Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Top Five Blogs In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Five Blogs In Nigeria (1315 Views)

New Bloggers To Watchout For In Nigeria..post Your Blogs In The Thread / The Top 4 Tech Blogs In Nigeria / List Of ALL Science And Technology Blogs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by micafela(m): 1:37am On Oct 31, 2013

Blogging has grown from just a mere page with authors and readers. It has become more of a culture here in Nigeria.
There are several blogs in Nigeria all with different niches and objectives such as social trending, tech news and update, the hacks and tweaks, lifestyle, fashion, health, political news and much more. But the fact still remains that out of the thousand blogs we have in Nigeria several blogs have come to stand out over the years, they have grown in to mini networks were thousands of people share ideas and opinions on issues that affect them. It’s up to some point that the users have become addicted to checking of blogs times without number one a daily basis for updates.

And also mobile phones are also helping matters, mobile gadgets can now access vast information from the web with little or no stress involved. Out of a handful of blogs available, there are a few who have come to stand out in the blogging trend. I refer to them as Best of the Best. Below are top five blogs in Nigeria which i have compiled to be my best over the years for the following reasons audience, authenticity, nature of the blogger, mobile friendly, consistency in update, responsive site and so on.

1. http://nairaland.com
Narialand is Nigeria’s number one leading blog. I have watched this blog grow from when i was teen up this moment. Narialand was first seen online on 08-mar-2005 and since then it has grown into a store house of information, a community of sharing ideas. One special thing that trips me about nairaland is that it has vast areas of discussion (topics), it touches almost every area of information you can think of ranging from education, sports, gigs and gadget, real life scenarios, lifestyle and so on. Hey nairaland is just that place to get that all information you need. With its large audience of 1 million page views per day there’s a sure guarantee that 10 out of 100 people have similar information needs which creates room for information sharing, all you need to do is ask for opinions and your given a handful of them.

2. http://lindaikeji..com
I feel my list would inappropriate if Linda’s blog was not included on my top five. Her blog is amazing as it house and accommodates millions of user that are every still plunging in mass numbers to her blog. This one of the blogs I look up to when it comes to interaction with readers. This blog is not lacking reader or responders. Every update is sure of having at least 50 comments on a roll. When it comes to consistency this blog is leading in that area, everyday readers have something to read. Also right from your mobile phone you can access the same information a P.C users can. http://lindaikeji..com touches almost everywhere from politics, social trends and events, sports, entertainment in general, fashion and lots more. This blog gets 318,748 page views per day and is also rated 3 out of 5 by alexia. If you have not been surfing this blog I feel you have being missing.

3. [url]http://[/url]
Naijaloaded is one of the fast growing blogs in Nigeria. It started operation two years back and since then the sky has been its limit. Azeez Mankind the CEO of naijaloaded is not taking things likely as he moving naijlaodeded with a force that is massive, when it comes to computer tips, mobile tricks and tweaks, media downloads, happening stories in Nigeria and much more naijaloaded is unbeatable. This blog is at the top of its game. At naijaloaded you always have something to read, something to share with friends and loved ones. The site is mobile friendly such that there’s little difference from the mobile to its PC version. You like music and their videos naijaloaded won’t let you down but only your memory card or hard disk would. HAHAHAHAHA downloading you would get tired of. Presently naijaloaded has 923,314 registered users at the time of writing this post and is heading to 1 million users. It has over 50,000 unique visitors and 304,392 page views per day. You want to be part of this community you can register here in less than two minutes. Cheers

4. http://naijapals.com
Putting naijapals on this list took a lot of consideration and thinking but finally it made it to my top five. Naijapals has been in the blogging trend for some time now and has grown into a community of thousands readers who share their opinions, ideas, discussion, life situation as it affects them. One thing that give naijapals an edge over blogs is that it gives its users an interactive background in the sense that registered user are given privileges to say little about them like their name, location, sex, occupation, users are even also allowed to upload pictures, change status and drop topics for other users give their own opinions and consideration about. Another factor that put naijapals on this list is the fact that you can read their updates without registering. If you follow social trends and stories, naijapals is where you want to surf now as they are always updated with social activities within and outside Nigeria.

5.http://notjustok.com
Finally this one had to make this list though in the midst of other outstanding blogs and forums. Notjustok is Naija's number one leading blog for music and social events. You love music? If you answer is yes then NOTJUSTOK is where you need to surf after reading this post. The keep you posted on latest music from your favourite artists. Songs get to be reviewed by users who download the music. Notjustok is a community for media entertainment. I call them NAIJA’S MUSIC HOME. Give them a try and see.
A lot has been said about the above blog based on my own consideration. You can drop your top five blog with your reason. Cheers
Source http://Kulblog.com
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by Seomartscom: 2:08am On Oct 31, 2013
yea This is great collection.

Thanks

Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by amaboy06(m): 3:04am On Oct 31, 2013
yes oh,I frequent naira land
,LIB, Naijaloaded.
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by Jeel: 3:54am On Oct 31, 2013
Naija is sure doing well on the African continent online
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by ayewosa(m): 6:37am On Oct 31, 2013
yeah no doubt these five websites are great I visit them always, except that when I need latest songs and videos I goto tooxclusive.com its nice as well. Though they are freshers in the game.
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by JMOI: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2013
Is Nairaland a blog? lipsrsealed
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by banjicom(m): 9:04am On Oct 31, 2013
JMOI: Is Nairaland a blog? lipsrsealed
Am sure the op don't know the different between a blog and a forum

Nairaland is a forum.....
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by micafela(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2013
banjicom:
Am sure the op don't know the different between a blog and a forum

Nairaland is a forum.....

Ok that has being noted. But don't you think a website with readers and admins can be classified as a blog?
Re: Top Five Blogs In Nigeria by banjicom(m): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
micafela:
Ok that has being noted. But don't you think a website with readers and admins can be classified as a blog?
it is true you are right to a point but there is still a major different in between them in terms of interaction, appearance and other things.....

(1) (Reply)

De Sunshine Catering Services.agbor/asaba,delta State. / Webmaste$ Help Needed On How To Use H1, H2' And H3 Tags / Blogger And Wordpress – Which Platform Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.