Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! (1447 Views)

Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Stop The Violence Against Women In Nigeria! / CPC Statement On The Violence In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 30, 2013
The history of Usman Dan Fodio and his bloody Jihard that conquered Northern Nigeria is an open documented facts for those who care to know the truth.

My concern is that the violence has still continued till this moment in the North and is slow but steadily coming down south.

While discussing the way forward (my position is that we should go to our respective nations), we must not neglect the scourge of the violence of Islam.

While I wait for the e-fatwas, those with meaningful ideas on how to bring this menace to an end should please drop their comments.

Cheers to all.

1 Like

Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Uchexxy(m): 11:16am On Oct 30, 2013
my bro, i strongly agree with u wer u said everybody should go to their respective nations. that is a very effective way of resolving d issue at hand. may God see us through
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by IGBOSON1: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2013
In the forthcoming conference, we need to discusss how all these killings in Nigeria must stop! If we can't agree on a solution then we should draw curtains on this experiment started right back in 1914......this time enough should mean enough!

We can't keep on with this wanton destruction of lives and property just because some people want Nigeria to continue for their own selfish benefit! And the funny thing is that with all these killings going on in this country (right from the pre-civil war pogroms to date) nobody......and i mean absolutley nobody is tried, convicted and sentenced to death for their evil! And you want to tell me we're in a country where truth and justice reigns supreme?

When i think of the rubbish going on in this country it makes my blood boil! These are the foundational issues we need to discuss, and not occupy our time with diversionary rubbish like partisan politics; endless probes; endless and stupi/d diversionary committees set up to chase shadows while the substance continues to fester; ojoro constitutional reform that they use to make you think they're addressing the countrys age-old intractable problems and unfair set-up that favours a part/parts of the country over others!

Until we get our heads out of the sand and face our demons squarely, there'll continue to be agitations for seccession and self-rule, and the wanton killings will continue for another 100 years!

3 Likes

Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:
In the forthcoming conference, we need to discusss how all these killings in Nigeria must stop! If we can't agree on a solution then we should draw curtains on this experiment started right back in 1914......this time enough should mean enough!

We can't keep on with this wanton destruction of lives and property just because some people want Nigeria to continue for their own selfish benefit! And the funny thing is that with all these killings going on in this country (right from the pre-civil war pogroms to date) nobody......and i mean absolutley nobody is tried, convicted and sentenced to death for their evil! And you want to tell me we're in a country where truth and justice reigns supreme?

When i think of the rubbish going on in this country it makes my blood boil! These are the foundational issues we need to discuss, and not occupy our time with diversionary rubbish like partisan politics; endless probes; endless and stupi/d diversionary committees set up to chase shadows while the substance continues to fester; ojoro constitutional reform that they use to make you think they're addressing the countrys age-old intractable problems and unfair set-up that favours a part/parts of the country over others!

Until we get our heads out of the sand and face our demons squarely, there'll continue to be agitations for seccession and self-rule, and the wanton killings will continue for another 100 years!

And very curiously, the proponents of one Nigeria will not make any comments here!
It is terrible.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by slimfit1(m): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Correct.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by rusep: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
I will like to see a day that all those Ibos will converge in the east as a country and see the miracle that will happen.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Where are the die hard "One" Nigerians?

If they run away from this thread, then they have fired up my zeal and love for Biafra.
What are they scared off?

1 Like

Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
noblezone: The history of Usman Dan Fodio and his bloody Jihard that conquered Northern Nigeria is an open documented facts for those who care to know the truth.

My concern is that the violence has still continued till this moment in the North and is slow but steadily coming down south.

While discussing the way forward (my position is that we should go to our respective nations), we must not neglect the scourge of the violence of Islam.

While I wait for the e-fatwas, those with meaningful ideas on how to bring this menace to an end should please drop their comments.

Cheers to all.

As we speak, your Ibo brothers are in Dubai, Qatar, Jordan, Malaysia, Indonesia, many part of Islamic nations and Northern Nigeria making good money and earning good living. Those are places you need to travel to and plead to your brothers to come back to alaibo. Some of your brothers have been in those places for decades. You will be flogged if you ever tell them to come back to Iboland because they know there is nothing going on there. Your governors have mortgaged your future.

So don't come here on nairaland with your Biafra crap.

6 Likes

Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless: As we speak, your Ibo brothers are in Dubai, Qatar, Jordan, Malaysia, Indonesia, many part of Islamic nations and Northern Nigeria making good money and earning good living. Those are places you need to travel to and plead to your brothers to come back to alaibo. Some of your brothers have been in those places for decades. You will be flogged if you ever tell them to come back to Iboland because they know there is nothing going on there. Your governors have mortgaged your future.

U wud know if Northern Nigeria is a place to be when, resource control and true federalism becomes the order of the day, at least u ppl can now keep all d land and seize d rest that ur Sarduana said shud be revoked from Igbo ppl.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by IGBOSON1: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless: As we speak, your Ibo brothers are in Dubai, Qatar, Jordan, Malaysia, Indonesia, many part of Islamic nations and Northern Nigeria making good money and earning good living. Those are places you need to travel to and plead to your brothers to come back to alaibo. Some of your brothers have been in those places for decades. You will be flogged if you ever tell them to come back to Iboland because they know there is nothing going on there. Your governors have mortgaged your future.

^^^So what are your solutions to our known problems? You've derided another mans solutions, so can we now hear your own panacea?
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2013

You deliberately ignored the issue I raised!
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^So what are your solutions to our known problems? You've derided another mans solutions, so can we now hear your own panacea?

Nigerians are not ready to divide unless someone starts a war. It is just not going to happen. Many Igbos are married to Yorubas and Hausas. There are many Igbo businesses in the North and SW and I don't expect any of the business owners to pack-up and move to the East in a blink of an eye. I lived in Abuja for many years and I saw many Igbos married people from other ethnic groups. What happens to their marriages if all of a sudden we divide Nigeria. Ask any wealthy Igbo man if he wants Nigeria to devide. The answer has always been NO.

The likes of Ekweremadus, Kalus, Nnamani, Peter Obi, Nwobodo, Nzeribe and co are the one who can make it happen if it were to happen. But the fact is, those people I listed are enjoying Nigeria and won't let Nigeria divide. As long as those people I listed are enjoy their lives with good positions and wealth, there won't be a Biafra Nation. Peter Obi just opened a multi-billion naira mall in the North and we are here clamouring for Nigeria to divide. Stop deceiving yourselves. Nigeria is not going to divide with those people at the helms of government.

3 Likes

Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

Nigerians are not ready to divide unless someone starts a war. It is just not going to happen. Many Igbos are married to Yorubas and Hausas. There are many Igbo businesses in the North and SW and I don't expect any of the business owners to pack-up and move to the East in a blink of an eye. I lived in Abuja for many years and I saw many Igbos married people from other ethnic groups. What happens to their marriages if all of a sudden we divide Nigeria. Ask any wealthy Igbo man if he wants Nigeria to devide. The answer has always been NO.

The likes of Ekweremadus, Kalus, Nnamani, Peter Obi, Nwobodo, Nzeribe and co are the one who can make it happen if it were to happen. But the fact is, those people I listed are enjoying Nigeria and won't let Nigeria divide. As long as those people I listed are enjoy their lives with good positions and wealth, there won't be a Biafra Nation. Peter Obi just opened a multi-billion naira mall in the North and we are here clamouring for Nigeria to divide. Stop deceiving yourselves. Nigeria is not going to divide with those people at the helms of government.

You have not still addressed the issues I raised.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

In a nutshell, pre-1967 Nigeria had inter-ethnic marriages and there were many wealthy Nigerians too.

If war breaks out everyone will go with the flow regardless of wealth and marriage.

You still haven't addressed the topic - IGBOSON made solid points which you've not agreed to, now give us yours.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

The only way out is war but the movers and shakers don't want war. Ask someone like Cosmos Maduka, Ifeanyi Uba, and Peter Obi who have businesses in SW and the North if they want Nigeria divided. Their anwers will most likely be nagative. I want Nigeria divided too but I am a realist and I don't see it happening.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by ikweremilitant: 5:33pm On Oct 30, 2013

are u afraid of a somalia lyk enviroment when nija divids.sory o start getng use t6 it u hear.i wil advice u to look 4 a plate nd walkng stick wit ur fulani ruber shoes 4 begng na advice o
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by stebell(m): 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

The only way out is war but the movers and shakers don't want war. Ask someone like Cosmos Maduka, Ifeanyi Uba, and Peter Obi who have businesses in SW and the North if they want Nigeria divided. Their anwers will most likely be nagative. I want Nigeria divided too but I am a realist and I don't see it happening.

Coward, yu talk of war wen in de real sense yu peeps frm de SW are scared.

Yu don't want division so dat yu will not be slaves to ur fulani masters.

If there's any region dat don't want any thing to do wit yu in SW is de Niger Delta peeps.
We kno yu peeps very well. Yu chant war, beat war drums but run and hide wen it gets down. Cowards.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
stebell:

If there's any region dat don't want any thing to do wit yu in SW is de Niger Delta peeps.
We kno yu peeps very well. Yu chant war, beat war drums but run and hide wen it gets down. Cowards.

Mad man, take your medicines. You need those medicines asap.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ Payless!

You have not done any justice to this thread!

What is the solution to the menace of the violent Islam in the north?
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
stebell:

Who's this rabid dog?
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
noblezone: @ Payless!

You have not done any justice to this thread!

What is the solution to the menace of the violent Islam in the north?

I have answered your question. War is the answer to your question. Declare it tomorrow and give your people the weapon to fight.

The truth is, most of the movers and shakers in Nigeria won't allow the war to happen. Status-quo continues.................
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by lertee(f): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
Lemme address this and I hope in this cause we won't get violent or do name callings.
noblezone: The history of Usman Dan Fodio and his bloody Jihard that conquered Northern Nigeria is an open documented facts for those who care to know the truth.

Cheers to all.

So in esssence,are you saying muslims should be separated from christians?
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by stebell(m): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

Mad man, take your medicines. You need those medicines asap.

Call me anytin de truth must be told to yu and ur folks alike.

Oily brains.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by lertee(f): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
I need an anwser to the above,so we can talk on how Nigeria's separation will be related to Islam as raised by the OP.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by IGBOSON1: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
lertee: Lemme address this and I hope in this cause we won't get violent or do name callings.

^^^I think you're asking the wrong person! You need to ask middlebelt christians and christians in other states in the core north if they would like to share a country with the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri muslims in the event of a split, or if they'd prefer to stay on their own or with any southern group/s.

And b/4 you talk of muslims and christians in the south west; i don't forsee any problem at that end, b'cos the muslims there are tolerant and can live peacefully with their christian counterparts!

So in essence, i'm saying that i don't forsee any peace in this country unless the core northern muslims either change their superior/jihardist outlook in relation to their fellow christian countrymen, or they can live seperated from christians in their own country for peace to reign!
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by iphy42: 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
What about the menace of kidnapping in the south? People are afraid to travel home for fear of being kidnapped. Where do you think the big wigs from the east especially will run to if Nigeria divides.
Violence is not only in the north but also in the south. We need a strong president with a sincere heart to take the bull by the horn and tackle insecurity all over Nigeria
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by nduchucks: 12:08am On Oct 31, 2013
I detest the laziness of the OP and fellows like him. Inasmuch as the door is open for him and others to present their solutions and/or questions to the committee on constitution review or Okurounmu's committee, the lazy people will not be found with any tangible submission to these committees.

The lazy ones come to the internet to chest beat and make empty noises. Nonesense!

1 Like

Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2013
lertee: Lemme address this and I hope in this cause we won't get violent or do name callings.

It is not what I am saying.

I am saying that the National Dialogue should include the menace of the Jihardists in the North.

It is not enough to say "ONE" Nigeria, yet non Moslems are slaughtered at every slightest excuse.
I have not forgotten how a school teacher was killed by minors because she seized a copy of the Koran used by one of the students to cheat in an examination.

If the Islamic violence has no solution, then Biafra has come to stay.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2013
iphy42: What about the menace of kidnapping in the south? People are afraid to travel home for fear of being kidnapped. Where do you think the big wigs from the east especially will run to if Nigeria divides.
Violence is not only in the north but also in the south. We need a strong president with a sincere heart to take the bull by the horn and tackle insecurity all over Nigeria

The menace of kidnapping, armed robbery and all sorts of crimes against humanity are well noted.
Having state police will go a long way to fight these crimes.

Yet, please note that these are outright crimes and not like what we have in the Jihardism crusades where innocent lives are snuffed out to make Allah happy.

In 2007, pupils in a secondary school (Gombe State) beat their teacher to death after accusing her defiling the "holy book" called Koran. Yet, the issue was that she seized the copy of the Koran from a cheating student during an examination!

What were those minors hearing?
Who taught them?
If those pupils could do that to please Allah, how much more would they do when they grow up?

Please, tell me what the President got to do with such a killing!
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by juman(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2013
Very probably the national conference would fail like other conference before.

Nothing tangible would come out of it.
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: I detest the laziness of the OP and fellows like him. Inasmuch as the door is open for him and others to present their solutions and/or questions to the committee on constitution review or Okurounmu's committee, the lazy people will not be found with any tangible submission to these committees.

The lazy ones come to the internet to chest beat and make empty noises. Nonesense!

It really beats how some of you come to public forums like this without making any contributions other than call people names and abuse them as if that is all you have in your brains.

I have not come here to bit my chest. I am concerned at the menace of Islam and the harm it is doing to our nation!
Boko Haram is too big and too far: maybe you folks have forgotten, but we have not.

My kinsman Akaluka was beheaded in Kano with the allegation that a woman in the same yard with him used a torn Koran to clean up her baby. I was a crime punishable by death by Jihardists.

In 2007, at Gombe state, it was the turn of "baby" Jihardists (secondary school pupils) to beat to death a teacher because she seized the copy of the Koran used by one of them to cheat in an examination.

Shall I talk about how my people were killed because a cartoonist in Denmark cartooned Mohammed?

We are concerned about this menace of Islam in Northern Nigeria. We need meaningful contributions on how to curb the menace.

People like you must not comment since you don't have anything to offer.

As for my being lazy, why not show me an example of how industrious you are by at least making a reasonable input.

I wish you well!
Re: National Conference And The Violence Of Islam In Northern Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2013
juman: Very probably the national conference would fail like other conference before.

Nothing tangible would come out of it.

Then Nothing tangible will come out of Nigeria!
Nigeria has failed!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra: 20th Poorest State Under Peter Obi- Ngige / Peter Obi Responsible For Electoral Fraud In Anambra State-arthur Eze / Apc's Tribute To Murtala Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.