Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam (3298 Views)

Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date / My Grouse With President Jonathan- By Adams Oshiomole / Ikimi In Secret Meeting With Oshiomhole, Pushing For A Come Back To Apc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

DOES THAT MAKES IT RIGHT?

NYIAM IS BEHAVING LIKE A BABY.
A COMMITTEE HAS A GOAL, IT IS HIS MANDATE THAT SHOULD MATTER.
LISTEN TO OSHIOMHOLE. WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SHOUT, YOU CALM THEM DOWN.
WHEN HE IS DONE, YOUVALLOW OTHETS TO TALK.
YOU COMPILE WHAT THE VIEWS ARE AND MAKE YOUR CONCLUSION.

THIS IS GROSS IMMATURITY AND INCOMPETENCE FROM JONATHAN'S REPRESENTATIVE.

IT CAN NOT BE EXPLAINED OUT.
A BIG BLOW TO THE WHOLE SHAM.

Hasn't oshiomole expressed his points many times??
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

You are now trying to paint Nyiam as the only bad person here!
When Oshiomole noticed that People were shouting him down, why didn't he just stop making the derogatory speech?

IT IS THE PICTURE YOU WERE PAINTING THAT WAS WRONG.
IF YOU ACCEPT THAT NYIAM GOOFED BIG TIME BY MIS-REPRESENTING JONATHAN,
WE CAN NOW EXAMINE THE TEXT OF OSHIOMOLES SPEECH. OK?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by russellino: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Oshiomole had no business at the committee's session since he and his party don't want any part of the conference! Abi?

The committee paid him a courtesy call and he reportedly kept them waiting for a while before lecturing them for almost an hour. Trailed them to the venue and started lecturing on the futility of the conference again. Who told these politicians that the conference is a political party affair
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

BECAUSE YOU MADE COMMENT ON NAIRALAND LAST WEEK, WASN'T THAT ENOUGH?

MUST YOU MAKE ANOTHER ONE TODAY?

PLS LET US BE REALISTIC.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

You are now trying to paint Nyiam as the only bad person here!
When Oshiomole noticed that People were shouting him down, why didn't he just stop making the derogatory speech?
That is unnecessary sentiment.
There is an adult way to reason and behave and there is a childish way. Nyiam did not behave like an adult or a representative of the President.

In life there must be rules and regulations. I was not there and I have relied solely on Nyiam's account assuming he is telling the Truth. His own words condemn him

Oshiomole is the Governor of the State and the number one citizen as such the rules of Public protocol give him precedence. If he misuses that are you suggesting he should be stoned.? He is entitled to say what he likes and anyone or everyone could have walked out. If Nyiam is so right why did the committee members disown him and apologize?

Nyiam was there to represent the President and that is all that concerns me. He MISrepresented the president. Can you imagine the Ambassador of Nigeria misbehaving that way if they visit a foreign country and are subject to an unpleasant speech.

1 Like

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

IT IS THE PICTURE YOU WERE PAINTING THAT WAS WRONG.
IF YOU ACCEPT THAT NYIAM GOOFED BIG TIME BY MIS-REPRESENTING JONATHAN,
WE CAN NOW EXAMINE THE TEXT OF OSHIOMOLES SPEECH. OK?

Yes I know that Nyiam goofed big time but as I said earlier, A person that does not respect himself, does not deserve respect!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

BECAUSE YOU MADE COMMENT ON NAIRALAND LAST WEEK, WASN'T THAT ENOUGH?

MUST YOU MAKE ANOTHER ONE TODAY?

PLS LET US BE REALISTIC.

grin grin
But he shouldn't have gone to the hall to discourage the conference again!
He knows that everybody in the hall are in support of the conference! Its just like going to preach in boko haram camp!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda: That is unnecessary sentiment.
There is an adult way to reason and behave and there is a childish way. Nyiam did not behave like an adult or a representative of the President.

In life there must be rules and regulations. I was not there and I have relied solely on Nyiam's account assuming he is telling the Truth. His own words condemn him

Oshiomole is the Governor of the State and the number one citizen as such the rules of Public protocol give him precedence. If he misuses that are you suggesting he should be stoned.? He is entitled to say what he likes and anyone or everyone could have walked out. If Nyiam is so right why did the committee members disown him and apologize?

Nyiam was there to represent the President and that is all that concerns me. He MISrepresented the president. Can you imagine the Ambassador of Nigeria misbehaving that way if they visit a foreign country and are subject to an unpleasant speech.

So did Oshiomole behave like a responsible man?? He knows that everybody in the hall were in support of conference! Maybe he thinks that because he has security around him, he can say whatever he likes to say!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

So did Oshiomole behave like a responsible man?? He knows that everybody in the hall were in support of conference! Maybe he thinks that because he has security around him, he can say whatever he likes to say!
I don't know how Oshiomole behaved I wasn't there.I know how Nyiam behaved because Nyiam said so in his own words. But there is a problem with your reasoning so far which you persist with . A behaved badly and so B reacted therefore B's reaction was justified. Not only is it illogical it is immature. We all saw on TV Luis Suarez bite a fellow footballer. I am sure he had a sense of grievance but did that justify his reaction. A player may foul me and all I get is a foul without even a yellow card . Do I say because it was painful I can punch him in the face.
We must learn the RULES OF PROTOCOL AND ORDER
As far as I am concerned, from what Nyiam has said,I do not see any offence Oshiomole committed.

Does Oshiomole not HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT HE LIKES?? as you seem to be saying
Nyiam should have kept quiet and let him finish that is how civilized people behave. Otherwise he could have walked out. As a military man he should have known better. When a high value citizen is around with security detail is it right to create tension whose outcome may be unpredictable

A good messenger is one whose name we don't remember. When we forget the message and all we remember is the messenger he has done a bad job.
If a muslim goes to a church wedding and they insult Islam should he start fighting or walk away?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda:
I don't know how Oshiomole behaved I wasn't there.I know how Nyiam behaved because Nyiam said so in his own words. But there is a problem with your reasoning so far which you persist with . A behaved badly and so B reacted therefore B's reaction was justified. Not only is it illogical it is immature. We all saw on TV Luis Suarez bite a fellow footballer. I am sure he had a sense of grievance but did that justify his reaction. A player may foul me and all I get is a foul without even a yellow card . Do I say because it was painful I can punch him in the face.
We must learn the RULES OF PROTOCOL AND ORDER
As far as I am concerned, from what Nyiam has said,I do not see any offence Oshiomole committed.

Does Oshiomole not HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT HE LIKES?? as you seem to be saying
Nyiam should have kept quiet and let him finish that is how civilized people behave. Otherwise he could have walked out. As a military man he should have known better. When a high value citizen is around with security detail is it right to create tension whose outcome may be unpredictable

A good messenger is one whose name we don't remember. When we forget the message and all we remember is the messenger he has done a bad job.
If a muslim goes to a church wedding and they insult Islam should he start fighting or walk away?

This argument is getting too long, and I'm tired of it!
Since you don't see anything wrong in what Adams did! Then fine!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by wirinet(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
Is this how the proposed conference will be? Is opinions contrary to popular opinions going to result in lynching? If a whole governors could be attacked just for airing his opinions, imagine what they will do to an ordinary citizen - ALUUism of course. And the format and details of the so called conference had not even been settled.

3 Likes

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

This argument is getting too long, and I'm tired of it!
Since you don't see anything wrong in what Adams did! Then fine!

NOT SURPRISED.
YOU AGENDA IS DEFEATED.

ADVICE: BETTER TO PRESENT YOUR OPINION IN AN UNBIASED WAY.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by egift(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

If Jonathan was there, would oshoimole say such things??
1. Yes, if President Jonathan was sitting as a member of a committee seeking the opinions of Nigerians, yes Gov. Oshiomole would have still air his opposition for a toothless conference. (Remember when Jonathan himself announced it, the governor made the same stand).

homesteady:
He was doing exactly his job until Oshoimole came to cause confusion there!
2. Please what was his job that is different from seating as a member of the conference committee and listen to Nigerians (including the governor) make their submission regarding the proposed conference? What job is that?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by egift(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

You see your life? Does a chat the Governor privately had with the committee deprive him the privilege of making his submission in the interest of the people he represent when it mattered?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by citizenY(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
This Nyiam goofed big time. Just when he us finally pulled into the "hallowed chamber'', rehabilitated in fact.
If other members are asking for his removal, garri don scatter.

I think he should just just go back into oblivion, where he came from. His reaction to developments in Edo state
show that he is coming to establish a predetermined outcome. and this is not what we all want. Allow people
to say their minds, from roof tops, tree tops and any top whatsoever, a zillion times till they are heard.

If Adams did not talk at that forum, many Nigerians will not hear what he told them in his office. Or is Nyiam
telling us that the views collated are for his own consumption only?

This is just at the preliminaries O. Just to make recommendations,

The president needs another enforcer/adviser/assistant on national conference.Nyiam should lobby for it and get
out of that committee.

1 Like

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
If a sitting governor could be shut down I wonder what would happen when the conference starts proper.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by theshadyexpress(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

NOT SURPRISED.
YOU AGENDA IS DEFEATED.

ADVICE: BETTER TO PRESENT YOUR OPINION IN AN UNBIASED WAY.

if a person does not believe in something then he should not associate with it .oshiomole said he did not believe in national conference,why on earth did he have to partake in the discussions.
simply put he just wanted to cause confusion and jeopardize the whole process so that he and his APC cabal can celebrate the death of the whole idea
oshoomole is a disgrace and an hypocrite

1 Like

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress:
if a person does not believe in something then he should not associate with it .oshiomole said he did not believe in national conference,why on earth did he have to partake in the discussions.
simply put he just wanted to cause confusion and jeopardize the whole process so that he and his APC cabal can celebrate the death of the whole idea
People here have different opinions but they still associate with the thread,Why doesn't one side keep quiet and let the other talk. That is the problem with your logic. People are meeting to discuss your burial and you say you should keep off. There is a reason they call it public hearing; so that everyone can have their say Oshiomole is not a private citizen he is a governor so he is believed to know the mind of a large segment of Edo people. He is their representative in Chief.

Te most important fact is the committee apologized to him and effectively disowned Nyiam so who are we kidding
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Goddex: 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
What has come over this Oshiomole sef? The guy just changed.
Or is APC promising him VP slot?
Why turned himself to a 'confusionist' lately?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by egift(m): 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress:

With due respect my friend, how did you vomit that comment. Your reasoning is the exact reasons many of us believe this conference is a distraction.

If a governor can not say his mind at this sage, I laugh at those who want to say the country should be divided, regional, parliamentary, etc.

According to Nyiam's action - "watch out or we will charge you with treason if you dare say anything bad".

I laugh at those killing themselves for nothing.

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by tomakint: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
sagombugo: Tony Nyiam the Coup plotter acted like an Agbero at the zonal sitting.

Whatever the case may be,voice of dissent and opposition must be heard,Nyiam is not expected to know this since by his training and orientation he is a bully and an usurper
You are a FOOLISH FOOL, even when the FACTS are painted in white right in front of your ugly face, you still can't see it! undecided
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by duality(m): 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
FORGET ALL THESE GRAMMAR. IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT OSHIOMOLE'S POSITIONING AT THAT MEETING WAS A POLITICAL ATTEMPT TO SCUTTLE THE PROCESS OF A NATIONAL DIALOGUE. THIS IS THE FACT LET'S STOP TWISTING IT. RECALL THAT HE DID THIS TO THE MINISTER OF INFORMATION DURING THE GOOD GOVERNANCE TOUR WHICH WAS AN APOLITICAL INITIATIVE. HE WAS ONLY TYING TO DO THE SAME THING.

THIS IS THE WHOLE TRUTH.

BEFORE THE MEETING OSHIOMOLE'S POSITION WAS KNOWN TO ALL. COMING TO FORCE IT DOWN THE THROAT OF PARTICIPANTS WAS WRONG.

tHIS IS MY OPINION.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
tomakint:
You are a FOOLISH FOOL, even when the FACTS are painted in white right in front of your ugly face, you still can't see it! undecided

I wonder why someone like tomakint with down syndrome should be calling someone ugly.

1 Like

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by theshadyexpress(m): 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
egift:

With due respect my friend, how did you vomit that comment. Your reasoning is the exact reasons many of us believe this conference is a distraction.

If a governor can not say his mind at this sage, I laugh at those who want to say the country should be divided, regional, parliamentary, etc.

According to Nyiam's action - "watch out or we will charge you with treason if you dare say anything bad".

I laugh at those killing themselves for nothing.

a pastor can visit an imam but cannot preach in a mosque.
decode that statement and free yourself from intellectual bondage.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by theshadyexpress(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

I wonder why someone like tomakint with down syndrome should be calling someone ugly.
I wonder why a brain dead like you should be commenting
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress:
I wonder why a brain dead like you should be commenting

Who let you out of psychiatric room? They need to put you back on your chain immediately before you bite like a dog.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by theshadyexpress(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

Who let you out of psychiatric room? They need to put you back on your chain immediately before you bite like a dog.
foolishness is speaking through you
sir mumu
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress:
foolishness is speaking through you
sir mumu

Dundee United you are! You need to be chained to your bed before you bite like a dog.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by theshadyexpress(m): 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

Dundee United you are! You need to be chained to your bed before you bite like a dog.
father of all fools abeg don't contaminate this thread with ur disease
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress:
father of all fools abeg don't contaminate this thread with ur disease

Get back on your medicines. You have grade 5 madness.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by theshadyexpress(m): 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

Get back on your medicines. You have grade 5 madness.
your madness is in an irredeemable state.
permanent and irreversible
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
theshadyexpress:
your madness is in an irredeemable state.
permanent and irreversible

You need a chain in your neck and legs. Your grade 5 madness comes from the family. It tells with the way you go all over threads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Pictures That May Prompt Jonathan To Postpone The Elections Till Next Year / Meet A Man Who Spends Time Cheating Death Every Day. Rule No.1 - Don’t Shout! / Yoruba Farmers Accuse Traditional Rulers Of Receiving Bribe From Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.