Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam (3291 Views)

Presidency Lists Grouse With February Polls Date / My Grouse With President Jonathan- By Adams Oshiomole / Ikimi In Secret Meeting With Oshiomhole, Pushing For A Come Back To Apc (2) (3) (4)

CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Kachi188(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
A member of the Presidential Advisory
Committee on National Conference
Col.Tony Nyiam (rtd), who engaged in a
shouting match with Edo State Governor,
Comrade Adams Oshiomhole at Monday’s
sitting of the committee in Benin, which
led to his resignation from the committee,
gave reasons for his action yesterday.
His explanation notwithstanding, Edo Reps caucus in the House
of Representatives were joined by traditional rulers and
youths from the state to declare Col Nyiam persona non grata
in Edo State. The All Progressives Congress, APC, on its part
said the disruption of Oshiomhole’s presentation before the
committee has vindicated the party’s decision not to be part
of the proposed conference.
At the committee’s sitting last Monday, Col Nyiam was said to
have joined some people who heckled Governor Oshiomhole
while he was making his presentation which eventually
prevented the governor from continuing with his speech.
In his defence yesterday, Nyiam alleged that Governor Adams
Oshiomhole made “sarcastic remarks” against the proposed
National Dialogue, asserting that governors who are in the
habit of kicking against the laudable efforts of President
Goodluck Jonathan should wait for the response of Nigerians.
Nyiam who was asked if he has resigned, said: ‘’The situation is
that I have not told anybody in the public that I have
resigned”.
Reacting to his altercation with Governor Oshiomhole, he
explained that the governor was “talking down on people and
he is not supposed to do that because our job is to meet with
the people and not the governor since we have paid him a
courtesy visit earlier”.
His words: “Governors who have a penchant for insulting the
President or making sarcastic remarks against the sense of
judgment of the President of Nigeria should be ready to
tolerate response from Nigerian citizens to tell them no. The
committee’s role is advisory, we need to consult with the
people to advise us and we will then synthesize the peoples’
opinion and use that to advise the President because we
believe that we need to work towards a peoples-driven
constitution which we never had in our history.
“We thought we should start a bottoms-up approach from the
grassroots to the top. The attitude was that there should be
no talking down on the people we are supposed to engage.
Based on this principle, the key feature of our consultation
was to meet with the people but out of courtesy we pay
courtesy calls on the governors or the royal father in the city.
We have followed this procedure starting from Akure where
Governor Mimiko gave us audience in his office.
“Governor Mimiko came to the venue and kept quiet
throughout. We left Akure and went to Jos, we went through
the same procedure where the Middle Belt people, the Hausa/
Fulani, Yoruba community and all the major tribes of Plateau,
all aired their views including Tivs, Idomas, Igala and others.
In all these meetings all of them wanted a conference which is
ethnic nationalities-led.
What Oshiomhole told us — Nyiam
“We left Jos and went to Minna, we went through the same
experience with Governor Babangida Aliyu and most people
there too spoke in terms of ethno nationalities
representations. We went to Calabar, we went through the
same experience. So we came to Benin, where Governor
Oshiomhole shifted the timing and that changed the time we
were supposed to meet the Oba of Benin. We saw the governor
for at least 40 minutes and he started giving us tutorials as if
we are children; he told us that he was a product of Kaduna,
that he had his children in Kaduna.
“He went on to now attack the idea of ethno-nation. He argued
that we are going to celebrate 100 years next year so what
are we going to talk about? I countered that. He argued that
we don’t need a conference, but with all the troubles we had,
for a leader to say we don’t need a conference is very sad. It
is an insult on the intelligence of Nigerians. In Kenya recently
after the elections, there were lots of killings that led to a
constitutional conference which turned Kenya from a unitary
system to a true federalism.
“With that background, he now came to the venue after the
Benin Development Forum spoke. He came late and after
listening, he asked for an intervention, he took the micro
phone and then decided to repeat the lecture, treating people
like students and castigating the Federal Government. More
offensive for me was that he was talking down on the elders
there, that the idea of them coming together there was a
waste of time.
“These two things, one talking down on people is contrary to
the philosophy of our people. We had former governors there,
elders, traditional rulers. Secondly when we are in an
interactive session with the people, it is not for a governor to
come and take over the stage, grandstanding. This is a
governor that spoke over 40 minutes when we were with him.
This idea of governors trying to run down the President, a
governor abusing the office of the President to make
insinuations against the office of the president, to criticise
people’s ability for self expression, is unacceptable.
“So when people started booing the governor, I went to the
chairman to remind him about the rules of our committee. The
chairman said we should give him a chance to continue. He
carried on with his derogatory remarks and it was at that
point I then said no, not again. When I said that, by this time,
his aides tried to come at me, but when I suspected that one
was at my back I stood up, then sat down.
“Not long, after a group of people came towards the table, it
was then that the DSS people advised that my life was not
safe and I was taken away for safety. The Director of the
Department of State Service, DSS, mounted security around
us; the Commissioner of Police came to see me and they
brought security. The Police drove us all out of Edo State
because of fears of attack. So contrary to what they said
that I mobilized thugs, it is not true, it was Edo people that
protected me,” he narrated.

More at http://www.osundefender.org/?p=129449
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
So who's at fault now? Is oshiomole not at fault? undecided

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by gboso1ne(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
And somebody thinks this confab will work when u wont allow a person to state his own views and then you incite thugs against him.height of impunity.

I wonder why all dis old soldiers that contributed 2 d fall of nigeria will be d one 2 handle this whem there are able bodied youths who will still live close to 50 more years instead of ppl who are on d verge of dying.

Well we are watching till FRESH AIR comes.
BTW any one in ondo state should pls tell me whether PHCN is on strike coz me i have not seen light 4 more than a month now

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
Tony Nyiam the Coup plotter acted like an Agbero at the zonal sitting.

Whatever the case may be,voice of dissent and opposition must be heard,Nyiam is not expected to know this since by his training and orientation he is a bully and an usurper
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by erinolu(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady: So who's at fault now? Is oshiomole not at fault? undecided

Copied from the Vanguard......

"..I stand with col.Nyiam (rtd) on this matter no matter what. Oshiomhole should have respected himself, atleast he had given his opinion during the 40 mins meeting with the commitee earlier in his office.."

"People who don't want this NC to go ahead should just STAY AWAY! The NC Committee are asking people to give them their views on how it should be organised, so why do those who don't want it at all be there? Oshiomole has no business attending that meeting. This NC is CRITICAL to Nigeria's well being and I have not heard anybody against it proposing any alternative. I use to respect Oshiomole but now I see he is nothing but a trouble maker. Col Nyiam should not have resigned. Oshiomole himself said he was against the NC because talk of Nigeria breaking up or changing its arrangement would put off foreign investors! His eyes are on oyinbo not his own people. Foreign investors who bring in $1 but take away $3 - how is that helping Nigeria?"

"...I guess Oshiomole cannot differentiate between statesmanship and personal issue with the President of Nigeria. He was meant to show respect and transmit his view to him personally.
If he were the president of the nation who was represented by the committees, will he adjudged that action as being good?.."

"...I met Col. Nyiam in Abuja about 3 months ago and we engaged ourselves in a robust exchange on the state of the nation. He is a passionate, patriotic and extremely intelligent individual. I commend him for standing up to one of APC's pretentiously omniscient characters. APC members irritate me with their holier-than-thou, know-it-all approach to issues. God bless Tony Nyiam for putting Oshiomhole in his place. Governor, my foot! Respect begets respect...."

"...Nyiam was right. The crowd has continued to shout down on the govt. before the col. said whatever he said. The governor in the first place did not want the conference hold in his state, that's why he came to the venue to repeat what he has already told the panel before..."

"..Is this the same events that Channels TV also aired? Col Nyam was absolutely correct. The majority of the audience roundly shouted Oshiomole down and insisted on his leaving. Col Nyam may have reacted more angrily than every other committee member and that is understandable. This man put his live on the line in an event that we are all struggling to manage its outcome. All the operational base of Boko Haram and their supporters were those they announced through Maj. Gideon Orkar to leave Nigeria alone. Col Nyam has sacrificed for
the ethnic minorities more than Oshomole, indeed they are incomparable, the later is only a beneficiary of struggle while the other is a product of
sacrifice. Enough said..."

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2013

NOT AT ALL.
NYIAM IS IMMATURE.
OSHIOMOLE STAND WHICH I BELIEVE IN IS HIS AND PEOPLE OF SAME OPINION.
THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL NIGERIANS BELIEVE IN HIS OPINION.
NYIAM IS FOOLISH BY HIS ACTION. ALL HE NEEDED TO DO IS CONVINCE EDO PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE SINCERE.

I ORIGINALLY WANTED TO GIVE IT A CHANCE, BUT WHEN JONA SAID THE RESULT WILL BE LOOKED INTO BY OUR DISHONORABLE LEGISLOOTERS, I RESTED MY CASE.

NYIAM CAN NOT IMPOSE ON ALL NIGERIANS HIS OWN OPINION ABOUT NC.

FOOLISH AND IMMATURE EX-COUPIST.
BUT HIS ACTION IS CONFIRMATORY TO SOME LEVELS OF INSINCERERITY CLOUDS HOVERING ON. THIS CONFERENCE.

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Kachi188(m): 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
I think Oshiomole came to that venue with the sole aim of causing confusion. If he had been granted audience before, why should he come to the venue again just to ridicule the persons attending. The meeting is to work out modalities for the National Conference, if you do not share the vision, register your displeasure by remaining in Government House!

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 2:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

NOT AT ALL.
NYIAM IS IMMATURE.
OSHIOMOLE STAND WHICH I BELIEVE IN IS HIS AND PEOPLE OF SAME OPINION.
THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL NIGERIANS BELIEVE IN HIS OPINION.
NYIAM IS FOOLISH BY HIS ACTION. ALL HE NEEDED TO DO IS CONVINCE EDO PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE SINCERE.

I ORIGINALLY WANTED TO GIVE IT A CHANCE, BUT WHEN JONA SAID THE RESULT WILL BE LOOKED INTO BY OUR DISHONORABLE LEGISLOOTERS, I RESTED MY CASE.

NYIAM CAN NOT IMPOSE ON ALL NIGERIANS HIS OWN OPINION ABOUT NC.

FOOLISH AND IMMATURE EX-COUPIST.
BUT HIS ACTION IS CONFIRMATORY TO SOME LEVELS OF INSINCERERITY CLOUDS HOVERING ON. THIS CONFERENCE.

It seems you did not follow the story from the beginning! If anybody is trying to impose his will on Nigerians, that person is oshiomole!
He made his point when they paid him a personal visit, so why did he go to the hall again??
If you watched the video well, you will notice that almost everybody in the hall was against oshiomole! Even the women that were there also booed oshiomole!
When everybody is against you, that means you should know that you have done something wrong!

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by mynaija123(m): 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
My attention was drawn to the lame and odious response of Col Tony Nyiam to his shameful action at the sitting of the Presidential Advisory Committee on National Dialogue in Benin City, on Monday October 28 where he fully exposed his hand as a biased member of a Committee which should be above political, ethnic and indeed other sentiments.

We wonder when Col Nyiam became the President’s spokesman as to want to drag the President’s name into his shameful act. We are however not surprised, going by his antecedents, the Benin incident was just another manifestation of Nyiam’s lack of respect for constituted authority and his love for disunity.

Even as an officer in such a disciplined profession as the Nigerian Army, Nyiam stood out like sore thumb and his naked ambition for power led to the death of many officers and men who owned up and faced the sentence for their treason, but where was Nyiam, he took to his heels rather than face the consequence for his action, like all cowards do.

Nyiam said Governor Adams Oshiomhole was “talking down on the people”. We wonder when airing one’s opinion or saying “I believe that the outcome of this conference will not be different from that of other conferences we have had in the past” means talking down on the people

Nyiam deserves our pity. He might still be hallucinating thinking he is an Army officer who must be obeyed. We recognize that no military officer worth his salt would openly disagree with a superior or a Governor at a forum such as the one in Benin City, but again, we recognize that the maxim “Officer and Gentleman” does not apply to Nyiam as he has once again displayed to the people in the open.

We find it interesting that Col Nyiam has exposed the undercurrent motive of the conference which has also confirmed Governor Oshiomhole’s initial fears about viability, necessity and desirability of same

Inasmuch as we believe that Nigeria is in dire straits, the Governor still insists that a talkshop with no agendais not necessary at this time.

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by touch4mony: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
u must not force ur opinion on others,if u think is wast of time then his a big fool who does not knw wat to do with his time for coming their even as he has been visited in his office and he made his stand known to them why then trying to turn the ppl mind who does not see it as wast of time.i guess if it was apc govt that is organising this confab they will say its the best things that has hapned to 9ja for the past 99yrs,apc nvr does anything wrong and they dont c anything gud in anybody who is not in apc

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

It seems you did not follow the story from the beginning! If anybody is trying to impose his will on Nigerians, that person is oshiomole!
He made his point when they paid him a personal visit, so why did he go to the hall again??
If you watched the video well, you will notice that almost everybody in the hall was against oshiomole! Even the women that were there also booed oshiomole!
When everybody is against you, that means you should know that you have done something wrong!

How does expressing one's view amount to Oshiohmole imposing his view on others? Everybody at the conference against his view does not mean the governor has no right to express himself. Everyone can be against you and your view may turn out to be right afterall. There are others too who who share the governor's view. Iyam was the one who should be held responsible for distrupting the conference. GEJ must distance himself from Iyam immediately.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by erinolu(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Copied from the Punch...

"...And the most annoying thing is that the committee went to Oshiomole's office for a private interaction before meeting the entire representatives of the people. And in that private meeting, the governor aired his disbelieve and opposition to the conference. Why did he ''gate crash'' into the people's venue and continued with his opposition to the conference, even when he had earlier done so in his office. He deserves what he got! They want Nigeria to remain the way it is...."

"...Oshiomole should be cautioned. He is not the only who knows to talk. They should have allowed those ethnic nationalities to deal with him. This conference is passionate to all ethnics and everyone will go to any length to defend it. I have always said that these APC people are no longer in touch with reality..."

"...It was good that PAC on National Dialogue apologised(to show maturity) but honestly,the Gov. deserves the insults he got from the crowd..."

"...Oshiomole is my gov but we( in Edo state) know the gov talks too much and most times deviating from the point.He always assume the posture of 'Mr know all' .This has caused problem for him several times.Everyone knows in Benin that his administration is a one man show.Yes,PAC MUST accommondate all views but as a GOV (or high ranking public officer) you must been careful with,not neccessarily what you say, but how it is to be said.His personal views can be taken(in some quaters) to mean the views of Edo people...."

"... Without holding any brief for Col. Nyiam, it is irresponsible for a sitting governor to say Dialogue is not a solution. The fact that Conference or Dialogue had taken place 10 times in the past does not mean that this one will come to nothing. If people do not dialogue what do you expect them to do in the face of tightening and hard pressing economic, political and security tensions ?? The Governor should be seen to be speaking the mind of majority of the people of Edo state in such Town hall meeting and not his personal views because it is about issues that directly affect the people and not an individual ...."

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
Let us assume that Nyiam was right and Oshiomole did "talk down" or lecture them . Was his responnse correct? As a former soldier he should have more discipline.If his commanding officer was a man whom he considered less intelligent would he react the same way? Would he react the same way if the President of Nigeria and by this I do not necessarily mean GEJ was "lecturing or talking down" at him. The reality is he lost discipline because he does not have much regard for Oshiomole but in his reaction failed to rrealise he disrespected the Office of Governor. His action while bad was worse because it happened in EDO STATE and so was disrespectful of the state.Would he have done that to a military Governor or to Murtala Nyako. If the Governor did any of those things that is the prerogative of office.To disrespect a governor in public that way only tells us NYiam has a BIG EGO and thinks Oshiomole is not important.He has done HIMSELF irreversible damage with this petulance

His words

“Governors who have a penchant for insulting the
tolerate response from Nigerian citizens to tell them no."

Are quite funny,a very bad excuse for even worse behaviour. Does he want to hide behing the President as an excuse for his loss of discipline.
Or is he competing for Reuben Abati's Job.
I have no sympathy with Oshiomole but Nyiam let himself down,I would have said he let the Nigerian Army down but he has already been dismissed. He is an emotional hothead lacking wisdom. Was he the only member of the committee? Why did he need to show himself?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
By the way why is he called Coloonel. I thought he was dismissed from the Army
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
payless:

How does expressing one's view amount to Oshiohmole imposing his view on others? Everybody at the conference against his view does not mean the governor has no right to express himself. Everyone can be against you and your view may turn out to be right afterall. There are others too who who share the governor's view. Iyam was the one who should be held responsible for distrupting the conference. GEJ must distance himself from Iyam immediately.

as somebody here said earlier, he just went there to cause confusion and he succeeded!
How many times does he want to share his own opinion??
Since when the National conference was announced, he has been the most vocal governor condemning the conference! Isn't that enough?? Why must he go to where people have already gathered to talk about the National conference to condemn it again??
The people that came for the meeting, are they small children?? Don't they know what is good and bad?? If they know the NC is bad, they would have shunned the event!

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by egift(m): 3:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
The coup plotter should have been a member in the first place. Also the governor have the right to air his opposition.

The job of the committee is to LISTEN not to dictate to Nigerians what to say and what not to say. If Jonathan doses not get this man off the committee, then it adds to the believe that is conference is a distraction and a waste.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by erinolu(m): 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
Copied from the Tribune....

"......Speaking with journalists yesterday, Edo State chairman of the PDP, Chief Dan Orbih, described the governor’s comments as “uncultured, uncivilized and pre-emptive, meant to discourage millions of citizens of the country from the good intention of Mr President.”

He said: “How do you pre-empt the outcome of an exercise that has not taken off by condemning it and by telling Nigerians that you don’t expect anything good to come out of it? It was an indictment on the president, the country and the populace, especially those who have been clamouring for this type of conference.”

“....He (Oshiomhole) should be mindful of what he says because he is no longer a private person. He is a public figure and he should see himself as such.

“He should stop acting in a manner as if he is playing ‘Area Boys’ politics or politics of ‘Oshobei’ as exemplified by the labour unions, where the man who makes the loudest noise, becomes the leader,” Orbih said....."

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda: Let us assume that Nyiam was right and Oshiomole did "talk down" or lecture them . Was his responnse correct?
Quite all right, his response was not good! But didn't oshiomole deserve what he got?
As a former soldier he should have more discipline.If his commanding officer was a man whom he considered less intelligent would he react the same way? Would he react the same way if the President of Nigeria and by this I do not necessarily mean GEJ was "lecturing or talking down" at him. The reality is he lost discipline because he does not have much regard for Oshiomole but in his reaction failed to rrealise he disrespected the Office of Governor. His action while bad was worse because it happened in EDO STATE and so was disrespectful of the state.Would he have done that to a military Governor or to Murtala Nyako. If the Governor did any of those things that is the prerogative of office.To disrespect a governor in public that way only tells us NYiam has a BIG EGO and thinks Oshiomole is not important.He has done HIMSELF irreversible damage with this petulance

His words

“Governors who have a penchant for insulting the
tolerate response from Nigerian citizens to tell them no."

Are quite funny,a very bad excuse for even worse behaviour. Does he want to hide behing the President as an excuse for his loss of discipline.
Or is he competing for Reuben Abati's Job.
I have no sympathy with Oshiomole but Nyiam let himself down,I would have said he let the Nigerian Army down but he has already been dismissed. He is an emotional hothead lacking wisdom. Was he the only member of the committee? Why did he need to show himself?

Quite all right, his response was not good! But when somebody refuses to respect himself, he deserves this type of reaction!

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
I once raised an alarm over Oshimole and his band of "free thinkers", and I was called names.

Oshimole hates National conference but want a conference on Youth unemployment.
He does not know that the unemployment is caused by the fraudulent structure of the nation.

Such people we have as leaders!

But am I surprised?

The "most intelligent" people around us are those in "opposition".
Oshimole road the "Opposition" horse to become a governor and never again will I be deceived by those who claim to be in the "opposition".
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

Quite all right, his response was not good! But when somebody refuses to respect himself, he deserves this type of reaction!
Let us agree to disagree on that.
Definition of "respect himself" may mean different things to different people. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I am not saying Oshiomole is wrong but let us assume here that he is. I don't think heckling him is right just as heckling the President would be wrong. It is the sort of thing students might do. Certainly NOT a representative of the President. Perhaps that fact is lost on many commentators here, Nyiam was sent there by the President.

If the President sends you somewhere and you get insulted you should behave EXACTLY how the President would behave if he was insulted face to face. I do not expect the President to shout in public NO MATTER WHAT
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

When everybody is against you, that means you should
know that you have done something wrong!

WHEN POLITICIANS CAMPAIGN FOR YOUR VOTE, DON'T YOU DECIDE WHO YOU VOTE FOR?
IF OSHIOMOLE'S OPINION IS NOT BOUGHT INTO, WOULD IT STOP THEM FROM SITTING WITH THOSE OTHERS WHO ARE INTERESTED.
THE ACTION FROM NYIAM AND OTHERS SHOWS INTOLERANCE. AND THAT IS A BIG DENT TO THE IDEA.
YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN THIS OUT.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by egift(m): 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

The man is in a member of a committee representing the President - can you substitute him with President Jonathan and see how you silly his actions and your comment looks?

Also as a member of the committee, his job is to listen and take notes and records of all the things Nigerians have to say regarding the proposed conference. The fact that he is not aware of his responsibilities, entails he should be dropped - else the man may as well be ridiculing the conference before it starts.

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
egift:

The man is in a committee representing the President - can you substitute him to President Jonathan and see you silly his actions and your comment looks?

Also as a member of the committee, his job is to listen and take notes and records of all the things Nigerians have to say regarding the proposed conference. The fact that he is not aware of his responsibilities, entails he should be dropped - else man may as well be ridiculing the conference before it starts.
MAY BE NYIAM HAD BEEN INSTRUCTED TO PRAISE EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS NATIONAL CONFERENCE THAT WILL BE DOCTORED BY LEGISLOOTERS. AND SHOUT DOWN ON ANYONE WHO IS AGAINST IT.

IN OTHER WORD, ONLY THOSE IN SUPPORT ARE NIGERIANS. THOSE AGAINST ARE NOT.

THINK ON THIS.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda:
Let us agree to disagree on that.
Definition of "respect himself" may mean different things to different people. Two wrongs do not make a right.

I am not saying Oshiomole is wrong but let us assume here that he is. I don't think heckling him is right just as heckling the President would be wrong. It is the sort of thing students might do. Certainly NOT a representative of the President. Perhaps that fact is lost on many commentators here, Nyiam was sent there by the President.

If the President sends you somewhere and you get insulted you should behave EXACTLY how the President would behave if he was insulted face to face. I do not expect the President to shout in public NO MATTER WHAT

It was not only Nyiam that shouted the governor down! Almost everybody in the hall joined in the shout-down!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by erinolu(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2013

Copied from Nyiam speech....

".....So when people started booing the governor, I went to the chairman to remind him about the rules of our committee. The chairman said we should give him a chance to continue. He carried on with his derogatory remarks and it was at that point I then said no, not again...."

Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by 0monnakoda: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

It was not only Nyiam that shouted the governor down! Almost everybody in the hall joined in the shout-down!
We are discussing Nyiam on this thread
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
egift:

The man is in a committee representing the President - can you substitute him to President Jonathan and see you silly his actions and your comment looks?

Also as a member of the committee, his job is to listen and take notes and records of all the things Nigerians have to say regarding the proposed conference. The fact that he is not aware of his responsibilities, entails he should be dropped - else man may as well be ridiculing the conference before it starts.

If Jonathan was there, would oshoimole say such things??
He was doing exactly his job until Oshoimole came to cause confusion there!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2013
erinolu:

Copied from Nyiam speech....

".....So when people started booing the governor, I went to the chairman to remind him about the rules of our committee. The chairman said we should give him a chance to continue. He carried on with his derogatory remarks and it was at that point I then said no, not again...."

Exactly! Many people were already shouting him down before Nyiam joined in them! Even if Nyiam didn't join them, the headline would still have remained the same - "Adams Oshiomole was booed"!
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by Olaolufred(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
homesteady:

DOES THAT MAKES IT RIGHT?

NYIAM IS BEHAVING LIKE A BABY.
A COMMITTEE HAS A GOAL, IT IS HIS MANDATE THAT SHOULD MATTER.
LISTEN TO OSHIOMHOLE. WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SHOUT, YOU CALM THEM DOWN.
WHEN HE IS DONE, YOUVALLOW OTHETS TO TALK.
YOU COMPILE WHAT THE VIEWS ARE AND MAKE YOUR CONCLUSION.

THIS IS GROSS IMMATURITY AND INCOMPETENCE FROM JONATHAN'S REPRESENTATIVE.

IT CAN NOT BE EXPLAINED OUT.
A BIG BLOW TO THE WHOLE SHAM.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by saintneo(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Not being partisan, I believe Oshomole tried to usurp the collective will of the people of Edo State just because he is the number 1 man in the state.

The government should be afraid of the people not the other way round. Oshomole as a governor should focus on affairs of the state as a governor and represent himself as an individual in constitutional matters.
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by homesteady(m): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
0monnakoda: We are discussing Nyiam on this thread

You are now trying to paint Nyiam as the only bad person here!
When Oshiomole noticed that People were shouting him down, why didn't he just stop making the derogatory speech?
Re: CONFAB FALLOUT: My Grouse With Oshiomhole, By Nyiam by asha80(m): 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
people should honest for once and admit that oshiomole messed up simple.....nyiam has his fault that he could not hold his temper....however for oshiomole to continue the derogatory remarks even when edo people present there were shouting him down means he does not respect the wishes of his people simple.

Shocking Revelation About Gej By Reuben Abati / APC Presidential Debate On December 6th At 4pm / Nnamdi Kanu: When Will DSS Arrest Junaid Muhammad, Nyako, BBC Hausa, Etc

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97