Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving (26891 Views)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) / Ayo Fayose 55th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Ekiti (Photos) / Notable Nigerian Heroes We All Need To Emulate As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by AllRoundGist: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2013
I wonder why Nigerians continue to celebrate 'lootocracy'. They honour looters, terrorists, militants, assassins etc. Uhm...only Nigerians can make a mad man look sane and make a sane man look mad. If he were to be a common criminal, no one would want to associate with him, but now that he is a rich criminal, everyone want to be recognized with him. Nigeria my beloved country! The land where mad men direct traffic and the supposedly sane people follow obediently....Is there really any hope for this country?

On Sunday 4th August 2013, the people of Oghara in Delta State celebrated their former governor in grand style on his 55th birthday. Although, the ex governor, James Onanefe Ibori, is currently serving his jail terms in a London prison for fraud, his admirers and political associates gathered to celebrate him. The celebration started with a Thanksgiving service at the Baptist Church, where the pastor, Rev Iweh Godspower, challenged the congregation to emulate Ibori.

While the Rev was preaching, he asked:

"What is that aspect of ibori's personality that could attract such mammoth crowd which filled the church and overflows outside?"

He answered his own question by saying:

"It is given that Ibori is a huge success, but that is not why all of you have left your homes and different towns to be in Oghara today; even though the man you have come to celebrate may never know the individuals that have come to do him honour. You have come to Ogahara today because Ibori is a man who after climbing high in the social, political and economical ladders of Nigeria, he did not seize and throw away the ladders in the way most Nigerian big men usually do; he made the ladder available for others to climb up too. And even when some people are too weak to make good use of that ladder, he helped pull them up. That is why you are here today. Never forget that and you go and do likewise; help others to climb up the ladders of life and love." The crowd applauded him and others bellowed Ibori's nickname "Odidigborigbo of Africa."

The three days celebration ends today with a topflight novelty football match at the Oghara Township Stadium.

http://www.mjemagazine.com/emulate-james-ibori-pastor-advice-nigerians/
http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/08/emulate-ibori-pastor-advice-nigerians.html#more

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Kx: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2013
Coming from a supposed "Minister of the gospel", what a shame.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Damojo: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2013
More like 'amputate Ibori'............Prophet of doom!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by SincereBigot: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2013
we are finished!!

21 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Tolexander: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2013
Who doesn't know that the average nigerians have the mentality to loot the public fund.

Just like telling the thief to steal.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by nedu2000(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2013
A country that celebrates ibori,alams,bode george ,confirmed criminals can't move forward

15 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2013
We all know that Pastors are also in the thieving business these days...

The celebration was little more than an 'Industry Night'. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2013
All these useless pastors tarnishing the image of christianity. Woe betide thee all.

13 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by omenka(m): 9:39am On Aug 06, 2013
When the favourite passtime of the suposed leader of all chritian faithfuls in Nigeria is hobnobing with the biggest crooks in country, then worse should be expected of his subjects. Bottom line, i'm not suprised at this pastor.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Edipee(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2013
Hypocracy of the highest order, a pastor and follower of christ asking his congregation to follow a man. very soon he'll celebrate and Emulate ABUBAKAR SHEKAU. SHM

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Acidosis(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2013
Well,

Let me quote a popular saying on Nairaland Religious/Celebrities/Romance/Family sections.. cool

Remove the dirt in your eye first before others

Let he without sin cast the first stone

We have all cheated before, you have no right to question the other cool

Meaning, if you know you've stolen a piece of meat before from your mama's pot, you have no right to question anyone that steals N100billion from your country's account.

If you have a gf, then you have no right to question a Nigerian slut that r a p ed a South African guy on a reality show..

If you know you once killed a ANT, then you should smile when a hired killer points a rifle at your skull.. cool

Thats the law of gullible and bigoted nairalanders... cool

So who are we to judge Thief Ibori and the most reverend Papa, the Man of God? We are not God, y'all know..¿

19 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by abu12: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2013
Is not that bad as some who are moving freely and even serving in govt now but then nija is in a mess. But I think Ibori family are trying to prove a point to GEJ and his godfather edwin clark. I hope by the time he comes back2nija he will be going on a thank u visit just like Al-mustapha
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by negbenebor(f): 9:48am On Aug 06, 2013
Haaaaa,I tot d pastor will lash him.u don't preach message to pls pple but nw dats wat dey do.next time he comes I want to hear something like d wages of sin is death or if u steal u will roast in hell fire.u want us to emilate a thief?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2013
Hahahahahahaha... cheesy cheesy

Pastor say emulate "thief"! I wonder who ordained this fool.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by homesteady(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2013
This pastor own don be for him

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by bimbola4real(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2013
I weep for Naija....celebrating criminals in a church, wow....if this guy na man of God, wonder what man of satan go be o

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by owolabifunke14(f): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2013
Weeping in Yoruba..if I no go church again becox of this pastor, my mama go begin call me names. Anyway I go stil dey goi church.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Olucheye(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2013
Don't blame the pastor, Blame the hunger fueling the stupidity he spewed out infront of the said mammoth crowd at the birthday celebration.

A message like would probably earn him around $50,000 thank-you-sir-we-are-grateful-for-your-warm-message-gift. The kind the failing pastor turned politician rejected in Aso-rock.

In clime sanes, this pastor should be investigated, tried and thrown shamelessly out of the ministerial casok. Big shame on him! His mate across the north too, is currently being celebrated by every Northern diginitary. Shameless folks who doesn't want the progess of the nation.

BOTTOMLINE: Like Lagabja said earlier so many mumu's in Mumudom. Another mumu seeking his political severage fund!
Biko, wetem oompa and peppersoup Looks away
cry

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by pheyikemi: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2013
Sincere Bigot: we are finished!!
They are all finished

1 Like

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2013
"All Nigerians are corrupt, minus opportunity".

True or false?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by BrokenTV: 11:03am On Aug 06, 2013
Just laughing
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2013
.... * in yuzedo's
voice :
"huh? wuz dis?! **shakein my head like Pit edochei** we
give UuUpp!!!"
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by OgaTheTop2: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Emulate a thief! Emulate Ibori at your own peril.. sad
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Ibangap(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Really?

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by yuzedo: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
"Odidigborigbo of Africa."

Chai! We giff up!

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by sylve11: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hahahaha. What else can i say!? grin grin grin cool
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
dis pastor don kolo.

Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by nep2ra(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
It's official. Majority of Nigerians worship Mammon and not God. The evidence is all around you.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Nightshift1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Phu.ck. that Pastor
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by slimfit1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Pastor don't let me and fellow Christians offend God.
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by Pray(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
Judge not..... End time....
Re: Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving by iamswizz(m): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
we should emulate thieves?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Joins Buhari In London For A Meeting (PHOTO) / El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations / Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Vice President Kashim Shettima (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.