Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) (885 Views)

Fayose To Mu’azu: Resign, Emulate British LP, Democrats’ Leaders / 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by eluquenson(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2013
José Alberto "Pepe" Mujica Cordano was born 20 May 1935 is an Uruguayan politician, and President of Uruguay since 2010. A former guerrilla fighter and a member of the Broad Front coalition of left-wing parties, Mujica was Minister of Livestock, Agriculture, and Fisheries from 2005 to 2008 and a Senator afterwards. As the candidate of the Broad Front, he won the 2009 presidential election and took office as President on 1 March 2010.

He has been described as "the world's 'poorest' president", as he donates around 90 percent of his $12,000 monthly salary to charities to benefit poor people and small entrepreneurs

Mujica's recent speech to the UN General Assembly denouncing excess and frivolity, also received global attention:
He may look like a working class grandfather, but 78-year-old Mujica is a man with a powerful message, a leader who is a one of a kind.

Also known as Pepe Mujica, he refused to move to the luxurious house the Uruguayan state provides for its leaders, and chose instead to stay in the modest home he shares with his senator wife in the capital.

His lifestyle and the fact that he donates 90 percent of his salary to charity has earned him the label 'the poorest president in the world'.

"Those who describe me so are the poor ones," he says. "My definition of poor are those who need too much. Because those who need too much are never satisfied."

Mujica is a man who practices the simplicity he preaches and never minces words, a style some of his countrymen criticise as unpresidential, but which makes him a hero to others.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/talktojazeera/2013/10/jose-mujica-i-earn-more-than-i-need-2013102294729420734.html

Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by kingarizona(m): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2013
Nigerian leaders emula......... Hold on!! Iffa hear emulate undecidedundecidedundecided

Its a wrong number, please re-dial, thanks
Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by neobusiness(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2013
Just enjoyed this story. Definitely what we need to advocate for our leaders-MODESTY
Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2013
Before you start to throw stones to Nigerian leaders, first ask yourself/myself ''can I emulate this man?''. The answer is very obvious.
Oya, keep those stones down. angry
Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by Emmyk(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2013
Hell no.

Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by fasho01(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2013
My definition of poor are those who need too much.. nice quote but not applicable here
Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by Ismahill(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2013
9ice one.bt who wan emulate am 4 here.shey na madam wey go buy #255 million bulletproof car go donate im salary gv charity.i yimu 4 u.
Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2013
All I can say is "This man has got style"!!! That's all
Re: Can Nigerian Leaders Emulate Jose Mujical(world Poorest President) by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2013
"Those who describe me so are the poor ones," he says. "My definition of poor are those who need too much. Because those who need too much are never satisfied."

Wonderful!!!!...

(1) (Reply)

Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report / Reasons Why I’m Facing The Wrath Of Jonathan And His Wife – Amaechi / Bafarawa To Dump APC Over Wamakko’s Defection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.