Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist (17184 Views)

The Dangers Of Chewing Gum / What Are The Benefits Of Chewing Bitter Kola / Any Cosmetic Dentist In Nigeria For Teeth whiten Smile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Lilimax(f): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
Na wao!
Tooth brush is still better.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by hardbody: 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2013
Honestly i tend to agree with the man oo. Especially if na PAKOO you dey munch. That pakoo is both medicinal and teeth cleansing. I have never used it before but the way i see it foam, colgate, macleans and close up all put together no get the floride in paako.

Lets look inwards and support our indigenous trees and 'doctors'.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by yemi2plus(m): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
The title of this thread should be, "Dentist Thinks Chew Stick Is Better Than Toothbrush"
The so called Nigerian dentist never said in the post that chew quick is better toothbrush, rather, he said, "I think chewstick are better than toothbrushes" you can find it on the last paragraph.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
if this statement was made by a white mugu, will any of you doubt it?

it is the same reason why we allowed the west to shut Dr. Agbalaka and the likes.

when they told us about aloe vera, Nigerians almost added aloe vera to akamu, today its moringa.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Fiawest(m): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
My Uncle's teeth is horrible,he is a chewing stick user,with what I see,i beg to disagree,toothbrush is still better.

1 Like

Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
grin
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by dalynch(f): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
My dad seriously belive in dis chewing stick of a thing nd has neva complained of toothache.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by salafiyy: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
confirm ni o!
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by MAYOWAAK: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Babalegba: Strange observation from a Nigerian dentist. Will the chewing stick dislodge particles of food stuck between the teeth. Wisdom and nigerians are not bedfellows.

Neither chewing stick nor toothbrush can remove particles of food stuck between the teeth.Flossing is the best method for that.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by MrAboki: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please for Marketing and distribution business opportunity for MADE IN NIGERIA Chewing stick and Kola. PM me.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by yemi2plus(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
andymofia:

what are you trying to clean in your tongue that you have to spend 30 minutes? do you have mouth odour?
I use more than 30 minutes. I wash my mouth more than twice every morning.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by ikeyman00(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
@@@

thats true but considering the country is full of fake people it sound foolish to them

average brush never clean 100%; doesnt get rid of all the potential plague

thats the reason eletric brush came out which is quite expensive

u see 60watt;50watt etc in the shop

my people lets try to be real

no more fake accent plz

1 Like

Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fiawest: My Uncle's teeth is horrible,he is a chewing stick user,with what I see,i beg to disagree,toothbrush is still better.
your uncle does not only need toothbrush,he needs hypo bleach to whiten his teeth. A trial will do the magic. grin
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Solankelekzy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
Afrocatalyst: I knw say na only Nigerian trained dentist go make that kain comment. It's well o.
if you think our home grown doctors are clueless or quack, then have a good rethink because ur inablility to appreciate them till date doesnt stop thier intelligence.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by SIRJENTLE: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
IN ADDITION TO THIS: TOOTH BRUSH ALSO CAUSES GINGIVAL RECESSION
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Dreamflyin(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
First of all, Mr Dentist needs to go back to nursery school. Our fore fathers never knew sugar, the nearest they came to tooth decaying agents were kolanut and tobacco.
Nowadays, you start drinking/eating sugar from birth, and at 60, your teeth is as healthy as metal, courtesy of toothpaste and toothbrush.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by yemi2plus(m): 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please, where can I get baking soda or power for teeth cleaning?
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Edunwa302(m): 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
B4 nko
NOTE. Local chicken(AKUKO igbo) is better dan frozen chicken
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by nerodenero: 1:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
yuzedo: How does one effectively scrub his tongue with a chewing stick then? undecided I'm ready to dump over-priced toothpastes and brushes if there is a viable method for tongue cleaning with the chewing stick. I spend over 30mins every morning cleaning my tongue, i no wan hear say handsome boy like me get bad breath by mistake. sad angry
Does that mean in Banana Iceland Island, it took you guys 30minutes to clean your tongues undecided. Iceland Island filled with people having mouth odour
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Afam4eva(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Theben: grin grin

So just because chewing stick contains tannin, it is now enough reason to conclude that using it is better than making use of tooth paste?

A dentist could actually conclude this leaving the fact that toothpastes contain fluoride which also kills bacteria?

This man is a re.tard angry
It's better than Toothbrush and not Toothpaste. Una dey read at all?
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by nerodenero: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Neither chewing stick nor toothbrush can remove particles of food stuck between the teeth.Flossing is the best method for that.
Well said.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by andymofia(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
yemi2plus:
I use more than 30 minutes. I wash my mouth more than twice every morning.

my dear sister, you need to see a dentist. a real dentist, not the type that prefers chewing stick to toothbrush.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Wendyslim(f): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pako na master grin grin
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Odeju(m): 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Na wa for us in this country oo sadNa wa for us in this country oo
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Slasha1(f): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
berem: Can someone help me ask the olodo dentist if he uses chewing stick to brush his teeth? If he doesn't,he should either lead by example or STFU! angry
Abeg he's just finding something to say. I was thinking he'll give so many reasons why it's better.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Anniettieufia(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
It's true ,
i use my case as an example ,
when i was a kid, i had no mercy for grandulated SUGAR , and with the continuous used of chewing stick, there was no tooth decay .

But as i grew up, my aunt forced macleans on my mouth,
i started having tooth-ache ,
Today @ 30something,I've already removed two of my teeth,

well, thanks to Dabur.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Odeju(m): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm naija,u na no go kill person
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Ruthieberry(f): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
I no read d long story o. Buh i no say mumsy dey hold us tyt dey use chewin stick and ashes brush our teeth dose days wey we stil small.....Hah! good old days
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by lonelydora: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Before nko It is medically better than chewing stick
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by rafcrown(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
Afrocatalyst: I knw say na only Nigerian trained dentist go make that kain comment. It's well o.
You are wrong-a dentist from abroad once stated that chewing sticks and toothbrush are both HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.P always start with chewing stick then brush afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by drdams: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nothing wrong about this..
Afterall we Africans place priority for Herbal Therapy.
Am a 'Pako' addict , most especially weekends when I have time to make do with it for @ least an hour.

The Shorthcoming of the sticks is that its sooo crude and doesnt conform to what is obtainable in the civilized world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Government Seals Off Houses Lacking Standard Toilets / A Growth On My Testicles Is This Normal? / Nigerian Nurses To Work For 2 Years Before They Can Practice Abroad - NMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.