Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (106893 Views)

Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory / Kuwaiti Prince, Abdullah Al-sabah Converts Into Christianity / Kuwaiti Shi'ite Sheikh Praises Temporary Marriage For A Handful Of Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kuwaiti royal prince declares conversion to Christianity: "if they kill me because of it, then I will appear before Jesus Christ"

Why would Abdullah al-Sabah think he might be murdered for exercising his freedom of conscience? After all, Muslim spokesmen such as Salam al-Marayati, M. Cherif Bassiouni, and Ali Eteraz (among many others) have assured us that Islam has no death penalty for apostasy.

Unfortunately, in doing so they fool credulous Westerners, but they disagree with Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, who said, "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him" (Bukhari 9.84.57). And all the schools of Islamic law still teach that death is the proper penalty for apostates.

In a sane world, this would be an international human rights issue, with calls from the UN to protect apostates from Islam. But this is not a sane world.

"Kuwait: The prince's mysterious conversion," by Marco Tosatti for Vatican Insider, January 16 (thanks to Jerry Newcombe):

According to reports, a Kuwaiti royal prince has become a follower of Jesus Christ. In an audio file posted with his name, he affirms that if he is killed because of a recording he made where he talks about his conversion, he firmly believes that he will meet Jesus Christ face-to-face. The news comes from Middle Eastern sources which state that al-Haqiqa – a Christian satellite TV channel in Arabic that transmits Christian religious programmes – broadcast an audio file attributed to the Kuwaiti prince, identified as Abdullah al-Sabah. The al-Sabahs are the royal family of Kuwait, a country rich in oil. The name Abdullah (servant of God) frequently appears in the Emir’s family tree.

In his audio file, Abdullah declared: “First of all, I fully agree with the distribution of this audio file and I now declare that if they kill me because of it, then I will appear before Jesus Christ and be with him for all eternity.” In this statement, the prince demonstrates his awareness of the fate in store for a martyr of the faith, according to Christian doctrine. The television channel stated that Abdullah is a member of the royal family, and that he recently renounced his faith in Islam and became a Christian, without specifying which particular branch of Christianity he had chosen. After stating his full name, the prince declared: “I will accept whatever they do to me, because the truth in the Bible has guided me towards the right path.”

In the audio file, Abdullah talks about the Islamic groups that are winning the elections in Egypt and declares: “Islamic communities have always wanted to attack in different parts of the world but God has preserved the world and still protects it. This is why we have recently seen disagreements appearing among Islamic groups who are now fighting with each other. They are about to divide further into different groups.”

Mohabat News, a Christian Iranian website which has been following the fate of Christian minorities in the Middle East closely and which has monitored Abdullah’s statement, confirms that this news was published briefly by Arabic news agencies and also by the Iranian state news agency. Some independent websites with Shiite leanings denied the reports and quoted another Kuwaiti prince, Azbi al-Sabah, who said: “There’s no one by that name in the Kuwaiti royal family.” In actual fact, the name Abdullah does not appear on the list of the 15 members of the royal family who rule this small, extremely wealthy country in different capacities: from the Sheikh down to Princess Nijirah al-Sabah, who testified in the US Congress under the assumed name of "Nurse Nayirah" on the humanitarian situation in the country after the invasion by Saddam Hussein’s Iraq and just before the Gulf War. That isn’t to say that this high-profile convert is not hidden somewhere within the extended family, under a different name.

In Kuwait the overwhelming majority of the population is Muslim (only 4% is Christian) and the country’s Constitution states: “Islam is the official religion of the country and Sharia is the main source for legislation.”,

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/homepage/world-news/detail/articolo/kuwait-cristianesimo-christianism-cristianos-11709/
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2012
Will our politically correct moderators put this one on the front page, let's see grin
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Sweetnecta: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^^^ In my view, he is free to choose his religion and end up in where the adherents of that religion will end up.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Sweetnecta: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2012
[Quote]"Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him" (Bukhari 9.84.57).[/Quote]This hadith is destroyed and rendered weak by the Quranic verse below;
[Quote]4/137; Those who believe, then reject faith, then believe (again) and (again) reject faith, and go on increasing in unbelief,- Allah will not forgive them nor guide them nor guide them on the way.[/Quote]

I can give you other verses that render your "they will kill him a lie against Islam".
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
firstly,if this piece of news is true (which i doubt as the end of the article in the OP confesses),this man must be drunk for him to have made this ignorant statement:

"because the truth in the Bible has guided me towards the right path"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

besides,these princes drunk with petro-dollars are no role models for muslims and others.you can see how deprave the saudi royals are.wikileaks revealed how they party and patronize pros.titutes,drink, and do all sorts of evil things contrary to Islam.this is the menace of wahhabism:the rules are only enforced on the weak and poor.unfortunately,many (ignorant of facts) see his white gown and head gear as "symbols of Islam",not knowing that the dress is more cultural than religious.

as for the news itself ,[b]i very much doubt it even though it is neither impossible nor wonderful.i do because for Shia websites to deny the news,then it must be false.the Shia are not in love with most royal families in the gulf region of the middle east;the royals being anti-Shia wahhabis.so it would have being the Shia who would propagate the news if it were true to mock the wahhabis that one of theirs is turning to pagan christianity.but the Shia websites according to the report have denied it.also,why would he release an audio?why not a video? the royal family does not recognize that any of them bear that name according to the report.using a name in the royal family like "Abdullah al-Sabah" is vague.we are not told who this "Abdullah" is.the royal family in Kuwait are either of the clan of "al-Sabah" or "al-Ahmad".so they should at least tell us as arabs do identify with their father's name whose son in the royal family this man is.but nothing.it obviously just another desperate attempt by the christian missionaries to use propaganda to sparehead their pagan beliefs.[/b]

nonetheless,i will follow the "breaking news" to see the lie behind it!

and as for the issue of persecution,you should take a look at the case of this Italian "prince" who turned to Islam:

"Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-850035.0.html

2 Likes

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

firstly,if this piece of news is true (which i doubt as the end of the article in the OP confesses),this man must be drunk for him to have made this ignorant statement:

"because the truth in the Bible has guided me towards the right path"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

besides,these princes drunk with petro-dollars are no role models for muslims and others.you can see how deprave the saudi royals are.wikileaks revealed how they party and patronize pros.titutes,drink, and do all sorts of evil things contrary to Islam.this is the menace of wahhabism:the rules are only enforced on the weak and poor.unfortunately,many (ignorant of facts) see his white gown and head gear as "symbols of Islam",not knowing that the dress is more cultural than religious.

as for the news itself ,[b]i very much doubt it even though it is neither impossible nor wonderful.i do because for Shia websites to deny the news,then it must be false.the Shia are not in love with most royal families in the gulf region of the middle east;the royals being anti-Shia wahhabis.so it would have being the Shia who would propagate the news if it were true to mock the wahhabis that one of theirs is turning to pagan christianity.but the Shia websites according to the report have denied it.also,why would he release an audio?why not a video? the royal family does not recognize that any of them bear that name according to the report.using a name in the royal family like "Abdullah al-Sabah" is vague.we are not told who this "Abdullah" is.the royal family in Kuwait are either of the clan of "al-Sabah" or "al-Ahmad".so they should at least tell us as arabs do identify with their father's name whose son in the royal family this man is.but nothing.it obviously just another desperate attempt by the christian missionaries to use propaganda to sparehead their pagan beliefs.[/b]

nonetheless,i will follow the "breaking news" to see the lie behind it!

You must be hurt by the news grin
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by drstan(m): 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hmmm,glory be to God,.now that u hav been saved from distruction pls spread d goodnews about Jesus christ.

1 Like

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Sweetnecta: 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ the same God who can't save himself from the cross? Or the God who didn't the save the one on the cross?

Stan are you okay after the headache subsided?
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Judek2(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
Its not just about accepting christianity,

Whatever sin he has commited before,and whatever wrong he has done, he must repent of it and worship God in truth and spirit.

Accepting Christ is a big step,and with all his heart and actions comfessed him,as his Lord and savior.
This man,if killed today. His faith shall save him. .
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ the same God who can't save himself from the cross? Or the God who didn't the save the one on the cross?

Stan are you okay after the headache subsided?

Let's talk about your DEAF and DUMB ALLAH grin grin , who cannot fight for or prove himself, instead he sends his brainwashed soilders to go and kill for him promising them 72 virgins.

Sickening.

1 Like

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
---
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by drstan(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
Sweetnectar@Lol, i hav prayed and my lord Jesus came to me in one of my dream last week, i saw him touching my head,and now i am free, no more REM and RACING dream again
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
--

My gay activist friend, you are still trolling, aye grin

Address the point, or do you have a grudge against me, move on mate, I am just the messenger cheesy
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

My gay activist friend, you are still trolling, aye grin
Address the point, or do you have a grudge against me, move on mate, I am just the messenger cheesy

Dumb nigger, you're the one posting manufactured news concerning your favorite jewish fairy tale. You are just the messenger? Who sent you on errands. I don't have a grudge against you, I DESPISE YOU. IRL, I won't piss on your kind if they were on fire.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
Martian:

Dumb nigger, you're the one posting manufactured news concerning your favorite jewish fairy tale. You are just the messenger? Who sent you on errands. I don't have a grudge against you, I DESPISE YOU. IRL, I won't piss on your kind if they were on fire.

Sorry I cannot help you with your misplaced agression grin

Have a nice evening !!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Have a nice evening !!

F#ck you! Go look for another bullsh#t story.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
Martian:

F#ck you! Go look for another bullsh#t story.

Okay my one and only troll, I will.

Let me know what you think about it. grin
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Okay my one and only troll, I will.
Let me know what you think about it. grin

Ask tidytim.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Have a nice evening !!

"misplaced agression"!!!what a term!!!

frosbel is seeking help from the atheists to attack Islam and provoke muslims.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Let's talk about your DEAF and DUMB ALLAH grin grin ,
unbelievable!!! frosbel,the ideal christian on earth,is inciting an atheist to help attack Islam.so much love from the christian!!!

who cannot fight for or prove himself, instead he sends his brainwashed soilders to go and kill for him promising them 72 virgins.

Sickening.

you still have not answered in the other thread what you mean by "prove himself" or "reveal himself" as you stated there:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=811398.msg10014054#msg10014054
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

unbelievable!!! frosbel,the ideal christian on earth,is inciting an atheist to help attack Islam.so much love from the christian!!!

you still have not answered in the other thread what you mean by "prove himself" or "reveal himself" as you stated there:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=811398.msg10014054#msg10014054

Don't use that LOVE blackmail with me  grin

Revealing truth is not Hate !!

This is what God's word says about DUMB Idols.

Isaiah 44 : 9 - 12
"They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?
Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint."

Such is the likes of ALLAH !!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Don't use that LOVE blackmail with me grin

Revealing truth is not Hate !!
seeking alliance with atheists to attack muslims is worse!!!

This is what God's word says about DUMB Idols.

Isaiah 44 : 9 - 12
"They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed. Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?
Behold, all his fellows shall be ashamed: and the workmen, they are of men: let them all be gathered together, let them stand up; yet they shall fear, and they shall be ashamed together.The smith with the tongs both worketh in the coals, and fashioneth it with hammers, and worketh it with the strength of his arms: yea, he is hungry, and his strength faileth: he drinketh no water, and is faint."

Such is the likes of ALLAH !!

amazingly,about 15 million christians in the middle east worship who you refer to as an "idol"!!!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

seeking alliance with atheists to attack muslims is worse!!!

amazingly,about 15 million christians in the middle east worship who you refer to as an "idol"!!!

Indeed , and the ALLAH they worship is not the ALLAH of Mecca !!!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed , and the ALLAH they worship is not the ALLAH of Mecca !!!

what is the difference? isn't there only One God,Unseen,Unique,Almighty and Creator?

looks like in addition of to the three demi-gods christians worship,they now identify with two others!!!
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

what is the difference? isn't there only One God,Unseen,Unique,Almighty and Creator?

looks like in addition of to the three demi-gods christians worship,they now identify with two others!!!

They cannot worship the same ALLAH.

Their ALLAH preaches LOVE and TOLERANCE.

Your ALLAH preaches HATE AND VIOLENCE .
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
frosbel:

They cannot worship the same ALLAH.

Their ALLAH preaches LOVE and TOLERANCE.

Your ALLAH preaches HATE AND VIOLENCE .

do you mean this:

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2012
LagosShia:

do you mean this:

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." - Matthew 7:6
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 12:07am On Jan 22, 2012
frosbel:

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." - Matthew 7:6

evidence that Jesus (as) called "frosbel" and gentiles dogs:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-851721.0.html#msg10018704
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by tbaba1234: 12:35am On Jan 22, 2012
There is no authenticity to this report: Who is Abdullah al-Sabah?

Is it the same guy sentenced to death for murdering his family member?

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kuwait/kuwaiti-prince-sentenced-to-death-for-the-murder-of-another-prince-1.891324

There is no other Abdullah al-Sabah in the kuwaiti royal family at this point,

This report is only on christian media, there are no independent sources,

I can only give one advice

O you who believe! If some transgressor brings you news (that requires taking action), verify it carefully (before you believe and act upon it), lest you harm a people in ignorance and then become regretful for what you have done. (Quran49:6)

This is applicable to everyone even you frosbel,

1 Like

Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Sweetnecta: 12:51am On Jan 22, 2012
And the hero of the christians; a man who murdered his family member in cod blood.

I guess he converted so that the christian world can get him released. He loves Jesus so much that he killed muslims to get to him.

see. that was easy.
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by LagosShia: 12:56am On Jan 22, 2012
where is that "dog" (according to Jesus) called "frosbel"? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 22, 2012
Sweetnecta:

And the hero of the christians; a man who murdered his family member in cod blood.

I guess he converted so that the christian world can get him released. He loves Jesus so much that he killed muslims to get to him.

see. that was easy.

same name wrong person, story is true.

appears to have shaken you guys, live with it!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Barka Juma'ah / Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.