Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,341 members, 7,836,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? (1659 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / African Parents In Diaspora: How Do You Raise Your Children In African Way? / 9 Children Raised by Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
Will you like to raise your kids the same way your parent raised you?
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
Like my dad, yes, like my mom..... Hellll no!!!
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nnekacherry: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yes.. I will..
My upbringing is one of the factors that made me what I am today..
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Kanwulia: 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2013
No! I will NEVER hit them! NEVER!!! kiss
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yes but hitting them will be out of the question
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Vivly(f): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
No! Never!!
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Don't think so! My parents were quite strict and SOMETIMES conservative. I'm rather progressive and liberal, though I can be strict too.
My parents were ok, it's just that I'm different smiley
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by mysticgal(f): 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
like my dad,yes my mum a very big hellova Big NO!!!!!!!!!angry

2 Likes

Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by iamteaser: 11:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
Not at all o. If I dare raise my handsome son the same way I was raised, he too will become a father at 19.

1 Like

Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Kanwulia: 12:20am On Oct 31, 2013
The vote is unanimous!
Nigerians SUCK at parenting. . . !
GBAM! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 31, 2013
Naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............
Too strict, no 21st century child can survive dt kinda atmosphere. angry

1 Like

Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by GboyegaD(m): 2:09am On Oct 31, 2013
On some things, yes I will and for the others, NO I will not because the world has evolved beyond what it was growing up for me.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Tolexander: 6:15am On Oct 31, 2013
I pray my kids aren't as stubborn as i was!

I pray to be richer so that i can raise my kids in a better way than my parents.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Popowaa: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2013
Yep,my parents are a bit strict when we were younger but once we reach the age of 14 becos they believed you now knw right from wrong,we are not restricted and we are allowed to make my own decisions guided by our parents.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by buklan4realyah(f): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
:oHAAA shocked shocked! FOR DIS KIND CENTURY i promise d child go runaway........
probably dey wont b able to bear wot i went tru if i handled dem same way.

but i can never lailai
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by crackhaus: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
Tricky question this is, one that can ONLY be properly answered when one starts having kids...
Different character traits in children require different styles in upbringing and discipline.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bludeville: Like my dad, yes, like my mom..... Hellll no!!!

Why?
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
mysticgal: like my dad,yes my mum a very big hellova Big NO!!!!!!!!!angry

why?
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Why?
my dad raised me to have a strong sense of independence, always encouraged me to make my own choices, and always listened to me, and always asked for my(/our, his kids) opinion everytime he wanted to make a major decision, and even when he didn't want to ask for our opinion he always kept us informed. My mom on the other hand, is just... unique. I love her to pieces, but I'm definitely not adopting her parenting style. grin
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by komek(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
Wonderful and lovely father i had, i will like to train my Children like he did to us.

Mumsy, its a no no no no no no no no no ..... I will nver. I dont like harsh people abeg.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by sexymoma(f): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
Like My Mum.... Yes
Like My Dad.... Complete No wey no get part 2
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by ProfessorD(m): 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
No oh neva....my dad was too strict my mom too indulging, i would rather stike a healthy balance
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Love my mom because she has tried bringing us up single handedly and i really admire her efforts towards issues but i wouldn't want to raise my kids without teaching or having the courage to talk to them about sex education. Nigerian women shy away from having to teach their kids anything about sexual life. I feel it is very important to kids and will enable them not to get their hands burnt while growing up. I will create that cordial relationship with my kids to enable them confide in me and tell me everything concerning their life.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
arcbabe: Love my mom because she has tried bringing us up single handedly and i really admire her efforts towards issues but i wouldn't want to raise my kids without teaching or having the courage to talk to them about sex education. Nigerian women shy away from having to teach their kids anything about sexual life. I feel it is very important to kids and will enable them not to get their hands burnt while growing up. I will create that cordial relationship with my kids to enable them confide in me and tell me everything concerning their life.
I wonder why Nigerian mothers shy away from teaching their kids sex education... mine never told me anything...I learnt all from books....I'll teach my kids all they need to know...
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by mysticgal(f): 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
carefreewannabe:

why?

bludeville just described my buh my mum.......lipsrsealed,lovely strong woman,loves like craze but with the normal mother characteristics which is being under her rein

1 Like

Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bludeville:
my dad raised me to have a strong sense of independence, always encouraged me to make my own choices, and always listened to me, and always asked for my(/our, his kids) opinion everytime he wanted to make a major decision, and even when he didn't want to ask for our opinion he always kept us informed. My mom on the other hand, is just... unique. I love her to pieces, but I'm definitely not adopting her parenting style. grin

Your parents did a good job, you described your fathers qualities in detail but didn't say where your mom went wrong. Respectful girl! wink
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Your parents did a good job, you described your fathers qualities in detail but didn't say where your mom went wrong. Respectful girl! wink
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Connoisseur(m): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2013
Ha.... A BIG NO
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 01, 2013
No undecided
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by Jbluv55(m): 1:38am On Nov 01, 2013
Somewhat differently. smiley
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by vivianc(f): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yes! My parents were strict, even tho I hated it then, now everything is beginning to make perfect sense to me.
I'm gonna raise my kids same way, I just pray i'd be as strong as them.
Re: Will You Raise Your Kids Thesame Way Your Parent Raised You? by StateOfMind: 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
sexymoma: Like My Mum.... Yes
Like My Dad.... Complete No wey no get part 2

This! cool cool

my dad's style sucks A LOTangry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goat Delivers Human Like Baby In Ekiti State, Nigeria (photo) / 52 Year-old Man Leaves Family & 7 Kids To Start Life As 6 Year-old Girl:(photos) / I Need A Mature Woman To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.