand by this man the way some have been supporting stella and her corruptions.

Like your people supported Bode George and Tinubu when they stole money and were being tried
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Olugbenger(m): 7:19am On Oct 30, 2013
it can only get worse.
Fresh air in action.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by awodman: 7:21am On Oct 30, 2013
Its a good thing that corrupt dealings are been exposed everyday..before all this things get covered up.Now,the next step is to ensure culprits are sanctioned appropriately.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by talktimi(m): 7:32am On Oct 30, 2013
This news will die a natural death with no cries or s#it storm because 255 million is greater than 12 billion.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Tuntheycr7: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2013
Coruption everywher you go.
Am Sure those guyz havnt paid their tithes that's Y, by the time he settled the neccessary pple oga at the top the case wud jux die a natural death.
If things shud continue lyk this.... Permit me to say RIP to Nigeria future
Hope God wud terminate dis our yeye leaders b4 tinx gets outta hand
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by fkaz(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2013
See the whole terminology they use,

Uncovered N10billion naira trapped in some failed financial institution,

While 150million meant for spare part was catered away and paid 171million for ghost goods

N605million carted away by kekenapep riders

N1.4billion paid for unverified project

Failure to remit N700million naira revenue

Auto Ban limited disappeared with N150million

Like say all no be thiefin
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by mutiply: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2013
In every developed country, the judiciary is respected and taken with high esteem by the citizens cause they play effective roles, if only our own judiciary can live up to its responsibilities, we would have gone past the stage. People tends to have a stealing habit cause previous persons have been found not guilty and it all bores down on bribery and corruption. The judiciary needs to wake up and ignore tribe, religion or region. That's the only way we can make this nation great.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by asha80(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2013
i am actually amused when people shout that corruption has taken over nigeria as if corruption is not in the blood of most nigerians.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by dridowu: 8:27am On Oct 30, 2013
Nigeria = One Month = One Scandal = Unresolved
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Tuntheycr7: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2013
Coruption everywher you go.
Am Sure those guyz havnt paid their tithes that's Y, by the time he settled the neccessary pple oga at the top the case wud jux die a natural death.
If things shud continue lyk this.... Permit me to say RIP to Nigeria future
Hope God wud terminate dis our yeye leaders b4 tinx gets outta hand.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Nehemiah459(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2013
#NAPEP Has always been a scam, from the Keke to what else they ever lay their hands on.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2013
Are they just waking up? NAPEP is a complete scam! Awooof money!! When Venture Capitalists are springing up in saner climes, the Nigerian government is busy throwing away money.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by talktimi(m): 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
255 m > 12 b you guys should just gerrova it jare
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by Jbluv55(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
And now this.......which way Nigeria .....
Let me confirm this story first b4 making a proper comment.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by gerald09(m): 3:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
I keep laughing when people say stuff like "Nigeria will change" or "thing will soon get outta hand". Nigeria will crash dats a fact its a matter of time, but it will certainly happen. No matter hw hard we fight corruption or don't fight corruption. Tribe, religion and greed will always win. Its no more a thing its our life style, its our culture, its our blood. Nigeria can only succeed if every Nigerian suddenly vanish from d face of d earth or being ruled by non-Nigerians. The problem of Nigeria aint corruption, d problem of Nigeria is Nigerians #Fact
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by egift(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
I am here looking for little money to support my business, NAPEP is busy sharing billions among themselves. If I do something drastic now on them, you guy will say am a bad man.
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by UyiIredia(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
Name so so billion we dey hear. The centre must be stripped of its powers and funded by the states in a true federal a LA parliamentary system. Then there will be less reason for everyone to rush to the centre for money coming MOSTLY from INE region in the country.

# team true federalism cool
Re: Senate Uncovers N12bn Fraud In NAPEP by UyiIredia(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nanso so billion we dey hear. The centre must be stripped of its powers and funded by the states in a true federal a LA parliamentary system. Then there will be less reason for everyone to rush to the centre for money coming MOSTLY from INE region in the country.

# team true federalism cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

JE SUIS Nigeria:the Inefficiency Of The Nigerian Government(pix) / Fashola Dances Shoki; Reekado, Don Jazzy Backs Buhari At APC Lagos Rally (pic) / Photos : Jonathan Returns To Aso Rock After Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.