Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP (8830 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Photo: The New PDP National HQ... An Abandoned Project? / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 30, 2013

Governor of Niger State, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu has denied the lead report in the Daily Trust of Tuesday October 29, 2013, that he pulled out of the group of seven ( G-7) governors and the new PDP, saying he remains the leader of the G-7.

The Daily Trust yesterday carried a report quoting an unnamed source close to the governor as revealing that the governor has chosen to leave the fold of the new PDP quietly to return to the Bamanga Tukur-led PDP.

Following yesterday’s denial by the governor which claimed that the Daily Trust report was a lie, the paper has revealed that the information contained in its lead report of Tuesday was actually from the media aide to the governor, Danladi Ndayebo, who on Monday told our reporter with express approval that it should be reported that the governor is leaving the fold of the new PDP.

Daily Trust had reported the story based on the reliability of the source, supposing that such a revelation could not only be authentic and true but can only be given out with the full consent of the governor.

Ndayebo reliably informed our correspondent that Gov. Aliyu had pulled out of the new PDP saying the governor had succumbed to pressure from PDP stakeholders and in order to save his political career which was being threatened by the adventure with the leadership of the nPDP. The spokesman said that the governor has been under pressure from stalwarts of the ruling party, including the Chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees, Chief Tony Anenih, Chief Raymond Dokpesi and one-time Director General of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Mr Ben Bruce who met him at different times to plead with him to return to the party.
Governor Aliyu yesterday while playing host to the national president and other leaders of the Nigeria Civil Service Union in his office in Minna, described the Daily Trust report as an enemy action sponsored to break the ranks of the G-7 governors.

He said: “I woke up this morning with a rude shock that a newspaper that can call me at anytime to confirm a report would file such a report because I was not in a meeting. The paper went to town saying I have pulled out of G-7.
“The truth of the matter is that Babangida Aliyu is still a member and in fact, I am the leader of G-7.

“I regard that write-up as an enemy action. It was planted by people who are interested in breaking our ranks and who try to input motives where there are none. I see the hands of some people I can identify to have sponsored this article. I urge people not to make policies relating to all they read in the papers as some of these articles are sponsored.”

Aliyu said his absence from the Sunday meeting of the G-7 was not intentional and explained that he was absent partly because of the shift of the time of the meeting and his ill-health and that his colleagues were adequately informed and apologies sent through three governors and wondered why his absence at the meeting could be misconstrued to mean he is pulling out of the group.

“On that day, I did not plan to leave Minna until 2pm since the meeting was slated for 8pm, then I got a call that the Sokoto State governor had requested a shift in time because he had a programme the next day on the opening of the state university and he requested that the meeting is shifted from 8pm to 2pm.

“So I sent an apology because there was no way I could meet up with them since I was still in Minna by 2pm. I spoke to three of my colleagues and asked them to help me tender my apologies especially as I was not feeling too well but I had intended to travel. When other of my colleagues were not around, I attended meetings on their behalf, I don’t see why my absence would be conjured to mean I have pulled out of the G7”, Aliyu explained.

He also said: “This is not the time for anyone to pull out of the party when out of respect for the office of the President and the President himself, we are discussing. There is no way you can wake up and say you are pulling out when you are already negotiating. You cannot pull out at this moment. The time for decision to be taken will be when we have concluded discussions with the President.

“After the conclusion and agreement at the end of the discussions, those who may be satisfied with the outcome will take their decision, the same with those not satisfied with the outcome. Despite anyone’s decision, we will still remain as Nigerians.

Source: Daily trust
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 30, 2013
#God bless Nigeria!
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Jeel: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2013
He is only playing games he has left

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by beylinko(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2013
Whether you go or not na time go tell. Bunch of big belly, ugly corrupt politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by everyday: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Thats the lives of politicians
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Jeel: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2013
He will leave there is no doubt
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by ChemicalMallam(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2013
In d game of politics, there re NO permanent allies and so also NO permanent Enemys..... So don't b surprise by what this poli-thiefians say or do
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by sage2(m): 9:37am On Oct 30, 2013
This man come across as a snitch. Like my comment if you agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by sayso: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2013
Somebody has lost his job ooooohhhhh.see politics.

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by nairaman66(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2013
Yeah! I knew it was conspiracy theory at work earlier!

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by olahero(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Good for him, May GOD disrupt those parties so that Nigeria would live as one. God bless NIGERIA.
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by condralbede(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2013
He was there.cos as far as am concern.he has left for real.
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by BabaEleko(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2013
Old and New PDP, na God go punish all of them all.

7 Likes

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by adesola220: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2013
Who am I life goes on
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by gbanikiti(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2013
He is the brain behind the G7 Governors. He isn't going to leave the gang.

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 30, 2013
Who cares if he leaves or stay. It doest change anything....
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Tbillz(m): 9:47am On Oct 30, 2013
Anoda tactic of tha game#playOn
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by SirTunechi(f): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2013
Who cares wich party he z......ASUU biko cal off strike
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by stebell(m): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2013
gbanikiti: He is the brain behind the G7 Governors. He isn't going to leave the gang.

And yu are his spokesman right
get a life boy
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by adaksbullet: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2013
undecided
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Osinachi101(m): 9:49am On Oct 30, 2013
Me I don't knw wat 2 comment o! Can sombody tell me
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by donphilopus: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2013
stebell:
And yu are his spokesman right
get a life boy
Does the person you quoted look like a boy??
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by kingarizona(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2013
Hmm
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by donphilopus: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2013
Why would he leave??

It's a fight to finish
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2013
As if we really care
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Polio: 9:53am On Oct 30, 2013
Maybe another Aliyu left the new PDP ......
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by ChemicalMallam(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2013
sayso: Somebody has lost his job ooooohhhhh.see politics.

You can say that Again.... That Big mouthed i-diot dat disclose d news will nw knw d 'value' of silence
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by BigBen10: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2013
Jeel: He is only playing games he has left
Eyah Pele. smiley
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Caseless: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2013
immediately i saw this news yesterday , i knew it was the usual pdp machination or strategy to stir wrangling among the G-7.

we're solidly behind u, our rebel governors!

i jst de laff.... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by Caseless: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2013
donphilopus: Why would he leave??

It's a fight to finish
u wey know say.... na finish. gej nor fit win this fight.

up G-7 governors...!

down general charles taylor ebele jonathan!
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by donphilopus: 10:09am On Oct 30, 2013
caseless: u wey know say.... na finish. gej nor fit win this fight.

up G-7 governors...!

down general charles taylor ebele jonathan!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Aliyu Denies Leaving New PDP by toocoded: 10:12am On Oct 30, 2013
Having weighed the pros and cons of staying wiv the Rebellious Gssss, Aliyu is stylishly dissing his cohorts, innit? ALIYU!!!!! Y now?? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To The Jamaica Town Of Abeokuta / Breaking News..50 Russian Fighter Jets Bombing Turkish Capital Ankara / Video Of Nigerian Navy Special Forces Personel Training U.s. Marine Personels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.