Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity (790 Views)

For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity / Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2013
The message of Islam has always been "There's no deity except Allah and Muhammad is His apostle". This was the proclamation of the past prophets: "unity of God and declaration of their respective prophet-hood."

Allah gave convincing victory to the holy prophet (saws) on his return back to Makkah (conquest of Makkah) where the idolators submitted with no single blood-shed.

Alas in the 9th-10th year of Hijra (24th of Zul Hijjah)- a year to the demise of the blessed prophet, an incidence occurred that could determine the fate of Islam. A contest in which God's wrath was to be sought upon liar between Islam and Christianity (Mubahala).

NAJRANI CHRISTIAN
Najran was a fertile land located in Yemen where about 40,000 christian inhabited as at the time of the holy prophet. After the conquest of Makkah, the holy prophet sent emissaries to different tribes who had not yet accepted Islam. A similar message was
sent to the Christians of Najran and they were offered either to accept the teachings of Islam or live in the protection of Muslims and give 'Jazia' - a kind of fee for protection services. When the Bishop of Najran received this message, he invited all the
scholars and influential people of Najran and asked them to think and find a solution to this situation.

DIALOGUE!
After deliberations, it was finally decided to send a mission to Madina and have a dialog with the Muslims. The holy prophet (saws) hosted these christian priest for 3days and 3nights where dialogue upon dialogue took place - all centered around the personality of Jesus christ (a.s).
They maintained he's God, son of God and part of God (trinity) while the holy prophet (saws) refuted their claims.

On this Qur'an says:
"Surely, the case of Jesus, in the sight of Allah is like the case of Adam. He created him from dust, then said to him, "Be", and he came to be." ~Sura al-Imran vs 59

PROPOSAL OF MUBAHALA
No matter how hard the holy prophet (saws) deliberated rationally and textually with the christian priest, they maintained their stand. However, Allah revealed:

"The truth is from your Lord. So, do not be of those who doubt.

SO IF SOMEONE ARGUES WITH YOU IN THIS AFTER WHAT HAS COME TO YOU OF THE KNOWLEDGE, say, "COME, LET US CALL OUR SONS AND YOUR SONS, OUR WOMEN and YOUR WOMEN, OURSELVES AND YOURSELVES, THEN PRAY AND INVOKE THE CURSE OF ALLAH UPON THE LIARS."

This is, indeed, the true narration. And there exists no god but Allah. And Allah is surely the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." ~Sura Al-Imran vs 60-62

ON THE FIELD OF MUBAHALA!
The christian accepted the contest and on that day, gathered most nobles among them. The holy prophet (saws) as instructed by His Lord carried Hussayn in his arm while Hassan held his finger, followed by Bibi Fatima and concluding with Ali (a.s). These blessed five souls to the field of Mubahala.

OUR SONS: Hassan and Hussayn
OUR WOMEN: Fatima
OURSELVES: Muhammad (saws) and Ali

The holy prophet declared: "Lord these are the People of my House, Ahl al-Bayt", and he covered his family with a cloak. ~sahih Muslim vol. II p. 287

The leaders of the Christian group recognized the gravity of the situation, prophethood of Muhammad and Muhammad's confidence in the outcome of the incident. The Christian leaders became frightened and advised their followers to pull out of the Mubahala stating that:

"By God! He (Muhammad) would not have come with them (the Ahl al-Bayt) if he was afraid that the proof would be against him. Therefore, be warned against the contest of prayer with him. By God! If it was not for the position of Caesar (the Byzantine emperor), I would submit to him. But (now) make peace with him on what can be agreed between you and him. Return to your land and think about it yourselves."

VICTORY TO ISLAM
This was how Allah gave victory to His prophet and Islam while the christian agreed to pay 'Jizya' and live in harmony under the protection of the prophet.

STATUS OF AHL AL-BAYT
Nearly all muslims especially the chiefs as at that time would have dreamt of being part of the contest to represent al-Islam. But the holy prophet (saws) took along, his ahl al-bayt comprises of Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain (a.s).

Here all the scholars of Tafsir unanimously explained that "Our women" referred to Fatima alone. She's the only woman worthy to represent Islam. They maintained that though "our women" is in a plural form but this kind is called "royal plural" which Allah normally used for Himself.

Ourselves (Anfusana) translated to be the holy prophet (saws) and Ali (a.s).

Our sons: Hassan and Hussain; the leader of the youth of paradise.

If there's any doubt as regard whom the ahl al-bayt (household) of the holy prophet (saws) were, this holy verse and incident is enough to dispel the doubt.

Peace be upon Muhammad and his pure household.

Salam
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why is such a thread created. There is no such thing as wanting supremacy over another religion. Everyone has a choice they make individually in life. This thread is a bit bigoted.
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198: Why is such a thread created. There is no such thing as wanting supremacy over another religion. Everyone has a choice they make individually in life. This thread is a bit bigoted.

You are no doubt very correct. Religion is by choice and never by force. "Let there be no force in religion for truth stand out clear from error"~Qur'an says.

However if you ever read the thread, you will see it was a historical event that happened at the time of the prophet of Islam. A contest between Islam and christianity on who follow the truth.

We remember this epic event as we are very much in the month it happened, Zul hijjah(Islamic lunar month).
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by arsenalwenger: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Al-Baqir:

You are no doubt very correct. Religion is by choice and never by force. "Let there be no force in religion for truth stand out clear from error"~Qur'an says.

However if you ever read the thread, you will see it was a historical event that happened at the time of the prophet of Islam. A contest between Islam and christianity on who follow the truth.

We remember this epic event as we are very much in the month it happened, Zul hijjah(Islamic lunar month).
Ok Islam is superior to Judaism, christianity, hinduism, Budism. R u happy now? Ok, go and start killing the infidels.
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 7:39am On Nov 01, 2013
arsenalwenger: Ok Islam is superior to Judaism, christianity, hinduism, Budism. R u happy now? Ok, go and start killing the infidels.

Islam respect people of other faith and their religion to the point their places of worship (churches, synagogue, temples) were being protected under the rule of Islam during the life-time of the holy prophet (saws).
He never fought christian or Jews except the transgressors among them whose only intent was to cause mischief.

NOTE
There were some dark ages in muslim history where some war-monger blood-thirsty so-called muslim leader committed heinous crime of killing innocent non-muslims (and fellow muslims who does not share their barbaric idea), demolishing places of worships etc. The same is going on today in the name of al-Qaeda, boko-haram etc. That is not Islam.
Just like the atrocities king Ferdinand and Queen Isabella committed in the name of Crusade in Spain, killing millions of muslim. I tell you in confidence that was not christianity.
Bad eggs!

"INFIDELS"
To the infidels, despite the revelation says:

"Say, "O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."
(Qur'an ch. 109)

History had it that muslims were persecuted and exiled at the hand of these infidels to the point that they waged war upon war against muslims to eradicate Islam.

All the wars fought by the prophet of Islam against these infidels were defensive in nature. He never started an offensive war. Even western historian bowed for his rules of engagement despite fighting a defensive war.
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by babylolaroy(f): 7:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Fulaman198: Why is such a thread created. There is no such thing as wanting supremacy over another religion. Everyone has a choice they make individually in life. This thread is a bit bigoted.
my thought exactly. I am a muslim and i suppose yu know dat. Buh i wanna remove prejudice and all biasness, this thread is really uncalled for. its gona generate all bitterness nd i suggest yu bring it down
islam maybe supreme. yeah. And ur supposed audience wont buy it so can we stop d bigotry already¿?
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by babylolaroy(f): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2013
Al-Baqir:

astaghfirullah. i ddnt read through tho buh i just av a feeling the topic is too.....direct or forward
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2013
babylolaroy:
my thought exactly. I am a muslim and i suppose yu know dat. Buh i wanna remove prejudice and all biasness, this thread is really uncalled for. its gona generate all bitterness nd i suggest yu bring it down
islam maybe supreme. yeah. And ur supposed audience wont buy it so can we stop d bigotry already¿?

I wish I could bring it down, but I'm only moderator for culture. This thread is very uncalled for.
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

I wish I could bring it down, but I'm only moderator for culture. This thread is very uncalled for.

Dear brother, I bet you didn't read the thread or previous comment. Likewise you judge the book by its cover. The article was an historical event between Islam and christianity at the time of the holy prophet (saws). And the thread is a remembrance of that epic event.
If you are a christian and I am a muslim, its all by choice and respect should be given to that. "Let there be no compulsion in religion..." is the gist in the Qur'an.

However, who are my audience? The thread was created within a confined "space" for muslim audience: "Islam for Muslim". So I don't believe I have over-stepped my boundary bro.
Please before we judge or conclude, let's try to give a thousands reasons first. Thanks.
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by babylolaroy(f): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2013
Dear Albaqir, i understand your view and you are absolutely in line with belief. Now you should understand mine
in ds forum, what we need is WAAZI to remind us of the deen. something to bring us closer to Allah. Topics to make us anticipate jannah earnestly. Now this to me is a topic that will generate argument. what do we need the argument for?
shouldnt we spend more time learning our deen than claiming obvious superiority?
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by AlBaqir(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2013
babylolaroy: Dear Albaqir, i understand your view and you are absolutely in line with belief. Now you should understand mine
in ds forum, what we need is WAAZI to remind us of the deen. something to bring us closer to Allah. Topics to make us anticipate jannah earnestly. Now this to me is a topic that will generate argument. what do we need the argument for?
shouldnt we spend more time learning our deen than claiming obvious superiority?

Dear sister, honestly I feel you. And you are right looking at the degeneration of muslim moral value in this society. At the same time you will agree with me you can't satisfy everybody. When I wrote an article on the state of muslims; lacking in morals as regard the practice of the holy prophet(which we claim to follow) with the headline "Devils stoned devils", the title of the article was changed by the moderator for no tangible reason and instead of people talking about the article and its reflection, some were even discriminating that I am a shia muslim(See: www.nairaland.com/1479823/position-stone-devil).
By Allah! I have no ill-feelings against anybody for only he who do not understand the attitude of people will find life difficult. One need to accommodate different people of different characters.

I can't help myself being an" Islamic history student". At every point in time, I reflect back to what has happened in the past, refresh our memory and learn from the event.
As we approach the holy month of Muharram (1st month of muslim calendar), my articles will based in sha Allah, on some of the tragic events that happened in the cause of Islamic/muslim history.
How many places in the holy Qur'an has Allah remind us of the events of the past for us to learn from?
May Allah refine us and modify our moral characters. So dear sister "waasi" on morals will be looked into in sha Allah.

Many thanks. Wa salam alaykum
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by babylolaroy(f): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2013
mashaaAllah. thats what i want. waazi after waazi after waazi..things to remind me of my existence.

am looking forward
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by Fulaman198(m): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
Al-Baqir:

Dear brother, I bet you didn't read the thread or previous comment. Likewise you judge the book by its cover. The article was an historical event between Islam and christianity at the time of the holy prophet (saws). And the thread is a remembrance of that epic event.
If you are a christian and I am a muslim, its all by choice and respect should be given to that. "Let there be no compulsion in religion..." is the gist in the Qur'an.

However, who are my audience? The thread was created within a confined "space" for muslim audience: "Islam for Muslim". So I don't believe I have over-stepped my boundary bro.
Please before we judge or conclude, let's try to give a thousands reasons first. Thanks.

I'm Muslim
Re: Islam Suprimacy Over Christianity by babylolaroy(f): 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm Muslim
alhamdulilah

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers Wanted / Islam & The Internet Series! / Conference On Prophetic Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.