Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean (17348 Views)

10 Important Places To Note When Having Your Bath. / If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? / Which Of These Have You Used To Clean Your Ear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by rodeo0070(m): 9:17am On Oct 30, 2013
Germs are everywhere, and no matter how clean you think you are, there are still germs all over your home. In order to protect yourself from certain sicknesses, you should clean your home thoroughly, especially in the areas listed below:

1. Door Handles, Knobs, and Light Switches

The other day I was doing a very thorough cleaning of my house, when I came across a very dirty light switch. I don’t know how I missed it all of these times, but when I cleaned it off I was completely shocked. It was like I just inserted a brand new light switch. These areas are places that everyone touches, yet they don’t seem to be cleaned nearly as often as they should.

2. Clothing Left in the Washing Machine

We’ve all been there: you start washing some of your clothes and then you forget about them. However, if you forget about it for a couple of days, mold could build up. Your wet clothes are a great habitat for germs, so be sure to re-wash them and try again.
3. Personal Items, Such as Remote Controls, Cell Phones and Keyboards

Remote controls, cell phones, and keyboards are all things that you constantly touch with your hands, which are always full of germs. Every now and then you should wipe down these items to help eliminate germs. That said, before you go get all of your electronics wet, make sure that you are cleaning them properly, with the right products.

4. The Entire Bathroom
Make sure to clean your bathroom (especially your toilet) regularly. Not only is it scary/disgusting to use a bathroom that hasn’t been cleaned in ages, but it is also unsanitary. Whip out your mop and mop the floor, and then whip out your disinfectants and brushes and clean that toilet.

5. The Family/Play Room
One of the most active rooms in your home is most likely the family room or play room. You kick back and relax in these rooms, or rough it up and make a mess. You probably don’t always clean your hands before or after hanging out in this room either, which means that there are a lot of germs. Make sure that you are cleaning these rooms as often as needed, and that you are thoroughly cleaning toys as well.

6. Your Makeup Bag
My makeup bag is fairly clean, but I know that it could be better. I happened to go through my sister’s makeup bag the other day to find something that I quickly needed and found that it was incredibly dirty. I didn’t even want to dump it on the ground to find what I needed (she told me to just dump it all out), so I had to set a towel down because of how filthy everything was. Clean out your makeup bag and use what you need.

7. Your Kitchen
There are many reasons for why your kitchen is one of the dirtiest places in your home. Your kitchen is home to dirty dishes (which, lets be honest, may pile up every now and then), soiled wash towels, left-over food on the counter and so on. Make sure to wash the sink, any knobs, the faucet, the fridge, the counters and so on.

8. The Trash Can
This spot in your home is probably pretty obvious. You throw away all sorts of things in your trash can, which can lead to a mess. Make sure that you are carefully places things into your trash can and that nothing falls off to the side, or that the trash bag ever rips.

9. Towels and Dish Rags
Many people re-use rags and towels a couple of times before they wash them, but if these rags or towels have germs on them, then you are most likely just spreading germs around. Make sure that you are using fresh towels when needed.
10. Pet Areas

We all love our pet family members, but they can be dirty. They most likely don’t receive baths as much as humans, and they play outside all day and do all sorts of crazy things while they are out there. Make sure to wash the areas that they sleep or play in, and wash their food bowls as well.

What are you running off to clean first?

CULLED FROM: www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-surprisingly-dirty-places-your-home-that-you-need-clean-now.html?utm_source=Lifehack&utm_campaign=b4f1f7a483-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_983e966a3e-b4f1f7a483-414734457

3 Likes

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by seankay(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ur right.Thanks for the info
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by jaytime(m): 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
Under your bed too. Reason why cockroaches like the place.

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Cubeet: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good to know.
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by chineloSA(f): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
jaytime: Under your bed too. Reason why cockroaches like the place.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Roaches under the bed

That must be a filthy house shocked shocked shocked shocked.

The last time I inherited roaches, they only dance in my kitchen, but never go to my bedroom.

Yes its dark under the bed but no food, famine only. For what when there is no food. shocked shocked Your cockroaches are a rare breed. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by mspee(f): 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Okay!
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by donphilopus: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Okay, I'll clean them!!! Thanks
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by DonHummer(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
ok o!
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by DonHummer(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
11..under the couch...

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by okorobabe(f): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Door handles for sure!

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Kaxmytex(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Insyd d ceiling

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Adrenaline123(m): 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
A very vital place to wash is the bottom of shoes/footwears, that place can habour germs ni.
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by iamteaser: 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
Genitals
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Korrection(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Back of the freezer...guys check very well youll see flung used condom grin
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by godwinony(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
go to sch hostels and repeat these to the occupants .
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by 01mcfadden(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
All areas of your home need cleansing!
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
I think op will mention the most dirtiest place at home i.e under bed, he/she his/her mentioning the most cleannest places.
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by venous(f): 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
godwinony: go to sch hostels and repeat these to the occupants .

which school hostel?... na HIV be dat na shocked
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by IAMBREEZY: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Good
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Layolaw(f): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
what about shelve? it could be very dirty
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by adaksbullet: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
undecided
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Brimmie(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
1. Inside Your Ceiling: Here you can find different types of Reptiles and Rodents.

2. Your 3-Seater Chair: If you have Kids in your house, then these little fvckers find it easier to dump their stuffs there instead of the trash can.

undecided
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by metti(m): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
cheesy
Korrection: Back of the freezer...guys check very well youll see flung used condom grin
ASEWO MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Aromas: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Adrenaline123: A very vital place to wash is the bottom of shoes/footwears, that place can habour germs ni.
grin I swear 9ija poverty no upgrade @ll, imagine under d shoe, bros u don treak wella 4 dis Lagos ooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by willyray(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
very helpful
[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
tanks 4 d tips

1 Like

Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by Lilimax(f): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by topas100(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Great info
Re: Dirty Places In Your Home You Need To Clean by xamiel: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Coronavirus Patient In Ondo Was An Ex Corper - Governor Akeredolu Clarifies / COVID-19 Update For January 18 2021 In Nigeria / Kano Govt Bans Shisha Smoking, Stops Underage Children From Entering Hotels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.