Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,528 members, 7,816,290 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi (15697 Views)

Chris Ngige's Visit To Abia State (Photos) / Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) / The President Is Coming To Abia State And The Whole Town Is Closed Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by lalasticlala(m): 2:59am On Dec 05, 2014
Rivers State governor Rotimi Amaechi has said that his decision to approach a Federal High Court in Abuja two weeks ago stopped the federal government from transferring N12 billion meant for the state to Abia State.

This is as the governor has promised to renovate damaged stalls of the Port Harcourt New Layout Market gutted by fire on Tuesday night as well as compensate traders who were affected by the inferno.

Amaechi spoke yesterday in Port Harcourt the state capital, during the governorship primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) where 4,574 delegates of the party in the state ratified the endorsement of a member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Dakuku Peterside as the party’s consensus governorship candidate for the 2015 general elections.

He said, “I went to court two weeks ago to stop the federal government from taking our N12 billion to Abia State. If I didn’t do that, they (federal government) would have taken our money to Abia State.”

The governor stated that the choice of Peterside, who represents Andoni/Opobo/Nkoro federal constituency in the National Assembly, was not his, but that of the APC caucus in the Rivers South-East senatorial district of the state.

source: http://leadership.ng/news/393075/stopped-fg-transferring-n12bn-abia-gov-amaechi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by SilentCrescendo: 3:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Welcome to the game of politics. lipsrsealed
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by SuperModerator: 3:04am On Dec 05, 2014
I like Amaechi but he talks too much

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by ORAFA(m): 3:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Good move

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by jnrbayano(m): 3:06am On Dec 05, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Rotimi Amaechi, cat and mouse.

1 Like

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by menesheh(m): 3:06am On Dec 05, 2014
noise maker.

playing with the Gods.

be careful mr APC,.

Still don't be surprise when the people u are casting demons out with turn around and pronounce u as one of the Devils.

33 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by gbodimowo(m): 3:10am On Dec 05, 2014
ok
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Trafford(m): 3:13am On Dec 05, 2014
This guy likes attention like drogba... he must be from Ivory coast

Just saying... Lolz

30 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by baby124: 3:15am On Dec 05, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Atouke: 3:16am On Dec 05, 2014
Noise maker governor.

14 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by khalid6ix: 3:18am On Dec 05, 2014
That z my man...although am nt from River state bt. I respect Him a lot...Good move Mr amaechi

11 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by gogodaye(m): 3:28am On Dec 05, 2014
Gov. Amaechi just had his elixir.... he's had his prescription jabs at PGEJ for the day.....
Whilst he was busy doing this...Part of the Port Harcourt city metropolis got flooded after a Twenty minute downpour......
Amaechi show casing absentee governance.....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Ilekeh(f): 3:29am On Dec 05, 2014
If the facts are there, then it's something I urge Nigerians to investigate and discuss.

This is not the time for "He's APC" or "He's not Ibo/Yoruba/Hausa". Stop putting your country's future on ice for biro and bags of rice.

16 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by knightsTempler: 3:30am On Dec 05, 2014
Only if this guy can allow his actions speak for him instead of his gob, then and only he will be called a MAN.

6 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by free2ryhme: 3:37am On Dec 05, 2014
ok ooo
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by efilefun(m): 3:38am On Dec 05, 2014
Surest dude... yarn ur mind and wait for their response that's if they even have one.... lol

4 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Chris95(m): 3:41am On Dec 05, 2014
This man is obsessed with fighting the Federal Govt ..

12 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by victorD3: 3:45am On Dec 05, 2014
So the fed govt can just transfer monies that belongs to state A to state B?

Welldone Ameachi the repo man.

13 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by kobikwelu(m): 3:52am On Dec 05, 2014
beer parlour talk....

transfer money for a state to another

who does he think he is talking to??

16 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by glimpse(f): 3:53am On Dec 05, 2014
lalasticlala...I carry yansh for you ooo. are you now a supermod? see when you posted this thread...sharp sharp it hit front page. I doff my hat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by overdrive(m): 3:55am On Dec 05, 2014
this guy will talk himself into trouble!

4 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by uken73(m): 4:02am On Dec 05, 2014
Can a states money be transferred to another state?

3 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by femsmith(m): 4:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Abeg dem b all thieves jawe.. Cnt trust dem a bit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by kettykin: 4:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Congratulations Amaechi for stopping your N12B from going to Abia but not being able to stop your sea port from going to Atiku, your oil well from going to bayelsa your oil block from being shared to northern and south western beneficiaries and no Niger deltan ,making it almost impossible for Jonathan to come back for a second term,87% of your oil revenue from going to be shared by the federal government.
Notice this is about his only achievement during the wasted 16 years in office

41 Likes

Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by emjoe1: 4:10am On Dec 05, 2014
k. Just like that?
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Extom(m): 4:15am On Dec 05, 2014
Ok.

Signed: Extom
Virtual Secretary
Nairaland
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Tekzyflex(m): 4:17am On Dec 05, 2014
Amaechi; the attention seeker......!
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by msmon(m): 4:30am On Dec 05, 2014
What?
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by Godisnear(m): 4:31am On Dec 05, 2014
if I hear
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by allcomage: 4:57am On Dec 05, 2014
This guy doesn't behave like Ibo man he is,anyway time shall tell.
Re: I Stopped FG From Transferring Our N12bn To Abia – Gov Amaechi by blackpanda: 5:11am On Dec 05, 2014
msmon:
What?
kettykin:
Congratulations Amaechi for stopping your N12B from going to Abia but not being able to stop your sea port from going to Atiku, your oil well from going to bayelsa your oil block from being shared to northern and south western beneficiaries and no Niger deltan ,making it almost impossible for Jonathan to come back for a second term,87% of your oil revenue from going to be shared by the federal government.
Notice this is about his only achievement during the wasted 16 years in office

all what u mentioned r constitutionally under the control of FG. So blame GEJ not Amechi. It is Jonathan that shared all d oil blocks to his greedy friends not amechi.
States can only lay claim to derivation fund which is why amechi went to court

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo / $1 Billion: 'Excess Crude account is Illegal' - House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila / Edwin Clark: Police To Arraign Informant In Court (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.